User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:03   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Making movies (DivX)

My brother has downloaded tonnes of movies which he uses a DivX Player to watch them, they are Counter-Strike ones that CS players put together themselves showing their performance.

How do they make these movies and what program(s) do they use?

All information on this is deeply appriciated

Thank you

Dan

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:24   #2
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Isn't there some sort of "record replay" option? Or a console command? Ok honestly I have no idea, but:
- Search the web for "plugins" or "hacks" that do the replay recording for you

If that doesn't help, take the hard way: Screen Capturing. Needs LOTs of sys-power, as all you frames and stuff has to been written on harddisk. You need a FAST machine for that, maybe turn down the CS settings...
Use VirtualDub or so.

Although I DON'T KNOW, if you can capture DirectX-GameScreens...

Mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:28   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
People who take counterstrike seriously enough to want to do that need
a) thier computer impounding, and
b) an informational pamphlet on the useage of the front door handle, and it's relevence to going outside and getting a life.

Such is my opinion on the matter.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:07   #4
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
1) I don't play CS & I like my PC as it is, its my brother that is the sad ****, so feel free to kill him.
2) I don't play CS & I work 40 hours a week. I don't need the leaflet, thank you for your care & advice anyhow. Much appreciated

Now any serious answers?

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:41   #5
Pineapple
Banned

Pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
http://hys.stupidape.co.uk/hyscssite/csmovie.html

i googled for "CS Demo to avi" (w/o quotes btw)
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 01:15   #6
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
havent checked the above link, but from what i heard

record a demo of your game, use some random program to extract the demo into pics of the frames, and then put it all together using some other random program into a nice movie
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 15:11   #7
Minty
Who?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pineapple
http://hys.stupidape.co.uk/hyscssite/csmovie.html

i googled for "CS Demo to avi" (w/o quotes btw)
Thank you

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks