User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Feb 2006, 01:11   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Munich (the film) - no spoilers contained

At least not in this post - please indicate in advance if you're going to leave any.
This is basicly a repeat of what I just said in #forums, but I thought I might get to see more people's reactions.

I found it strange, but in a good way.
First of all, I had expected (this being a Speilberg and all) that it would be heavily Hollywoodised. It's not. There is no black and white good vs. evil, and the tone of the film is as neutral as possible while trying to provoke the audience to be thoughtful. Obviously the right vs. wrong of the actual event from which the film takes it's name is fairly clear cut - it's what comes next where the audience is left to decide for itself on quite a few matters.

All in all, I think it's quite well done and I would probably recommend it to certain friends - but not the ones who are action junkies. Don't expect an action film here, because it isn't one.
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 01:15   #2
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Munich (the film) - no spoilers contained

I really liked this movie, saw it on my birthday in January. It wont dissapoint! As for the politcal nature of, I shrugged. It's just a good movie...
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 01:20   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Munich (the film) - no spoilers contained

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
At least not in this post - please indicate in advance if you're going to leave any.
This is basicly a repeat of what I just said in #forums, but I thought I might get to see more people's reactions.

I found it strange, but in a good way.
First of all, I had expected (this being a Speilberg and all) that it would be heavily Hollywoodised. It's not. There is no black and white good vs. evil, and the tone of the film is as neutral as possible while trying to provoke the audience to be thoughtful. Obviously the right vs. wrong of the actual event from which the film takes it's name is fairly clear cut - it's what comes next where the audience is left to decide for itself on quite a few matters.

All in all, I think it's quite well done and I would probably recommend it to certain friends - but not the ones who are action junkies. Don't expect an action film here, because it isn't one.
I think it showed that both sides are pretty messed up. And while it didn't provide a solution it showed that what's been going on over the last few decades clearly isn't getting either side anywhere.