User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2008, 06:14   #1
Stuhlman

Stuhlman will become famous soon enoughStuhlman will become famous soon enough
Arrow R27 Stats Final

Now that's R27 Stats are final as promised by Appocomaster :

What is your reflection on each race stats? What race will you pick and why...

Simply give us your 2 cents.

I am anxious to hear from JonnyBGood, Sun_Tzu, Kargool, mz, Gerbie2 and any one with interesting comments Thanks

Last edited by Stuhlman; 2 Jun 2008 at 20:26.
Stuhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 08:00   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R27 Stats Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuhlman
I am anxious to hear from JonnyBGood, Sun_Tzu, Kargool, MZ, Gerbie2 and any one with interesting comments Thanks
First time anyone has ever been anxious to hear from Kargool probably...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 08:01   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My nick is mz, I'm not playing and I haven't looked at the stats. Sorry.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 08:22   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I'll probably go zik for the fun of it.
I went Cath last round but I can't endure the frustration of playing cath 2 rounds in a row. If your ally is at war you just top the list in every raid... and as the Cath def ships are also their attack ships it's a constant headache... at least your zik gal mates will be happy to have you.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 08:47   #5
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

from the quick browse through the changes i took;

etd looks strong offensively, especially fr vs de heavy ziks which will make them a good 'roider of the #1 race' choice. I think they'll suffer defensively again, but probably benefit the most from their being less cath (in my opinion) and as such fewer cath cr.

ziks are looking solid, not unsimilar to last round.

i think caths will suffer, their poor performance the back end of last round id imagine will put people off them. Also things like the phant being boosted, fi flak for ters and etd de will hurt their co fleet.

Ters have been boosted a fair bit, similar to etd tho i think they are going to have problems with concentrating fleets still. Bs on xans is looking good, id imagine xans go heavy bomber rather than pk which will benefit them.

xan, again, not unsimilar to last round, overall slightly weaker id imagine, ter fi is better vs their co, tho it remains to be seen if their seen as viable enough of a race to make any real difference.

if i was playing properly id go etd.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 11:32   #6
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
My nick is mz, I'm not playing and I haven't looked at the stats. Sorry.
My nick isn't Mz, but otherwise I agree with this post. And I'm not terribly sorry about it either :/
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 13:45   #7
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
from the quick browse through the changes i took;

etd looks strong offensively, especially fr vs de heavy ziks which will make them a good 'roider of the #1 race' choice. I think they'll suffer defensively again, but probably benefit the most from their being less cath (in my opinion) and as such fewer cath cr.
etd is stronger, yes. less caths isnt good for the etd though, which was their only target for CR solo.
Also, cath cr was about the ONLY attackfleet which didnt roid me last round.
Either u go CR, and pwn them with ur cr, or u just need 1 tiny bomber fleet if u went massive FR.

less cath = bad for etd imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
if i was playing properly id go etd.
I wouldnt advice anyone going etd.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 19:01   #8
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

i'll probably go terran again , just like previous rounds.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 19:55   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going to go cath but that's more to do with personal reasons meaning I might not have a huge amount of time for pa this round so I'm going to do scans and xp whore a bit. I'd probably go etd as well because they're slightly different to everything else and I didn't get the chance to try them last round. In my opinion the most room for creativity when playing is with etd this round, with zik slightly further back. You could really do some damage with different types of fr/de as cr/bs fakes for example.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 20:38   #10
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

ETD was tempting, but Xan DE with bombers is still a very simply way for Xan to cover every option to attack them. It makes it very easy to play defense, as long as you can out flack the EMP. And since Xan DE are better then their CO, which only really worked with cath combos last round a pure Xan DE planet should do just fine. As to which race will win, I'm betting cath will look good till about 2/3 the way through the round when ziks will start to catch up. Xan as always will be a viable option, but in the end I'm betting Xan doesn't win. As always however, no one will really know until the round is over!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 20:53   #11
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I think a zik or cath will win.

Zik is the strongest race, followed by xan.
Every race can probably work in the hands of a good player though.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 23:15   #12
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Brigand should have had ini 5...

r27 Brigand is gonna be the r4 Phoenix rerun

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 23:18   #13
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets not get carried away about the Brigand. It has a nice init, but its damage and armour arent THAT good. A heavy CO Xan could get a medium Zik to run their DE in some situations. A CO heavy Cath would also be interested in Ziks if there is no evidence of hidden Cutlass in production from sandmans, etc.
Unread 3 Jun 2008, 08:25   #14
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
Lets not get carried away about the Brigand. It has a nice init, but its damage and armour arent THAT good. A heavy CO Xan could get a medium Zik to run their DE in some situations. A CO heavy Cath would also be interested in Ziks if there is no evidence of hidden Cutlass in production from sandmans, etc.
doubt any heavy xan co would go solo on a zik
the brigand IS good

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2008, 09:11   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I am definitively going Cath, the reason is that if you don't bother losing a few roids now and then and get a few zik buddies that love to steal incs, a cath is actually quite good. You have a quite awesome cr fleet. But that's forcing you to only build one attackfleet because you want as many CR ships as possible to emp out everything thrown at you. Xans will be in abundance and you'll have plenty of targets there when you go roach heavy. The only disadvantage the caths have is their inability to defend alliance which prolly will screw you over in the end. Removing the scarab was a crap decision.
Unread 3 Jun 2008, 09:23   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Beetle for ally def
Unread 3 Jun 2008, 09:56   #17
Sleepless
Estharian

Sleepless is an unknown quantity at this point

Spiders are ok too for ally def

-=Estharian Since R4=-
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2008, 10:07   #18
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

They are rather expensive and only targets CO as pri 2, so quite crap buck for the bang.