User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Jul 2007, 15:47   #51
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Who watches the Watchers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
Unfortunately for remy, the discussion at hand isnt about what the moon is made from, its about his some what dubious approach to his job. From what you've just said "Allegedly", im assuming remy is denying any position in CT?
He is denying that there is any information exchange between himself and the rest of the alliance in terms of anything to do with this round*, in terms of intel, targets, attack/defence, and so on.
Whilst trying not to breaching CService regulations about gaining access to things I shouldn't have, I've also discussed issues about remy's access, verifying and clarifying Achi's statements.

*well, apart from say changing the parsers that they may use to work with this round's scans. I'm sure he did that for the LCH public tools too, just like updating the stats and trying to replicate bugs in the combat engine.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 15:52   #52
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Do you plan on replying to the answers I gave to your question(s) Appoco?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 15:56   #53
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
He is denying that there is any information exchange between himself and the rest of the alliance in terms of anything to do with this round*, in terms of intel, targets, attack/defence, and so on.
and so on. ?

Why would he help with attacks/defence? i know he wouldnt be doing that anyway because his forte is technical.

what im asking is:

"Does he help run CT's technical support/department?"

If so, he would clearly have many friends in the alliance, and although unaware, it is essentially clouding his judgement.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 15:56   #54
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Do ship stats count as 'development'?
Well, that's lucky. I said that Keizari and you could fix them for next round just before this round, and afaik he's started doing that so I'm sure you'll be happy to fix the ship stats.

Quote:
I was also very frustrated with the developments Cin was doing, while in the future they may be a step in the right direction in other peoples views, they aren't really achieving a whole lot in the short term.
They do add some tactics

Quote:
Bugs that have existed for rounds still do, and suggestions that were basically universally agreed would be good for the game seem to be put on the back burner, while 1 person's view of how it should work is developed, mainly because he is the one developing it. (not that I don't appreciate he is doing all this for free, but it is still frustrating).
Which ones? I assume you're referring to combat bugs, but I prefer specifics to general comments. Blame Jester

Quote:
We are also in the middle of a free round which has seemed to be the worst round for PA since round 10.5.
I admit that a lot of things haven't gone smoothly and I apologise for that. If I had the time to go back and do everything again, maybe it'd come out better. However, it's quite hard to go back and fix things and make them all better now, so I'm trying to concentrate my free time on sorting out things for next round

Quote:
There just simply seems to be a complete lack of common sense. I mean seriously, the support planet rule. There is a SIMPLE way to sort this problem, and that is simply to remove the alliance limit completely, allowing alliances to have as many members as they want in-tag, meaning no need for 'support' planets.

If an alliance wants to have 300 planets, fine let them, its possibly 230 more planets than the game would have otherwise.

The whole reason for having an 'open' alliance ranking system where everyone can see their own alliances standing is to allow alliances in the main the opportunity to take actions as required, and to be able to determine their own future.

Kargool and Wakey may argue that the alliance limit should stay as is, but the simple question is WHY? Alliances strength isn't just determined by the amount of members they have. Besides if an alliance had 300 members (not a chance I know but hey lets dream), I'm sure quite a few alliances would actually help each other to take them on. This is what we used to call politics, and used to be an important part of the game...
There's quite a lot of threads, posts and time spent on this issue and I won't discuss it here.

Quote:
I'm asking you, as you seem to be the person with overall 'control'.
I'm just more vocal
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 15:58   #55
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-
But isnt the accusations against Remy that hes Biased and abusing powers etc.? Id call this post biased and a result of abuse of powers.
Abuse of what powers? I know you have a reputation for posts which betray a weak grasp of reality, but you seem to have surpassed yourself here. Either you know something that nobody else does, which isn't mentioned in this thread, or you're talking nonsense.

Achi's post alleged that Remy is involved with CT as a techie; the evidence for this being that he, apparently, hosts their site and is, in some way, active in maintaining it for use by CT. This fact, if true, is probably known to a large number of people and it's hard to keep something like that a secret in such a small (these days ) community. Appocomaster said that he confirmed this, in part by checking with CService. The contended issue appears to be whether or not he had a 'secret' membership of CT as a proper member. I've seen no evidence to suggest that he does, but if he does then undoubtedly some people must know this and may have revealed that information.

My own opinion is that the case is unproven, but I didn't exactly have a high opinion of Remy before these allegations were made. If he is involved with CT in some way, it would certainly explain some things, but there are equally plausible explanations for Remy's behaviour. The question is whether Remy is actively a CT member, or whether he is simply bending the rules a bit by helping CT out with their website. My guess is that it's probably the latter.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 16:00   #56
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Game^ is correct Germania, you are over-reacting. I have no interest in CT's running of their alliance or who you ask to code tools or who you let into your channels and so on. It is not your responsibility, either as an alliance, community or personally to ensure propriety and transparent fairness in PA. It is Remy's responsibility however, enshrined in the very same NDA he constantly waves in people's faces when it come to not discussing details with them/on the forums/wherever.

But allow me to reiterate. I do not believe Conspiracy have done anything wrong, Remy's association with you is incidental, it could have been any major alliance and my points would be exactly the same.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 16:03   #57
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Everyone everywhere in PA was trying to figure out what you guys were up to and thanks to the Asc mystique a lot of them figured it was some sneaky tactic to help Asc win. At the very least it looked like a surprisingly blatant attempt to setup support planets out of tag.
This wasn't what happened. Primarily this was done because the ascendancy community was larger than seventy members and I believed everyone deserved a chance to play the ascendancy way. I didn't suspect this would last and rather as expected a number of people who joined us imagining that they'd get people working around the clock for them have now left. Partly it was done because I wanted to highlight how ludicrous the support planet rules are and hopefully have a genuine attempt made at fixing them next round. I also did it because the idea of people like red screaming about ascendancy support planets amuses the hell out of me. Achilles reasons for setting up transcendancy were, as far as I'm aware, to provide a free scanning service and probably because he was jealous I'd registered #descendancy before him.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 16:07   #58
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
and so on. ?

Why would he help with attacks/defence? i knew he wouldnt be doing that anyway because his forte is technical.

what im asking is:

"Does he help run CT's technical support/department?"

If so, he would clearly have many friends in the alliance, and although unaware, it is essentially clouding his judgement.
The active area of the game is small enough now you can't move for people you know. I've not been in (m)any of the top alliances and I can't move for people I know. Almost everyone I retal I know. Some people just think it's funny
This is why we try and work from alliance ids and user ids rather than actual names.
As I've said, I believe he has access to the server and helps to improve the tools as well as his public tools, and so in that respect is part of their technical department. I don't think he's really taken steps to conceal the fact that CT did inherit some of LCH's code. He's spent more time making new tools for multihunting though....

In other news, I'm sure you'll all be pleased to here that remy effectively suspended himself by refusing to login to IRC or Planetarion until this matter has been resolved.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 16:32   #59
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
At the very least it looked like a surprisingly blatant attempt to setup support planets out of tag.
How ironic isnt it that your own alliance, Conspiracy, certainly have more than 70 players in its ranks.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 16:49   #60
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

CT has great intel because AKMASTER, our Intel Department HC does a great job going through data putting our intel together. Ofcourse, Intel on Ascendancy was easy to come by this round. Remy supplied absolutely 0 intel to CT. Remy is a friend, and I certainly won't deny that, but that is where it ends.

As for our tools. They are hosted on the old LCH hosting site, (as you may or may not remember, Ace was a founding HC member in CT and the LCH core was a big part of our original core membership) and that is the extent of Tech connection with Remy. I have contacted him when the tools have gone down, or the bot has gone down on occasion so he could restart the tools or correct any problems with logging in. For that Reason, Remy at one time had access to our Tech channel. as does Bashar, and Mazzelaar who wrote and maintains our defense bot. The majority of our tools maintenance is done by me as far as maintaining tools and member login information. AK Master works and maintains our Intel tools. One of CT's biggest problems have been the lack of a fulltime tech once Bashar was unable to do the tech work full time. In round 20, CT tools were a copy of the 1up tools, hosted on Bashars site. When there have been coding headaches or problems, he's has in the past helped me through the difficulties sorting through the code, as has mazzelaar, and Bashar. Maybe you should all go report mazzelaars Eve account as conspiring with us.

As for accusations about Remy being baised in his investigations and the performance of his duties as a Multi Hunter, that's rediculous. Remy has been up my ass as far as making sure we are playing within the rules as much or more than he has any other alliance, and has even had a minor run in with my wife concerning her defending certain friends she has in CT (not me). He has been fair, and even with all his investigations to my knowledge, atleast as far as an y interaction we've had concerning CT or it's members. (we had 1 closed early in the round after WE reported the player, and I believe Remy was the MH who closed him).

If Fiery or Appocomaster have questions of me, they are wwelcome to find me on IRC and I'll gladly answer any questions I can.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 16 Jul 2007 at 18:14.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 16:54   #61
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
How ironic isnt it that your own alliance, Conspiracy, certainly have more than 70 players in its ranks.

Interesting to see you post accuasations when your alliances has better than 30 out of tag planets.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 17:02   #62
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Game^ is correct Germania, you are over-reacting. I have no interest in CT's running of their alliance or who you ask to code tools or who you let into your channels and so on. It is not your responsibility, either as an alliance, community or personally to ensure propriety and transparent fairness in PA. It is Remy's responsibility however, enshrined in the very same NDA he constantly waves in people's faces when it come to not discussing details with them/on the forums/wherever.

But allow me to reiterate. I do not believe Conspiracy have done anything wrong, Remy's association with you is incidental, it could have been any major alliance and my points would be exactly the same.
Of course I overreacted

Mainly I was upset about your intel comment. I would hope you give us more credit than to think we would get intel from a PA official.

Seriously though, who's bright idea was it to make scanning an illegal support activity?
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 17:03   #63
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
No that actually wouldn't be ironic.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 17:05   #64
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
This wasn't what happened. Primarily this was done because the ascendancy community was larger than seventy members and I believed everyone deserved a chance to play the ascendancy way. I didn't suspect this would last and rather as expected a number of people who joined us imagining that they'd get people working around the clock for them have now left. Partly it was done because I wanted to highlight how ludicrous the support planet rules are and hopefully have a genuine attempt made at fixing them next round. I also did it because the idea of people like red screaming about ascendancy support planets amuses the hell out of me. Achilles reasons for setting up transcendancy were, as far as I'm aware, to provide a free scanning service and probably because he was jealous I'd registered #descendancy before him.
Yes I am aware, I am just saying the we need no special theory of why a multi hunter was attracted to the -cendancy tags since they were glaringly obvious to everyone and were the source of much speculation throughout PA.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 17:23   #65
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Yes I am aware, I am just saying the we need no special theory of why a multi hunter was attracted to the -cendancy tags since they were glaringly obvious to everyone and were the source of much speculation throughout PA.
how sad isnt it then ct dudes ends up as red- on forums

try to evolve upwards for a change

edit: changed a - a bit

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 17:25   #66
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
how sad isnt it then ct dudes ends up as -red on forums

try to evolve upwards for a change
Do u mean to be so retarded? If you have'nt got anything productive to bring, infact, if you have'nt got anything to add to this conversation. Be quiet.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 17:29   #67
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
In other news, I'm sure you'll all be pleased to here that remy effectively suspended himself by refusing to login to IRC or Planetarion until this matter has been resolved.

it wount be resolved until hes permamently gone m8

Unread 16 Jul 2007, 17:44   #68
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
His integrity and impartiality have been called into question. We still haven't seen any convincing explanation for his actions, other than the one put forward in this and other threads. I should bloody well hope he's suspended himself, as he's clearly lost the respect of a large portion of the players.

Unless we see something other than expressions of support from Appoco, how can he possibly come back? Words are cheap, and to me this just looks like damage limitation from PA Team.
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 18:35   #69
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i'm not convinced about remy positively discriminating CT, but i don't think anyone can deny these following two statements;
a/ he's got a vendetta against ascendancy, as proven in past rants in the beta chan as well as the planetarion channel.
b/ he's pretty retarded with regards to this whole scanners being illegal lunacy.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 18:37   #70
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaMac
His integrity and impartiality have been called into question. We still haven't seen any convincing explanation for his actions, other than the one put forward in this and other threads. I should bloody well hope he's suspended himself, as he's clearly lost the respect of a large portion of the players.

Unless we see something other than expressions of support from Appoco, how can he possibly come back? Words are cheap, and to me this just looks like damage limitation from PA Team.
Why on earth should he be suspended? Whether you agree with the closures he made or not he's within his rights to do so, and theirs certainly no reason for him to be suspended over them. A discussion on whether or not scanners should be exempt from the support planet rule is a different matter completely.

And the accusations that he has links to alliances are just those at the moment, accusations. The burdon of proof lies on the accusers to back up their claims, he's very much innocent until proven guilty.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 18:41   #71
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
a/ he's got a vendetta against ascendancy, as proven in past rants in the beta chan as well as the planetarion channel.
Remy is more than entitled to his own opinion regarding alliances, that doesn't mean however that he doesn't do his job inpartially, much in the same way that the forum mods are allowed their own opinions, but still manage to moderate without bias when the situation arises.

-Cead
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 18:52   #72
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

so, what have we got:

1) Remy not signing on IRC anymore coz he is afraid of a direct confrontation and unable to participate in a conversation.

2) Jolt (represented by Biffy) not giving a **** and pushing all decisions back to the PA crew

3) PA Crew (represented by Appocomaster) defending one of the worst MHs since a long time, but still pushing the final decision towards Fiery.

4) Fiery not saying a word on this topic.

All this gives me great confidence into the current administration of the game and i am sure that i will spend many more hours and credits on it!
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 19:09   #73
K-W
Bored

Why do multi-hunters get to make decisions about what the rules are in the game? Why do we not have a very specific published code from PA crew that defines what is and is not illegal?
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 19:11   #74
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

i asked for clear rules a long time ago; seemed that it would be too much work to write such a catalog.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 19:13   #75
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
The burdon of proof lies on the accusers to back up their claims, he's very much innocent until proven guilty.

If only the multihunters played by thoose rules!
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 19:55   #76
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

I also find it very interesting that we also have an alliance who has a cservice channel op, and multiple forum mods, all having access to ppl's channel information , ip's, and whatever else they can see, and that alliances arbiter had planet and channel intel about other alliances that cannot be obtained prior to PT 72 under normal circumstances...and no one bitches and whines about that little nugget of info... yet you want to bust Remy's balls when he actually has done nothing wrong. As a matter of fact, a 1 mil point CT planet got closed today ...I'm sure freakin glad we have an inside man working in CT's best interest /sarcasm
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 19:58   #77
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
and that alliances arbiter had planet and channel intel about other alliances that cannot be obtained prior to PT 72 under normal circumstances...
Spies aren't allowed anymore either, eh?
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:00   #78
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I also find it very interesting that we also have an alliance who has a cservice channel op, and multiple forum mods, all having access to ppl's channel information , ip's, and whatever else they can see, and that alliances arbiter had planet and channel intel about other alliances that cannot be obtained prior to PT 72 under normal circumstances...and no one bitches and whines about that little nugget of info... yet you want to bust Remy's balls when he actually has done nothing wrong. As a matter of fact, a 1 mil point CT planet got closed today ...I'm sure freakin glad we have an inside man working in CT's best interest /sarcasm
You sir, are a buffoon.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:02   #79
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Spies aren't allowed anymore either, eh?

you can't test launch before pt 72
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:05   #80
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
you can't test launch before pt 72
If I'm not mistaken you're a CT HC and yet you're so naive.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:19   #81
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
is there a point in our immediate future? or you just decide you had nothing intelligent to add to the discussion so you'd just go ahead and post crap?
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:19   #82
Veil05
NE

Quote:
As a matter of fact, a 1 mil point CT planet got closed today ...I'm sure freakin glad we have an inside man working in CT's best interest /sarcasm
Hardly a significant player tbh? 1mil is avg of any player in t10 alliance. In all honesty, i dont even care about remy, he closed me last round and tbh i deserved it. All i want is this stupid EULA amending and for MH's in general to stop being so fickle.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:22   #83
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Hardly a significant player tbh? 1mil is avg of any player in t10 alliance. In all honesty, i dont even care about remy, he closed me last round and tbh i deserved it. All i want is this stupid EULA amending and for MH's in general to stop being so fickle.

I think we'd all like more specific language concerning the topic, not arguing that, and a 1 million planet is average, also not disputing that, but certainly, it's odd that the alliance who whined about Remy initially is guilty themselves of some glaring conflict of interest issues.. looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me. The example you quoted was merely to point out that CT isn't immune from MH action.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:22   #84
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rob, an IRC operator, also has access to some of these things - certainly the IP addresses, and apparently some access to cservice commands.
He was one of the people that jester mentioned above.
One of what people I mentioned where?
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:24   #85
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Remy is more than entitled to his own opinion regarding alliances, that doesn't mean however that he doesn't do his job inpartially, much in the same way that the forum mods are allowed their own opinions, but still manage to moderate without bias when the situation arises.
Heh one could doubt that in some cases.

Like JBGs attack bot he offered so willing to everyone... Untill suddenly they realised Ascendancy had thier target lists...

The multiple abuse and violation of rules from the side of Ascendancy clearly shows the need for the Support Planet Rule and other rules like it, also it clearly shows why we have to be happy there is actually some MHs outthere still willing to do thier job, even though its a dirty job and you get dragged trough the mud on forums by a bunch of people acting like a lynchmob.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:25   #86
robban1

Quote:
his nick isnt happyduck for a reson still think its strange that the ct dudes ahve an urge to defend remy for not doing the stuff you guys claims he dont do...erm or something

Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:45   #87
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly, someone should make a new topic to dig into this whole 'Ascendancy has cservice access' thing.
Would certainly explain how it was possible for Ascendancy to have intel on planets that have just logged on with their fake nicks at tick 40 or so.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:49   #88
Almeida

Quote:
The multiple abuse and violation of rules from the side of Ascendancy clearly shows the need for the Support Planet Rule and other rules like it
list the violations, back up your accusations or just shut the **** up. you are only flinging shit around as that probably is the only thing you are able to do.

Quote:
I also find it very interesting that we also have an alliance who has a cservice channel op, and multiple forum mods, all having access to ppl's channel information , ip's, and whatever else they can see, and that alliances arbiter had planet and channel intel about other alliances that cannot be obtained prior to PT 72 under normal circumstances...and no one bitches and whines about that little nugget of info...
every ally is free to move their channels onto another IRC network, noone is forced to use these forums, on the other hand we can not chose another bunch of MHs; i guess that is the reason why noone is bitching about that "little nugget of info".
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 20:56   #89
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
his nick isnt happyduck for a reson still think its strange that the ct dudes ahve an urge to defend remy for not doing the stuff you guys claims he dont do...erm or something
It looks to me like CT dudes are defending CT, but plug on with the Conspiracy Theory, I suppose we should encourage this perception of CT just to justify the name. CT receives no inside information from any PA official and plays no role in the actions of any multi hunters outside of occasionally passing along evidence, which anyone is free to do.

Im not sure if ducks goal was to claim that asc gets inside information. I do not think asc does, nor does CT, even though both alliances have connections to people with privileged access (true of several alliances). All of the officials in this game have deep connections to players and communities or they would never have bothered working in the game to begin with.

I have no opinion about Remy since I barely know him, but I do know that multi hunter objectivity has long been a problem in PA. Individual multi-hunters will always have biases, they are human and they have friends and history in PA that informs their attitudes. The professionalism of individual multi-hunters is something that should be addressed but so too should the system which they work in.

And this is I think Achilles' point. I did overreact a bit to bringing CT into this discussion, but I trust that as he clarified this is not about CT, it is about the lack of supervision of the multi-hunters, every single one of which has ties to various people and communities in this game and could very easily be cast as biased.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 21:06   #90
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
...back up your accusations or just shut the **** up
So thats actually needed to post here now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
every ally is free to move their channels onto another IRC network, noone is forced to use these forums
So abuse and bias is ok on irc and forums?

You lot are patethic.

You go yelling wolf when in fact you are the wolf.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 21:07   #91
K-W
Bored

Quote:
If out of tag scanners are significant, a 1 mil player is significant. Im not really sure what you are trying to argue but CT planets are closed by the multihunters and CT is not recieving any special information. We should really end this silly line of discussion because all PA officials have connections in the PA community and there is a real issue here, which is that of PA Crew supervising multihunters and clarifying the rules.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 21:18   #92
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
is there a point in our immediate future? or you just decide you had nothing intelligent to add to the discussion so you'd just go ahead and post crap?
You mean like the intelligent crap you've been spouting in the last few posts? No, not at all. I should of course learn to ignore such non-constructive posts (like your counter-accusations), but I just couldn't help it.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 21:20   #93
Almeida

Quote:
So thats actually needed to post here now?
yes, or i wouldn't have posted it; pooflinger

Quote:
So abuse and bias is ok on irc and forums?

You lot are patethic.

You go yelling wolf when in fact you are the wolf.
congratulations on completely missing my point, you are the pathetic one

you do not pay for the forums, you do not pay for IRC, you DO pay for your planet (unless it's a free round, but also then there shouldn't be any different customer treatment than in a paid round)

do you now understand the difference between abusing your powers as a MH and abusing your powers as a forum admin?

about CT: imo, they haven't done anything wrong and for sure it ain't their fault if Remy does a (imo) wrong decision.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 21:25   #94
Veil05
NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
If out of tag scanners are significant, a 1 mil player is significant.
A pawn to protect the king imo. However, my main point of the post was to highlight the need for more, lets say "clear" information in the EULA.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 21:30   #95
K-W
Bored

Quote:
A pawn to protect the king imo.
I still have no idea what you are saying

Quote:
However, my main point of the post was to highlight the need for more, lets say "clear" information in the EULA.
On that we can certainly agree. Who made the decision that scanning was an illegal support activity and why are these specific rules not published by PA team.
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 21:50   #96
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Why on earth should he be suspended?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibaMac
Was I not clear enough? You can't be an effective enforcer of the rules unless you're trusted to be impartial by the people the rules apply to. Do you think Remy is?

There's enough evidence of bias to convince me and many others. There is a chance we're all wrong. I think we'd even like to be proven wrong. But until I see something to refute these allegations (and Appoco saying so isn't enough), I remain convinced.
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 21:57   #97
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Like JBGs attack bot he offered so willing to everyone... Untill suddenly they realised Ascendancy had thier target lists...
What. The. ****?
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 22:11   #98
Red-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
What. The. ****?
Mix up of nicks - Wrong Guy :P
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 22:17   #99
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Clearly, someone should make a new topic to dig into this whole 'Ascendancy has cservice access' thing.
Would certainly explain how it was possible for Ascendancy to have intel on planets that have just logged on with their fake nicks at tick 40 or so.
Well now you know why we kicked Alki from our galaxy shortly after the protection period. Good riddance.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 22:22   #100
Ceadrath

Quote:
Was I not clear enough? You can't be an effective enforcer of the rules unless you're trusted to be impartial by the people the rules apply to. Do you think Remy is?
Yes. I do. Of the 2500 accounts that are signed up at the moment how many of them do you think lack faith in the MH's? Or actually care? A vocal minority is all. The vast majority of players don't put themselves in a position whereby they could possibly be closed, and have absolutely no interaction with the multihunters. As such, they don't give a shit.

Quote:
There's enough evidence of bias to convince me and many others. There is a chance we're all wrong. I think we'd even like to be proven wrong. But until I see something to refute these allegations (and Appoco saying so isn't enough), I remain convinced.
What evidence are you talking about? That he has some grand connection to ct? People in a position to know have stated that he has no untoward involvement, and thats good enough for me.

As to him having some hatred for a certain alliance, i'll say the same thing i said earlier. He's more than entitled to his own opinion, but it doesn't effect how he carries out the responsibilities of his position. The closing of 2 planets he's supposedly hostile to amongst a bunch of other planets doesn't make him so.

-Cead