User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Sep 2003, 16:48   #1
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
"New" cannabis legislation

i heard something on the news today. good old Tony is at it again that dope smoking fiend. moving closer to the legalisation of cannabis they say.

from what i have heard it's pretty much the same bs they were going through last time all this came up. reclassification and all that nonsense.

but now its 'OK' for ppl over the age of 17 to possess dope?
you can possess a certain amount and not get busted?

look Tony.

Nobody gives a sh*t. The only people who really know what they are going on about are the people who toke. They had some bearded nonce moaning about cannabis being the evil gateway drug that WILL lead to crack and smack. not maybe. Kids.... don't smoke dope, you will end up thieving off anything with legs to feed your smack habit.

My drugs policy?

1. legalise cannabis.
2. prove to kids the sheer stupidity of taking heroin by starting a new reality tv show following a group of heroin users around for a day and to make it educational they can work out how many hits the various items they steal are worth.
3. kill all heroin users.

but the scariest thing is....
Heroin has got to f*cking rock....
it's addictive for a reason ffs

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 16:55   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
....?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 16:58   #3
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
....?
dont ask

i forgot my point halfway through and started rambling.

Waiting for the Sun.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:10   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What's wrong with their policy on Cannabis?
They can't legalise it in one go because of the outcry it would cause.
So they are near enough legalising it for noone who smokes it to care any different.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:18   #5
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
You can still get arrested for smoking it in public. People can smoke what they like in their own homes as far as im concerned.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:21   #6
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Ste
What's wrong with their policy on Cannabis?
They can't legalise it in one go because of the outcry it would cause.
So they are near enough legalising it for noone who smokes it to care any different.
What is their policy? "Decriminalisation"?
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:22   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
You can still get arrested for smoking it in public....
Or around kids whether they be at home or in a public place if i heard the news correctly, i wasnt really concentrating on it.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:29   #8
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
You can still get arrested for smoking it in public. People can smoke what they like in their own homes as far as im concerned.
I'm against smoking in public so thats perfectly acceptable by me.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:30   #9
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
What is their policy? "Decriminalisation"?
"Reclassification"

Class C drug instead of Class B.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 17:44   #10
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Class C Classification -

Examples: Anabolic steroids, tranquillisers which includes Valium and Rohypnol.

Possession: Maximum 2 years and/or unlimited fine.

Supply: Maximum 5 years imprisonment and/or unlimited fine.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 18:38   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
who cares
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 18:40   #12
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
selling marijuana has to be legal before private use can be legalized (i.e., decriminalized).

anything else is idiocy of the highest order

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
who cares
you do
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 19:28   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
LEGALIZE, DON'T CRITIZISE! (Ps you dont haffi dread to be rasta, mon!)

Anyways, legalize all drugs. It's the only way to go!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 19:31   #14
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
selling marijuana has to be legal before private use can be legalized (i.e., decriminalized).

anything else is idiocy of the highest order

you do
But decriminalisation specifically means pretending something is legal when it isn't.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 19:39   #15
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
But decriminalisation specifically means pretending something is legal when it isn't.
i can just see bush thinking to himslef "i think i'll decriminalize the huge donations i got from halliburton yesterday"
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 20:39   #16
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So now that the Police have taken control of the whole making law thing, does this mean we can just abolish Parliament?
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 22:07   #17
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
legalise cannabis and i guarantee drug abuse for other drugs will plumit.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 22:49   #18
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Heroin is addictive physically. Basically what happens when you take it is your brain releases a rush of endorphins (natural painkillers) and makes you incredably happy. During this time, your brain gets used to the sensation that it had during the heroin trip, and you just feel bad at all other times. Which gives you the sensation og wanting to do it again.

And then the cycle continues, getting worse and worse every time.

Just do cannabis. It makes you happy enough and doesn't have such horrible side effects.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 04:59   #19
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont really see any bad sides of cannibis.. it sorts just feels like your pissed, only a lot more tired. doesnt make you depressed and pissed off at things. and you dont get a hangover ... only thing is you get munchies, and eat more :P
i dont think its ever actually killed someone before has it?
but have you ever thought the government are holding back this decrimninalising because theyre trying so hard to get police figures up?.... if they stopped busting stoners and their dealers arrests would fall by about a quarter or something wouldnt they?

they should concentrate more on busting smack heads and their skags who rob people to feed their addiction
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 07:46   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tzencath
I'd love to hear this one explained.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 07:51   #21
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd love to hear this one explained.
Most people start on harder drugs because the dealer where they buy cannabis has it in stock, and does the old 'peer pressure' routine on them to get them hooked.

Take out the backalley dealer and stop the contamination.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 09:27   #22
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Most people start on harder drugs because the dealer where they buy cannabis has it in stock, and does the old 'peer pressure' routine on them to get them hooked.
evidence plz

edit: I'm sure some people start out on harder drugs in that way, but I think its pushing it to say that "most" do. Also, if cannibas is legalised it will lose a lot of its factor, so the rebellious teenager demographic will probably move onto E or speed or whatever.

edit 2: Not to mention that itll probably still be cheaper to buy it from a dealer by the time ridiculous amounts of tax are added onto the sales price by the government.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 10:23   #23
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob The Scutter

they should concentrate more on busting smack heads and their skags who rob people to feed their addiction
that's why they changed the law...
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 10:40   #24
Ste
Bored

Quote:
evidence plz

edit: I'm sure some people start out on harder drugs in that way, but I think its pushing it to say that "most" do. Also, if cannibas is legalised it will lose a lot of its factor, so the rebellious teenager demographic will probably move onto E or speed or whatever.

E is apparently harmless too.

Quote:
edit 2: Not to mention that itll probably still be cheaper to buy it from a dealer by the time ridiculous amounts of tax are added onto the sales price by the government.
and that's what happens in Amsterdam - it's still illegal to grow it or something so the cafes are buying off criminals at there back door and selling legally at the front.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 11:25   #25
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Ste

lolly roffle
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 11:48   #26
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
i dont think its ever actually killed someone before has it?

what
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:15   #27
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally posted by Tzencath
decriminalize use of marijuana without legalizing the sale and i guarantee that drug abuse of other drugs will go up. along with murder and other violent crime.

Quote:
evidence plz

it's an infrastructure issue.

with pot getting sold to millions of people in britain, a huge infrastructure for the movement of drugs is created, and harder stuff can go along for the ride easily. everyone has two people selling pot in their phy-ed class, and even if they don't sell coke personally they can direct you somewhere else...
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:16   #28
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Thats not really relevant though, I dont believen that the 'harmfulness' of a drug has anything to do with whether it should be legalised. However, his point was that legalising cannibas would reduce the amount of people taking other drugs, which is something I find pretty dubious.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:29   #29
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
They haven't defined how much (weight) is for personal use.

I see a flaw.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:40   #30
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
its true tho ppl will move onto harder drugs less if its leglised.

I hear u say what no reasoning be ind this answer well in most case its true i just spout ****

but here i got a reason.

If its legalised cannabis will probably go thru coffe shop style selling point *eventually*. Thus instead of going to ur local dealer who has everything and will try to tempt u with that nice bag of coke hes got, u will be submerged in a coffe shop in stoners heaven and not at risk of being tempted by illegal drugs as they wont be on display!

Aha!

TSM
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:41   #31
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by inf
They haven't defined how much (weight) is for personal use.

I see a flaw.
5g's probably just to be annoying. just under a qt and just over an 1/8
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:43   #32
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Ste
You must be joking.

Please tell me you're joking...
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:47   #33
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
You must be joking.

MDMA the part of e is quite harmless when used at the right doses its just the other ****e that they mix with it that fcuks u up
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:49   #34
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by TheShadowMan
MDMA the part of e is quite harmless when used at the right doses its just the other ****e that they mix with it that fcuks u up
That's like saying that cigarettes are safe because the paper doesn't kill you.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:49   #35
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TheShadowMan
5g's probably just to be annoying. just under a qt and just over an 1/8
No, there is no definition. Probably is not good enough.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 12:49   #36
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
You must be joking.

Its 'apparently harmless' in the sense that there are no non-questionable/refuted studies showing that it causes damage when taken in non-chronic doses.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 15:10   #37
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
cannabis... :s

We're on our way to selling XTC in supermarkets here

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 18:40   #38
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
what
i mean, no one has died from over dosing on it as far as i know... if you have too much you just go all white, and are incapable of moving for hours. but im pretty sure no one has OD'd on it
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 18:50   #39
Nodrog

Quote:
i mean, no one has died from over dosing on it as far as i know... if you have too much you just go all white, and are incapable of moving for hours. but im pretty sure no one has OD'd on it
Noones ever died from MDMA afaik. All ecstacy deaths have been from either a) people taking it without knowing what it actually does and how to act on it (dehydration), b) allergic reactions, or c) as a direct consequence of it being illegal (other crap being mixed into the pills). There were several studies 'proving' that it caused damage to the brain, but all have been discredited (unless theres been any in the last year that I've missed). I think the current studies that havent been called into question provide enough evidence to suggest that taking 10 pills every weekend for a year is 'probably' bad for you, but theres absoutely nothing I know of that suggests that non-chronic use is detrimental to your health.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 18:56   #40
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

i was talking about pot lol, i quoted him after he quoted my last post and asked the question what... but nm, i see your point aswell, id still rather not go near the stuff though
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 19:23   #41
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Noones ever died from MDMA afaik. All ecstacy deaths have been from either a) people taking it without knowing what it actually does and how to act on it (dehydration), b) allergic reactions, or c) as a direct consequence of it being illegal (other crap being mixed into the pills). There were several studies 'proving' that it caused damage to the brain, but all have been discredited (unless theres been any in the last year that I've missed). I think the current studies that havent been called into question provide enough evidence to suggest that taking 10 pills every weekend for a year is 'probably' bad for you, but theres absoutely nothing I know of that suggests that non-chronic use is detrimental to your health.
But in Bad Boys II, someone overdosed on E! The E-man even said so!!!
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 20:50   #42
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Random Fact:

Apparantly only 10-20% of people who try 'hard' drugs (eg heroin) actually become addicted to it.

Serious Point:

XTC is harmful. According to a recent report i read (NewScientist like 2 or 3 weeks ago) even one dose of XTC (/coke/speed) can **** with your brain. Apparantly the drug(s) makes it harder for neurons to form connections. As such you cant learn new tasks (/info) as easily as you normally would (up to 3 months after the 'hit').

In addition to this im pretty sure that studies have shown that long term XTC use causes/leads to depression.

This is not even taking into account the immediate physical hazzards of XTC (ie your body loses its water regulatory ability). As such you can die from too much water as well as too little (you need to judge exactly how much water you need ... ie from what you've sweated).

As a drug XTC can also **** with your kidneys.

[/Dace's little lesson for the day]
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 21:06   #43
queball
Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace

XTC is harmful. According to a recent report i read (NewScientist like 2 or 3 weeks ago) even one dose of XTC (/coke/speed) can **** with your brain. Apparantly the drug(s) makes it harder for neurons to form connections. As such you cant learn new tasks (/info) as easily as you normally would (up to 3 months after the 'hit').
The apology is in this week's New Scientist.

"...it was all a ghastly mistake..."
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 21:12   #44
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
The apology is in this week's New Scientist. :p

"...it was all a ghastly mistake..."

Nah, that relates to something else.

Bad Research which needed an apology IN ANOTHER MAGAZINE and was mentioned in NewScientist = Mislabelled bottle gives 'XTC causes psychosis etc etc etc" result.

Article in NewScientist = Taking XTC makes it harder for you to learn (according to a study in rats).
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 12:39   #45
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

XTC can f*ck with your body. I've seen it happen. Every pill is different as they are all cut with various other drugs. Certain combinations will obviously get you more f*cked than others (MDMA + LSD) and others will make you feel like sh*t. Try asking a drug dealer exactly what is in his pills and try and get a straight answer.

The same can be said of weed and hash. But to a lesser extent, I know dealers who will cut their drugs with anything they have at hand to make a quick profit.

Legalisation will put a stop to this. Don't legalise heroin. People who are stupid enough to take heroin deserve every second of it. Although i still think it would be

Waiting for the Sun.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 12:41   #46
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
Nah, that relates to something else.

Bad Research which needed an apology IN ANOTHER MAGAZINE and was mentioned in NewScientist = Mislabelled bottle gives 'XTC causes psychosis etc etc etc" result.

Article in NewScientist = Taking XTC makes it harder for you to learn (according to a study in rats).
Link 2 article plz
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 12:48   #47
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

It doesn't help that the vast majority of ecstasy on the market is likely impure shiet, either.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 12:48   #48
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

Quote:
(according to a study in rats).
I think the fact that they are rats is what is making it harder for them to learn.

as for XTC causing psychosis.... read any half "decent" anti-drugs leaflet and they will clearly tell you that all drugs WILL lead to psychosis.

What they don't tell you is that you need to be a f*cking nutcase to begin with.

Waiting for the Sun.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 13:44   #49
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Cool

i have read 3 books by irvine welsh, so i think im now considered 'expert' in the area of drugs and so should at least make one comment in this thread.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 15:53   #50
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I use a variety of drugs from time to time. Hasn't done me any harm!!

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote