User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Aug 2003, 17:43   #1
_RATM_
Loves you with mouth

_RATM_ is infamous around these parts_RATM_ is infamous around these parts
How much petrol cost where YOU live

USA National AVRG: 1.80$ / Imp Gallon
Where i live in CANADA: 3.40$ / Imp Gallon

You'd think americans would stop bitching about high petrol prices
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 17:46   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
~1.15 Euro for a litre I think, though I'm not sure
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 17:47   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i think it's at 89.9 (cents)/litre
but i have to get gas later so i'll report back :P
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 17:54   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
~1.15 Euro for a litre I think, though I'm not sure
Quote:
From my friend google
Imperial gallon is 4.54609 litre
5.22 Euro's/Imperial Gallon
The Euro is about equal to the US Dollar at the moment (last time I saw the economic news)
And you say those pesky Americans only pay 1.80 for a FULL ****ING GALLON???
No wonder they drive around in those SUV's and stuff and cause so much polution.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 17:54   #5
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
about 79.9p a litre, i thinkt hat's how it works
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 17:58   #6
_RATM_
Loves you with mouth

_RATM_ is infamous around these parts_RATM_ is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
i think it's at 89.9 (cents)/litre
but i have to get gas later so i'll report back :P
Wow!
it's just like 83.9 here
that's the highest i've seen my entire life
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:02   #7
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i know.. it's fkin ridicules

i heard on the radio last week that my town had the second highest gas prices in canada :\
(#1 city was somewhere in teh territories)
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:02   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
8-9 kr a litre, i think. (8.5kr is 1.12 US dollars atm)
So, that's like 5,08 (ca)US dollar per gallon, if i've counted it properly. (I don't have a calculator handy )
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:08   #9
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
A camel per barrel.
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:09   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
A camel per barrel.
banned for possible racism
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:11   #11
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
73.9 to 75.9p per litre
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 19:11   #12
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted byJBOY
73.9 to 75.9p per litre
where the ****ing hell do you live?!??

i live on the coast, in Cleethorpes bout 10 miles from Lyndsey Oil Refinery, and places like Conocao, and Tioxide... you know, where they produce petrol, and all this chemical crap... but we have some of the highest petrol prices in the UK. youd at least think been as if its made around here it would be cheapewr, cos theres next to nothing used in transportation.

however i do get mine (diesel) for 74.9p per litre, because i visit a place when im working to fill the companies van up while im delivering, and they know my face, so they let me have diesel at special rates, the ones my firm pay for and i just pay cash instead.
usually its between 83.9p - 86.9p per litre here
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 19:16   #13
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
about 75p per litre (berkshire)
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 20:54   #14
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
today i paid 1.079€/l
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 03:12   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Today was 81c per litre

most I've ever seen was €1.02 out in the middle of nowhere at all...

cheapest must have been about 75c here..
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 03:17   #16
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
its about NZ$1.05 for a litre here atm.

Using what has been preiviously said in this thread, I work out the US prices to be around NZ$0.70 per litre.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 03:30   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
85.9p per litre
x 1.6 (USD Exchange rate) = 1.3744 USD
x 4.54609 (liters in 1 gallon) = 6.2481 USD per gallon

Anyone in Northwestern America who wishes to complain about the price of their Gas can now come across here and pay 6 times as much.

Whining ****ers!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 04:35   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: How much petrol cost where YOU live

Quote:
Originally posted by _RATM_
You'd think americans would stop bitching about high petrol prices
It's all relative. If gasoline were 1 cent a gallon and was then raised to 2 cents a gallon people would be screaming, "My God, it's doubled overnight!"
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 05:05   #19
Nathan

34p A litre (my parents car runs on LPG) :P
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 06:12   #20
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
85.9p per litre
x 1.6 (USD Exchange rate) = 1.3744 USD
x 4.54609 (liters in 1 gallon) = 6.2481 USD per gallon

Anyone in Northwestern America who wishes to complain about the price of their Gas can now come across here and pay 6 times as much.

Whining ****ers!
I don't have a subay system in my town, or means of public transportation at all. Considering I live 71 miles from the nearest city that does, don't you think I might need gas a BIT more than you?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 06:15   #21
Aryn
Happy

but it is all relative.
and you can't really compare gas prices anyways cause they're in completely different scenarios.
you'd have to factor in cost of living, exchange rates, minimum wage, etc etc.

(but i was right.. it's 89.9 here.. minus 3.5cents a litre if you use your petro points card..)
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 11:35   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
I don't have a subay system in my town, or means of public transportation at all.
Is your town next to some mineral deposits, or other geographical feature which means it has to be there?

Without wishing to go all free market on you, why can't you move? There are externalities that aren't factored into North American gas prices (as far as I'm aware) and it seems that low gas prices merely is an indirect subsidies for unsustainable communities. If your home is inconveniently placed, maybe it shouldn't be there?

And Aryn : Yes, it is all relative but North American wages aren't that much lower (if at all) than European wages. Maybe people could post their "Petrol to Wages" ratio. I could buy about 20,000 litres of petrol with my gross (before tax) annual salary.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 12:25   #23
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
I don't have a subay system in my town, or means of public transportation at all. Considering I live 71 miles from the nearest city that does, don't you think I might need gas a BIT more than you?

I live on an island 23 miles long by 14 miles wide. All the gas has to be imported by tanker. Whether you chose to live somewhere with no public transport, or whether you simply have inefficient local government is of no relevance as to whether your need is greater than mine.

At the moment, it is by default since i havent been driving since January, when i scrapped my car.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 13:45   #24
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
The large variation in prices between countries is because of taxes. The United States does not tax petrol as heavily as does the European countries.

Dante: My petrol to wages number is 110,000 liters/annum.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 13:58   #25
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
On my recent two week holiday to South Africa, we fell over in shock at the price of peterol. The equivalent of about 23p/litre.

And incidentally, a bottle of 75Cl Smirnoff Vodka costs about £2 - £2.50 out there.

Theres not a lot to say but; "Nice".
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:50   #26
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
it's all in the taxes man.

and ofcourse the way of live.

'muscle cars are needed man, we don't need to finetune them to get our american cars efficient'

that's why they suck soo much.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:56   #27
DavinBrahm

DavinBrahm is an unknown quantity at this point
"You'd think americans would stop bitching about high petrol prices"

Why should we pay more for gas, when we can take oil from some backwards country? Or pump it out of Alaska. We will continue to live how we like, the dollar rules all.
DavinBrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 18:12   #28
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by DavinBrahm
"You'd think americans would stop bitching about high petrol prices"

Why should we pay more for gas, when we can take oil from some backwards country? Or pump it out of Alaska. We will continue to live how we like, the dollar rules all.

Your not really davinbrahm and trolling is against the rules.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 18:15   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
Your not really davinbrahm and trolling is against the rules.
Do I get to ban him, Boss?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 18:16   #30
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
let me. lets see what his next reply is.. then ill use my 'almighty dollars*' to do the work.

*dollars = fingers.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 18:20   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
All I have to do is press Yes.

It's nice and purple.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 18:24   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy
On my recent two week holiday to South Africa, we fell over in shock at the price of peterol. The equivalent of about 23p/litre.
Yeah, although the wages in SA are pretty low by comparison.

The food was the most cool thing though, three course meal for £6-£10 first time I went. Now it's a bit more expensive though. I blame Nod and other gold fetishists for pushing up gold prices and thus the Rand.

p.s. Where abouts did you go?
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 22:19   #33
DavinBrahm

"Your not really davinbrahm and trolling is against the rules."

Interesting reply. Often the first recourse of a feeble mind is to attempt to threaten someone with power they feel is superior. On the other hand, a truely great individual will use power they know is superior and bend it to their will. Beleive what you like, and beleive me, nothing would satisfy me more than being banned. It would prove once again that the liberal mind is indeed inadequate, and incapable of defending itself when confronted with true opposition. The liberal mentality is a group mentality. With out your little liberal friends you are week and stupid. You are powerless.

Do it.

Do it now. Make me right. Do it.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 22:23   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
The liberal mentality is a group mentality.
communist!
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 22:23   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The liberals and the liberal media are much more individualistic than the right.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 22:24   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
communist!
REPUBLICAN
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 22:57   #37
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
"Your not really davinbrahm and trolling is against the rules."

Interesting reply. Often the first recourse of a feeble mind is to attempt to threaten someone with power they feel is superior. On the other hand, a truely great individual will use power they know is superior and bend it to their will. Beleive what you like, and beleive me, nothing would satisfy me more than being banned. It would prove once again that the liberal mind is indeed inadequate, and incapable of defending itself when confronted with true opposition. The liberal mentality is a group mentality. With out your little liberal friends you are week and stupid. You are powerless.

Do it.

Do it now. Make me right. Do it.

Reverse psychology is a wonderful thing.

However let me address the points youve made and them exert my will (Which i rarely rarely do).

If one thing can be gained from Roussau its that a well governed state has no need to exert its policing authority continually. Well governed states have low crime rates etc. Now seeing as your the first person ive personally banned in around 3 months this would seem to suggest that the boards, for all intense and purposes run along quite smoothly most of the time and are to a certain extent well governed with good rules that make sense.

Secondly,
You cannot spell believe (this is basic english...[i before e except after c])

Thirdly,
My recourse to banning is not because i am trying to feebly defend my views on this subject. Infact i havnt even stated them. However comments such as 'we do as we like' and 'the dollar rules all' is only made to create a 'lets hate america' arguement. Now while you may enjoy such an arguement, I am the one who has to clean up the political fallout as a result of such 'country vs country' discussions when i get complaints from users that racism and bigotry is allowed to stand on these forums in clear breach of the rules.

Fourthly,

Your comments, while you may feel are representative of a 'clear minded individual', are clearly not. They are extreme and extreme right or left wing views are usually held by madmen or those who are misinformed and misled.
Most individuals stray close to centre right, or centre left.

Do you enjoy being grouped together with people like Stalin, Hitler, Osama Bin Ladin etc etc???
Regardless of being liberal or unliberal you sit on the extremities of political view and are therefore irrelevant to most conversational topics. Your extreme 'pro administration' stand point and 'we can do whatever we want due to our military' are fine and dandy and i do not begin to try and change them. However these same views are held by large portions of poor rednecks who own shotguns and kill rabbits every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings for sport.

I await your reply.

JJ
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:04   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
If one thing can be gained from Roussau its that a well governed state has no need to exert its policing authority continually. Well governed states have low crime rates etc. Now seeing as your the first person ive personally banned in around 3 months this would seem to suggest that the boards, for all intense and purposes run along quite smoothly most of the time and are to a certain extent well governed with good rules that make sense.
Bad comparison.

How many people did Stalin personally kill?

The police on this board are the moderators, and if it is as well governed and fun loving and free as you suggest, then there should be no need for us; instead, we delete and close many threads, and more than just DB here will have been banned in three months; just not by you.

In addition, a state is largely self contained; social forces, although partially international, are dependent largely on the decisions of the government; you can assume, say, that your average middle class Joe in Milton Keynes will have similar feelings to one in Birmingham or the like, at least on how well the government's doing.

However, the people on this board come from varying backgrounds, with varying social systems behind them.

Can you honestly say you believe that a person's life is so fully dictated by life on this board (insert 'nodrog' as appropriate) that a norwegian feels the same sort of way as an australian?
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:06   #39
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Is your town next to some mineral deposits, or other geographical feature which means it has to be there?
I would assume so. Are towns sited randomly in your country?
Quote:
Without wishing to go all free market on you, why can't you move? There are externalities that aren't factored into North American gas prices (as far as I'm aware) and it seems that low gas prices merely is an indirect subsidies for unsustainable communities.
Hehe, I think you have that backwards. In the US, gasoline taxes go to subsidize unprofitable mass transit systems. It is the so-called "unsustainable communities" that are subsidizing the large cities and the 19th-century transportation systems that urban planners love.
Quote:
If your home is inconveniently placed, maybe it shouldn't be there?
Inconvenient for whom? Maybe it would be convenient for someone else?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:16   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
I would assume so. Are towns sited randomly in your country?
Most towns and cities are in places which were historically convenient. Lots of places near rivers, or coal deposits and the like. The Thames was massively useful for a long period, but now we don't really bother using it for cargo transportation (well, not as much as previously) since tankers are much too large for the relatively narrow river.

Similarly, other towns and cities in the UK are near exhausted or unprofitable coal deposits, etc. I'm not advocating moving every city/town in the world, but it might just be that the economics don't square in some cases.

And don't get me wrong, on a strict fiscal level petrol (sorry, gasoline) taxes always subsidise mass transit systems. The argument is whether the current price of petrol (or oil in general) accurately reflects the externalities (pollution, arguably military spending, etc).

One of the excuses the government uses for high tobacco taxes in the UK is that smokers consume a disproportionate level of NHS spending. Obviously you don't have to worry about such "socialist" healthcare, but unless we're going to mount a class action suit against SUV drivers, there obviously has to be some sort of balance sheet.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:17   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Regardless of being liberal or unliberal you sit on the extremities of political view and are therefore irrelevant to most conversational topics.
"If an uncompromising stand is to be smeared as 'extremism,' then that smear is directed at any devotion to values, any loyalty to principles, any profound conviction, any consistency, any steadfastness, any passion, any dedication to an unbreached, inviolate truth - any man of integrity."

:eek:
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:19   #42
JammyJim
Godfather

uncompromising is not extreme. i agree.

However

If he held values that were not so radical like his current views (i.e. Lets go bomb some third world country when our gas prices rise) than id have no problem...
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:24   #43
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough
It costs $1.889 here.

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:31   #44
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
1. The only people this new DavinBrahm appears to have "trolled" are trigger happy mods.
2. Rousseau is ****. Lao Tzu said that millenia ago.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:37   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
2. Rousseau is ****.
nodrogian
Quote:
Lao Tzu said that millenia ago.
What is with you kids and your spiritualist stuff?
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:41   #46
queball
Ball

Quote:
nodrogian
Is that supposed to be an insult? Communist.
Quote:
What is with you kids and your spiritualist stuff?
Reacting against the materialism of the eighties, man.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:56   #47
DavinBrahm

"Now seeing as your the first person ive personally banned in around 3 months this would seem to suggest that the boards, for all intense and purposes run along quite smoothly most of the time and are to a certain extent well governed with good rules that make sense."

Well at least I've gone from being some poor pretender, and recognized as the genuine artical. Your theory is poorly thought out. This reason I was banned was becuase there was no way to refute my arguments. You can not out-reason someone with moral authority. So you resorted to the typical path of the weak-minded liberal and chose to ignore what you could not contemplate. The reason your boards ran well was becuase they are bastion of the values you have accepted as your own. The week-minded have collected here to speak of trivialities like SOCCER and how the big bad Americans shouldn't drive SUVs.

I would belive your argument that you wish to run a productive and unpolitical forum if you had chosen to reply to my french thread. Instead you attack me in a thread I did not start and tell me I am trolling. I'm sorry, my dear godchild, I did not troll. I mearly took the trolls bait. In the process I pulled the troller into the water, killed him, his friends, and sank his boat. By interjecting clear fact and argument into a clear anti-american thread I have destroyed his point and his argument.

What is excessive? What is fanatical? Those terms are subjective. To my people I am moderate. The fact is that you have closed yourself off from reality, and are embracing idealism. You don't see the world as it is, but as you think it should be. You have lost touch. The fact is a storm is coming. The fraudulance of the so called "free-thinker" is being exposed. Their hypocrisy is unparalled and judgement is coming. The fools that preach communism and equity for all people will be run under. We have seen that while all men were born equal, they do not remain equal. There are those that deserve to live, and they will do so at the expense of those who do not.

Fanatical? Maybe. But not for long.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 00:02   #48
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
The week-minded
Is this some kind of attention span point, because I'm really not getting it...

[edit]p.s. unamerican

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness[/edit]
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 00:34   #49
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
In moral terms there is not reason to pay higher petrol prices per se, but there are good moral reasons not to nick it from the weak (eg, it is a violation of those principles required to live together in peace, it ignores the principle of mediocrity, etc.).

In economic and geopolitical terms its stupid, but your politicians don't care because they won't be in power when the house of cards collapses, and they won't be the first buried under the rubble. rational beings ought to be able to do better than blind nature.

You are accused of trolling because of (i) your broad, confrontational and unsubstantiated statements designed to provoke, and (ii) it's bleedin' obvious.
Just ban the bloody thing, improved rhetoric or no. this isn't a democracy, and he's damaging the community not aiding it.

Now, where's my ignore button?
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 05:50   #50
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Exclamation

Quote:
Most towns and cities are in places which were historically convenient. Lots of places near rivers, or coal deposits and the like. The Thames was massively useful for a long period, but now we don't really bother using it for cargo transportation (well, not as much as previously) since tankers are much too large for the relatively narrow river.

Similarly, other towns and cities in the UK are near exhausted or unprofitable coal deposits, etc. I'm not advocating moving every city/town in the world, but it might just be that the economics don't square in some cases.
Well we have a number of "ghost towns" in the US where some mineral played out and the town couldn't sustain itself, but they are rare. Generally, given sufficient time, most towns will diversify and develop secondary and tertiary industries. They will grow and shrink with the local economy, but they rarely die. Every town has some of the most valuable natural resource on the planet--people.
Quote:
And don't get me wrong, on a strict fiscal level petrol (sorry, gasoline) taxes always subsidise mass transit systems. The argument is whether the current price of petrol (or oil in general) accurately reflects the externalities (pollution, arguably military spending, etc).
I don't have much sympathy for that argument when those taxes are used to fund urban areas/mass transit which have their own externalities. Many people don't want to live in large, overcrowded cities with all their myriad problems, and (relatively) inexpensive fuel gives many of them the option not to.
Quote:
One of the excuses the government uses for high tobacco taxes in the UK is that smokers consume a disproportionate level of NHS spending.
Oh our government does that too, but substituting "Medicare" or the ubiquitous "public health" for NHS. But in all cases it's our money they're really interested in, not our health.
Quote:
Obviously you don't have to worry about such "socialist" healthcare, but unless we're going to mount a class action suit against SUV drivers, there obviously has to be some sort of balance sheet.
Well I don't see much balance here. Just the big cities throwing their political weight around to keep their citizenry from escaping (and to extort some taxes from those who've already managed it). :/