User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:40   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
my province is burning :(

fires

people are so stupid this time of year too.. there's a campfire ban on because it's so hot and dry.. yet on friday when my dad was at work he passed some people who had a campfire in the afternoon! he stopped and told them to put it out because of hte campfire ban and they told him to piss off. he radio'd his boss who then called the fire department to go put it out.

i feel sad for those people who've lost their homes
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 17:48   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Your dad's a real here.

And don't whinge.

I bet there's been many more losses in Portugal than there in Canada, hence they are asking for international aid.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 18:04   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
bit of a nightmare there aryn
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 18:38   #4
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
for some reason i thought you were on the east coast of canada. But anyway
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 18:40   #5
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
I hate to admit it (well, not really :p) but the thread title made me think of something else.

:((((
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 18:40   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
I hate to admit it (well, not really :p) but the thread title made me think of something else.

:((((
Syphilis?
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 18:42   #7
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
Syphilis?
Could be. :eek:
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 20:30   #8
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Re: my province is burning :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
fires

people are so stupid this time of year too.. there's a campfire ban on because it's so hot and dry.. yet on friday when my dad was at work he passed some people who had a campfire in the afternoon! he stopped and told them to put it out because of hte campfire ban and they told him to piss off. he radio'd his boss who then called the fire department to go put it out.

i feel sad for those people who've lost their homes
This is something you would expect from americans but canadians shame on you
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 20:39   #9
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Isn't the entire continent of Europe burning too? For the exact same reasons?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 20:48   #10
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
The roof the roof the roof is on fire
We don't need no water let the mother#%^$ burn
Burn mother#^$&#! Burn!
-ROCK MASTER SCOTT 1985
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 20:48   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Isn't the entire continent of Europe burning too? For the exact same reasons?
Because Aryn's dad forgot to tell Europeans to extinguish their camp fires and sit in their caves without fire until it rains?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 20:59   #12
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Because Aryn's dad forgot to tell Europeans to extinguish their camp fires and sit in their caves without fire until it rains?
"Quality"
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 21:11   #13
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
"Quality"
Lucky me, Scandinavian. Now, that's NOWHERE close to Europe.
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 21:17   #14
cnaw
Ancient

Re: Re: my province is burning :(

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
This is something you would expect from americans but canadians shame on you
don't expect things from us americans that should be expected from al Qaeda. ;-)
-Masterplan
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 21:18   #15
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: my province is burning :(

Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
don't expect things from us americans that should be expected from al Qaeda. ;-)
best

headline

ever
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 21:37   #16
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
you know. you can **** right off ok?

now then i appologize for my 'ignorance' but i honestly hadn't heard anything about fires elsewhere. perhaps it's cause i don't watch the news. or read it (except for local stuff).
i searched for the link i posted on the internet and it didn't mention the fires elsewhere (or i didn't look hard enough). i also hadn't seen the other post (by cicada??) until after i posted this one.
sue me :\
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 21:41   #17
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Re: Re: my province is burning :(

Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
Heh. I wonder if they know about the Japanese Balloon Bombs of WW2?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 02:02   #18
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
you just need to impose rules and not leave stuff that dries and burns lying around.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 02:23   #19
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
you just need to impose rules and not leave stuff that dries and burns lying around.
You mean like trees and other plants?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 02:28   #20
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
you mean like sticks and pine needles?

If you're volunteering to rake a 3 million square acre plot of land, then be my guest.

Forests are more than the campsite. Lightning is still the leading cause of forest fires.

What you need to do is have more controlled burns, but that is a dangerous game to play, no matter how necessary it is. The Los Alamos Fire of 97' (cnaw correct me if I'm wrong) is a testament to that.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 02:35   #21
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
This made me lolzeroffle, keep it up and you'll be talking down suicidal twats in no time
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 04:18   #22
cnaw
Ancient

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
you mean like sticks and pine needles?

If you're volunteering to rake a 3 million square acre plot of land, then be my guest.

Forests are more than the campsite. Lightning is still the leading cause of forest fires.

What you need to do is have more controlled burns, but that is a dangerous game to play, no matter how necessary it is. The Los Alamos Fire of 97' (cnaw correct me if I'm wrong) is a testament to that.
It helped that the guy was told that it was a bad day to burn, and all the weather reports said it was a bad day to burn. (a.k.a. the Forest service official was an ignorant cnut) . But yes, it was a "controlled" burn that got out of hand.

edit:
"
The "fire boss" -- or onsite supervisor for the burn -- did not have adequate technical and operational experience to plan and conduct the prescribed burn given its true complexity, the report said. But it also cited the failure of the staff to complete the "Go-No Go" checklist that would have helped the fire boss decide whether to start or postpone the burn."

AND

"
Los Alamos National Laboratory warned Bandelier National Monument not to start the prescribed burn that ultimately escaped monument property and destroyed hundreds of homes in Los Alamos before burning thousands of acres of lab property, the lab's fire-management officer said Wednesday.

In addition to the lab's warning, the fire dispatcher for the Santa Fe National Forest has said he also warned Bandelier not to light the fire. "

By the way, if you are ever in New Mexico, Bandelier National Monument is pretty cool park to visit. Of course only 1/16th of the GD members would like it. The other 15/16 members are all agoraphobic i think. ;-)
-Masterplan

Last edited by cnaw; 6 Aug 2003 at 04:55.
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 07:40   #23
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
you know. you can **** right off ok?

now then i appologize for my 'ignorance' but i honestly hadn't heard anything about fires elsewhere. perhaps it's cause i don't watch the news. or read it (except for local stuff).
i searched for the link i posted on the internet and it didn't mention the fires elsewhere (or i didn't look hard enough). i also hadn't seen the other post (by cicada??) until after i posted this one.
sue me :\
So, Chill, and don't let the sarcasm bite you. That was exactly my point. Some took it as a "wanna-be-witty" note to Mirai's and your post, but the point was to notify the ignorance part.

But you shouldn't take it so personally.

Yes, Cicada's post. And yes, the worst fires have been in Portugal, of course it's horrid if one province in Canada burns, but when a huge part of a nation's forests are in fire and the firefighters, even if working round hours, can't really do anything but watch the fire spread and try block the vital parts.
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 07:54   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
Could be. :eek:
i laughed.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 08:13   #25
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Not only was this hilarious, but it was also missing a certain 'usual' quality!