User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jul 2003, 13:58   #1
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Help settle a sad geek agrument

What was the first PC FPS game to use the idea of limited ammo clips?

I (being the wise almighty one) believe it to be System Shock 2.

My companion (being the slightly odd looking fellow with obvious mental problems) believes it was Half-life.

So I put it to you 'people' who is right and who is wrong?
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 14:13   #2
plasmas_arms
Banned

ah yes I had forgotten that.

Better we both be wrong than he be right
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 14:58   #3
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
Well Duke Nukem 3D had them on the pistol , and that was way before Half Life.
also a game that is much older than Duke 3D had a rifle that you had to reload. Cant remenber the name of the game though
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 15:01   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

It's probably some baltently obscure game that nobody has ever heard about, and that was made in 1993.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 15:05   #5
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
He's probably just making it up to try and out do me.
I wouldn't waste my time

Edit: There were aliens in the game.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 15:14   #6
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I'll go for Wolfenstein even though I can't even remember whether it had ammo clips in the first place.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 15:19   #7
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
I'll go for Wolfenstein even though I can't even remember whether it had ammo clips in the first place.
it didn't.

in fact, all the guns used the same rounds :/
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 15:20   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

WHO ****ING CARES?!?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 15:42   #9
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Rise of the Triads had limited ammo iirc.

dunno if it is older than duke though.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 15:50   #10
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
A game on my old Atari STE had limited ammo clips (and was an FPS). It was called The Punisher. Great game. Much older than half-life and the likes. About ten years older actually...
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 19:16   #11
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Castle Wolfenstein
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 20:11   #12
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
what do you meam by limited ammo clips?

is it you can put in ammo and it is put in a "reserve" and when you reload it goes into the other chambers

In that case i belive it is quake 2
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 12:22   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
Rise of the Triads had limited ammo iirc.

dunno if it is older than duke though.
it rocked.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 13:42   #14
plasmas_arms
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
I wouldn't waste my time

Edit: There were aliens in the game.

Well **** that rounds it down.

By limited ammo clips was that you couldnt have a shotgun/uzi/whatever fire 200 rounds with out pausing to reload,switch clips then continue with the death dealing fun and games.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 13:44   #15
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
I believe that it means you cannot have an infinite number of reloads of your gun (e.g. you have 30 rounds in one magazine and have only 4 magazines as opposed to having an infinite number of magazines).
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 13:47   #16
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
what the **** do you mean by "limited ammo clip" ? CLARIFY!
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 14:17   #17
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
what the **** do you mean by "limited ammo clip" ? CLARIFY!
most old games had unlimited ammo so you could shoot an unlimited amount of bullets (not cum). an limited ammo clip means that the ammo is well.... limited so you can only shoot so many times before reloading and getting more ammo

or at least, so one would assume, based on a knowledge of basic English.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 14:21   #18
plasmas_arms
Banned

Quote:

Or possibly on the explanation I posted 5 minutes prior to him asking...
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 17:49   #19
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
errr i know that game...you could get it on megadrive or something similar...errr called...total something...the flamethrower was the best weapon in that game...killing the spider type creatures with it...
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 22:31   #20
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What about Doom?
You were able to run out of ammo, although you didn't have to reload between magazines.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 22:40   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
errr i know that game...you could get it on megadrive or something similar...errr called...total something...the flamethrower was the best weapon in that game...killing the spider type creatures with it...
are you on about zero tolerance?
as i think you had to reload, etc on that, and it sounds like that game :/
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 23:15   #22
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
most old games had unlimited ammo so you could shoot an unlimited amount of bullets (not cum). an limited ammo clip means that the ammo is well.... limited so you can only shoot so many times before reloading and getting more ammo

you have limited ammo in a clip ? or no clips and limited ammo ? or unlimited ammo but you need to reload a clip ? or unlimited ammo and you never need to worry about clips ?
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 23:20   #23
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Nonentity
What about Doom?
You were able to run out of ammo, although you didn't have to reload between magazines.
I think the question refers to game in which you have to reload before you run out of ammo.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 23:30   #24
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't actually remember such a game.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 03:00   #25
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Doom 1 most likely.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 04:29   #26
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Doom 1 most likely.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 04:48   #27
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Doom 1 most likely.

no.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 05:08   #28
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
so you're playing Perfect Dark on your N64. You pull out your K7 Avenger complete with 400 rounds. You start dealing death in all directions until, uh oh, you've fired 25 rounds and your clip is empty. You stop shooting, press the reload button, the old clip comes out and the new one is put in, and you start shooting again with 375 total rounds left, and a new clip of 25 in your weapon.

thats what he means.

no idea which game did it first though.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:12   #29
Tuhan
Enjoying life ...

Tuhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by inf
Castle Wolfenstein
R4: 152:6:24 General Arclight of Carida [Tokra]
R5: 23:12:24 Tuhan of Syurga [ACID] - Sinners of Society
R6: 22:10:1 Chairman of I.O. Group of Companies [ACID][Olympus] - Draco Domiens
R7: 30:24:2 Director of Genting Highlands [VtS] - Kriminally Insane
R8 - R9: [Retired][Real Life]
R9.5: 34:3:15 Tuhan of Syurga [BoredOfRL][Fun] - Hidden Paradise
Tuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:16   #30
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
are you on about zero tolerance?
as i think you had to reload, etc on that, and it sounds like that game :/
YES!

that game pwned
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:05   #31
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
YES!

that game pwned

i loved that game, i completed it as well \o/ i was sooooooo fking happy when i completed it!
(i cant remember what the end sequence was like now though, dammit )