User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:10   #1
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Regional DVD encoding

Is there any way to get around it?

I want to buy 28 days later (from an overseas source), but it's encoded in Region 2, and I have a Region 1 DVD player..

I know I could download it, flavius, but I'd rather buy it.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:14   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Regional DVD encoding

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai

I want to buy 28 days later (from an overseas source), but it's encoded in Region 2, and I have a Region 1 DVD player..

yes

there is

i'm unsure whether there are rules on discussing multi region firmware patches for dvd players so i'll let you google your dvd player model instead
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:16   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
As far as I know, it's allowed by UK law.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:17   #4
Eddie
Slacker

Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Most players will have a remote hack that will unlock all regions. A remote hack is generally the better option as you can set it back again, unlike a chip where you'll generally lose your warranty, if you have one.

Just look up your player make and model on http://www.vcdhelp.com

It's not illegal, so there shouldn't be any problem with it on here.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:18   #5
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Regional DVD encoding

Quote:

im sure ur dvd player has a remote hack to enable you to make it region free.
what make of dvd player have u got.
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:20   #6
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
As far as I know, it's allowed by UK law.
Lucky he's not UKian then.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:22   #7
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius

hacks and such are illegal, thus u should close this thread asap!
they're not
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:23   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Lucky he's not UKian then.
However, these forums and their parent company are based in the UK.
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:24   #9
Eddie
Slacker

Quote:
dont dvd's allow u to change zones like 5 times or so ?
PC drives generally do, yes. Standalone players can be switched or completely unlocked at your leisure though.
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:24   #10
Ragnarak

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/m...n/hackable.asp

search your model number there to see if you can hack it
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:29   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
then why are they called 'hacks'
I believe that UK law states that the product has to fulfil the purpose it was bought for, which is why CDs that won't play on computers aren't strictly legal. You're trying to play a DVD on a DVD player; it's similar to it being ok to crack games if you own them.
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:29   #12
Ragnarak

Quote:
then why are they called 'hacks'
vbulletin modifications are called hacks too

hacking is

cracking is
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 23:58   #13
Mirai

Re: Re: Regional DVD encoding

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
im sure ur dvd player has a remote hack to enable you to make it region free.
what make of dvd player have u got.
RCA RC5920P

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 00:08   #14
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: Re: Regional DVD encoding

Quote:
RCA RC5920P
dont seem to be any hacks for it.
Go and get a better dvd player one that is multi region
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 00:19   #15
Mirai

Re: Re: Re: Re: Regional DVD encoding

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
dont seem to be any hacks for it.
Go and get a better dvd player one that is multi region
Dammit

btw that dvd player is the best RCA playet you can buy atm.

Unread 6 Jul 2003, 00:21   #16
Eddie
Slacker

Theres one for RCA RC5910P on vcdhelp.com which I assume is the previous model. Might be worth a shot.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 00:24   #17
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Theres one for RCA RC5910P on vcdhelp.com which I assume is the previous model. Might be worth a shot.

url?

Unread 6 Jul 2003, 00:26   #18
Eddie
Slacker

Quote:
url?
Can people do nothing for themselves these days? :/

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=RCA+RC5910P