User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:52   #1
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
How fast is your car?

(Of course if you have a faster one than me, I wont believe you on a general priciple.... )

1992 Maserati 4.24v (modeltype IIa)

0-100 kph (0-62 mph): 5.9s (factory) 5.7s (measured)
Top speed: "over 240" (factory) 253 (measured)
Power output: 245 bhp (265 without cat)

Note that the car isnt modified in any way, it is completely standard except that I've replaced part of the fuel system with a stainless steel set of connectors (this particular type was a tad prone to engine fires you see :/ )

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:53   #2
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
70mph
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:54   #3
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
My car is invisible and travels at the speed of thought.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:55   #4
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
More people should be like you, then I'd have some bloody space on the road.

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:57   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I've done about 100mph before, too gutless to go any higher.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 12:06   #6
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Isn't this like comparing knobs?
Mine is 12"
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 12:11   #7
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Isn't this like comparing knobs?
Mine is 12"
yes it is, but mine is really small so I prefer comparing cars.

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 13:06   #8
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
I've added wings to my car and now it flies
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 13:12   #9
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point
dont have one, one i am going to get goes 130 MPH top speed apparently

i might have to test that, and as always remember to slow down at port talbot :ninja:
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 13:32   #10
DaWoodster
Registered abUser

DaWoodster is an unknown quantity at this point
Koenigsegg CC
It has a supercharged Ford V8 which generates 650 bhp
0-60mph in 3 seconds, top speed 245mph.
DaWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 13:38   #11
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Ferrari Testarossa. I don't care how fast it goes, it's a FERRARI TESTAROSSA.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 13:40   #12
Anu
Kontrč*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
Volvo 360 -84

0-100 13 s. (measured)
Top speed 160 (measured)

But it's ****ing stable!
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 14:38   #13
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by DaWoodster
Koenigsegg CC
It has a supercharged Ford V8 which generates 650 bhp
0-60mph in 3 seconds, top speed 245mph.
I've actually been inside that (not driven it though).

Prefer the Spyker C8 tbh (I would, I'm dutch)

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 14:39   #14
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by Anu
Volvo 360 -84

0-100 13 s. (measured)
Top speed 160 (measured)

But it's ****ing stable!
My 2nd car is a Volvo

Volvo =

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 17:00   #15
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Car at home :

1.0L VW Polo (2000)
Power output : 50bhp
0-60 (factory) : 18.4 seconds.
0-60 (measured) : 12.3 seconds (hurray for my ace clutch and rev controls heh---oh and optimax fuel)

Top Speed (factory) : 94
Top Speed (measured) : 105

Car in states :

3.5 Litre V6 DOHC Chrysler LHS (2000)
Power Output : 250 BHP
0-60(factory) 7.5 seconds
0-60(measured) 6.7 seconds

Top speed : Tbh ive got it upto 115 and theres a fk load left in the engine even then. the speed dial only goes to 120 so id need 'measuring' equipment to ever get a true reading. Lets just say around 150 ish.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 18:28   #16
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
MG F 1.8 VVC.
However fast that is.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:01   #17
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Calling NB3 to thread #168396!!!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:08   #18
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
CAR I DRIVE
FORD fiesta 53 hp
the fastest i ever went on that was like 120km/h =)
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:16   #19
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
A car is the only thing the average GD'er ever gets to ride.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:25   #20
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont have a car but my measurements are

0-60: never

top speed: 16 mph
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 20:03   #21
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
i will ask my busdriver.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 21:28   #22
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Costa
dont have one, one i am going to get goes 130 MPH top speed apparently

i might have to test that, and as always remember to slow down at port talbot :ninja:

Just go past Swansea and swing round at Pont Abraham and go back again, just to check it does do 130. There's a costa's on the roundabout too.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 21:38   #23
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

km/h that is, unfortunatly
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 23:07   #24
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I fly more than I drive these days, so I'll just use this;

Boeing 777

Engines: 2 * 436kN Pratt & Whitney PW4098 Turbofans (98,100 lb) thrust
Max. Operating Speed 0.84 Mach (factory)
Max Operating Speed 554mph (Measured with GPS out the window)

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 23:30   #25
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Pffft a 777

How pathetic. I only fly 747's deary.
I even have a silver flying club card to prove my invaluablnes to supporting the airline industry.

SPECIFICATIONS

Manufacturer Boeing
First Flight: February 9, 1969
Wingspan: 195 feet, 8 inches
Length: 231 feet, 4 inches
Height: 63 feet, 6 inches
Weight: 358,000 pounds (empty)
Top Speed: 604 mph
Cruising Speed: 566 mph
Flight Altitude: 45,000 feet
Range: 6,000 miles
Engines: Four engines 43,000-pound-thrust Pratt & Whitney J
Passenger
Accommodations: 33 crew, 374 - 490 passengers
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 23:34   #26
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I got upgraded to Business Class, on the 747 Upper Deck from London to Toronto when I switched flights, plus £150 in cash, then did the same and got another upgrade on United from Toronto to Anchorage and a free return ticket anywhere in the US.

Don't get uppity with me, sonny-jammy-jim.

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 23:39   #27
JammyJim
Godfather

uppity?

we flew here premium and will be flying back the same. extra seat pitch etc.
however we were upgraded to upper class last time for free due to overbooking. (what a terrible shame). 6 foot of legroom is rather nice...oh and the seat turned into a bed..

I should now have enough miles to get a free return ticket to any East Coast US destination.
or a free upgrade.

surely with your flying escapades you have amasses enough miles now to fly round the world ??
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 23:45   #28
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Yeah, but being given free tickets and cash is > air miles, which get dull after a while.

But yes, I don't plan on having to buy many tickets anywhere anytime soon.

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 00:42   #29
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
i have a free ticket to Rome september 16-18.
and Casablanca september 17-19.

think i'll chose Rome. flying is annoying btw, no matter if you fly business class in a boeing 747 or something else.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 03:01   #30
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
VW GOlf mark III
non modded in any way.
9 years old.
1.4 injection
130mph on the m6.
which by the way is downhill.

non of this modded super heavy enginge cack.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 03:06   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JBOY
VW GOlf mark III
non modded in any way.
9 years old.
1.4 injection
130mph on the m6.
which by the way is downhill.

non of this modded super heavy enginge cack.

I can see jboy driving along in his automobile complaining about the state of the roads and the idiots they let onto them heh.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 03:34   #32
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

CLOSE ROAD. BAN DRIVER. DELETE CAR.

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 04:14   #33
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
You should come visit me sometime. We'll race.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 08:08   #34
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I can see jboy driving along in his automobile complaining about the state of the roads and the idiots they let onto them heh.
oi

actually, quite right, minor road rage incidents all over the shop.

tho i myself drive safely, an don't break the speed limit unless its a dual carriageway or motorway.