User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:37   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Help! I got good news and I got bad news..

The good news is I got a new very well paid job job starting Monday doing CGI for a film studio.

Bad news is I told them I know Maya. I dont really know Maya.

I need you lot to give me a quick crash course in using this software, please.

Thanks.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:41   #2
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
There is no crash course in Maya, you silly fool.

It's immensely.. well, immense. Far too immense to learn in 5 days.

They'll see through you like a big see-through thing, no matter how well-animated your spinning cubes are.
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:43   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
get urself down to waterstones tm morning and pray u can read very fast

enough to blag it for a week at least

but i'd say ur ****ed as it's a hugh subject
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:44   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
hohoho

/me laughs at the big see-through fraudster who lied at his job interview
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:50   #5
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Damn, it just got worse. I found out that Maya didnt load up when I installed Windows. I checked the disk and cant find it on there - it must be a dodgy copy. Can someone send it over to me on email ASAP? I'm using Windows 98.

[email protected]

Thanks
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:50   #6
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
pmsl

omfg

lollyrofflerawkfap
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:51   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by Demon Dave
hohoho

/me laughs at the big see-through fraudster who lied at his job interview
It was a minor distortion of the truth. I knew i could learn it.
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:57   #8
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Maya has a learning curve about the size of Everest.

Generally you have to go to school for 2 years to learn the basics. Anything past that is just practice.

If you don't have any talent in art, then you're ****ed royally.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:57   #9
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
It was a minor distortion of the truth.
ahhh one of those eh?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:58   #10
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
it will be amusing to see how this plays out.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 23:59   #11
sayonara
Shai Halud

Incidentally Crash, in case you were wondering, the reason this job is so well paid is because Maya artists are some of the hardest working, skilled, talented and experienced professionals in the film industry.

Good luck for monday!
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 00:03   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
It was a minor distortion of the truth. I knew i could learn it.

I know I could learn boolean algebra. HOWEVER I DON'T GO AROUND TELLING PEOPLE I ACTUALLY CAN DO IT.
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 00:09   #13
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
This thread fuels desperation

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 00:11   #14
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Actually, you guys have just helped me pass my crash course to become a defence lawyer.

I lied

Thanks, maybe I'll represent you someday.

Seriously though, I am thinking about taking a course in Maya. I want a career change and I always wanted to do this sort of thing at school. There was an article in the paper today saying how there is a shortage of people who do this sort of thing and and abundance of animation houses in the UK who produce quality visual effects. After reading it I knew I could do it.
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 00:11   #15
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by Hudre
This thread fuels desperation
I'd like to think I've done my bit to help
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 00:13   #16
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
the bad news is you're a LOSER
Your dad says your mom aint your mom!
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 00:20   #17
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
yeah well your moms here right now....
When did they let her out? Is she still dribbling?
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 00:25   #18
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Damn, it just got worse. I found out that Maya didnt load up when I installed Windows. I checked the disk and cant find it on there - it must be a dodgy copy. Can someone send it over to me on email ASAP? I'm using Windows 98.

[email protected]

Thanks
BHAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Maya is a 2 GB program.

have fun

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote