User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jul 2003, 00:48   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
What color is the Internet?

This is another one of those moronic question that one encounters from time to time.

Still I'd say it has a shade of grayness to it.

Matrim
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 00:50   #2
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
From what I have seen I would say most of it is pink. Those who think it is brown have issues....
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 01:55   #3
Hunter RAF

Hunter RAF is an unknown quantity at this point
Colour.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 02:02   #4
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Hunter RAF
Colour.
I hope you realize that you are indeed wrong.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 02:10   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
I hope you realize that you are indeed wrong.
He's only wrong if you're using 16th century english.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 02:18   #6
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
He's only wrong if you're using 16th century english.
Or if matrim is using American-English.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 02:28   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Or if matrim is using American-English.
Isn't that what I said?
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 02:32   #8
Embroglio

Quote:
Isn't that what I said?
I abject.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 02:51   #9
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I've never seen color pronounced with a u. Ever. Even from people from Canada or the UK. You just spell it wrong.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 02:54   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
I've never seen color pronounced with a u. Ever. Even from people from Canada or the UK. You just spell it wrong.
Colour has a soft dipthong/r sound.

And it's our language. We can spell it how we like.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 02:59   #11
Embroglio

Quote:
I've never seen color pronounced with a u. Ever. Even from people from Canada or the UK.
u r rong
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 03:04   #12
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
There is a great norwegian graffiti artist that writes color. Somebody else writes kolor.
They're both really good!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 03:53   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
And it's our language. We can spell it how we like.
You would do well to extend that courtesy to others.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 03:56   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
You would do well to extend that courtesy to others.
If you would pay attention to the thread, I only commented on Embroglio calling RAF Hunter wrong.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 04:00   #15
Embroglio

Quote:
If you would pay attention to the thread, I only commented on Embroglio calling RAF Hunter wrong.
And I still abject.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 04:55   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Return to thy rock heathen!

Actually, Aussies (being the Queen's be-atches) have always spelled it as colour as well.

On the other issue, I'd say it is a very distinct white.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 04:58   #17
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i spell it colour
you're just not paying attention
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 10:05   #18
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Your debate is kind of interesting, considering that as I wrote the topic, I contemplated on whether to use the English-English or American-English way of writing the word.

It's always bothered me because I have yet to take a stand on which version I prefer.

Henceforth I shall try to stick to colour, because when I look back and forth beteween the two words, there is a kind of rightness to colour.

COLOUR!!!!!!!!!!

Matrim
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 11:07   #19
Dreadnought

Quote:
And I still abject.
Object
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 12:19   #20
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
And I still abject.

you can't abject, it means an entirely different thing!
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 12:21   #21
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Pink

Matrim

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 12:40   #22
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
the internet has no 'colour' property

color on the other hand...
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 14:13   #23
Embroglio

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
Object
Duck Soup, trial scene. **** off, thanks.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 14:30   #24
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I imagine the Internet as viewed from a large number of your PC's would be a sort of crusty pasty-white colour and a rather unpleasant musky odour.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 15:10   #25
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
Object
Dreadnaught
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 17:20   #26
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Its Octarine,

like the colour of magic. By the way theres an I in AluminIum.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 20:09   #27
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by CjC
Its Octarine,

like the colour of magic. By the way theres an I in AluminIum.
Troubel is, Americans pronounce it 'Aloominum' which is where the problem starts.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 10:51   #28
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say it's black.
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 10:55   #29
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
All the 1's are white, all the 0's are black. Duh.
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 17:42   #30
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
hmm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3107455.stm
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 18:11   #31
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongdage
Dreadnaught
Dreadnought - a British battleship of an eponymous class completed 1906-1907.
n: has big guns all of the same calibre

Dreadnaught - a fearless person, hence a garment made of very thick cloth, that can defend against storm and cold; also, the cloth itself; fearnaught.

As far as "color" goes, the American word is the one that is not pronounced correctly. If it were, it would be spoken as "Cole Oar".
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 18:58   #32
Lord Talon

Lord Talon is an unknown quantity at this point
/me keeps waiting for the "Blind Guy" gimmick account to offer his opinion
Lord Talon is offline   Reply With Quote