User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Jul 2003, 14:18   #1
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
your most memorable video game moment?

Mines fallout 2: when I realised that yes I COULD plant dynamite on everyone in town and rigged them to blow over a period of 2 minutes.
Fireworks are fun

yes I am that bored.
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 14:20   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
syndicate, colorado, and a flamethrower.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 14:25   #3
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
muahahahaha.

Burn little people burrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

i think I'll dig out syndicate wars when I go home it has flame throwers and RAZOR wire....run screaming from the mad man with the flamthrower but dont lose your head :>
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 14:33   #4
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Ahhhh syndicate! Yes that was an fantastic game. Loved the guaze gun. Actually what i really enjoyed was using that mind control weapon thing on civilians and police and enemy syndicate members, killing people with guns and telling the citizens i converted to pick the guns up, then going on a rampage through the city. I once ended a game with 107 people on my group (which began as 4 people). Fun stuff.

If anybody can find somewhere I can download this game please show me the link! It would be much appreciated!
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 15:30   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Finding the green fur in Hero's Quest after weeks of searching
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 15:48   #6
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Destroying my first Death Star in the original arcade Star Wars game.

'USE THE FORCE, LUKE !'

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 16:04   #7
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HAL-9000
Ahhhh syndicate! Yes that was an fantastic game. Loved the guaze gun. Actually what i really enjoyed was using that mind control weapon thing on civilians and police and enemy syndicate members, killing people with guns and telling the citizens i converted to pick the guns up, then going on a rampage through the city. I once ended a game with 107 people on my group (which began as 4 people). Fun stuff.

If anybody can find somewhere I can download this game please show me the link! It would be much appreciated!
It's probably classed as abandonware now (isn't it like 10 years old?). Try googling syndicate and abandonware.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 16:08   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I downloaded Syndicate about a year ago from somewhere, so it's out there.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 16:09   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
GP2 (yeh, teh formula one game) + mspaint + invulnerability + driving in the opposite direction...

Pink cars crashing and flying all over the place

GP2 was the first real game I had.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 18:25   #10
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 multiplayer with a friend of mine in his room many, many years ago.

Our plan was to kill the computer on this huge map as allies. Though after a while, when he felt strong, he decided to turn on me. Even though he was pretty skilled and felt confident on victory, I demolished him.

Being full of pity, I welcomed him back on the team. A while later, nearing the end of the game, he comes across a huge army in a castle nobody had discovered. Laughing, he charges for my main stronghold, very, very confident on victory. Me, slightly bitter, also believing I have no chance, set my mind on fighting till the last skeleton. Turns out I kick his behind again, thoroughly, shocking us both.

The feeling of superiority rushing through my veins as I understood, and the look on his face as he realized that he was going to lose remains unparalleled.

Matrim
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 18:30   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Finishing Duke Nukem 3D and watching as he fulfills the promise he makes at the start of the final battle.

GP with wrong way and invulnerability was also good though.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 18:31   #12
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Aeris dying in FF7

i cried for weeks*

*not true
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 19:07   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Paris Cathedral in Deus Ex.

No idea why though.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 23:55   #14
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
don't know if anyone'll know it, but just before the main final bit of skies of arcadia on the dreamcast where everyone you've met over the 70+ hours of the game comes together
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 00:03   #15
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Perfect dark: When i srealised i could drive my 'slayer missile' anywhere(thus owning \0/)

When Perfect Dark\Zelda OoT arrived in the shops and i finally got em \0/

And my prolly greatest one:

Capturing Magmar(sum fking pokemon) after searching for him for countless hours(i catched him on sum earlier saved game, but never found him again ), thus bringing me up to 151 pokemon \0/
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 00:07   #16
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Best gaming moment was when I first tried to fight a goblin in The Immortal (mega drive version not amiga). Those finishing moves owned all (/me has something for the one where you thrust your staff down the goblin chopping in half vertically, then watching it's two seperate pieces peel away from each other MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH)!
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 00:10   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Either completely owning the final battle for the allies in C&C: Red Alert or finishing half-life by playing the last 50% of the game without stopping.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 00:13   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the first time you see a shambler in quake... when you get teleported to a little room and it kills you. NB : its only the first time on medium i think, so if anyone played it on a different skill level the first time round, that wont make any sense to you.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 00:18   #19
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
finishing grim fandango without help...
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 00:33   #20
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
First air rocket in Quake 3, still have it on demo.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 01:35   #21
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by WST
don't know if anyone'll know it, but just before the main final bit of skies of arcadia on the dreamcast where everyone you've met over the 70+ hours of the game comes together
I know it, was surprised by some of them as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 01:44   #22
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Finding everything in FF6, and completing game whit all characters on level 99, all items,(or at least all items it's possible to get while still getting everything else etc, some of the cancels eachother out. That was including the Paladin(?) stuff), all espers, all magic on all persons, and so on. I was a complete FF6 fanatic back in the day.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 01:54   #23
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Half Life - TFC

Playing it online, on a 28.8 Modem.

Knowing exactly where to shoot and at what time so that the intended target explodes from behind a wall.

Ahh, go kicked like 6 times because everyone thought I was cheating there.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 07:06   #24
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Beating a m8 at a very intensive Speedball 2 game by using the wall score lights to overrun him. We where sweating and tossing with those arcade amiga joysticks like if we where having a massive wankfest.

And Maybe Powermonger's intro, very impressive music, perfect athmosphere and then you play that beautiful game... I think I didnt skip the intro a single time, and I played Powermonger loads

oh well another one maybe, first time I loaded up Shadow of the Beast on my fresh Amiga, orgasmic.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 07:09   #25
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
after months of playing on the arcade machine, loading up my imported Streetfighter 2 cartridge on the SNES, me and my brother where completely in heaven for the first days.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:02   #26
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Heh... something that made me laugh very hard yesterday was knocking an opponent from the top seat of a tank (that one with the machinegun) with the tip of my spitfires wing in BF1942.

Of killing four computer opponents at once by flying very low over the ground and then flying further as if nothing happened.

BF1942 > *
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:14   #27
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
First 3 air rocket combo in quakeworld. **** that was cool.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:23   #28
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Heh... something that made me laugh very hard yesterday was knocking an opponent from the top seat of a tank (that one with the machinegun) with the tip of my spitfires wing in BF1942.

Of killing four computer opponents at once by flying very low over the ground and then flying further as if nothing happened.

BF1942 > *

damn ****ing straight. shame im **** at it.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:33   #29
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity

BF1942 > *

bf is quite funny idd (shame i always get thrown onto the **** team in the middle fo the action :| )
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:07   #30
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Bard's Tale for the PC, being confronted by 4 groups of 99 enemies and killing them all with just two Mindblade spells by my sorcerors.

Oh and finding the Crystal Sword for the first time

And ordering some wine in the tavern to the southeast for my bard and so unwittingly opening up a whole new dungeon

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:26   #31
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
I did that!

Actually, my most memorable game moment is from Resident Evil (the original and imo the best). The final showdown with the tyrant on the roof-top helipad. You have to run around avoiding the emotionally disturbed and physically enhanced tyrant (I have no doubt his emotional disturbance came from repeated painful bathroom experiences, I mean, could you hold it with that big claw?) waiting for the guy in the helicopter to drop you a rocket launcher and put the poor guy out of his misery.

I had 8 seconds left, the aformentioned was bearing down on me, the rocket launcher had just touched the asphalt and I dashed over to pick it up. I held in the R1 button to arm weapon, my character (Ms. Valentine) then proceeded to raise her armed weapon and as opposed to doing a good deed for mutantkind she brought up her baretta and in a split second I realised I'd forgotten to switch to my penis-extending rocket launcher. The tyrant sliced at me with his unopposable appendage, killing me, and the building exploded. I sat there for a full two minutes voicing my opinion of myself for such a small but critical oversight, and went back and played it again.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:33   #32
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Can't think of any truely great moments but a couple of decent ones would have been:

Kicking my friend's butt in C&C, from the start of the game I had slowly been manouvering a series of stealth tanks around his construction yard, playing the entire time without letting him discover them or being tempted to use them.. just as he was about to use his usual predictable strategy (involving armies of orcas, mammoth tanks and a few guard towers placed in my base utilising the map bug) I launched a nuclear strike on his construction yard then obliterated his base with the stealth tanks that he had been utterly unaware of.

Another would be his comment 'Pfft! You play Decent with keyboard only? You really should use a joystick I'm going to kick your butt', consequently I obliterated him soon after.

Final example would be getting together with a bunch of friends and a ****load of coins and completing the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' arcade game.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:52   #33
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Conflict Desert Storm (on Gamecube) on the PoW mission in Baghdad with two of my friends. on the 5th attempt of that mission i was getting slightly bored and decided to turn on my friends. after wasting one of them i realised i had run out of ammo and was left with just my trusty combat knife. my friend who was left, and was armed with an mp5, promptly snuffed it when i managed to get behind him and slit his throat
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:25   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Becoming 'Dangerous' in Frontier : Elite 2 on the Amiga.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:34   #35
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Becoming 'Dangerous' in Frontier : Elite 2 on the PC.
I used to play that game for hours and hours and hours.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:37   #36
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
almost finished House of the dead 2 using both player 1 and player 2s pistols at the same time. Topping the high score in France on Jurassic park (the one where you sit in the cabin thing) after my friend pumped around about £30 - £40 in it, and I only used probably a fiver (It was too bloody hot outside so we needed to entertain ourselves some how)

Aeris' death in FF7 made me laugh. and in Red Alert (or is it 2?) where the guy is toasting, and the last drink is "Just for the hell of it".

not really computer game moments as such, but hell it'll do.
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:44   #37
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Finding the Big Bug Fun Club in Jet Force Gemini.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:42   #38
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
thats so typical of you, WUSS
You dont know me, you wouldnt want to know me.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:45   #39
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Becoming 'Dangerous' in Frontier : Elite 2 on the Amiga.
It's a shame that rating was purely attained on tonnes of ship destroyed, meaning that you had to fly to some system more dangerous that Moss Side on a Friday night and pick a fight with everything going just to get a tiny bit further towards the ever elusive Elite.

Still a bloody good game though.

I actually aquired FFE, which is Frontier with a plot and some nifty tools. I recommend it if you've run out of pr0n/tissues.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 00:05   #40
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough
BIG BUG FUN CLUB!!!!

Easily the best music in any rare game.

Oh, and best VG experiance - Killing Gunther Hermann (Deus Ex) with the Crossbow (so he dosent blow up) and nicking the advanced flamethrower \0/
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 12:05   #41
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
maxed out stats (everyone), master summon/magic/command (each), every item imaginable. - FF7

Beating Omega Weapon - FF8

100% complete - FF9

100% complete - Vice City

100% complete - Silent Hill

I have no life

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 13:37   #42
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
completing mario 64.
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 14:25   #43
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
There are so many to name, possibly the overall winner is Final Fantasy 7, and the first encounter with Sepiroth, the spine tingling music, the actual FEAR of the character and how bad ass he was.

Awesome game.
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 21:40   #44
Scorpion-ice

Scorpion-ice is an unknown quantity at this point
Elite 2 - Frontier and Civilisations on the Amiga were my favourite games, but looking at what Half-life 2 can do, I have a feeling that game is gonna own everything, those with a fast enough connection go to www.planethalflife.com/half-life2 and get the 600mb file for it, it'll have you laughing at some of the comments on it and also have u spurting over it. Hell it was that good i watched it alot :P
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 22:24   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by RealJames
I actually aquired FFE, which is Frontier with a plot and some nifty tools. I recommend it if you've run out of pr0n/tissues.
Yeah, I played FFE. Not at the time (I'm not sure the Amiga version came out even in the same year as the PC version) but later when I finally obtained a PC.

My friend (who was also an avid Frontier player) got FFE when it came out though. The plot sections were a nice touch (along with the extra nav computer, etc). But it never recaptured the Frontier feeling since it was obvious that the plot bits were highly limited. Still had hopes though.

A well-made follow up to Elite will be the best game ever. And don't give me your Freelancer/Eve crap either.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 22:45   #46
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
when i got a GOLD medal on assault on kile 2 on rogue squadron, after months of gameplay, i got that medal

anyone who's played that mission will tell you what a bitch it is, and that gold don't come easy
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 22:55   #47
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I just got to level 21 on Ut2003 invasion. I'm happy.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 23:02   #48
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Yeah, I played FFE. Not at the time (I'm not sure the Amiga version came out even in the same year as the PC version) but later when I finally obtained a PC.

My friend (who was also an avid Frontier player) got FFE when it came out though. The plot sections were a nice touch (along with the extra nav computer, etc). But it never recaptured the Frontier feeling since it was obvious that the plot bits were highly limited. Still had hopes though.

A well-made follow up to Elite will be the best game ever. And don't give me your Freelancer/Eve crap either.
To qualify for some 'plot elements' was very difficult, making what was obviously a patch fall a bit flat. The Nav computer was good though, although the way that the new upgrades had no weight because they'd have to reevalulate all of the ship capacities showed that this was more of a cash-in than a real effort at a game.

I'd dearly love to see a real Elite 3.

Unread 20 Jul 2003, 11:53   #49
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by RealJames
I'd dearly love to see a real Elite 3.
Frontier Developments (i.e. David Braben) are supposed to be working on Elite 4, no updates for some time though :/

If it ever makes it to production it will be a MMOG Elite \o/
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 12:29   #50
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
The first level on MoH:Frontline.

Despite the fact that you know you can't hit sh*t you still run around like a headless chicken on speed pasting anything with your rifle.

Best 1st level ever ffs.

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote