User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:41   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Nickelback...yes, they suck but...

...their cover(featuring Kid Rock) of Elton John's 'Saturday Night's Alright (for fighting)' is actually listenable.

Now trust me, I hate Nickelcrap as much as the rest of you do...but it's not done in their usual style, so it's not too bad...I think Kid Rock made them turn down the suck, and turn up the good....altho, Kid Rock isn't all that great either........
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:42   #2
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
i like nickelback tbh :/
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:43   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
They stole their name from a fish.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:45   #4
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
that's stickleback i think
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:46   #5
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i don't mind nickleback
i'd rather listen to them than avril :\
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:46   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
that's stickleback i think
Oh yeah...
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 18:47   #7
mbushell

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
i don't mind nickleback
i'd prefer avril tbh
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:05   #8
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i'd prefer avril tbh
You're mad.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
rageybabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:07   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by rageybabey
You're mad.
we dont diss miss lavigne in this here forums.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:08   #10
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
Quote:
i don't mind nickleback
yes.

we do.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:21   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
i'd rather **** avril than stickleback tbh
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:28   #12
mbushell

Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
avril is only fit with her slap on, but who cares about that i'd still **** her
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:29   #13
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
avril is only fit with her slap on, but who cares about that i'd still **** her
only because i said no to you
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:34   #14
rageybabey
Shenanigans

Like every other girl she looks ass without makeup.

She's a poser and an idiot. \o/
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:39   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

Quote:

so what if she's canadian

Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:45   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
You heard the man.
Quote:
She's a poser and an idiot.
Irony doesn't work from you.

p.s. Also, Nickleback have a front man called "Chad" don't they? Surely that's kind of clue they're going to suck?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:47   #17
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Quote:
Like every other girl she looks ass without makeup.
Not true - i happen to find ladies without make-up far more attractive.
Quote:
True.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:47   #18
rageybabey
Shenanigans

All I know is letting her perform on the MTV Metallica tribute was total bull****.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 19:53   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
All I know is letting her perform on the MTV Metallica tribute was total bull****.
How so?

Metallica are sell-out pro-IP scum who hopefully will come to a grizzly end. If anything I lost respect for Avril for doing it, not vice-versa. :/

Anyway, is there any specific evidence for Avril being more stupid than most others in the music business? Not that affects her musical output one jot, but I'm curious.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:18   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Avril dissed Busted

LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:22   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Avril dissed Busted
Did she?

They said "Complicated" was their fave song on MTV Hits.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 20:57   #22
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Avril dissed Busted

another reason to like her.......
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
starmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 21:20   #23
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Busted's cover of 'Mrs. Robinson' is well nifty

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 21:48   #24
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Anyway, is there any specific evidence for Avril being more stupid than most others in the music business? Not that affects her musical output one jot, but I'm curious.
She let her image be controlled by one of the most idiotic marketing-departments ever.

But to be fair, the cover of Knocking on Heaven's Door was very 'punk'.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 21:52   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
She let her image be controlled by one of the most idiotic marketing-departments ever.
In which sense? And when you say let her image be controlled, do you mean specifically relating to her clothes/behaviour or the things printed in news media about her?
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 21:59   #26
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
In which sense? And when you say let her image be controlled, do you mean specifically relating to her clothes/behaviour or the things printed in news media about her?
Her clothes/behaviour and the initial hype surrounding her music as 'punk' was their work, I believe. What's printed in the media would have not been under their control.

Edit: Actually, to be fair to them, they did target the correct market.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:01   #27
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Her clothes/behaviour and the initial hype surrounding her music as 'punk' was their work, I believe. What's printed in the media would have not been under their control.

Edit: Actually, to be fair to them, they did target the correct market.
BUt Avril IS PUNK!!!11223
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:11   #28
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You heard the man.Irony doesn't work from you.

p.s. Also, Nickleback have a front man called "Chad" don't they? Surely that's kind of clue they're going to suck?
Chad. It sounds like the corn you find in your ****.

"The chad"
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:13   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I'm not really sure that classifies her as an idiot though. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's far less intelligent than say, me, but I haven't seen any evidence that she's genuinely thick which is often implied.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:18   #30
Embroglio

Quote:
I'm not really sure that classifies her as an idiot though. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's far less intelligent than say, me, but I haven't seen any evidence that she's genuinely thick which is often implied.
You seen what she lets them dress her in?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:22   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
You seen what she lets them dress her in?
I'm sure her fashion dress sense is better than yours. A fair number of people in music dress fairly "oddly" anyway (look at most metallers for instance).

Speaking of which, I want a pair of tights somewhat similar to her arm warmer thing (the stripey number), and I intend to wear it with a long black skirt + my boots. I'm going to totally own.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:24   #32
Embroglio

Quote:
I'm sure her fashion dress sense is better than yours.
I haven't seen what she choses to wear, her image suggests not though.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 07:27   #33
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
i'd rather **** nickleback than avril :\

also.. her image is 'skater' not punk fs
get it ****ing right :\
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 08:46   #34
rageybabey
Shenanigans

Quote:
i'd rather **** nickleback than avril :\

also.. her image is 'skater' not punk fs
get it ****ing right :\
It is neither skater or punk.

It's the **** that people didn't buy from the local thrift store.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 09:00   #35
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is neither skater or punk.

Slut?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 11:10   #36
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Is buying from a "thrift" store supposed to be something to be ashamed of?
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Oi watch it sunshine, I'm up for cross dressing as much as the next man but at least keep it in the privacy of your own bedroom.
Don't oppress my freedom.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 13:15   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I had to dress up as an old israeli woman once.

(Why'd you have to do that?)

Well, I didn't HAVE to.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:01   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
hmmm?
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:35   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I forgot about that.

However Spaced is the best tv show ever.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 17:13   #40
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

spaced was good, but black books was better