User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 11:33   #1
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
planetarion help for new players

I discussed this with Kloopy briefly.....

in the past there have been a lot of people willing to help the new player, or the less experienced player, and for whatever reasons, to my knowledge nothing exists now, anyways, what I'd like to do it open a channel (#pahelp for example)

basically what it would be is an informal set up, to help newer players with any questions they may have, be it tactical related, stat related, strategy related, or tools/interface related etc

the channel would be posted on the message of the day in game, and new players could go there and ask any questions they have concerning gameplay or whatever.

we're all hoping for an infusion of new players in the near future, so I believe it's our job as experienced players to help bring them along, this would be an informal and non-abrasive way to do that. As we say in the Army "the only stupid question is the question you don't ask" I would like to approach it in that frame of mind.

Why is this on AD, as opposed to other sections?

I would like to have 3-4 representatives from each alliance to assist in this. Now anyone who wants to help, and has the time to spend a couple hours a week is ofcourse welcome to help, but the alliance representatives would hold a + in the channel, with 1 per alliance holding @, to insure that it doesn't turn into a flaming session, and moderate the room. These people have no authority over one another, or any players who show up, but they would be people who would actually commit time to the project, and they would be responsible for making sure that their alliance has a couple people there at all times.

In addition, we could hold bi-weekly Q & A sessions (much like CH) hosted by one or two of these alliance reps. Could either just go with questions, or have a short lecture on a particular subject (attacking, defending, fleet composition etc), then open up for questions.

I would be willing to take on the bulk of any organization thats nneccesary, scheduling people to do the Q & A's etc. I feel this is extremely important in order to solidify our player base, and what better time to do it than during a free round.... If it takes off, and actually benefits ppl, then it cannot be a bad thing.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 11:38   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: planetarion help for new players

Good initiative, sign me up.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 11:38   #3
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

It's a great idea and being community led means that it'd be targetted correctly at those who need it. I first thought this would be a huge overlap with #support, but #support is mainly for queries that require an admin, for cheat or bug reporting or other serious matters. #support really isn't the place for training or tactics or general gameplay help and advice.

As AngryDuck said to me, and I full agree, it would be fantastic to have this setup for the free round. Hopefully we'll be attracting a number of new players, some of them perhaps will have never played before. If we advertise this community project on the MOTD and perhaps change the in-game IRC client to join this new channel it could be a great success.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 11:49   #4
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tesla seems to like the idea. He'd be willing to help, for sure. (Hence the reply above this one)

I like the idea as well, but I don't have the time to help out. I'm not really experienced either, having only played one round of this game, but I get the gist about alliances, organisation, IRC, and whatnot.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 12:03   #5
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

This is a great idea. I think the biggest problem is getting the new people on IRC to begin with. In the last 2 rounds I have been in we always have a large in Gal forum with instructions on how to get registered on IRC and IRC web clients to use.

Usually it goes like this:
"Our IRC channel is #whatever. Meet the rest of the boys.

If you are not familiar with IRC please visit
http://www.netgamers.org/module.php?...n=registernick
and register a user NAME and a PASSWORD.

You will then need to download an IRC client to your computer. Clients can be found at
http://www.netgamers.org/module.php?...iewcat&catid=1

If you cannot download to the computer you are using try one of the following.

www.mouselike.org
www.liquidmagma.co.uk/cgi-bin/irc.cgi
http://www.talshiar-alliance.com/CGIIRC/webclient.html

If you have any questions visit:
http://www.irchelp.org/
http://www.mirc.com/irc.html
Or just ask someone in the channel.

Hope to see you soon."

I think once new people are on IRC they get the hang of it quickly. I know I did. Never got on IRC before R13 even though I had played several rounds before that.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 12:05   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in .o/

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:32   #7
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I hear there's a channel called #strategy that already offers the services proposed, except with less mutual masturbation.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:59   #8
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a great initiative to me!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:01   #9
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

There already was one similar initiative with no Sucess. Does someone remebers #pa??

The thing i noticed is everyone joins because of the person who created the project and then idle to death. There was the issue that Alch couldnt go on with the idea due to RL or whatever but i hardly believe would work anyway

One problem is the channel name. I when starting to play went to the obvious, typed /j #planetarion. Most would do the same. You may say "But then, they only need asking for help and ppl would send them to #support" realily? I see many ppl asking support ( ofc they have no idea about a different channel for support and then just join and ask on #planetarion ) but many time they get no answer. Who would want to help is away and the rest doesnt care.
So, some #pahelp channel without proper help of PA Team ( like ad about the channel many times ingame) will only function as a meeting place for old players to idle.

What i learned from my experience here? Do it yourself only. I watch #planetarion and any other channels and stay on as much channels i can to see and help anyone with a question about the game. Thisorked more than idling on some unknown channel waiting for noobs to join. If you really want to help, just stay tunned on #planetarion, help who does questions, pm them offering help, check channels with many members ( Some with IRC knowledge just /list and join biggest channels when joining network first time) and watch for questions, this will work far more then indling just on som isolated channel "see?-whe-are-the-cool-helpers-of-the-community".

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:01   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem like a very nice initiative but i dont see the reason why the 'members' has to be alliance specific or why you would nee so many from each alliance.

Good initiative though.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:14   #11
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

The idea is good - but I doubt t would work. It would only be like Intruder said.
when i had some questions about the game i asked in #planetarion , a mate or ingal - later on I asked in #ToF (I found out fellah was in my gal, for no other reason) and i got helped a bit. THe thing is now most ppl dont listen if someone asks for help in the public channels of their alliance. I do help those who need help. If all who say they will help now would just have a modified highlight on words like "help" "support" "question" for #planetarion and would help there, it would work fine i belive.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:15   #12
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Sir Mordred will become famous soon enoughSir Mordred will become famous soon enough

good thing - i like the idea.
to isil: i dont think its meant be strictly alliance specific, but most veterans are members of some alliance i guess, so having reps from all of them makes sense to me. i also think that the high number of reps will ensure that there's (almost) always someone available to provide help.
II-60:9:6 [=SA=], III-25:22:3[YHQ], IV-114:4:8[YHQ][=V=], V-20:3:4[=V=], VI- 5:23:3[=V=], VII- 30:18:11[=V=], VIII- 33:10:2[=V=], IX- 25:6:7[=V=], IX.V- 7:3:5[=V=], XV-1:5:4 []LCH[], XVI-8:6:3 []LCH[], XVII-9:7:X OoO, XXII-12:3:8 Vgn, XXIII-X:X:X Vgn, XXIV-X:X:X Vgn, XXV-4:3:4 Vgn, XLII-10:3:3 CT
= Audentes Fortuna Iuvat =
Sir Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:24   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm there (i my grand leader fellah sais i can)
o/ FELLAH

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:59   #14
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Indeed, this seems to be a very good initiative. Although to some extent I must agree with Banned's post. This idea is not new but in the end the success or failure of this new channel will be decided by the activity and dedication of the people who are going to "run" it. Even though I wish you the best of luck. I must also note that PA is a very simple game and in my humble opinion skills don't matter as much as activity. With battlecalcs or even BCs/MOs assigning targets even the biggest noobs can be successfull if he or she really wants to.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:19   #15
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Sir Mordred will become famous soon enoughSir Mordred will become famous soon enough

a n00b who just joined pa will appreciate all the help he/she can get; hence every single answered question / help provided will be a success.
II-60:9:6 [=SA=], III-25:22:3[YHQ], IV-114:4:8[YHQ][=V=], V-20:3:4[=V=], VI- 5:23:3[=V=], VII- 30:18:11[=V=], VIII- 33:10:2[=V=], IX- 25:6:7[=V=], IX.V- 7:3:5[=V=], XV-1:5:4 []LCH[], XVI-8:6:3 []LCH[], XVII-9:7:X OoO, XXII-12:3:8 Vgn, XXIII-X:X:X Vgn, XXIV-X:X:X Vgn, XXV-4:3:4 Vgn, XLII-10:3:3 CT
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:32   #16
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
will people in the channel do my battle calcs for me if i paste my fleet and a scan ?
(would be much appreciated, thanks)
depends,
pm me your fleet and your coords, and i might consider doing a battlecalc that contains your planet's details...
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:33   #17
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
Indeed, this seems to be a very good initiative. Although to some extent I must agree with Banned's post. This idea is not new but in the end the success or failure of this new channel will be decided by the activity and dedication of the people who are going to "run" it. Even though I wish you the best of luck. I must also note that PA is a very simple game and in my humble opinion skills don't matter as much as activity. With battlecalcs or even BCs/MOs assigning targets even the biggest noobs can be successfull if he or she really wants to.
Small & noob allies don't usually have a BC/MO that assigns targets to the biggest n00bs.
They're to busy trying to survive & get better

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 18:04   #18
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
can everyone expect to be attacked when they ask for help ?
i played in your gal in r10.5, if you still can't calc now then you deserve to be attacked

off topic:
Yay, 200th post

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 19:39   #19
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

I like the idea, but like already said somewhere above the succes depends on the effort put in by the people setting it up. a bit of promotion of the channel by admins wouldnt hurt either.

Count me in to help out.

eXilition
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 19:42   #20
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Quote:
can everyone expect to be attacked when they ask for help ?
you may switch off dummy mode now
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 22:53   #21
Flying Monkey
mokes

Flying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura about

I think its a good idea to have somewhere where people can go to get help with things like how to use battle calcs, fleet compositions and things like sandmans/pilkara etc. Things that you can't find out from the manual. I was lucky enough to know people who played who helped me when I started and I've tried other games and gave up after a couple of weeks because I didn't know how to play so it would be good if there was somewhere people could go to get help

Most people in #planetarion don't actually watch the channel all the time, so may not see help requests. Maybe if there was another channel then the people who were willing to help could only voice/op themselves if they were around and able to check the channel for queries and devoice when they're not. That way you'd know if there were people around who weren't just idling.

But I like helping people learn to play the game if they want help and I like this idea

Rd 13-16
Veneratio | VGN | Subh
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 01:43   #22
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

nice initiative...

personally i usually try this on a smaller scale.... my gal seems to help if they provide the neccesary online time
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 03:32   #23
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

give me details .. sign me up .. dunno how much time i will have spare obviously

if it fails.. it fails but at least your trying :-)
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 03:59   #24
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very good idea if people are willing to put in the effort.

Yes it will overlap a little bit with whats currently done in #support and yes it will over lap a bit with whats currently done in #strategy but the more places people can go to get help the better. It might also work out not to bad as a place to recruit new members. If all alliances are represented then it shoudnt be too hard to make new friends and find potentiol alliances. However it should be made clear that this isnt a place ware people can gleam information on new players and use it to their advantage.

Make it clear that giving out planet info shoudnt be done. If thats made clear to all people joining then the chances are it could be a great success.

I will be their from now on to help ware i can
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 15:59   #25
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

How about mentioning this channel and how to get in it in the welcome mail that is sent out to all new players? or even send out a second mail about it....
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 18:00   #26
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Make sure the people you get opped and voiced are people who will actually be there and be willing to stay there to help.

Not just a bunch of ego-strokers who like having their names nice and high on the list, but just idle and never help anyone after the first week or two.

Lots of people will big this up at the beginning, but you need those who'll stay committed.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:11   #27
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest when someone needs help they can simply type -help, or something, if people really wanted to help then they would stick that in their highlight. I will.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:47   #28
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

we're working out a bot and a idle script to help maintain the channel, I would like the bot to have a -help feature, , -bcalc feature, -parser feature and a -links feature, any other ideas are certainly welcome
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 21:07   #29
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Holy fkin shit..

Didn't even bother checking teh comments, initial overlook sounded nothing but "forest-(m)e-penis-wanna-be-game-saviour(-thread)". Okay, lets let F-crew take over, gl hf etc.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Šragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 21:09   #30
The Real Arfy

An F.A.Q. to stop helpers getting frustrated at answering the same question 10 times a day.

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 21:14   #31
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

could be a good idea if people stay active to the "cause"

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 21:16   #32
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
An F.A.Q. to stop helpers getting frustrated at answering the same question 10 times a day.
yes.

Since I guess people getting frustrated at the same questions could be a major factor in the idea failing

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 21:28   #33
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road

Kudos. I like this idea a lot, and what you are trying to do with it. It's nice to see actual players trying to extend the game and make it grow. I would be happy to donate my time to helping new players, representing an alliance or not. It will be comforting for new players to be able to ask questions and not be called a n00b (even if you are a n00b like me)

Feel free to contact me on irc, I'm always there.
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 21:40   #34
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
yes.

Since I guess people getting frustrated at the same questions could be a major factor in the idea failing
Was that sarcastic?

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 22:49   #35
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

ok folks, this channel is up and running, with a bot active...check it out when you get the chance, stop in and say hello... any suggestions for the bot, find me or Marv
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 23:14   #36
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Yup all is a go!

Come in and speak to one of us or harrass MrPinky the newly made bot and named for our dear Smudge <3

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 12:37   #37
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Yup good idea guys.
Sign me up I'll help if I can.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:26   #38
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

ill be glad to help out where i can

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 01:23   #39
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Hey I feel that I could do with some help with strat/tactics and general advice getting my planet started this round so after reading this thread I went into #pahelp

About ten seconds after asking for help I had 3 people all bombarding me with brilliant tips and advice, I never thought that such "experts" would be so quick and forthcoming with advice. It was genuinely really appreciated and a bigger help probably than they actually realised. Big thanks to Angryduck and Stoom.

And a really big thank you to Gate of ND who spent at least an hour and half pm'ing me some great advice specific for my race, such as fleet composition, first constructions, researches. Even updating me on the general world of PA and whats happened to alliances since I first quit PA PA over 3 years ago. Cheers Gate i really appreciate the help you gave and if in the future I find myself in the more experienced half of PA players I will make sure I give back what has been given to me. #pahelp is a great idea and reinstated my faith in mankind.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 12:06   #40
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

If old skool ppl idle in there with there pals then they should be kicked only a set few should be given @ who wil be active enough (not 24 hours a day ofc we aint all that good or crazy) and trial ppl given + like in support. No idling rule should apply.

edit: also should be some descalimaer in topic saiying in caps PLEASE DONT GIVE CO ORDS.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote