User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:56   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
You know you've been away from the Internet too long when...

Okay, not you - I. I know I've been away and out of touch for too long, because everywhere I turn I see a new and probably very neat abbreviation that I can't make sense of. Makes me feel old. I've seen a whole buch only on this forum this evening.

For instance, what does 'AIM' mean anyway?

I wish there were someplace I could turn with all my questions. A place without mockery, scorn and ridicule; a place with silent approval and sound answers.

Please.

Matrim
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:57   #2
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
AOL Instant Messenger.
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:57   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
AOL instant messenger
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 23:00   #4
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Active IRC Members, an old alliance that kinda self destructed when it merged with BT.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 23:12   #5
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

You are the best people in the world.

Now I know where to turn next time.

Matrim
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 23:14   #6
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
AIM
v. AIMed, AIM&middot;ing, AIMs
v. tr.
To DIRect (a weapon) TOWard an INTended target.
To DIRect TOWard or INTend for a particular goal or group
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 23:34   #7
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Need I restore my sig?
www.acronymfinder.com
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 23:51   #8
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Theres a few euro gamer terms I don't get, like the whole "pd" and "asd" thing.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 00:37   #9
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I thought "we" were nerdy, untill i started playing Anarchy Online.
I still dont understand half the words!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 00:45   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
I thought "we" were nerdy, untill i started playing Anarchy Online.
I still dont understand half the words!
Have you run into a 'Pheer Leet' yet?

The creators of that game have a wonderfully warped sense of humour
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 00:45   #11
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Have you run into a 'Pheer Leet' yet?

The creators of that game have a wonderfully warped sense of humour
No, not yet, but now im gonna be anxious!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 00:51   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
No, not yet, but now im gonna be anxious!
They're part of the 'leet' family and say things like 'pheer me n00b'
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 00:53   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
They're part of the 'leet' family and say things like 'pheer me n00b'

Scary!
Real scary!

But then, im just on a 7 day free trial thing, and i dont think i will have the cash to play long, so maybe i will not meet them!
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:35   #14
fdm2907
Banned

fdm2907 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Scary!
Real scary!

But then, im just on a 7 day free trial thing, and i dont think i will have the cash to play long, so maybe i will not meet them!
Anarchy Online is on sale for € 4.99 next to my place, do i get a 30 day trial with the game?
fdm2907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 12:04   #15
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
You are the best people in the world.

Now I know where to turn next time.

Matrim
You got lucky this time
Don't push it
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 16:36   #16
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Originally posted by fdm2907
Anarchy Online is on sale for € 4.99 next to my place, do i get a 30 day trial with the game?
I dont know. I just dowloaded the whole thing, and applied for a 7-day-free-trial.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:59   #17
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
All i could think of was Active Irc Members as well jammers :/ but i genuinly didnt think you had been around that long
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 19:55   #18
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Quote:
Originally posted by W
Need I restore my sig?
www.acronymfinder.com
It's now one of my so called 'favorites'.

Matrim
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 06:53   #19
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
You are so stupid Matrim.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 14:58   #20
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
All i could think of was Active Irc Members as well jammers :/ but i genuinly didnt think you had been around that long
I've been playing since R1, but I didn't come on the forums until about R7-ish.