User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:04   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
The Israeli truck that ran over the American girl

An Israeli truck that was going to demolish some Palestine houses ran over an American demonstrant - Rachel Corey (23) - who tried to stand in its way. Naturally, she died, especially since later it ran over her again.

Oddly though, I find this piece of news in both of the biggest Norwegian newspapers, yet not on the CNN or BBC pages. A reason for this? I found it in English here though - Truck Gone Bad

Howerever, I wonder, when - if at all - this issue gets more attention, will Americans' hearts be swept away and shocked by the pictures of a dead fellow American ran over, and make them start hating Israel or something similar?

Anyone else heard about this? To me it sounds like a death that would cause quite an uproar. Like that guy who stood in front of that Chinese tank (only he didn't die, at least not then).

Matrim

Last edited by Matrim; 17 Mar 2003 at 13:12.
Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:08   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
dunno about you but I think standing in front of a moving bulldozer driven by a mad israeli is about as silly as standing in front of a bloke with a gun and saying 'you wont shoot me'

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:12   #3
Mistar Bataur

I laugh equally good every time I read about 'Human Shields'.

Don't you know humans are quite fragile!??!
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:37   #4
Mistar Bataur

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
Not when they're dead
Your obviously thinking of the 'Martyr death'. It's not working. People are fragile, and should not try to do Superhuman deeds as deflecting bombs, nor stop tanks or large trucks.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:43   #5
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Funny though, they are selling that truck on eBay if you look. Last I heard someone had bid $12,840. LOL
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:11   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
dunno about you but I think standing in front of a moving bulldozer driven by a mad israeli is about as silly as standing in front of a bloke with a gun and saying 'you wont shoot me'

Vaio
Silly Americans...
I laughed when I read it. I mean, when that big bulldozer comes hurling towards you, don't you feel the need to step aside?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:20   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Israelli's are crazy.
Crazy people whit bulldozers is bad.
Do not stand in the way.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:36   #8
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Re: The Israeli truck that ran over the American girl

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
Oddly though, I find this piece of news in both of the biggest Norwegian newspapers, yet not on the CNN or BBC pages. A reason for this? I found it in English here though - Truck Gone Bad
it's pretty big news over here. Most Americans tend to view it as stupidity though, considering that even being in the region is inherently stupid, much less standing in front of one of those huge armored vehicles...

It's not easy to find on the websites because they're having to make room for all the other stuff going on, and activists get themselves killed by being stupid regularly.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:44   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
was ghandi's (and his followers) non violent protests, eg sitting on the tracks in front of trains etc stupidity?? why is it ok to hold his non violent protests as 'good' whilst calling hers stupid? Would it have been better to strap dynamite to her chest and have her blow up the bulldozer??? A while ago i remember some posting that the palastinians should take up non violent protest and get the world opinion/sympathy behind them, but it doesnt seem to work like that.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:44   #10
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
One less hippy eh.
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:17   #11
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
"Saddam Hussein in secret bid to buy new weapons of mass distruction shocker"

an insider said

"we saw how effective the bulldozers were on the american pig dog infideles and have purchased 3 of them ! we expect that as soon as the americans see our bulldozers coming they will just lie down infront of them "

George W Bush is asking for an amendment to the latest UN motion to make sure that Iraq disband immeidately their stock of highly dangerous Bulldozers.

This has already been rejected by France as being unreasonable.

When asked to comment Tony Blair said "the french are anchors"

(note that last word might have been misheard as no one can understand what a part of a ship has to do with the french)

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:17   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
was ghandi's (and his followers) non violent protests, eg sitting on the tracks in front of trains etc stupidity?? why is it ok to hold his non violent protests as 'good' whilst calling hers stupid? Would it have been better to strap dynamite to her chest and have her blow up the bulldozer??? A while ago i remember some posting that the palastinians should take up non violent protest and get the world opinion/sympathy behind them, but it doesnt seem to work like that.
There's a difference between non-violent protests and stupidity. This seems to be an example of the later. These "human shields" reportedly run in front of bulldozers, kneel down for a few seconds, and then run off. Ms. Corrie apparently cut it too close. The driver probably never saw her. I'm guessing even Gandhi's supporters didn't jump in front of moving trains at the last minute, at night, and expect the engineer to stop.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:24   #13
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
There's a difference between non-violent protests and stupidity. This seems to be an example of the later. These "human shields" reportedly run in front of bulldozers, kneel down for a few seconds, and then run off. Ms. Corrie apparently cut it too close. The driver probably never saw her. I'm guessing even Gandhi's supporters didn't jump in front of moving trains at the last minute, at night, and expect the engineer to stop.
how do you know that it happened like that??
her friends who were there reported that the driver saw her and drove over her anyway and that he even drove on her a second time!!
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:29   #14
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by m.ar.d
her friends who were there reported that the driver saw her and drove over her anyway and that he even drove on her a second time!!
He wanted to make sure she was 100% dead, it is cheaper to pay compensation for death, than it is to provide lifeltime care/nursing etc.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:37   #15
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I read it in papers here.
TBH it's expected to happen and is one reason why palestians avoid non-violent measures against the Israili's. The Israili's couldn't care less and would happily bulldoze over palestinians sitting in there way. Only the fact that she was American makes it 'news'.

More interesting is the story about the israili's shot by there own army whilst they were driving into Jerusalem. I can't find a link to that story though...
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:51   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by m.ar.d
I read the New York Times account.
Quote:
Her friends don't know what the driver did or didn't see. A spokeman for the Israeli army reported that the driver didn't see her. The New York Times account said the driver stopped and backed up after her friends got his attention (while Ms. Corrie was still under the bulldozer). There's nothing in that account to suggest she was run over twice.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 17:16   #17
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
heh.. some girls in my class were talkin about it this morning. i think they concluded that the girl was a bit stupid for not jumping out of the way.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 17:35   #18
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
the only language those brutes understand is the buldozee
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 18:25   #19
Legolas
State of Bliss

Legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Israeli truck that ran over the American girl

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
Oddly though, I find this piece of news in both of the biggest Norwegian newspapers, yet not on the CNN or BBC pages. Matrim

FYI it was on the front page of BBC News Online.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 18:50   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Remember kids, this girl is stupid but the bloke who stood in front of the tank in Tiananmen Square was a bold fighter for justice.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 18:58   #21
Doogle

Doogle can only hope to improve
This is a blatant example of selective reporting. We hear no mention of the countless trucks that didn't run her over, yet the one that does gets splashed all over the news.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 19:17   #22
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Doogle
This is a blatant example of selective reporting. We hear no mention of the countless trucks that didn't run her over, yet the one that does gets splashed all over the news.
Yeah, hate when they do that... Haven't heard any mention of the countless children I didn't kill, but when I broke into a kindergarten, cut the children's heads off and threw them into the Grand Canyon, it got splashed all over the news.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 19:20   #23
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Who paid for the cleaning of the bulldozer ?

Thats what I want to know, blood is a bugger to get off tracks you know

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 21:22   #24
Grind
aka Inubis

Grind is an unknown quantity at this point
[Do that again and I'll axe you - SS]
Round 2 - 55:22:15 [Reborn]
Round 3 - 55:22:15 (yes again) and 8:11:23 (yup i had two accounts. sue me)
Round 4 - 244:24:? [virus] [ft]
Round 5 - 28:22:? [nfu] [virus]
Round 6 - 13:11:13 [wrath] [silver] .:: W00T 33:9 FOREVER \O/ ::.
Round 7 - 14:11:7 [FLTV] [Heresy]
Round 8 - Inactive/Quit
Round 9 - 41:6:10 - bashed to ***** by te ;-)
Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 21:24   #25
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Remember kids, this girl is stupid but the bloke who stood in front of the tank in Tiananmen Square was a bold fighter for justice.
no, he was stupid too.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 21:27   #26
Grind
aka Inubis

Grind is an unknown quantity at this point
soz about my previous post ;-)

euros make /me evul
Round 2 - 55:22:15 [Reborn]
Round 3 - 55:22:15 (yes again) and 8:11:23 (yup i had two accounts. sue me)
Round 4 - 244:24:? [virus] [ft]
Round 5 - 28:22:? [nfu] [virus]
Round 6 - 13:11:13 [wrath] [silver] .:: W00T 33:9 FOREVER \O/ ::.
Round 7 - 14:11:7 [FLTV] [Heresy]
Round 8 - Inactive/Quit
Round 9 - 41:6:10 - bashed to ***** by te ;-)
Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 21:40   #27
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
no, he was stupid too.
well, atleast he didn't get UNDER the tank.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 22:21   #28
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
heh.. some girls in my class were talkin about it this morning. i think they concluded that the girl was a bit stupid for not jumping out of the way.
she got stuck
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 22:22   #29
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I normally don't feel sorry for human shields, but I keep hearing 'crunching' noises...

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote