User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Dec 2008, 00:49   #1
Kenny

e-fail

This is a string of correspondences I've had with my university:

=================

Sent: Fri 28/11/2008 15:36
To: HALFPENNY, KENNETH
Subject: CA0832a Feedback on Refenece

CA0832a Multimedia for the web double checked feedback for the Report Reference

Name KENNETH HALFPENNY ID 0302367

Grade C13

Comment

Your citation omits the author details. Your summary is well written and helpful. Although more general information might have be more useful.

Regards

Dawn

=================

Sent: 08, December, 2008 12:06
To: Carmichael, Dawn
Subject: RE: CA0832a Feedback on Refenece

Dawn,

I must say I feel your Grade C13 was a little unfair if the basis of this low grade was the ommission of the author details, especially as I did in fact provide them:

Palo Alto, Calif., April 2, 2007, Fortify Software Documents Pervasive and Critical Vulnerability in Web 2.0,

It's right there on my wiki. You can check the edit log if you wish to see that I haven't added it since, but ultimately on the premise that it was there the entire time - am I entitled to a higher grade?

Kenneth

=================

Sent: Mon 08/12/2008 12:50

Amanda Quick marked this assignment and I double checked the grades. We were, of course, agreed on your grade. However I will pass your comments to Amanda to see if she has anything to add.

Regards
Dawn

=================

then, two hours later....

=================

Sent: Mon 08/12/2008 14:55

Hi

Amanda would like to point out that Palo Alto is in fact a place and not a person.

Regards
Dawn

=================

Sent: Mon 08/12/2008 23:13
To: Carmichael, Dawn

Hi,

lol,

Kenny.
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 00:54   #2
Kenny

Re: e-fail

sigh!
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 13:24   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why did you write a thread to tell us that you're an idiot
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 13:58   #4
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He wants to appear vulnerable so we feel less threatened and like him more
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 14:49   #5
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow View Post
He wants to appear vulnerable so we feel less threatened and like him more
That's far too deep a psychological analysis.

The whole thing just made me laugh - I didn't think it was immediately obvious that Palo Alto was a place, and not a person. It sounds Portugese....
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 15:17   #6
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I worked in Palo Alto for a while. It's nice.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 15:22   #7
Kenny

immediately obvious to anyone who doesn't know a lot about america/hasn't worked there**
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 15:49   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

refenece...
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 16:03   #9
Kenny

Wasn't me that wrote the topic!
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 16:28   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What does "C13" mean??
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 16:35   #11
Kenny

grading scheme of 1-20, 20 being highest... then an ascociated grade of a/b/c/d/ marginal fail / clear fail / no submission
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 18:08   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
immediately obvious to anyone who doesn't know a lot about america/hasn't worked there**
Or knows a decent amount about high tech industry, it's in Silicon Valley and HP (among others) are based there.

[edit]

Or knows how news articles start.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 9 Dec 2008 at 18:27.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 23:36   #13
Kenny

That wasn't a direct quote from the website though, the line I submitted as my reference was one I'd put together.

I was looking for the author, and that looked appropriate. Obviously, I realised that the calif. part was referring to California, but no - I'd never heard of it before.
Unread 11 Dec 2008, 15:52   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: e-fail

Your last response should simply have been 'But I slept with him once?'
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2008, 23:42   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Palo alto means "high spade"

You seem to reference badly anyway and should learn some bibliographic skills
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2008, 04:07   #16
Kenny

I wasn't exactly using the Harvard Law of Referencing, but nevermind.
Unread 14 Dec 2008, 20:22   #17
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I wasn't exactly using the Harvard Law of Referencing, but nevermind.
universities in american can make laws now?

how very platonic
Unread 16 Dec 2008, 11:51   #18
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Steven I miss you
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 12:04   #19
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

haha halfpenny, how unfortunate
Unread 30 Dec 2008, 07:15   #20
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The first date I took my wife on was to Palo Alto to see a football game. Palo Alto is the home of Stanford University, the Harvard of the West.