User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 11:39   #151
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Alliances playing r16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP

What is the point of playing this game lol

Unread 1 Jan 2006, 13:29   #152
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

You know me Stifler. I never learn a lesson. The only reason why i kept to the rules so far is coz i didnt feel like breaking them.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 14:10   #153
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical
All that people trying to do here is put others in a bad daylight.. i get sick of it. just play and stop the continueous bullshitting and bitching eachother alltho somethings could be based on facts our are realitiy. It doesnt really matter.

edit: also who are you guys to decide for the rest of the community how the game should be! get a grip

If you don't think AD has any value, then you won't mind being banned until the first round of PAN ends - Banned, 5 months
Mystical does have a point about AD being the place for a bitchfest...
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 14:38   #154
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

Quote:
Lol chicka u are joking right, till 5/6 days before end of round we had angels/ND incomings for days... and also some 1ups who hitted us whole round, with max 3 days exception. Doesnt matter if we play or not play a round. It is a game we decide what we want. The forum is poisened anyways.. only look at who is green and who is red hehe... (except for some exceptions). Look, if you make the most posts on the forums you are not god of planetarion! its not about how many green dots you get here, but its about who ends up high in the pa ranks. perhaps you guys (esp 1up) should start to realise that. Everyone plays hard and everyone wants to win. Whoever wins and whatever way apperently used all game features in the best way. Live with it, it has always been so and will always stay that way...

All that people trying to do here is put others in a bad daylight.. i get sick of it. just play and stop the continueous bullshitting and bitching eachother alltho somethings could be based on facts our are realitiy. It doesnt really matter.

edit: also who are you guys to decide for the rest of the community how the game should be! get a grip

If you don't think AD has any value, then you won't mind being banned until the first round of PAN ends - Banned, 5 months
there was nothing wrong in this post! Where did he break the rules so that you ban him?
Ever heard of freedom of opinion?
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 14:38   #155
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Come back when you choose to defend your titles - until then, comparing yourself to 1up in the PAX era is just plain silly.
Apart from Max (who deserves a ban instead of Mystical), about the only people comparing eX to 1up are people outside eX.
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 14:50   #156
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Re: R16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
lol

yes we all deeply apoligise that we think owning 1 round playing hardcore then taking a break to live again, we will try next time to be more geek as you guys

tho we are just helping 1up a bit, giving them a chance to win a round again vs no competition and break them next round :P
cockboi. In reference to ur signature: Yes I failed my goal, but mind you it says "LOOKS LIKE". ANd you didnt end top 100 now did you ? (im actually not sure about that though :\)
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 15:01   #157
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Even though I'm quite happy with your moderating so far Lokken, this was just plain ridiculous.

Here goes...

Quote:
Lol chicka u are joking right, till 5/6 days before end of round we had angels/ND incomings for days... and also some 1ups who hitted us whole round, with max 3 days exception. Doesnt matter if we play or not play a round. It is a game we decide what we want.
Nothing wrong with that I'd assume.

Quote:
The forum is poisened anyways.. only look at who is green and who is red hehe... (except for some exceptions).
So in which way exactly is this incorrect? This forum is supposed to be about alliance discussions, mainly involving politics. In terms of game-speak: Isn't politics always a one-way street? Either you're with someone, or you're against someone. When you're with nor against someone, you could be a fencesitter and be against everyone. In terms of board-speak: what it boils down to (be it poorly worded), is very true; People like you, or they don't. The reputation system gives you a perfect valid way to just neg-rep someone cause you dislike him (it's happening all the time) or pos-rep people you like to get the green dot counter ticking.

Quote:
Look, if you make the most posts on the forums you are not god of planetarion! its not about how many green dots you get here, but its about who ends up high in the pa ranks. perhaps you guys (esp 1up) should start to realise that. Everyone plays hard and everyone wants to win. Whoever wins and whatever way apperently used all game features in the best way. Live with it, it has always been so and will always stay that way...
Very true. Be it this forum is important for the alliances to communicate, make announcements, raise questions and start discussions, the manner of your posting on this forum as an individual, and whether or not the people on this forum like your posts and show this in pos or neg rep has little to nothing to do with your planet and your planetarion ranking. Mystical is merely stating his priorities, explaining that to him, planet ranks matter, instead of who has more red or green dots under his nickname.

Quote:
So? Isn't that what propaganda and stuff is all about, making you look good, and while doing so, try to non-transparently make others look bad? Can't blame someone for not liking that, nor for voicing that. It's his opinion you know, we're still allowed to have one on this forum as far as I know.

Quote:
So basically, Mystical doesn't feel he has to play or something along those lines by the set of values the people he counts as 'you guys' have set for playing this game 'properly'. Well so be it - he can play this game whatever way he wants, and he may have a very different opinion on how this game should be. Perhaps he would even want AD gone for the best of the game, he however didn't say that so that's just an implication.

Quote:
All in all Lokken. The punishment is as harsh as it is unreasonable. Nowhere in his post he said AD has no value, he's merely stating the rankings - to him - have more value than the amount of posts / reputation / image you get on the Alliance Discussions board.

When you let people who actually make shit posts all the time with the mere intention of making this forum more of a flamefest (like Max) keep posting all the bloody time, and ban people for saying they don't feel AD has as much value as in-game rankings, something in sincerely wrong.

Other than violating rules (which I've missed apparently), what's 'best for the board' will / should always be atleast a bit of your concern; and when it comes to the question what's worse between someone flaming all the time, or someone stating to lighten up on AD and don't take it as seriously as the in-game rankings, the answer is fairly obvious, and your choice is obviously wrong.

Hook
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 15:03   #158
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
cockboi. In reference to ur signature: Yes I failed my goal, but mind you it says "LOOKS LIKE". ANd you didnt end top 100 now did you ? (im actually not sure about that though :\)
He got closed.
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 15:06   #159
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Lok, this is a ****ing ace post man. I agree with it 100%. Especially with Exilitions bases for success. Sadly, none of it matters because they do win when they play. Noone will never know if 1up will beat them if they played twice in a row. Why? Because exil(like any other living being) will stick to what works. Why take a three pointer when you are 7'10" and can dunk when you feel like it. Also, the reason you gave " level of dedication" is the key factor in my honest opinion, in contemplating if Exil would win again if they played 2 rounds in a row. I think they would, simply because they are 20 times more active than anyone.
Another thing that should be mentioned in ANY Exil vs the universe discussion, is that Exil only won because ND/Angels/1up failed to coop against them properly. They all were selfish, will remain selfish(naturally, not a bad thing) and will refuse to help each other. When Exil was twatting Newdawn, Angels/1up chose to hit other alliances like LCH to get roids. Angels were more worried about LCH passing them, than about hitting Exil, because they know if they hit Exil properly, then Newdawn would win. And they just couldn't have that. This md-level stupidity I think is the main factor in Exil's win. Noone can be blamed for it, because they should not be responsible for another alliances success(in this case, 1up/angels hitting Exil would only have helped Newdawn after 1up/angels were sufficiently twatted). Sadly, if the politics remain anyway that they were in RD 15, I.E. "If I can't win, I will let exil win because I don't want you to win", then exil will keep winning, as just like you stated, they simply take the game a lot more serious than any other alliance.
nono, you have it wrong. When exi hit newdawn, newdawn hit lch and angels/1up hit exi just thought id clarify that, the post about 1up and nd targets may be wrong(ish) but angels didnt touch lch during the round.
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 15:17   #160
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
He got closed.
oh that requires a big lol
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 17:59   #161
suave

suave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
The only reason why i kept to the rules so far is coz i didnt feel like breaking them.
how about the rules of the game? ever felt the need to break them?

Quote:
He got closed.
coincidence?
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 18:40   #162
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
then stay out of the fkin forums and stop ruining our bloody name maxmillian
your posts are horrible. they always have been and probably always will be, and whats worse, they are actually hurting the alliance. if you are the teamplayer you always claim you are then please stay out of the forums or learn what you shouldnt say.
LMAO!

Quote:
He got closed.
LMAO!
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 19:43   #163
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For Christs sake.

I came in here on my 56k modem at home, interested in which alliances were and weren't playing round 16 (or 15.5, whatever you want to call it).

All I find is Max talking a lot of bollocks and making claims he can't back up.

AND THE REST OF YOU MONKEYS RISING TO HIM, INSTEAD OF IGNORING HIM AS YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD DO.

FOUR PAGES OF IT.

Jeepers.

How many players is it planned per alliance in r16? Has it been announced?
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 20:00   #164
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by suave
how about the rules of the game? ever felt the need to break them?
never in my life has anyone accused me of cheating in any kind of online game.
congratulations for being the first idiot to do so

Quote:
coincidence?
he got closed for breaking a rule he couldnt know was going to exist at the moment he broke it.

Unread 1 Jan 2006, 20:31   #165
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

@ Stoom and Rikard, i dont post for you, i dont expect you to like what i post, neither do i try to post for eX. i post my opinion in my style, in other words i dont care what you think. its you who have a problem not me

and stoom it seems you know little about what happened with my closure, because the only ones who know are kaifux & hc, and my close friends in ex and neither 1 is you.

as i said always, i will always say MY opinion, not my alliance opinion (tho many agree with me cept the usual rikard/stoom group who dont like me from some other game)

Tesla tnx for the best sig ever <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
demigod: what the ****? anyone who's retarded enough to take maxine's own personal views for a whole alliance is quite obviously not going to be of any importance in any objective sense for it to matter, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 20:58   #166
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
How many players is it planned per alliance in r16? Has it been announced?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 21:00   #167
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
50 for every alliance isn't going to be the limit - not that it's been announced yet
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 21:28   #168
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

its called planting a rumour that if enough ppl say it and think its 50 its gonna be 50 per allie or that was his plan atleast

but you got busted m8
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 22:06   #169
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

50 is just the most common number I hear floating about

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 22:09   #170
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
nono, you have it wrong. When exi hit newdawn, newdawn hit lch and angels/1up hit exi just thought id clarify that, the post about 1up and nd targets may be wrong(ish) but angels didnt touch lch during the round.

pardon? So hang on eXi and flack hit ND, whilst ND hit LCH ignoring the chance to finish #1? Do you think were stupid lol.

We hit eXi with our full force, or as much as we could muster at the time when we went to war with them. We lost, they were better than us. But we damn well hit eXi until about 2-3 days before the end where our ally had lost morale and we thought we'd hit LCH as a bit of revenge.
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 22:32   #171
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I entirely agree with Kargool, for once. Perhaps Round 15 showed the 'big' alliances how useful the smaller (less hardcore) alliances could be, if they had deigned to turn to them.

In Rounds 13 and 14, alliances such as VGN were only asked for help when it was too late - when the other side was on the verge of winning anyway. What good could we do then? In Round 15, eXil approached its so-called 'support' alliances fairly early on on a basis of friendship, and it was because of that that we chose to work more closely with them later on. Kargool's arrogance point is true as well - but I won't name names.
It's not arrogance. 1up has honoured every agreement it has ever made - and to my recollection, theres never been any complaints for our supposed 'arrogance'. It's a myth, and you'll find that in 1up history at least there are very few agreements that 1up itself has initiated. 1up was based on a principle for avoiding block wars and for us to start "helping" smaller alliances by NAPing them and such would create a cold war situation where blocks are utterly inevitable.

Can't you see that? 1up is not NAPing/allying VGN, F-Crew or whatnot because of our arrogance but because for us to do so would be detrimental to the game and ourselves. Personally I'd love for 1up to work with smaller alliances every round - as I believe those smaller alliances are the ones who can benefit the most as I believe just the simple prospect of working with "one of the top" gives these less hardcore alliances a big boost in desire to do well.

Direct to VGN, you played cat and mouse in denying yourselves as support to eXilition but now it's been revealed you DID have an agreement all along. You're referred too as support mainly because you hit in line to eXilition military policy in order to help eXilition win. There was no fluidic politics between you both as your agreement for all intents and purposes would last the entire round.

PS: I'm well aware 1up was not mentioned but I'd thought to comment on it from a different point of view as normally 1up-Arrogance are assumed to be hand in hand.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 22:39   #172
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Can't you see that? 1up is not NAPing/allying VGN, F-Crew or whatnot because of our arrogance but because for us to do so would be detrimental to the game and ourselves. Personally I'd love for 1up to work with smaller alliances every round - as I believe those smaller alliances are the ones who can benefit the most as I believe just the simple prospect of working with "one of the top" gives these less hardcore alliances a big boost in desire to do well.
This is definitely one thing I admire about 1up, they are one of the main reasons ND is in the situation it is today, 3 t3 finishes in the last 4 rounds. In R12 ND and HR were in a similar situation, jostling between 4th and 5th and later 3rd and 4th, and look at the difference in the 2 alliances now. At the time there wasn't much to choose between them, but 1up offered a lot of support and guidance to ND at the time.

Of course, a lot of people have put in the hard work to carry on what we've been doing every round since PaX, but that push from 1up gave us a big boost.
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 22:40   #173
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Of course, the difference in what 1up did for ND is that we worked together to achieve goals for both alliances. VGN/Subh etc solely worked to ensure eXilition won.
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 23:12   #174
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
@ Stoom and Rikard, i dont post for you, i dont expect you to like what i post, neither do i try to post for eX. i post my opinion in my style, in other words i dont care what you think. its you who have a problem not me

and stoom it seems you know little about what happened with my closure, because the only ones who know are kaifux & hc, and my close friends in ex and neither 1 is you.

as i said always, i will always say MY opinion, not my alliance opinion (tho many agree with me cept the usual rikard/stoom group who dont like me from some other game)

you know full well that i dont dislike you maxmillian
i wouldnt have let you sleep here if i did
i like you as a person and as you are on irc and in the alliance
however you have to realise that its not all about YOUR opinion here.
whatever you say and do will reflect on the alliance are and the alliances you have been. I know that 90% of the alliance agrees with me that we shouldnt start flaming on the forums regardless of whether what you said is true or not. theres some tact needed when you post.
there have been rules regarding this in the past, and just because they are gone now doesnt mean you have to forget they ever existed.

for any further discussion pm me here or on irc coz i dont think shouting at eachother in public is gonna do any good. sorry for starting that in the first place

Unread 1 Jan 2006, 23:25   #175
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Of course, the difference in what 1up did for ND is that we worked together to achieve goals for both alliances. VGN/Subh etc solely worked to ensure eXilition won.
This is just silly. VGN and Subh finished in sixth and seventh places. 1up finished in fifth place. I'd say the first two probably achieved more of their goals than 1up did. Or if 1up's only goal is "have fun" or whatever and talking about goals is a bit silly I'd say that VGN and Subh had significant benefits from their alliance with exilition. I can only imagine that if the HC of subh were told they'd finish one place behind 1up this round they would have jumped at the opportunity.

I also hereby declare my support for lok's banning of mystical. Calling the forum poisoned, insinuating that AD has no value and various pseudo-trolls are not a good way to enter the forum. They are however an expedient way to leave it.
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 23:42   #176
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
This is just silly. VGN and Subh finished in sixth and seventh places. 1up finished in fifth place. I'd say the first two probably achieved more of their goals than 1up did. Or if 1up's only goal is "have fun" or whatever and talking about goals is a bit silly I'd say that VGN and Subh had significant benefits from their alliance with exilition. I can only imagine that if the HC of subh were told they'd finish one place behind 1up this round they would have jumped at the opportunity.

I also hereby declare my support for lok's banning of mystical. Calling the forum poisoned, insinuating that AD has no value and various pseudo-trolls are not a good way to enter the forum. They are however an expedient way to leave it.
You misunderstood me, I am referring to Round 12 when talking about ND/1up working together, and R15 for eXi/Subh/VGN
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 23:50   #177
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You misunderstood me, I am referring to Round 12 when talking about ND/1up working together, and R15 for eXi/Subh/VGN
Regardless, would you not agree that subh and vgn have achieved relatively highly this round?
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 23:55   #178
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
public image?

oh yes insomnia and 1up have such good public image, the rankings showed us that
stop dragging the name of insomnia into your flames

you are indeed an idiot and a worthless peice of crap to boot

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 00:05   #179
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fish and others - why go back to the propaganda fest of a few weeks ago? You're not going to achieve anything.

Quote:
PS: I'm well aware 1up was not mentioned but I'd thought to comment on it from a different point of view as normally 1up-Arrogance are assumed to be hand in hand.
Actually, it wasn't referring to you. I've never had any problems in dealing with 1up HC/command - in fact everyone's always been friendly.

Quote:
Direct to VGN, you played cat and mouse in denying yourselves as support to eXilition but now it's been revealed you DID have an agreement all along. You're referred too as support mainly because you hit in line to eXilition military policy in order to help eXilition win. There was no fluidic politics between you both as your agreement for all intents and purposes would last the entire round.
I didn't say that all - because it's not true. eXil first approached us about a third of a way into the round, after 1up/Angels teamed up and ND joined in. This was for a NAP, which we accepted. Anything even resembling attack co-operation didn't begin until a while after that.

There was no agreement before the round, nothing, nada. As for the NAP/vague co-operation continuing to the end of the round, it's no different from 1up's NAP with Reunion lasting to the end of Round 14. As for your suggestion that there was no fluidic politics, that's wrong too. We went into the round with no allies or NAPs, made an agreement as it suited us and it continued to the end of the round because it continued to be in our interest to have our relationship with eXil until the end of the round.

Quote:
You don't think we had our own goals?? How simplistic must your world view be

In Round 13, when ND were blocked with 1up (later on as part of SiNND), whose interests were you serving there? It was only because of your merger with SiN that you were ever near the #1 spot, and that hardly lasted for long. When the round started, I expect that you wanted 1up to win, if you couldn't win yourselves. You had goals yourselves, didn't you? So why suppose that we didn't?

Quote:
This is just silly. VGN and Subh finished in sixth and seventh places. 1up finished in fifth place. I'd say the first two probably achieved more of their goals than 1up did. Or if 1up's only goal is "have fun" or whatever and talking about goals is a bit silly I'd say that VGN and Subh had significant benefits from their alliance with exilition.
Again, JBG is a shining beacon of light. We are happy with how things went in Round 15 - we would have liked to finish 6th, but Subh finished better and the rankings reflect things pretty accurately. We had more top 10 planets than before, attacked better and looked after ourselves well on one full-time (HC) and a fair few burnt-out DCs. Well done VGN - it's just a shame that the losing alliances this round can't bring themselves to say it.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 01:41   #180
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In an all time shocker - I disagree with JBG.

If you look through the history of the rankings, an alliance like VGN actually finished more or less as normal during round 15 as an alliance that is accustomed to a ranking in the lower echelons of the top10.

Round 14 saw a finish in 7th
Round 13 saw a finish in 13th
Round 12 saw a finish in 6th
Round 11: no data available.

That's not to say VGN didn't do well this round performance wise, but to suggest they were doing any better than normal is someone who hasn't looked through the requisite alliance's ranking history.

So I'm struggling to see any major benefit to VGN unless you are seriously going to suggest that VGN are going to start finishing behind F-Crew and HR in today's universe without this agreement, if you look at today's rankings. I believe they're good enough to finish above those on their own merits.

Whether subh benefited is open to question, but if they are considered to be of comparitive skill to an alliance like NewDawn, then it's pishtosh to say they are overperforming.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 01:46   #181
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
yeah u aint a great alliance unless u get a rule change mid round!! ^^

and u aint a great player before u get an eula change, a new bot stopper question and a new feature for next round because of u either!!!
that deserves one of those lollyroffle efforts

Anyway, since I spent ages trying to pos-rep his post before realising why I couldn't ... guess I'd best squeeze in a wee lickle rant about Mystical. Have you lost the plot lokken?! Or has Biffy introduced a new rule enforcing all pa-team / MODs to stop engaging common sense and, well, pretty much any form of brainpower when making decisions?

PS. If anyone makes the obvious reply to this regarding the first and last lines of the last paragraph : I will hire a bounty hunter to put you out of your misery.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 02:09   #182
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lokken, surely you know that it's not all about rankings?

Round 11 saw us unable to play as an alliance, played inside ROCK.
Round 12 saw VGN get fat and gather a lot of deadwood recruiting to 6th (Vision did the same) before Round 13.
Round 13 saw this deadwood cripple us, finished 13th.
Round 14 saw VGN go back to the core members and played well in a universe full of disbanding alliances.

Hopefully you can understand that Round 15 was the final rebuilding round for us after the huge mess that was Round 13. There's also a lot more quality in the universe than there was in Round 14 - and so logically it was an improvement.

Round 15 saw the effect of changes that we'd made at the end of Round 14 as part of the rebuilding process. Probably all of these would be second nature to you, Lok, but they still had to be done. Everything fell into place as hoped, there were no massive suprises, and so we are happy.

Of course, our Round 16 goals will be different from our Round 15 goals. We're not just going to try to maintain our current rank - we're now in a position to expect that. The goals? Wait and see.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 02:11   #183
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:

True, I know almost nothing about your closure. I didn't suggest that I did though, only stated you are closed.
Apart from that, I have no grudges against you from 'some other game'. I'm even liking people I met in eX who were my 'enemies' there. The thing I don't like is the way how you express you opinions, there's nothing wrong with having one or expressing it unless it affects the people around you.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 02:17   #184
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Of course, then we look at the alliances above and below VGN, and consider it to be pretty much as expected. Are you suggesting that pound for pound you are worse than any of the alliances below you? Or pound for pound below than the alliance above?

JBG suggested that VGN and subh gained significant benefit from their agreement with exilition - his post is based on that politics resulted in a requisite benefit for these alliances. All the data from sandmans, including contextual evidence suggests otherwise. In reality, the politics have had very little if no effect in the ranking. They're above alliances they should be above, and below alliances they shouldn't. VGN's positioning was pretty natural, ergo there was no real benefit.

ND's position was out of the ordinary when you consider what is above and below, when in reality they're still looking for a level of performance to that of round 12 and early round 14. This evidence suggests that they've been making political moves that are of great benefit to them.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 02:30   #185
furball

What I'm saying is that we achieved what we wanted to achieve, and laid the foundations for higher achievements next round. Surely you don't expect me to list all our plans for Round 16? The benefits aren't shown in Sandmans. The benefits are to VGN's command and to its members in all the areas I already mentioned.

Long-term, lokken, long-term. Stop looking at individual rounds and look at the next few rounds - and think about how an alliance might position itself for those rounds.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 02:39   #186
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
so why isnt it allowed to express your opinions on a subject on a puplic forum?

if he now silly enough to actually post in a place that he thinks is that stuff above it should be within his rights or?

so if you guys thinks someone stepps on a toe or something just delate the post with an explanation of your actions, its no biggie

and on topic, subh did great really ,,pld us
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 02:49   #187
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Violent Saints will be playing round 16

(Like anyone cares)

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 03:19   #188
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
public image?

oh yes insomnia and 1up have such good public image, the rankings showed us that
I rather wanna loose with people I like, than to win with people I aint comfortable with.

Retired
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 03:30   #189
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
I rather wanna loose with people I like, than to win with people I aint comfortable with.
I prefer winning with people I like

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 03:46   #190
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I prefer winning with people I like
you never have an account open long enough to find that out surely??

Unread 2 Jan 2006, 05:18   #191
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
you never have an account open long enough to find that out surely??

well yes he have
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 11:05   #192
suave

suave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
never in my life has anyone accused me of cheating in any kind of online game.
congratulations for being the first idiot to do so
I did not accuse you of anything. I asked you a question which was related to your statement, that you only stick to rules as long as they fit for you.

surely calling someone an idiot helps in any discussion btw
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 13:20   #193
Mek
InSomniac

Alliances playing r16 2 Jan 2006 07:45 lol 1up flak newb alliance who got owned hard

yes insomnia was clearly a 1up Flak alliance werent we. Care to offer me you proof, or atleast elaborate a bit more as to your unfounded view, whoever you are??

also, you cant be THAT important on these boards as your rep was grey..

lol??

p.s. somebody pointing a finger regarding flak alliances, so clearly must be an exilition poster....right?

p.p.s clearly so "newb" that when we disbanded 95% of our players who joined other alliances joined the top 5 alliances

go figure :P

Unread 2 Jan 2006, 13:50   #194
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
surely calling someone an idiot helps in any discussion btw
it wasnt a discussion
it was a statement.

Unread 2 Jan 2006, 14:03   #195
suave

Quote:
it wasnt a discussion
it was a statement.
right. personal insults towards others are indeed some kind of a statement.

thanks for this superb contribution within the Alliance Discussions Forum
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 14:08   #196
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
pardon? So hang on eXi and flack hit ND, whilst ND hit LCH ignoring the chance to finish #1? Do you think were stupid lol.

We hit eXi with our full force, or as much as we could muster at the time when we went to war with them. We lost, they were better than us. But we damn well hit eXi until about 2-3 days before the end where our ally had lost morale and we thought we'd hit LCH as a bit of revenge.
ah see this is were you have it wrong, gate told me different you see, so who do i believe more?
You werent ignoring the chance for #1, you had LOST your chance for #1. admittedly i didnt expect ND to fall as hard as they did, its a shame you guys did though as i was rooting for you guys(secretly).

p.s. it was alot earlier than 2-3 days before round end
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 14:40   #197
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
What I'm saying is that we achieved what we wanted to achieve, and laid the foundations for higher achievements next round. Surely you don't expect me to list all our plans for Round 16? The benefits aren't shown in Sandmans. The benefits are to VGN's command and to its members in all the areas I already mentioned.

Long-term, lokken, long-term. Stop looking at individual rounds and look at the next few rounds - and think about how an alliance might position itself for those rounds.
That famous long term strategy of affiliating yourself in a long term relationship with an alliance that intermittently plays rounds.

Or the massive technicalities of learning how to pick targets in a channel.

Or tying yourself to a mast that only gets you more incoming in the long term.

Really impressive.

As for ND's military strategy in r15 for the last 3 weeks, there isn't much of a defence for any of it, so I wouldn't mention it, and wouldn't bother. ND lost its chance to win at some point between Dec 9-11, from what i calculated. Although the amount of stupid losses of fleet after that can't have helped.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 15:23   #198
furball

What long term relationship, lokken? There is none. Round 15 has been and gone.

My comment about VGN positioning itself for rounds 16/17 had nothing to do with eXil, and had far far more to do with other things which I'm not going to talk about here. I'm not going to start baring the innards of VGN on AD, and quite why you expect me to is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
ND lost its chance to win at some point between Dec 9-11, from what i calculated.
No, I'd say ND lost any real chance of winning when it pulled out of the eXil gangbang and started hitting Angels instead. In doing so, ND allowed eXil to recuperate and overcome the incoming from a broken 1up. After that, it was only a matter of time until they caught up with ND.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 16:22   #199
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
What long term relationship, lokken? There is none. Round 15 has been and gone.

My comment about VGN positioning itself for rounds 16/17 had nothing to do with eXil, and had far far more to do with other things which I'm not going to talk about here. I'm not going to start baring the innards of VGN on AD, and quite why you expect me to is beyond me.

No, I'd say ND lost any real chance of winning when it pulled out of the eXil gangbang and started hitting Angels instead. In doing so, ND allowed eXil to recuperate and overcome the incoming from a broken 1up. After that, it was only a matter of time until they caught up with ND.
So actually, you've got no answer that a NAP with exilition actually gave you any real benefit in the long term. Thanks for confirming that. I'm pleased you've admitted this.

ND sadly was in a position where it was faced with two sides from day 1 and it's easier to make a gamble (ending 1up and Angels' prospects) for 1st and 2nd, than a gamble (ending exilition's) which gets you anywhere from 1st to 4th potentially. Obviously, if we had taken sides, we don't even start to discuss the potential of a #1 position, because then we make quality a higher determining factor in game. ND played an independent game and to play that game you need a class BC turning up day in day out (ND had Gate, who can only manage part time) and a key 4-5 individuals to hold everything together throughout the round. You still need military teeth to achieve anything with such huge amounts of competition. ND couldn't form it's own block, because to succeed, it needed to maximise the number of targets it can hit because everyone else in the top 4 or 5 is stronger, as being locked in to a war for more than a few days for a good length of the round is pretty suicidal.

The only way out for ND was a military one, and the lack of preparation and any real tactics in that battle is what cost us. Politics can only get you so far in planetarion, you can't win by politics alone, you need to be a hard alliance. The military collapse on behalf of ND was actually more spectacular than people think, and that some ND would like to admit. The fact that the round was won by only 4 days shows that our strategy politically was pretty canny. The key to planetarion being won and lost was in our shambolic performance. Even so we still finished 2nd. Had we been able to perform, I'm confident we could have frustrated exilition enough to run down the clock and waste enough time, despite them being an inherently superior alliance with the weight of numbers.

What ND does in the future however, is entirely open to question. There may be a different solution to future rounds.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 16:26   #200
Spetzer
Just a *****

Spetzer is infamous around these partsSpetzer is infamous around these parts

You can all call me stupid , as i just watched 4 page´s of this crap I´m bretty new reading the Forums but this thread is the worst 1 this far. Nothing against the starter nice try tho.

Last edited by Spetzer; 2 Jan 2006 at 16:41.
Closed Thread