User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Dec 2005, 21:25   #1
Rocklobster[Dok]
Victuri te Salutant

Rocklobster[Dok] is an unknown quantity at this point
Exile votes

Bring back the old system so we can exile the inactives at once. 48h is way too long to wait.

Rock

A regular day on the lego server:
<Alf> We are Gren's bitches.. we should be proud to hump his legs
<Alf> wanna swap legs Nexus?
<Alf> This leg of Gren is smooth.. but I like some hair now
<Nexus> sure m8
<Nexus> i want the shaven now
Rocklobster[Dok] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2005, 21:35   #2
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts
Re: Exile votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster[Dok]
Bring back the old system so we can exile the inactives at once. 48h is way too long to wait.

I agree with you...having to wait 48hours really does suck...

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 00:17   #3
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

i'd suggest moving it down to 24hrs - 1 day is more than enough to get on irc or prove activity.

the most annoying thing is the newly created planets which take 72hrs to kick which is absolutely ridiculous imo

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 07:31   #4
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

tbh i have no problem with 48 hours

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 09:01   #5
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

24h would be enough

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 10:08   #6
Death666

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

24 hours is good....just do something about the 72hour period for the noobs....the 72hours should be taken down to 48 hours...

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 10:37   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

why on earth are they n00bs becuase they are new planets, thats really a good attitude for growing the game

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 11:27   #8
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
why on earth are they n00bs becuase they are new planets, thats really a good attitude for growing the game
unpaid, not active in game and on irc
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 11:59   #9
Death666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
unpaid, not active in game and on irc
Yes...the people like that piss me off....why would you sign up and then not play...its just a waste of their time and our resources when we kick them out...im sure you could wait until PA deletes them...but then again what if you miss out on a good active player just because you never exiled them

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 18:25   #10
PoSSeSSeD

PoSSeSSeD can only hope to improve

It shouldnt cost the fund anything to exile inactives. PA allocate somebody into my gal and I have to pay to get rid of them? Not right.
Unread 3 Dec 2005, 19:54   #11
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I tend to agree with Kal. Also new players often don't know how to play, and many (including myself way back when) have no idea what IRC is before starting this game, so how would they know to come on IRC? Giving them some time to get organized seems fair to me. If they are constantly being exiled, why would they want to become active? The forced 72 hours is a good thing, it gives them a chance to figure out if they like the game enough to play, while not getting exiled. After 72 hours if they arn't active then booting them should be an option. How will the game grow if people are constantly exiled and never get a chance to settle down and learn the game, other then in a crappy gal where no one is active. How many people would stick with a game where they get constant incomming and no one teaches them how to play? With all of this in mind 72 hours seems very fair for new players, and 48 hours for players who have been exiled into a new galaxy.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 00:31   #12
Death666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
I tend to agree with Kal. Also new players often don't know how to play, and many (including myself way back when) have no idea what IRC is before starting this game, so how would they know to come on IRC? Giving them some time to get organized seems fair to me. If they are constantly being exiled, why would they want to become active? The forced 72 hours is a good thing, it gives them a chance to figure out if they like the game enough to play, while not getting exiled. After 72 hours if they arn't active then booting them should be an option. How will the game grow if people are constantly exiled and never get a chance to settle down and learn the game, other then in a crappy gal where no one is active. How many people would stick with a game where they get constant incomming and no one teaches them how to play? With all of this in mind 72 hours seems very fair for new players, and 48 hours for players who have been exiled into a new galaxy.

Well usually when you get a new person in you galaxy you would mail them telling them to get onto IRC and if they dont know how do you would give them details on how to register an account and were to get IRC. so there is no excuse

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 02:58   #13
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death666
Well usually when you get a new person in you galaxy you would mail them telling them to get onto IRC and if they dont know how do you would give them details on how to register an account and were to get IRC. so there is no excuse
yes there is, its called they can't always do as you want asap. some maynot be able to come IRC or find out what it is to a day or so later. Were supose to welcome and help these new planets so they stay and pay not so they wither and leave

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 14:48   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

48 hours is a good time.

But then again if they aint got the score ppl just exile them anyways no matter how long they have to wait

Your all just evul.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 07:37   #15
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

48 hours isnt enough imo

Most planets are being bounced around the universe and wont have any motivation to log in every day or even every 2 days just to find their in another new gal who doesnt give a shit about them. People need time to settle in and actually login. How many of you played every day when you first started. I certainly didnt.

I would vote to give them a nother 24 hours or another 48. Three or four days would be ideal in my personal opinion. But thats caused i dont only care about my galaxy rank i actually care about the game which isnt the case for all of you i can see.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 09:14   #16
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

24 hours is more than enough time, imho.

I am GC this round and I do not require people to join IRC right away when they joined the galaxy, but what really pisses me off is when they do not even reply to ingame mails when their planet is marked online on galaxy status!

Exiling everyone who doesnt have the score is definately wrong, but blaiming it only on the people which do exile those planets is wrong. A lot of trouble also rises from the new planets not showing ANY sign of life.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 18:56   #17
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
yes there is, its called they can't always do as you want asap. some maynot be able to come IRC or find out what it is to a day or so later. Were supose to welcome and help these new planets so they stay and pay not so they wither and leave
No, there is not.
You see, if they don't get irc or the game, the "mail" button isn't that hard to find, especially if it's lighting up red. If they can't get to irc they should at least have attempted to, or ask somebody else how it works. Really 90% of the times they just don't reply or don't come to irc even if they say they will.
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote