User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:04   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
3d Geometry Graphics Program?

I've got a lot of little drawings to do with spheres and planes and stuff and rather than trying to do them all by hand i wondered if there was a simple program that can draw spheres/planes/etc.

Not really looking for something massive like Maya or Bryce or whatever though....

anyone?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:09   #2
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Re: 3d Geometry Graphics Program?

At school we have something like that - I think it's called "ProDesktop" or something like that.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:33   #3
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

3dmax, although thats probably not what you're seeking
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:36   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
3dmax, although thats probably not what you're seeking
not really, i just want something to do the simple geometry, so not really lightwave, 3dsmax, maya or any of the more well known ones
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:45   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Milkshape 3D
It's a small program that is usually used for low poly models to use in games. And it can export the models to several formats too.
I haven't figured out how to mount textures on it though, if that's even possible, but it is fine for making simple shapes.
Also I don't know if it can create high poly spheres.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:59   #6
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Milkshape 3D
It's a small program that is usually used for low poly models to use in games. And it can export the models to several formats too.
I haven't figured out how to mount textures on it though, if that's even possible, but it is fine for making simple shapes.
Also I don't know if it can create high poly spheres.
cool, tis what i was looking for but how do i do lines?

i have boxes, spehere, etc but can't find how to make a simple line
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:01   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
cool, tis what i was looking for but how do i do lines?

i have boxes, spehere, etc but can't find how to make a simple line
eh... dunno.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:23   #8
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Made one of those as a school assignment, but it was supposed to be written in SML, and have a text file input, so it's probably not very useful...
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:26   #9
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

I havn't used the program myself, but i would guess that being a 3D renderer it would need 3 Dimensional shapes.

Therefore, a line is out, although a very narrow cylinder / oblong would hopefully suffice..
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 19:56   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bryce isn't particularly heavy-weight.