User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Feb 2006, 20:26   #51
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Angels/NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
So how many are laughing at Kargools post preround??

Congrats are in order 1up, gg...

another round relying on other allies to fail, never goes wrong does it

I like the fact that in that thread members of 1up made sure to hail DoS as a very dangerous and extremly competitive alliance..
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 20:50   #52
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough

Newdawn would like to say

No Comment ;p

In this matter....

The people of Newdawn have spoken
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 21:10   #53
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADA
Newdawn would like to say

No Comment ;p

In this matter....

The people of Newdawn have spoken
You forgot the obligatory pony reference {or at least sheep or mashed potatos}
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 21:32   #54
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
So as many predicted pre-round, 1up have a tasty lead. Subh attempted to take them down, and now look what happened to them. At present, there are only 3 realistic possible victors. 1up, NewDawn, Angels.

Everybody agrees (well except maybe Kj) that 1up are the best, and ND and Angels are a little behind and of a similar standard. NewDawn and Angels both have a fair bit of history and bad blood. But unless they do something very very soon, 1up will be at a stage where they are unstoppable. The only alliance that has beaten 1up so far is eXilition, and they showed the only way to do it. Keep pounding 1up. It's not rocket science, its just giving them night after night after night of heavy incs.

1up have approached many alliances in an attempt to make victory easier, but right now, they will run away with it unless ND and Angels can stop being stupid, work together, maybe even get a 3rd alliance involved to bring 1up back to an acceptable lesson.

1up wont be alone, and you will also have any nights, the other option though, is to do nothing and let them win and then they will completely twat you both whilst bringing ascendancy upto 2nd.

NewDawn: Stop living up to your reputation, you have been clever politically many times, and once again despite probably having a worse memberbase than other alliances, you find yourself above them. However, sometimes the only option is to fight. If you don't, 2nd is the best you can aim for once more.

Angels: Remember that post I made on here a while ago saying it doesnt matter who your HC is, you're all shit? Well here is the chance to prove me wrong. But even if you do try to stop 1up, you need to ensure your member discipline is far better than it was in R15.

What will happen next? Keep it interesting and at least try to win please?
Ironic that such preaching should come from DLR; with no def fleets in their arsenal (which makes them crap galmates etc etc) they're pretty selfish. We could all get our averages up if we three fleeted all the time.

Why rally the troops to hit 1up? Sounds bitter tbh, I think ND and Angels are capable of hitting us without your advice.
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 21:34   #55
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Who have we approached? 3rd party to get involved? Do they need that? Are you promoting blocking all of a sudden? What's an 'acceptable lesson?'

Such alliances are far less stupid than your post.
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 21:42   #56
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
Who have we approached? 3rd party to get involved? Do they need that? Are you promoting blocking all of a sudden? What's an 'acceptable lesson?'

You would think that wouldnt you but it's a tactic 1up (and ND) have used in the past, although probably better executed ;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 21:54   #57
Virall
The Scareh Clown

which tactic?

Specifics on these forums are a rarity.
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 22:39   #58
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:

I have ALWAYS been pro blocking to an extent. Completely solo rounds are boring. Rounds with fluid blocks are interesting. For boring, see R11, for interesting, see R15. overblocking is bad, see R15.

This round will be BORING if 1up just ease to victory. fact.

As for DLR preaching, its a DLR member, not DLR as a whole. And just because we dont build many def ships, doesnt mean we arent good gal mates, receiving Barghests, Wyverns and Dragons are some of the best in gal ships going.
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 22:51   #59
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I have ALWAYS been pro blocking to an extent. Completely solo rounds are boring. Rounds with fluid blocks are interesting. For boring, see R11, for interesting, see R15. overblocking is bad, see R15.
Can please you edit that so it makes sense?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 22:53   #60
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

It makes sense.
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 22:57   #61
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Ironic that such preaching should come from DLR; with no def fleets in their arsenal (which makes them crap galmates etc etc) they're pretty selfish. We could all get our averages up if we three fleeted all the time.
Harpy 375.

HAH!1*

Quote:
Why rally the troops to hit 1up? Sounds bitter tbh, I think ND and Angels are capable of hitting us without your advice.
To be fair, it didn't really seem like Angels or ND were taking the initiative. Which is what an alliance has to do to win. 1up are unarguably the best alliance playing this round of planetarion, and it will take more than one other alliance to bring them down. If the alliances **** around, like the hydra/insomnia/LCH 'block' round 14, the same thing is going to happen again, and 1up are going to win. I for one want to see an interesting round, with lots of big fights and the likes (Without the downside of me having to get up at silly times ) and fish appears to share this. But, I want ND to win too. *waves a pony*

*But best of all are the xands who keep donating frigates to my galmates. I don't need to be that unselfish when my planet has supplied my gal with at least 300k bonus value, more when you consider the new immunity to CO those ziks have gained
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 23:00   #62
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
It makes sense.
r15 was interesting, but overblocking was bad, so see r15? Please add more information for those of us who only followed that round at a safe distance.
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 23:05   #63
The_Fish
ND

Apologies. For overblocking, see R13.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 01:59   #64
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Harpy 375.

HAH!1*

To be fair, it didn't really seem like Angels or ND were taking the initiative. Which is what an alliance has to do to win. 1up are unarguably the best alliance playing this round of planetarion, and it will take more than one other alliance to bring them down. If the alliances **** around, like the hydra/insomnia/LCH 'block' round 14, the same thing is going to happen again, and 1up are going to win. I for one want to see an interesting round, with lots of big fights and the likes (Without the downside of me having to get up at silly times ) and fish appears to share this. But, I want ND to win too. *waves a pony*

*But best of all are the xands who keep donating frigates to my galmates. I don't need to be that unselfish when my planet has supplied my gal with at least 300k bonus value, more when you consider the new immunity to CO those ziks have gained
Wrong to a certain extent. They have hit us this round. 1up were neutral going in to the round, believe it or not they were at the beggining of last round. We respond to incs like any other alliance.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 02:47   #65
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

Hmm all very intresting, however we (ND) have been catching up on 1up slowly admitadly, and if ND were to attept to bash on 1up, then the best that can happen is for 1up to go 2nd nd to go 3rd, theres lots of time left ppl's fleet getting bigger, it can swing either way. This is the best part of PA, no one can forcast whats going to happen with alliance helping each other etc, im sure thell be some big twists playing out soon
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 04:21   #66
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
i thought atleast every top alliance plays to win and not anything less, or you tomkat already settle for #2 #3 when there is still chances to win?
Yes, I personally am settling for #2 #3 Max. Can't you see the little TomKat alliance rocking around in 2nd place, complete with 1 member?
If I was an alliance in a comfortable 2nd place position, and the risk was very high to be able to get to #1 (with potential loss of going below rank 5), I'd probably stick there.

But then I'm not very risk-loving.

On a separate note, I think people need to realise that Fish isn't representing DLR or is in command there. Just because he's talking rubbish doesn't mean all of DLR agrees with him :P
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 04:28   #67
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I like the fact that in that thread members of 1up made sure to hail DoS as a very dangerous and extremly competitive alliance..

They didn't do nuthin' wrong in that - DoS was a very good alliance..

Some very unlucky factors for them brought them down (some really idiotic things aswell)

They had their chans removed.
Most players were playing both PiA and PA, I think that played a major role when they decided to disband, mostly they were focused on PiA as they were unlucky with some formalities and when things first started going bad it was easier just playing that other game.

The worst case scenario I saw with DoS was mah exilition bois deffing their ass of for the whinestry ego wh0res, and tbh I'm more happy with this ending then if that would have been the result..

No offence ministreeeeh1!11 but our bois do def more then u slackers :P

Also keep in mind this round was pushed forward with almost a month - left alot of things unprepared, as well as most of their players had v little sleep already due to pia's start only 4 days before..

No excuses, I wasnt part of DoS but this is what really happened - and you'd be a fool to ignore the power DoS would have had if they started off ok..

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 04:49   #68
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

This round will be BORING if 1up just ease to victory. fact.

As for DLR preaching, its a DLR member, not DLR as a whole. And just because we dont build many def ships, doesnt mean we arent good gal mates, receiving Barghests, Wyverns and Dragons are some of the best in gal ships going.

I agree with you 110% on your initial post - EXilition were constantly hitting 1up even when they was 5th/6th posistion to keep em down, and the allies today expect everything to go by itself - gues what? IT WON'T11!!!!

and some nights of hitting isnt really considered a war, I'd like to see any of the current alliances going into a 24/7 war effort with 1up like EX did.
They need constant hitting till atleast both Angels\ND have passed em, by a nicer margin.. because guess what?

1up got better command
1up got better members
.. and 1up knows what it takes to win.. I have enormous amounts of respect for the command structure they have.

They need to be taken now - and I wouldn't give up as soon as they start crumble abit and it looks abit dull being 1up and all that - because guess fkn what they'll ****in outroid your asses.... again..

Take the necessary measures now, or let them win... I'm not telling you what to do - I'm just pushing the facts you know but dont dare do shits about up in yer face..

C'mon guys - PA isnt really about winning - its about making the winnner deserve to win - give'm a fight damnit..

Biggest respect for Subh, atleast they had balls to try and I have hardly seen a mention of them, and all that their exi etc is pure bullshit.. they have a max of 8-10 earlier exils, with infact I think only one holding an officer posistion - and whereas I have counted atleast 2-3 of them are reaaaally inactive tits..

Subh - The rise of loyalty, honor and dedication..

And here I was thinking we played for fun,
but I guess it was really all about making an ok finnish in the end so nobody would call you an idiot...

we'd remember if u tryed, don't ya know?

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 08:58   #69
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

No excuses, I wasnt part of DoS but this is what really happened - and you'd be a fool to ignore the power DoS would have had if they started off ok..
Sorry. I did ignore them, and they did kind of dissapear.. but whatev floats your boat..
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 11:13   #70
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
which tactic?

Specifics on these forums are a rarity.
I thought that would be clear in relation to the quote i took from you. :/

Basically, Alliance HCs are sometimes stupid enough to believe the hype on ADs and such propaganda has been used by 1up/ND in the past. Not that there's anything wrong with that tactic!
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 11:40   #71
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
I thought that would be clear in relation to the quote i took from you. :/

Basically, Alliance HCs are sometimes stupid enough to believe the hype on ADs and such propaganda has been used by 1up/ND in the past. Not that there's anything wrong with that tactic!
I refute that claim!!!!

It's not propoganda, it's a subtle representation of the truth

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 13:10   #72
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I think ND or Angels would very much like to "win".

The problem is that if one of them tries on their own initiative (with other alliances) the other will do everything in their power to stop them or try to take advantage of an easy target.

I am of the view that even if ND and Angels resolved their differences, it just wouldn't work, because of a few choice individuals who are lacking in the diplomacy department.

So the whole point of either of them winning is moot.
I wrote a huge reply then my internet died. :|

Anyway: Maybe I should've underlined 'collective.' I don't think winning as an alliance is prioritised in the right way by enough of the members in either group. That's partly a memberbase issue (recruitment/ever-present groups/self-obsessed individuals) and a HC guidance issue (every decision they do or don't make).
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 16:46   #73
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
That I know of, DLR, reinVENted, NewDawn.

edit: and its obvious they are already working with ascendancy.
1. Yes, 1up are working with Ascendancy.
2. DLR and Ascendancy plan to merge near end of round to become the #1 alliance.

The above two statements are equally truthful.

P.S. who the heck are Reinvented? I couldn't even name a single member of theirs - let alone try to make a deal with them.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 17:01   #74
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Now that plans A and B have been exposed, we're going to have to fall back to merging with Angels
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 17:29   #75
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Where did I claim alliances havent targetted 1up or co-operated so far? But looking at them, Subh tried hard but ultimately failed, LCH well its pretty obvious about them and Angels removed 19 members because they were inactive.
*snip*
And again you have no idea
Don't state things about LCH you got no idea about.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 17:38   #76
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Now that plans A and B have been exposed, we're going to have to fall back to merging with Angels
My horrorscope was right when it predicted I would experience a moment of pure terror today
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 18:19   #77
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
And again you have no idea
Don't state things about LCH you got no idea about.
What did I state about LCH?

**** all. But I will state something about them because of your reply.

LCH are ****ing shit.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 18:20   #78
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
2. DLR and Ascendancy plan to merge near end of round to become the #1 alliance.

P.S. who the heck are Reinvented? I couldn't even name a single member of theirs - let alone try to make a deal with them.
Maybe I got them confused with VGN then, similar name tbh.

And part 2 has been discussed.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 18:38   #79
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
LCH well its pretty obvious about them.
Looks like mentioning LCH to me

Quote:
But I will state something about them because of your reply.

LCH are ****ing shit.
Get over it m8
At least i don't hear gal members of LCH ppl complain about them Not like I hear a lot of ppl complain about your 3 fleeting buddies who don't lift a finger for the gal (there are allways exceptions)
#multihunters
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 18:41   #80
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid

Just to clarify, no, we have nothing to do with anyone. And Sid, just incase you'd forgotten, this is why I left 1up last round...

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 18:41   #81
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Looks like mentioning LCH to me
Dude, comprehending English is a minimum for posting on AD. Fish didn't state anything about LCH in his original post, and he didn't deny mentioning them.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 18:57   #82
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Dude, comprehending English is a minimum for posting on AD. Fish didn't state anything about LCH in his original post, and he didn't deny mentioning them.
Whatever
#multihunters
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 19:22   #83
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Sorry. I did ignore them, and they did kind of dissapear.. but whatev floats your boat..
A functional DOS would be fighting for #1 - you wouldn't so I guess your point is valid

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 19:25   #84
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
A functional DOS would be fighting for #1 - you wouldn't so I guess your point is valid
A functional DOS would disband after 2 weeks.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 19:31   #85
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
A functional DOS would disband after 2 weeks.
How do you know? Did u ever catch a functional DOS? ;P

A rather vague prediction I'd say as they never had the chance to prove themselves.

And becides, deffing the first 2 weeks was almost worthless with the increase of armour..

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 19:35   #86
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I still cant see how the alliance could work. A command which were unknown and unproven, an alliance recruited from ******** players and exiltion players, a mix of two groups of people who on the whole dont like each other. They were just playing there because they were asked too, it was a free round and they had no where else to go. It was doomed from day one, although the comedy and speed at the way it failed suprised even myself.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 19:47   #87
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I still cant see how the alliance could work. A command which were unknown and unproven, an alliance recruited from ******** players and exiltion players, a mix of two groups of people who on the whole dont like each other. They were just playing there because they were asked too, it was a free round and they had no where else to go. It was doomed from day one, although the comedy and speed at the way it failed suprised even myself.
A command doesn't need to be proven before to do a good job, the only compatible command this round is in 1up, if new people wouldnt start making commands, there is no wonder why its getting fewer and fewer allies around.

And where did u get that bs from?
You saying Ministry and EXil dont like eachother, then I'm presuming you consider EXil as earlier Drags\LDK, sure we've been enemies quite a few times over the years in different games, but I've never seen such pwnage as the round when Drags/Whinestry was a block in PIA - and as far as I know everything was well executed from top level and the round was won in less then a week.

Plainly they were unlucky, and I'd expect that IRcops would have a greater understanding on whats going on on this network then they actually do.

You don't need a command with great achievements in the past, simply one that acts and reacts to the playing field and most of all isn't scared to _TRY_ - cause in the end, its trying its all about.

As complete ownage as when Ministry joined Ð as a bg in pia is hard to find anywhere else. They worked very well together, and I see no reason they wouldn't here if it was done right.

I'm sure every DOS player was happy to be there - it was a nice community seeing as most of them already played against eachother in PiA.

So tbh I still fail to see your point, sorry..

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 19:47   #88
SkyHead

doublepost, soz.

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 19:55   #89
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

All intresting points about DOS not sure how i feel about it all, however im intrested to see what happens with ND and 1up, curious what ND can do, surely something has to be done letting 1up get away seems poor , admitadly ND raids over the last 2 days have been more sucessful with higer score and roid gain. So maybe ND plan to play safe and not go offensive on 1up is working, the next question to consider would be what would happen if ND got very close to 1up what would they do??

Oh well all will be seen soon hopefully.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:12   #90
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
All intresting points about DOS not sure how i feel about it all, however im intrested to see what happens with ND and 1up, curious what ND can do, surely something has to be done letting 1up get away seems poor , admitadly ND raids over the last 2 days have been more sucessful with higer score and roid gain. So maybe ND plan to play safe and not go offensive on 1up is working, the next question to consider would be what would happen if ND got very close to 1up what would they do??

Oh well all will be seen soon hopefully.
My bet

ND actually thinks their outroiding while 1up really just had a bunch more incs then they've had.
ND thinks their woaah great.
ND is shit.
ND doesn't dare do anything about 1up and would rather focuse on beating Angels in the belief that it'll prove that their better, whilst it really rather proves the opposite.
Becaues atleast Angels made a try, even tho it was lame
tbh thats called attacking, offending the enemaaaah... just don't call it war, PLEASE..

Winwin situation for 1up - 1up r0x and doesn't have to do anything more in particular to win.

gg 1up, sure its a free round, but still a round and u won it....
just dont come comparing this round to anything else tho, most boring round I've ever been part of..

Stakes are 25% at my planet, for 25% at yours..
( IF I'm not allowed to do this, it was a joke )

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:21   #91
aestuos
No Alliance

1 quick question

how can you say ND are shit?

there second by a fair amount 2nd if u missed that any alliance finishing top 3 are obviously doing something right. Thats like saying the top 10 planets are all crap except for #1.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:22   #92
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't often agree with SkyHead, but most of the above post is true
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:25   #93
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
My bet

ND actually thinks their outroiding while 1up really just had a bunch more incs then they've had.
ND thinks their woaah great.
ND is shit.
ND doesn't dare do anything about 1up and would rather focuse on beating Angels in the belief that it'll prove that their better, whilst it really rather proves the opposite.
Becaues atleast Angels made a try, even tho it was lame
tbh thats called attacking, offending the enemaaaah... just don't call it war, PLEASE..

get yout facts right before u go posting a heap of crap
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:29   #94
pig
1up on you

Quote:
A command doesn't need to be proven before to do a good job
True but it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhead
And where did u get that bs from?
From what members have told me and what has been said on these very boards.

Quote:
You saying Ministry and EXil dont like eachother
One reason why the ministry bg played in angels last round.

Quote:
then I'm presuming you consider EXil as earlier Drags\LDK
Yes I do.

Quote:
sure we've been enemies quite a few times over the years in different games, but I've never seen such pwnage as the round when Drags/Whinestry was a block in PIA - and as far as I know everything was well executed from top level and the round was won in less then a week.
I remember that round in pia quite well. One of the reasons is that I was a member of the battlegroup Fetish (they gained the top planets and top galaxy iirc) in pia (I didnt roid with them as I was elysium, but I did hang around in the bg chan.) and from memory there was alot of hatred between Dragons and Ministry, most will confirm this. Yes you performed well, but when you stopped defending and attacking each other and come the end of the ticks Dragons HC (lizardking iirc) ordered an attack on the fetish top gal then I would hardly call that friendly. I wont deny they did well together but both sides certainly regretted it as they hated each other and that round regardless of the win confirmed such hatred between both groups.

Quote:
Plainly they were unlucky
It appears so.

Quote:
and I'd expect that IRcops would have a greater understanding on whats going on on this network then they actually do.
I doubt ircops hang around reading there private chans.

Quote:
You don't need a command with great achievements in the past, simply one that acts and reacts to the playing field and most of all isn't scared to _TRY_ - cause in the end, its trying its all about.
True and true, and props to them for trying but they failed and left circa 50 people without an alliance.

Quote:
As complete ownage as when Ministry joined Ð as a bg in pia is hard to find anywhere else. They worked very well together, and I see no reason they wouldn't here if it was done right.
Read above

Quote:
I'm sure every DOS player was happy to be there - it was a nice community seeing as most of them already played against eachother in PiA.
If It was so great then why did it fail.

Quote:
So tbh I still fail to see your point, sorry..
No problems, my point was that it was an alliance set to fail, from the members through to the command.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:29   #95
SkyHead

1 1up 39995 53 2,240,777 118,761,202
2 NewDawn 33596 54 2,054,228 110,928,360
3 Angels 33732 53 1,887,086 100,015,607
4 Vengeance 23268 64 1,499,158 95,946,125
5 TGV 28384 60 1,542,959 92,577,550

1up have had their share of incs, still their rank1 - well deserved.
Angels have had some beatings from 1up, and we're involved with a "war" on
VgN for only few days.

What did ND do?
And I'm asking becaues I honestly don't know, I think I got a pretty accurate idea tho

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:40   #96
aestuos
No Alliance

And your getting at what?? did u want ND to go to war withevery1 why not stay out and maintain roids and value? seems like a good idea to me and low and behold their second. Seems to have worked fine so far

or not
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:50   #97
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
True but it helps.

From what members have told me and what has been said on these very boards.

One reason why the ministry bg played in angels last round.

Yes I do.

I remember that round in pia quite well. One of the reasons is that I was a member of the battlegroup Fetish (they gained the top planets and top galaxy iirc) in pia (I didnt roid with them as I was elysium, but I did hang around in the bg chan.) and from memory there was alot of hatred between Dragons and Ministry, most will confirm this. Yes you performed well, but when you stopped defending and attacking each other and come the end of the ticks Dragons HC (lizardking iirc) ordered an attack on the fetish top gal then I would hardly call that friendly. I wont deny they did well together but both sides certainly regretted it as they hated each other and that round regardless of the win confirmed such hatred between both groups.

It appears so.

I doubt ircops hang around reading there private chans.

True and true, and props to them for trying but they failed and left circa 50 people without an alliance.

Read above

If It was so great then why did it fail.

No problems, my point was that it was an alliance set to fail, from the members through to the command.
Ðrags\Whinestry are very different in playing styles, I must admit Whinestry got one hell of a bunch of good players - their attacking is ****in whoopin', and their style would fit PA very well as it is now.
Ð are great on attack, but also more focused on deffing its members, I think I'm not stepping on any toes when I'm saying Ð members got a far different policy view(from player to player) on the very thing that needs to be done - sending defence.

Did you ever come to think that Ministry gained the roids and we're whooping, whilst Ð might have deffed a tad more..
Which might have annoyed liz to launch an attack on that Fetish gal ( I know your great players, but I dont think any of you'd reach top def point list in EXil thats for sure )

Some individual players might have problems with eachother, but on an ally basis you'd find that many D's got quite a fair amount of Ministry friends, and vice versa.

And you people still thinking EXil is Ð\LDK is rather amusing, our channel currently holds 40 nicks, where I counted max 10nicks which actually earlier was either Ð \ LDK, and the % doesn't increase the more nicks the join, it actually decreases.

Why Whinestry choose Angels over us, I have no idea about why\how - but I know it'd be a power to strong if they had joined us, becides we were full and running over with applicants.

I've given small fractures of hints towards why DOS failed earlier in this thread, if your really interested, just look it up.
I'll give three keypoints though.

x Round moved almost a month - lack of organization in time.
(They can't be blamed for this, they had a time schedule, PA simply erased it)
x IRCOps IRCops IRCops
x ******** players \ individuals giving up to easily

I never said it was "oh so great" - but you must admit they've been unlucky and that most things turned out not eeexactly into their favour?
(Everything more or less coincidence, but many small streams makes a river or however that saying goes)

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:56   #98
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
And your getting at what?? did u want ND to go to war withevery1 why not stay out and maintain roids and value? seems like a good idea to me and low and behold their second. Seems to have worked fine so far
Planetarion is a game most people enjoy, its not up to the admins or Jolt to make the game interesting but its players and most of all the different ally HC's. I'm not saying ND should go "PHWOAR - U DIE ANGELS 1uP VGN" -
just that they could maybe pull the finger out of the ass and use the mouse button to open a PM to a certain other HC, and maybe make the game interesting again?

Do you really think anyone gives a shit about u getting 2nd every round when all u ever do is fence your way there, and hope for 1up to cnut all else oppositions because they actually dared to try and beat them?

Do you think your better, just because you didnt dare to try?

Tbfh m8, I think the opposite.

No offence to anyone involved, but c'mon ND, we've seen this to many times now.. Its getting old

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 21:10   #99
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yes, I personally am settling for #2 #3 Max. Can't you see the little TomKat alliance rocking around in 2nd place, complete with 1 member?
If I was an alliance in a comfortable 2nd place position, and the risk was very high to be able to get to #1 (with potential loss of going below rank 5), I'd probably stick there.

But then I'm not very risk-loving.

On a separate note, I think people need to realise that Fish isn't representing DLR or is in command there. Just because he's talking rubbish doesn't mean all of DLR agrees with him :P
Subh did, but I guess this is where the question of honor or no honor comes in.

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 21:12   #100
Banned
Banned

Quote:
x IRCOps IRCops IRCops
Was this NetGamers IRCops? Or on some other network?