User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 15:56   #1
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve
[Declined] Alliance nick to planet messaging/lookup

Probably not wise to allow members to look up other member coords, but how about a pm system on the alliance forum?

You click on the names and u can send an in game message, without knowing their coords. They can reply back, again just with a nick.

Might require unique nicks, or unique nick per alliance or something to identify but thats a minor issue !

ALSO:

The one button launches all (in missions page) suggestion I made a month or two ago was agreed to be wise by a member of pateam but then wasnt included, how come ?
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 16:19   #2
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Alliance nick to planet messaging/lookup

yeah, theres a couple of features i was expecting to see which aren't there

[INS]Goafer
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 18:32   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Things take time and tying to do everything at once would probably set PA back even longer
And don't know about you but I just aint that patient.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 20:09   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Features that are approved will happen - but they are not approved for specific round, we ahve arather a long back log of approved features, so things get prioritised. That said I am going to really push for clearing the back log for round 14.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 07:46   #5
Iceman
Take that

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flikman
You click on the names and u can send an in game message, without knowing their coords. They can reply back, again just with a nick.
i suppose it would be useful but is it worth the effort? any one that needs to speak to you over PA mail should know your coords, else just catch up with you later in IRC
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 11:54   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
any one that needs to speak to you over PA mail should know your coords
errrr no...

I like the idea tho of nick msging tho....
altho I would prefer just typing in names, and then a button send to someone in the alliance, and a send button for someone outside the alliance, to avoid abuse a bit

and then it should use the nicks you have filled in in the alliance menu.. every1 should have unique nicks then..

This would be nice, but I dont need this at all
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 19:03   #7
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
errrr no...

altho I would prefer just typing in names, and then a button send to someone in the alliance, and a send button for someone outside the alliance, to avoid abuse a bit

and then it should use the nicks you have filled in in the alliance menu.. every1 should have unique nicks then...
yeah that sounds fine

[INS]Goafer
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 19:48   #8
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

I find it a bad idea.
A. Alliances don't use the ingame system that much
B. Alliance members are on IRC so can be left a message there or on the private forums.
C. Letting all members see ALL nicks of members ingame makes life for spies soooo much easier and i doubt most alliances would like that
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 22:16   #9
Iceman
Take that

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
A. Alliances don't use the ingame system that much
B. Alliance members are on IRC so can be left a message there or on the private forums.
C. Letting all members see ALL nicks of members ingame makes life for spies soooo much easier and i doubt most alliances would like that
bang on ace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
errrr no...
errrr yes, for example if you are in an attack with someone in your alliance and they want to tell you to recall they can jgp and get your coords... ive never had a problem with getting messages ontime, through the ingame system or IRC
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 00:10   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

this is a bad idea - declined

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread