User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 May 2009, 18:13   #1
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about
xVx #1..... impressive

I didnt ever expect to see it, now unless things change since i have posted this thread then i was wrong. But can xVx now hold the spot???
Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 18:31   #2
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Re: xVx #1..... impressive

Yes, they can. But them getting #1 has been coming for a couple of days.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 20:03   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsGrowl View Post
I didnt ever expect to see it, now unless things change since i have posted this thread then i was wrong. But can xVx now hold the spot???
Calling it impressive is just like saying that a republican candidate winning Alaska is a surprise.
Unread 21 May 2009, 20:08   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Depends , last time they were ranked #1 rock took them down but they didnt have cardi and the ldk bg the last time , also a lot will depend on how the rank whores in the bg's react they may view xvx as softer targets than asc with higher gains from xvx
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 20:22   #5
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Calling it impressive is just like saying that a republican candidate winning Alaska is a surprise.
Kargrool dont be a bitter swine all ya life. Well done xVx, they have done well considering the pure shiteness of there previous few rounds performances. Just because Ascendancy are not on top doesn't mean another alliance should not deserve the right to be there!

Although I guess Asc are getting slightly more incommings

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 20:27   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
I guess Asc are getting slightly more incommings
Seriously have you ever considered a career in comedy ?
Unread 21 May 2009, 23:25   #7
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

The change has begun, they've only been king for a day and they've already got threads being started about them!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 23:40   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i heard a rumour that it is xVx's plan to ruin PA for every man woman child and bot
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:27   #9
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
i heard a rumour that it is xVx's plan to ruin PA for every man woman child and bot
I heard the same about Asc

I still think Asc will win

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:57   #10
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Although I guess Asc are getting slightly more incommings
This is true, although all that matters is #1 at the end of play. Anything else is irrelevant.

Can they hold it? Perhaps. We all know how fickle the world of spreadsheet politics is.

[Edit] Spelling fail.
Unread 22 May 2009, 14:30   #11
[ND]Disc

[ND]Disc has a spectacular aura about[ND]Disc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Depends , last time they were ranked #1 rock took them down but they didnt have cardi and the ldk bg the last time , also a lot will depend on how the rank whores in the bg's react they may view xvx as softer targets than asc with higher gains from xvx
You couldn't be more bitter if you tried Gzambo.

"Rank whores in bg's" are the ones that have been taking the fight to Ascendancy, hitting targets with 1.8millish value and 400ish roids, with teamups of 3-4, gaining 30 or 40 roids each! Just for the greater good of the round.

Its not so much that they want good ranks, just when you get a good core of players, rank obviously comes with it (generally). I myself joined DLR because I liked the people, and I wanted a round where I would have people around me who i know I can 100% count on.

I also find it quite hilarious that Ascendancy are classing BG's as "rank whores", seeing as you've recruited about 60 members over the last two rounds who have joined Ascendancy not because they like them, or think theyre uber cool. They've joined them for an easy ride, a haven where they know that they will more than likely get a fair bit of defence, and more than likely finish #1.

Lastly if the "rank whores" in the BG's had any sense, they'd carry on hitting Ascendancy for atleast another week or two. I doubt xVx would target a BG as that would be idiotic and greedy, and I doubt the BGs would p-target xVx any time soon because it would undermine what theyve done this round.
[ND]Disc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 15:52   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Disc View Post
Just for the greater good of the round.
Heroes.

Quote:
I also find it quite hilarious that Ascendancy are classing BG's as "rank whores", seeing as you've recruited about 60 members over the last two rounds who have joined Ascendancy not because they like them, or think theyre uber cool. They've joined them for an easy ride, a haven where they know that they will more than likely get a fair bit of defence, and more than likely finish #1.
Thus far, we have kicked exactly one person who emo'd and quit. There isn't a doubt on my mind that we'll lose some more idiots, but 60 is a gross exaggeration.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 17:43   #13
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Reread what i wrote disc i said the rank whores in the bg's meaning that their are such people within the bg's , i wasnt implying that everyone in the bg's was a rank whore . Ps thanks for exiling me was suprised you would choose to exile someone who deffed ingal but thats your choice
Unread 22 May 2009, 18:46   #14
The-One

The-One is infamous around these parts

um what's the difference between a BG (battle group?) as compared to an alliance?

also who's cardi / ldk?
The-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2009, 19:01   #15
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
"Rank whores in bg's" are the ones that have been taking the fight to Ascendancy, hitting targets with 1.8millish value and 400ish roids, with teamups of 3-4, gaining 30 or 40 roids each! Just for the greater good of the round.
Evil is not a trait unique to Ascendancy
I expect u will find that one hegemon is much the same as another, Asc will be demolished to the point it cant challenge xVx; and then you find urselves in exactly the same position you would have been in had asc won, only the name changes.
Unread 22 May 2009, 20:43   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-One View Post
um what's the difference between a BG (battle group?) as compared to an alliance?
There used to be a real difference, but nowadays, in this context, a BG is just a small alliance.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 22 May 2009, 20:50   #17
[ND]Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Reread what i wrote disc i said the rank whores in the bg's meaning that their are such people within the bg's , i wasnt implying that everyone in the bg's was a rank whore . Ps thanks for exiling me was suprised you would choose to exile someone who deffed ingal but thats your choice
I think you were suggesting that, because it would be quite hard for 2-3 out of 35-40 members to change tactics of a whole BG, and target fat targets.

No problem about the exile. Can't believe you were such a girl, crying because you went onto "wanted" instead of "trusted" for one night while the galaxy had Asc incs, it was only so we could post trusted bcalcs on forums, yet you come along with "i can't believe u dont trust me", no I didn't.

As for mz's "60s a gross exageration". Maybe slightly, but I wouldn't say much. By the way I can think of two people quickly off the top of my head who joined for an easy ride. eksero and reese. During Denial they hated Ascendancy, said you were all a bunch of retards. Whether times have changes or they were just wrong, they are both still with you now.
Unread 22 May 2009, 21:23   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Indeed, still with us now. I'll admit you're right as soon as they quit because it's been so hard on us this round. Until then, you're quite premature. We'll speak again at round end, I'll happily tell you how many people emoquit. I'll be surprised if the count passes 10.
Unread 22 May 2009, 21:35   #19
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

People who carry grudges in spread sheet wars are stupid. You "hated" NewDawn, yet still joined there. Venox too. Things change.
Unread 22 May 2009, 22:16   #20
[ND]Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
People who carry grudges in spread sheet wars are stupid. You "hated" NewDawn, yet still joined there. Venox too. Things change.
NewDawn didn't slag me off and say shit about me though Reese, i remember Ascendancy using very derogatory phrases in their fleet names which you cried about on countless occasions. You emo quit a few times because people from Ascendancy bullied you in channels, so much so that you basically hid in #denial.hc and #denial.priv. So please don't use that you "hated" nd bollocks, you went their for an easy ride, and Asc are annoyed at BGs because we've not given you as easy ride as you hoped at round start, and that makes you angry
Unread 22 May 2009, 22:29   #21
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Unlike now when im in tons of public channels? Gotcha!

Anyway gg xVx.
Unread 22 May 2009, 23:12   #22
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

disc will always be welcome in ND as long as i am a HC. No one else gets that guarantee!

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote