User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Oct 2011, 23:54   #1
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Reduce fr/de and cr/bs ETA to fall in line with fi/co

Too long has this injustice been allowed to continue!

I've been thinking of this for a long time, and while I haven't fully convinced myself that it's the right course of action, I'd like to open it up for discussion. Basically, a change to the current ETA system.

- Enable Research to reduce the ETA of fr/de/cr/bs by 1, and an additional 1 for cr/bs by a follow-up research.
- Remove the last two Space Travel researches, and reduce the current universal ETA by 1
- Enable another Research at the end of the tree which gives you an additional -1 to alliance defense missions.

What do I want to achieve with this?

I want to (finally) have fi/co fall in line with the other classes, giving defense two ticks to organize against it, with all ships showing up as eta 8 and defense being eta 7. Along with that, the game won't be so god awfully slow in the early stages of the game for people who go cr/bs. Fi/co will still have the upper hand in that they won't be as research dependent and have faster ETA until 300-400 ticks in.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2011, 00:02   #2
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Reduce fr/de and cr/bs ETA to fall in line with fi/co

you can remove FR/DE completely in that case (as there are too much ships targetting them in pretty much any set anyone ever come up with, but with cr/bs being slower that wasn't necessarily a problem, when cr/bs gets the same eta they'll be ****ed completely)

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2011, 01:46   #3
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Except Fr/De can then also defend vs Fi/Co.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2011, 02:02   #4
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Pro.
Unread 29 Oct 2011, 08:24   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Would be worth experimenting with
Unread 29 Oct 2011, 18:41   #6
tokath
semi-retired

tokath is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be willing to try it, maybe as a christmas round?
r4: 61.24.2 r5: 5.9.2 r6: 26.22.7 r7: 9.20.???? r8: 44:10:3 r9: 10.9.6 r9.5: 34.4.1 r42: 8.6.8 r43: 10.4.7 r44: 2.8.2 r45: 6.2.8 r46: r47:7.6.3 r48:2.5.7 r49:2.6.8 r50:4.5.4 r51: r52: r53: r54: stupidly still playing
tokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2011, 14:16   #7
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

sounds like a good idea to me

deffo worth a try

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2011, 05:17   #8
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

how about since fico are never in real or sci fi long range that htey can only be used in cluster on attack/def oooooo or ingal ofc
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2011, 06:12   #9
tokath
semi-retired

tokath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
how about since fico are never in real or sci fi long range that htey can only be used in cluster on attack/def oooooo or ingal ofc
What about star wars? x-wings can do hyperspace jumps

On a more serious note I don't see the point, might as well get rid of them unless they're going to be pretty overpowered.
r4: 61.24.2 r5: 5.9.2 r6: 26.22.7 r7: 9.20.???? r8: 44:10:3 r9: 10.9.6 r9.5: 34.4.1 r42: 8.6.8 r43: 10.4.7 r44: 2.8.2 r45: 6.2.8 r46: r47:7.6.3 r48:2.5.7 r49:2.6.8 r50:4.5.4 r51: r52: r53: r54: stupidly still playing
tokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2011, 12:01   #10
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

star wars isnt sci fi or real life ... id take the muppet babies over that fantasy crap!!!! Live long and prosper
Unread 2 Nov 2011, 12:27   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
star wars isnt sci fi or real life ... id take the muppet babies over that fantasy crap!!!! Live long and prosper
I take it that is MM's way of saying
(soz this is a really bad pun, however)

"May the Farce be with you"
Unread 2 Nov 2011, 14:39   #12
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe keep the conversation relevant to the OP. PA Team struggles as it is to read the forums, when a suggestion gets put up we can at least stay on topic. If you read something that inspires your own idea, don't put "or, instead of that idea, we could do this idea". If it's a new idea that you've put enough thought into, give it it's own thread. Otherwise, shut the hell up.
Unread 2 Nov 2011, 16:55   #13
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

you act like anything will ever actually change.
Unread 2 Nov 2011, 23:51   #14
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
you can remove FR/DE completely in that case (as there are too much ships targetting them in pretty much any set anyone ever come up with, but with cr/bs being slower that wasn't necessarily a problem, when cr/bs gets the same eta they'll be ****ed completely)
Depends on the stats, eh?

But yeh, an interesting new dynamic for the game for people to play around with! Pro!
Unread 3 Nov 2011, 19:08   #15
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

If every fleet has the same eta then cr\bs can obbviously also target fico and vice versa. If this does happen then I think we need to have some other way to distinguish between the various shipclasses, f.ex fico have lower init, crbs have higher armor etc.
Unread 8 Nov 2011, 13:58   #16
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I've wanted Unified ETA for years, but adding it through research is the icing on the cake.

Too many times Fr/DE target Fi/CO without a chance to defend outside of galaxy.

I want my Terran Battleship with 100 anti-fighter guns!

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote