User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 7 Jan 2012, 16:15   #51
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: Prelaunch and multi tick battles

the reasons this is a horrible change, in my opinion, are the following:

it makes for a more defensive universe. as attack times will be spread out, and with such a small player base this means many fewer attacks getting through. the reason it works in the favour of more hardcore players/alliances is that they will still launch at the times when pa is least active, meaning they have a much higher chance of succeeding in attacks.

none of these little changes are going to do what PA needs, and that is an increase in the player base. the only thing that will do that is some for of advertising/game promotion. until that happens this is all somewhat irrelevant.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 16:42   #52
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post

Example: If a 40 man ally (assuming all 40 are hardcore livelaunchers - which I actually doubt even exists toxday in PA) launch at 03:00 - but the remaining universe - due to new rules wait till 08:00. The attack is bound to fail due to available def fleets. Which actually means that they never would land anything.
But the 'live launchers' are still launching when the majority of PA is asleep meaning less defence available and alliance still relying on being able to wake peopel up with sms and phone calls to get defence. Where as everyone else is now launching when the majority of PA are awake (specifically within those early EU hours when people are checking the game before work and such, probably PA's most active period (6am - 10am gametime)) meaning there will be lots of bodies around to send defence and dc the calls. Remember another part of the positives of launching at 3am is that there isnt as many people online to actually DC the calls let alone defend them...

I dont so much have issue with the idea itself of shortening PL, i reckon if PA was a thriving active game then it would be a positive but we have to face facts and say its not and wont be again, all this move is really doing making attacking harder in the long run and that is something PA really doesnt need.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 16:44   #53
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

tbh, it is an illusion to think attacktimes will change much due to the removal of prelaunch. In the Pre-PL days the attacktimes were exactly the same as they are now (i dare even say that the hardcore alliances tend to launch later the past few rounds). People attack at these times because the chance you get defended against is lowest.

What it will do is require more nighttime activity (instead of only being actively awake at nights one knows they will get inc, ppl will now have to be awake EVERY night to set their attack). It's fairly easy to see that only the more hardcore alliances will be able to meet these demands. Because smaller alliances won't be able to meet these demands they will have to attack at other times when more def is around. Effectively this means members of smaller alliances will be even smaller. And smaller alliances will have even less of an impact on the political landscape, possibly even be ignored fully.

The difference between active and casual players will get bigger. Top-tier alliances/galaxies will have less interest in more casual players (as they won't be able to meet the demands of being in a top-tier alliance on a day to day basis).

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 17:18   #54
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I've tried to put this argument somewhere before but here goes.....

Making attacking easier is not the solution to PA's woes. Attacking takes very little effort - and even less social interaction.

Defence is the part of PA which involves the community and which, in the "good old days", provided the most "fun".

It follows that anything which makes defence more worthwhile should also improve the playing experience for the majority.

I realise that I've (over)simplified this reasoning but it may serve to advance the discussion.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 18:15   #55
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Thats a fair point, of course PA's social interaction is really what matters most. But as were trying to say, if attacking becomes harder then less people will do it, meaning less incommings to defend, meaning less 'fun' no?

The grudge most people have i think is that overall it wasnt broken, it had been the same way for many rounds now and no one really complained, so why change it when it doesnt do anything positive for PA apart from as Influence said drive a bigger wedge between the 'active' and 'casual' community.

I would like to ask a question to Mistwraith and hopefully she will see this and answer.

You run a 'mid teir' alliance in Howling Rain. Now realistically your alliance doesnt compete to win, the main draw is the community, the fun aspect.. a gathering of mates enjoying themselves and so on. Highlights of a round from my experience of running an alliance which was the same game level as Howling Rain would be landing on big targets and managing to get big waves to recall and so on, winning through as the underdog so to say.

Do you think that you will be able to attack as an alliance at 2-3am anymore or will you have to swap to day raids? And if you do have to swap do you think you will struggle to get the same amount of lands from it as you do with your current attack setup?

Im more intrested in how this effects the largest chunk of the paying PA community, the casual player. I cant see really how make the game so the defence improves drastically is a way to improve the game as a whole. Your just sterilising roid movement amongst the average players whilst the top end players move further way with there greater flexibility and ability in attacking.

Back to Mistwraith quickly would your alliance find an enviroment where attacks are diluted and defence coverage is taken for granted as exciting? Surely some of the fun that has people playing within Howling Rain is the uncertainity as to wether it will all end ok due to the lesser activity than the top alliances, if you take that away then why have PA at all? We might as well just all sitting in iRC channel and talk as that is all we will have left.

In conclusion if we wanted to play a sim game then we would play Farmwille or The Sims we want to play planetarion, a political war game, so stop making it harder to war!!!

PS. Im not trying to slight HR before someone chirps up, your just what i see as the perfect example of a mid teir alliance and i know Misty reads the forums and will reply
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 18:55   #56
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Remember another part of the positives of launching at 3am is that there isnt as many people online to actually DC the calls let alone defend them...
And due to this fact, and the new PL rule- we may or may not see as many launching. As it usually is available def in an ally are pooled and handled by dcs. So instead of ally x,y,z attacking ally A - only x will do so due to available ppl. Or it will be the so called "hardcore" 20% of ally x,y,z attacking at that time - the point here is that ally A (which usually is a lower ranked or bashed ally are looking at less average incs.

This is pure speculation as we havenīt tried it out yet, but I do belive bashing/blocking with coordinated attacks by 2/3 allies hitting at peak hour will be less effective. since there always will be ppl who are dependant on PL +6.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 18:59   #57
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

The grudge most people have i think is that overall it wasnt broken, it had been the same way for many rounds now and no one really complained, so why change it when it doesnt do anything positive for PA apart from as Influence said drive a bigger wedge between the 'active' and 'casual' community.
Sorry to tell you this kai - but this thread from 2006 contradicts your point here - itīs fair for you to belive it isnīt broken, but a part of the community belive it is. Try and do a search on "prelaunch" in suggestion forum - and read through the 25 pages that comes up.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 20:04   #58
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

the thread from 2006 when pa had 2 to 3 times the players???

I cant see how this change will keep players or get new ones - that has to be pa's #1 goal surely!?!

But as you say we are all speculating atm which is true so we'll see, maybe as the round wears on and some of the established alliances start to struggle, im thinking ND and CT as they have an older community which have jobs/families and wont be able to always launch at 3am if ND/CT decide to stick to it maybe, then the problems with day raiding might become more apparent. We'll see
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 23:30   #59
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Removing prelaunch will NOT cause alliances to set earlier attacks so people can go to sleep earlier and DCs can finish their work earlier.

There was a reason why PL was introduced. Attack hours have been always same even before PL was introduced. So people did not launch earlier/finish dcing earlier.
The whole PL thing was introduced on demand of the playerbase which couldn't wake up at insane times.

You are basically changing the whole game back to pre r15 (i think pl made it into the game there).

The reduced PL makes me really think about ever playing PA again as I simply can't play it in harmony with rl/work. I think limiting it was a bad idea..

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2012, 00:45   #60
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
Removing prelaunch will NOT cause alliances to set earlier attacks so people can go to sleep earlier and DCs can finish their work earlier.
Yes, in the past, before prelaunch, most top alliances chose to launch attacks at night. But this is not the past, PA today is not the same as it was 5 years ago. More importantly, the player base is not the same as it was 5 years ago. We've all gotten used to not having to wake up in the middle of the night to be able to attack. If it's choosing between attacking at different times and losing members by the bucketload, what makes you think they would pick the latter? Similarly, why do you choose to quit rather than ask your alliance launch at saner times?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2012, 06:17   #61
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Thats a fair point, of course PA's social interaction is really what matters most. But as were trying to say, if attacking becomes harder then less people will do it, meaning less incommings to defend, meaning less 'fun' no?

I would like to ask a question to Mistwraith and hopefully she will see this and answer.

You run a 'mid teir' alliance in Howling Rain. Now realistically your alliance doesnt compete to win, the main draw is the community, the fun aspect.. a gathering of mates enjoying themselves and so on. Highlights of a round from my experience of running an alliance which was the same game level as Howling Rain would be landing on big targets and managing to get big waves to recall and so on, winning through as the underdog so to say.

Do you think that you will be able to attack as an alliance at 2-3am anymore or will you have to swap to day raids? And if you do have to swap do you think you will struggle to get the same amount of lands from it as you do with your current attack setup?

Im more intrested in how this effects the largest chunk of the paying PA community, the casual player. I cant see really how make the game so the defence improves drastically is a way to improve the game as a whole. Your just sterilising roid movement amongst the average players whilst the top end players move further way with there greater flexibility and ability in attacking.

Back to Mistwraith quickly would your alliance find an enviroment where attacks are diluted and defence coverage is taken for granted as exciting? Surely some of the fun that has people playing within Howling Rain is the uncertainity as to wether it will all end ok due to the lesser activity than the top alliances, if you take that away then why have PA at all? We might as well just all sitting in iRC channel and talk as that is all we will have left.

In conclusion if we wanted to play a sim game then we would play Farmwille or The Sims we want to play planetarion, a political war game, so stop making it harder to war!!!

PS. Im not trying to slight HR before someone chirps up, your just what i see as the perfect example of a mid teir alliance and i know Misty reads the forums and will reply
Sorry only just saw this.. its getting long, i had to drag myself to read it.

Mid Tier - not an insult, i'll agree with u there
We are in discussion about what to do about the lack of long prelaunch, yes we may be changing but to what is undecided currently, its in discussion with the officers and going to an alliance vote, as to wether this change will affect our capping is an unknown, quite a few alliances have launched later .. ie 6 or 8am and its not made them suffer, but the dynamics then maybe different to what we have might now with most going out around 4 ticks earlier than that so more fleets were flying.
What we change to will be affected by what others change to if they change at all.
We'll watch the wind carefully and trim our sails accordingly.

But we will accomodate and change with this change as we have any other over our many years, were certainly not giving up, stuffing our heads into a rabbit hole or running around howling mournfully.

On the other initial subject - multiple attack ticks, the coding for that is well and truly gone and i for 1 do NOT miss it at all, it required complicated calcing for landings and having to actually be there at landing times, it wasnt fun it was a mathematical pain in the tail !
Anyone who does miss it has their rose coloured spectacles of time on and should take them off and REALLY remember it all and clearly.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2012, 08:13   #62
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I for one welcome this change
Unread 8 Jan 2012, 13:30   #63
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Yes, in the past, before prelaunch, most top alliances chose to launch attacks at night. But this is not the past, PA today is not the same as it was 5 years ago. More importantly, the player base is not the same as it was 5 years ago. We've all gotten used to not having to wake up in the middle of the night to be able to attack. If it's choosing between attacking at different times and losing members by the bucketload, what makes you think they would pick the latter? Similarly, why do you choose to quit rather than ask your alliance launch at saner times?
I planned to take a 1 or 2 rounds break starting now as PA got too much time consuming and it really ruins sleep..

Thing is that I could play in an alliance that decides to launch their attacks earlier but I don't think any alliance will benefit in doing so.
There will be some alliances that will live launch at the weirdest hours. In order to compete with them all other alliances will have to do same. That was the reason why pre PL everyone set their attacks at late night times/early morning hours.
Alliances like Ultores, App or maybe Asc if they ever come back will be playing with live launch. Launching early attacks against those alliances that are able to launch fleets at the sickest hours would just be ridiculous. Basically the normal fleets will land on them 1 or 2 ticks before they launch their own fleets..

This whole thing would work only if all alliances decide to shift their attacks to normal times.. This system is like communism, it only works if everyone takes part in it.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2012, 16:14   #64
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Thing is that I could play in an alliance that decides to launch their attacks earlier but I don't think any alliance will benefit in doing so.
No benefits, except, you know, being able to sleep at night. If enough people like their sleep, and don't feel like they need to compete with Ultores or Apprime (ie, most of them), there'll be plenty of room in alliances that are willing to accomodate that. In fact, there already are: only a few alliances require their members to wake up at night for defense. Alliances that are OK with not getting defense at night will most likely also be OK with not launching attacks at night.

Quote:
There will be some alliances that will live launch at the weirdest hours. In order to compete with them all other alliances will have to do same. That was the reason why pre PL everyone set their attacks at late night times/early morning hours.
Alliances like Ultores, App or maybe Asc if they ever come back will be playing with live launch. Launching early attacks against those alliances that are able to launch fleets at the sickest hours would just be ridiculous. Basically the normal fleets will land on them 1 or 2 ticks before they launch their own fleets..
Incorrect, for two reasons. One, if you launch at 22:01 with prelaunch +2, you land between 8am and 10am, which is not "1 or 2 ticks before [top alliances] launch their own fleets". Two, you're not limited to launching in the evening, you can launch in the morning, turning the tables around.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2012, 23:03   #65
tulsa
Registered Loser

tulsa will become famous soon enoughtulsa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I cant see how this change will keep players or get new ones - that has to be pa's #1 goal surely!?!
I wish people would quit making that assumption. No one running this game wants to grow the playerbase, that just means more work and expense. I think we're simply used as a beta group for other games at this point - we make up a pretty good base of gamers, so why add a bunch of n00bs?
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2012, 15:56   #66
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this in another thread, but i will repeat / expand it here:

Pro:
- Most attacks will be either at night 10 -11 pm game time, or early morning 5-8 game time. Ergo, more sleep ftw.
- 10 : 1 alliance gang bangs at silly morning hours will be a thing of the past, thank god.

Con:
- Active players (insomniacs) will probably concentrate on 1, tops 2 elite alliances and grow easier than all other alliances. Coupled with the fact that gangbangs will be less effective, means that alliances like ultores will grow faster, dominate early and possibly stagnate the round.

I believed the solution is not restricting / removing pl, but removing night time launches completely. But that is only a solution if there were enough players to create 2 - 3 universes, 1 per time zone, but that would require a 3x bigger playerbase spread evenly.
Unread 10 Jan 2012, 17:27   #67
lofty
Shinigami

lofty will become famous soon enoughlofty will become famous soon enough

The thing that I'm interested in, that I dnt think that any1 has mentioned yet is whether or not this change will effect the amount of people that will now 'pay' to play? I mean if they fit in the casual bracket, and the game may now have been made harder for them to play(eg land attacks, coz they will Att at different times) will they then want to spent money on the game right away? Or will they be cautious and play a free account to start with until they see how the game works out later in the rnd, and maybe upgrade at a later point in the rnd?

I dnt know, but id be interested to see what everyone's take on this is?
Unread 10 Jan 2012, 19:20   #68
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
The thing that I'm interested in, that I dnt think that any1 has mentioned yet is whether or not this change will effect the amount of people that will now 'pay' to play? I mean if they fit in the casual bracket, and the game may now have been made harder for them to play(eg land attacks, coz they will Att at different times) will they then want to spent money on the game right away? Or will they be cautious and play a free account to start with until they see how the game works out later in the rnd, and maybe upgrade at a later point in the rnd?

I dnt know, but id be interested to see what everyone's take on this is?
In my experience the ppl that pay for the credits are those that hold dear to this game. Those that continue to play will continue to pay.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2012, 07:04   #69
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

To me, it is very simple (sorry if this has been mentioned before):

A sub-optimal option with no benefit other than helping the casual player was limited, Prelaunching has never been better than live-launching. It just makes it harder for certain people to play. Alliances were never forced to attack at certain times, but they did and will continue to do so for efficiency reasons.

Now, either players attack at worse times than before, or they stay up longer than they normally would so they can still attack.

Lose/lose.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2012, 20:19   #70
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

As I understand, a fair few will be leaving the game if the pre-launch rule isn't reverted back next round.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2012, 20:32   #71
zL
Banned

zL is an unknown quantity at this point

i sure do not like the pre-launch rule it takes the fun out of the game as you have to wait till 1pm to send +2 ect not cool.
zL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2012, 22:15   #72
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

I love the prelaunch change, just wish it would go further and remove all attacking prelaunch.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 03:49   #73
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

So do I, Shev, but the majority don't.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 08:08   #74
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

I think its so much harder to land attack this round. All the 'hardcore' alliances get up during the night to send their fleets. This also means they're more likely to be around to send defence.
Landing attacks is the fun bit about planetarion, and thats kinda what im missing atm..

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 23:51   #75
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I disagree.

Organizing (successful) defence "is the fun bit about planetarion" - and you can't do that if you've pre-launched and p***ed off to bed.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2012, 07:59   #76
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Well i guess thats a difference in opinion

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 16:58   #77
Jewid
Saute Chef

Jewid is an unknown quantity at this point

Imho this change will kill off what little fun pa had left. Me and many of my mates will not return if this is going to be the standard of pa, as it makes it near impossible to play casual and perform well. Have fun with your hardcore playerbase of 500ish planets!
Jewid is offline   Reply With Quote