User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Apr 2005, 21:54   #1
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road
Clusters

Could someone please tell me the entire point of them?
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 21:56   #2
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of
Re: Clusters

"The last remnants of a long forgotten system"

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 22:06   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

there is an eta -1 advantage for sending defence

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 22:31   #4
Game'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
there is an eta -1 advantage for sending defence
Name a cluster where this is actively used enough to justify its existance?
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 22:41   #5
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

there has always been clusters, and there always will be clusters
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 22:41   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Clusters have never had a point. They were supposed to aid defence for lesser players but were always too large to ever allow working relationships to be forged. Its one thing to put alliance politics aside for a small group of galaaxy members but to then be asked to do do the same with a number of other galaxies was always asking too much. The only thing I ever saw clusters really achieve was to split the haves and have nots further. A cluster alliance would be formed, the strong would soon be identified, the strongest galaxies would then break away taking the best galacies and those with alliances they were friendly with with them leaving the original cluster alliance to be farms for the new one.

All in all pretty much a complete waste apart from the maybe for those new players in c100+ during the pre p2p rounds
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 22:51   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

what if clusters were small - say for example only 2 galaxies

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 22:52   #8
Game'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
You would just be basicially combining them, and alliances would hit both gals at the same time.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 22:56   #9
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Clusters were nice for incluster wars. There are currently two issues prohibiting that:

1) Too few players, leading to too few gals leading to too few gals per cluster.
2) No incluster attack bonus

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 23:02   #10
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

cluster wars were the best in any game though ( -1 eta nm if you attack or defend)
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 23:51   #11
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Clusters have never had a point. They were supposed to aid defence for lesser players but were always too large to ever allow working relationships to be forged.
Several alliances formed out of clusters.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 00:02   #12
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

With ship value ratios of attack:defence being what they are this round, I think an in-game Cluster alliance system would actually help with the defence situation throughout the universe, would be intresting to see the results of such a system.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 00:13   #13
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Several alliances formed out of clusters.
C7R or whatever
(I hear they sucked )

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 00:15   #14
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
C7R or whatever
(I hear they sucked )
(kicked and roided)
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 00:15   #15
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
(kicked and roided)

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 00:24   #16
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I wouldnt wanna end up with 2 nub gals at the same time....
and 2 leet gals would have a double advantage over them...

I havent decided if I like it or not yet.. but it sounds bad to me at first glance
altho a permanent sister gal sounds cool
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 03:10   #17
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road

People simply can't cooperate properly in clusters. God knows why. People spend many rounds trying to set up cluster alliances and I've never seen a good one which is a damn shame. Perhaps a future feature suggestion should be a cluster section where you set your gal's relationship with the cluster (NAP/No NAP) things like that would help bring them back.

Round 4/5 saw some BRILL cluster alliances I remember channels of 50+ and really good def.. but alas, no longer
ph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 03:37   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think with such a small universe, we'd have to test in cluster warfare in the old sense to see if it would actually 'work', I fear it would end rounds quicker.

Clusters certainly do serve a purpose in terms of combat and up the need for political action though which can be fun for the better players.
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 06:32   #19
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Can't have galaxies without clusters. It just makes sense like that.

Politically, it's useless.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 09:21   #20
Game'

Clusters will not work now as they used to due to the fact the strain on alliances is so much greater.

So if you defended your alliance everynight and attacked with them, when exactly would you have chance to defend your cluster as well, especially at the start given the mis-trust as to who is who etc.

At the moment clusters are just "there" because they have always been there, however they serve absolutly no purpose at all. However adjusting attack times again has its pro's and con's. As someone said earlier your risking having the haves and have not's split. But with the way galaxies are setup now, it is less likely to happen like this in my opinion.
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 10:02   #21
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

who cares about cluster defense - make it -1 eta to attack incluster - cluster wars ahoy
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 10:36   #22
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Yeah nice one -1eta attack in cluster, only your galaxy could defend you against fi/co...
only thing clusters are good for now adays is making the co-ord system easy to understand, same with paralells!
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 12:42   #23
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

having alliance and cluster eta and making them cumulative and adding in cluster attack eta would be one way to promote urgance about the cluster.

you'd also see some alliance groups creating clster bgs, and attacking hostile ones, alittle bit like the parallel days of old. (with size difs ofc)

or folks would agree not to attack in cluster (and then break it towards the end political funness that that would be)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 12:48   #24
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
having alliance and cluster eta and making them cumulative and adding in cluster attack eta would be one way to promote urgance about the cluster.

you'd also see some alliance groups creating clster bgs, and attacking hostile ones, alittle bit like the parallel days of old. (with size difs ofc)

or folks would agree not to attack in cluster (and then break it towards the end political funness that that would be)
I actually reckon this would make the game more interesting, and would bring back the old feeling of friendship and comradeship with your galaxy. It is something I would think is at least worth considering.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 17:53   #25
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Cluster wars was THE single most stupid idea ever in PA. Lots of new and experienced people giving up the game because of the frustration of getting bashed incluster, without a decent chance at alliance defence. Been there, done that, let's not make the mistake again.
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 02:56   #26
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy

this would be ace, cluster alliances are something i dearly miss.
SimbaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 03:17   #27
Game'

To be honest id be more for making defence in-cluster -2, and attack -1. So the benefits of having a cluster which defends itself are there, but also there is the other side to the coin
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 03:58   #28
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
To be honest id be more for making defence in-cluster -2, and attack -1. So the benefits of having a cluster which defends itself are there, but also there is the other side to the coin
That actually sounds like a damn fine plan.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 13:32   #29
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
With ship value ratios of attack:defence being what they are this round, I think an in-game Cluster alliance system would actually help with the defence situation throughout the universe, would be intresting to see the results of such a system.

-NitinA
One of the reasons why cluster alliances are so awkward to organise. There is little motivation in defending your cluster, trying to interact with other galaxies and planets isn't particularly easy.

I'd like to see something like:
  • 5 galaxies per cluster with the aim of 20 people or so in a galaxy. This would result in clusters similar to the size limit of an alliance itself.
  • Cluster forums, similar to galaxy forums with a ministers only section for all ministers.
  • Cluster status screen, similar to the galaxy incoming screen but maybe for incoming fleets only. This could also be restricted to paid accounts only.
  • No bonus for attacking in cluster, -1 ETA for defending. Would make defence possible and worthwhile.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 14:44   #30
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Its all fun etc to actually have a plan for working cluster alliances but
most people simply dont have enough fleets for it..

btw who really wants em anyway (and is planning to participate in incluster defence etc)?
it helps nubjes? I doubt it....

Last edited by Alessio; 20 Apr 2005 at 15:01.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:11   #31
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph8
Round 4/5 saw some BRILL cluster alliances I remember channels of 50+ and really good def.. but alas, no longer
Cluster allainces would have been totally pointless in R4, as it was Parallels that had ETA bonuses (on both attack and defence).

Whilst there was alot of co-operation with R4 paras, most of it was just the top 5 or so gals in each para that used the rest of their para as farms for the entire round, rarely venturing outside. I know, as the P alliance that i started was second-tier and we had to defend against stupid amounts of incoming every night .

I do remember, at round's end, having more than 1 million spiders (/me raises pinky to corner of mouth) .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:16   #32
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
One of the reasons why cluster alliances are so awkward to organise. There is little motivation in defending your cluster, trying to interact with other galaxies and planets isn't particularly easy.
Tbh, i quite like all of those ideas. I do believe, however, that not even paid planets should be able to see fleets going out of the cluster - as there will obviously be unsavoury ruffians in every one.

What i think would be the ultimate saviour of C alliances is - 1 extra fleetslot that can ONLY be launched in-C. That way, any players who have extra ships but not slots (i dont know about you but my main problem tend to be slots) are then able to defend random people in-C. Whether they do or not, ofc, depends - but i think it would go a very long way to encouraging in-C participation.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:47   #33
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

call me crazy :P, but,... how about a single fleet slot, that can only be used in cluster? a fouth one,.... Thus even with your current three, sending out to attacks and deffend in the universe, u still have your 1 fleet u can use, but ONLY in the cluster (in gal included?? hmmm)
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 18:43   #34
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Clusters have never had a point.
Actually, they have had a point for quite a few rounds, but after alliances was hardcoded into the game and the eta advantage was the same for Clusters as for Alliances they became more or less obsolete.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 18:47   #35
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
I Like this one.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 19:42   #36
SpaceLegend
(-: :-)

SpaceLegend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
What i think would be the ultimate saviour of C alliances is - 1 extra fleetslot that can ONLY be launched in-C. That way, any players who have extra ships but not slots (i dont know about you but my main problem tend to be slots) are then able to defend random people in-C. Whether they do or not, ofc, depends - but i think it would go a very long way to encouraging in-C participation.
i am playing a while now and over all those rounds i learned something:
Don't trust anyone in a cluster.
I've seen kinda every **** happen in a cluster, so before i ever will trust someone again in C, maybe 10 more rounds have to pass.

With a cluster fleet slot , i would
- attack in C and save a slot for outside
- defend my alliance mate in C and save a slot for outside
- run my ships at home if needed

tbh, as sad as it is, i think most people will do that
R2 35:16 | R3 16:15 | R4 234:11 | R5 32:5 | R6 14:4 | R7 20:11 | R8 18:6
R9 27:10 | R9.5 11:4 | R10 10:1 | R10.5 1:6 | R11 6:5 | R12 28:3 | R13 3:9
R14 13:5 | R15 5:6 | R16 20:3 | R17 8:4 | R18 13:7 | R19 10:8 | R20 3:4
R21 15:4 | R22 4:4 | R23 7:5 | R24 12:8 | R25 11:5 | R26 11:9 | R27 1:9
R28 9:2 | R29 5:5 | R30 3:7 | R31 10:7 | R32 6:2 | R33 3:6 | R34 2:1 | R35 6:2
R36 9:2 | R37 5:6 | R38 12:1 | R39 14:8 | R40 10:6 | R41+ retired
SpaceLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 20:45   #37
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph8
People simply can't cooperate properly in clusters. God knows why.
I am not God, but I'll take a shot.

Priorities:
1. Alliance
2. Buddy Pack
3. Galaxy
4. Cluster

The first three may be interchangeable to some degree, but cluster are always last and by that time you have depleted your will to care.

Alliance politics are an issue as well. It's one thing to deal with 1-2 players from a rival alliance. In a galaxy they depend on each other to some degree. But a cluster full of competing rivals that have no real stake in your survival is practically unmanageable.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 02:04   #38
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Cluster wars was THE single most stupid idea ever in PA. Lots of new and experienced people giving up the game because of the frustration of getting bashed incluster, without a decent chance at alliance defence. Been there, done that, let's not make the mistake again.
Yes, but goddamn how fun it was to play with the n00bs. And you had a cluster full, who was just YOURS.

/me goes to search for C26a
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 03:36   #39
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Clusters need a unique advantage over alliance defence, otherwise they will always be an afterthought for most players. In my opinion, making clusters -2 eta for defence would achieve that.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 00:46   #40
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

cluster wars were fun, however the FI/CO roid fleet made it impossible to get some decent defense if you were hit incluster

fastest defence from alliance was eta 7, incluster attack with fi/co was eta 6...sigh

i think that was the reason incluster attack was disabled

(didnt read the whoel thread..sorry if someoen already said it)

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 13:17   #41
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Forget Clusters and , just give every planet a unique identifier.

Galaxy Number and planet number

1:1
1:2

etc.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 19:09   #42
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Clusters are incubators for new alliances, the fact that they aren't on the radar of the major alliances is part of what allows them do act this way.

I also feel that in block wars there's a tactical advantage that i don't think anyone (including our block) is actually exploiting.