User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 2 Aug 2010, 14:10   #1
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
personal data storage

Signup Errors
  • - You must agree to the personal data storage in order to play.

No! I dont see myself randomly scanning this round, if it means i have to agree with something i fundamentally disapprove of. Im sure its just for storing info for their game, but what i actually agree on by clicking this button, is that they can do whatever they want with my information.

Last edited by HaNzI; 2 Aug 2010 at 14:23.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 16:20   #2
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about
Re: personal data storage

http://www.jagex.com/privacy/privacy.ws
it all seems very standard to me
AFAIK all that relates to is giving permission for you data to be transferred if the server migrates.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 16:30   #3
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
Signup Errors
  • - You must agree to the personal data storage in order to play.

No! I dont see myself randomly scanning this round, if it means i have to agree with something i fundamentally disapprove of. Im sure its just for storing info for their game, but what i actually agree on by clicking this button, is that they can do whatever they want with my information.
weren't you retiring ?

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 17:18   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, knew he would be back before round started.
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 17:55   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe this can make hanzi quit!
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 18:14   #6
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

!!!!!!

I still own #scans on irc and i will scan there and for Apprime when im around. The channel will sometime this round be transferred to Mpulse, whenever he own less channels!

Retiring doesnt really keep me from occasionally reading forums and come online to see how Apprime is doing.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 18:22   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It doesn't seem to decrease your activity in any noticeable way whatsoever to be honest...
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 18:49   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's your choice. Play or don't play.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 07:40   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

From the portal:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
The last section is to do with the server migration that may happen this round. If it does, we will have to move all the data to the new server in the USA. We will warn you when this happens in-game. Your data will not suddenly be released and will be stored in the same way it has been for the previous 20+ rounds; however, as we're moving your data around, we have to let you know and make sure you agree with this.
(to be honest, some members of the PA Team are pretty hot on this sort of stuff. even if you're on the mailing list, you've only been e-mailed about 3 times in the last 5 years. so... )
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 08:14   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
(to be honest, some members of the PA Team are pretty hot on this sort of stuff. even if you're on the mailing list, you've only been e-mailed about 3 times in the last 5 years. so... )
Given how strictly the multihunting team enforces the sign up details, you do have a genuine personal information database to attend to so it's pretty reasonable to nail down the policy properly.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 19:18   #11
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

This account has been closed by the game admins.

Yup, they're pretty strict

http://pastebin.com/ReYsHwJJ
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 20:01   #12
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Light person you just wouldn't believe how long a mess I went through with Fiery and Spunkfire over my "real" details one round. Eventually, they did compromise and allowed me to use the last name Kekkonen. I don't really know when this became such a massive trend, I mean, I've registered accounts for other people and other people have registered accounts for me in the past and at some point (I reckon it has to do with Ace and Spunkfire) things just became obnoxious with this.

It's quite retarded since they have no actual way of verifying your personality, and until they start threatening you with some federal database, it's just a misfire. It's good to hear the multihunters are still focusing on important tasks though.
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 20:09   #13
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Please tell me where sprit or me threatend you with a federal database ?
I think you are mixing up ppl here m8.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 20:16   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Please tell me where sprit or me threatend you with a federal database ?
No that was fiery.

Amusing enough I wouldn't be in such a database to begin with since I'm Finnish.

(ps. but it's still quite hilarious for a planetarion freebie planet. hopefully you go through this all with potential new customers too!)
Unread 4 Aug 2010, 23:53   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

Someone needs to stop the multihunters from pretending that they need to deal with this stuff. Find something useful to ****ing do for the love of god.
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 00:00   #16
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i do find it extremely bizarre that PA need this information for people to play the game. what possible reason do they need someones personal information for?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 00:08   #17
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

I once got some crap from multi-hunters about my real name. I actually put it in correctly because I don't care, but somehow it got jacked up in their database and they got all fussy about it. The real question, though, is why does it matter to PA if my name is Ben B or Makon Philadingdong?
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 00:13   #18
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i dont not have a problem with multi-hunters enforcing this rule. it is their job to enforce the rules of the game.

i have a problem with whoeva decided that this should be a rule for playing PA.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 00:39   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They can't enforce this rule because they don't know what my name is.

P.S. Congratulations Mrs. Katie Katie!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 04:46   #20
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
They can't enforce this rule because they don't know what my name is.
Indeed. I always signup with the same data and I'll be smurfed if I'll ever allow access to my real name to the kind of people that are voiced/opped in #multihunters.
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 05:49   #21
Pug

Pug can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
This account has been closed by the game admins.

Yup, they're pretty strict

http://pastebin.com/ReYsHwJJ
That log is ridiculous. There's someone who works in the same company as me and his idiotic parents named him Marty. His surname is Martin.

Clearly what Light has pasted could of happened and for it to be written off as a joke straight away is stupid.

I've always signed up as Pug ConDoin (from Raymond E. Fiest's books) and only got caught up because I reported a farm that landed in my pub gal a couple of rounds back. Just goes to show, there's no way to verify the information you provide.
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 07:02   #22
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Someone needs to stop the multihunters from pretending that they need to deal with this stuff. Find something useful to ****ing do for the love of god.
Isn't it quite blatantly obvious that this isn't the first time the subject is being brought up no? How on earth did you plan on making any sense with these people? The problem is, if they had, themselves, come down with the idea that this is just outright ridiculous, they'd probably stopped doing it. But since it's an idea presented to them by other people, they'll automatically settle for the Ace-Skunkfire -type of a defensive stance where they'll stubbornly defend these actions "because", and due to NDA, "can't tell you why".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowch
The real question, though, is why does it matter to PA if my name is Ben B or Makon Philadingdong?
Back in 1978 before the collapse of the Soviet Union there were a bunch of Lithua... Soviet people that did some very naughty things with credit cards. Naughty, naughty.
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 07:29   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Paypal solves that, though.
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 07:32   #24
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Paypal solves that, though.
We can't talk about this due to NDA. Sorry. You're wrong. Move along or I'll ban you for misbehaving.
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 07:50   #25
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Honestly you lot must be mentally ill. I've signed up under a false identity using false details in every round I've ever played.

So long as you don't put in something ridiculous like LORD MUNTER; 123 Street, ****LAND, the multihunters won't know the difference.
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 07:52   #26
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling View Post
I've signed up under a false identity using false details in every round I've ever played.
Doesn't this just further emphasize the vanity of whining to select people over their sign up details?
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 08:39   #27
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Am I the only one retarded enough to give out my real info then?

I spose when you have done it once, its too late to stop? As they will have the info I ve provided since forever.

Think the point is / was to prevent people from creating several accounts and then stop playing with all cept the one who "hit" a good gal. I dunno!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 09:05   #28
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

I spose when you have done it once, its too late to stop? As they will have the info I ve provided since forever.

Think the point is / was to prevent people from creating several accounts and then stop playing with all cept the one who "hit" a good gal. I dunno!
Isnt that based on IP?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 09:17   #29
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Isnt that based on IP?
Judging by the amount of people's close relatives/family pets that have played scanner planets over the rounds, is this conversation actually serious?
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 09:51   #30
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Isnt that based on IP?
doubt it. created accounts from shitloads of ips over the years, and played them from more
might be based on ingame nick or mail. I DONT KNOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 13:19   #31
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Congratulations Katie Katie!

Planning a vacation soon? Don't vacmode!
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 14:12   #32
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
doubt it. created accounts from shitloads of ips over the years, and played them from more
might be based on ingame nick or mail. I DONT KNOW!
I would find an account that has only been logged in from one IP a lot more suspicious than one with 5-10. The thing is, most people with wierd names aren't really lieing about them. Those that want to lie, use common names and are not looked at twice. So really you just end up with the whole thing being a joke

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 17:34   #33
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Nah I do. And have since the start.
BUT, I can never remember which first name I put in (I have two, semi-legally(my Initials are in brackets on my birth certificate)).
Yet to be closed because of it though.
Maybe I'll alternate enough eventually they may notice ... nah who am I kidding
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 18:43   #34
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If I remember correctly this was mainly to have a weapon that could be used to close someone eventually who was presumed to play multiple accounts. Back in the old days people did not really come up with decent alternate names, and there were quite some players going around creating a dozen random planets or so to see where they end up.
Unread 25 Aug 2010, 14:24   #35
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

There is really no need for using real names and details in games like this, except when payments are taken into consideration. If you wish to use a credit-card anywhere online, you will have to give out your name, no way around that. True, some countries do not have name-checks, but some do.
But I have to admit I am sick and tired of the whole "i-wont-tell-you-my-name" some people seem to cling to. As much as I respect others privacy, they must also respect that sometimes some kind of identitification is required. Sometimes people break laws through the net and they should be caught. Anonymity has its price and it is usually always paid by others than the anonymous...
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 02:50   #36
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
There is really no need for using real names and details in games like this, except when payments are taken into consideration. If you wish to use a credit-card anywhere online, you will have to give out your name, no way around that. True, some countries do not have name-checks, but some do.
But I have to admit I am sick and tired of the whole "i-wont-tell-you-my-name" some people seem to cling to. As much as I respect others privacy, they must also respect that sometimes some kind of identitification is required. Sometimes people break laws through the net and they should be caught. Anonymity has its price and it is usually always paid by others than the anonymous...
So why is it important to reveal my real name for planetarion or any other upcomming browsergame?
I don't think that you guys need to know my name as I don't get mails (not emails) or any rewards being sent for finishing t200 to my home address. so why do you need those details?

@Light
I laughed so hard about your conversation with Spritfire! Congratulations on that one!

P.S. I don't use my real name as well.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 05:00   #37
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Guess what.. I really got a warning from multihunters for this post.

Man you must be really bored.

I tell you something you freaks:
I refuse to give out my ID to policemen if not really avoidable. So WHO THE HELL do you think you are that you can claim my details? Do you send me any prize if I win this game? Do you ever want to visit my home?

I just laugh at this incredible load of crap. I am too bored to show up on your temple for now. I will do so whenever I feel like it and you'll never know if I leave my real details to you.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.

Last edited by Korsan; 27 Aug 2010 at 06:00.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 09:47   #38
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
So why is it important to reveal my real name for planetarion or any other upcomming browsergame?
I don't think that you guys need to know my name as I don't get mails (not emails) or any rewards being sent for finishing t200 to my home address. so why do you need those details?
Lol, so how are you going to pay for a game in which they need to verify your identity? That goes for all paying methodes on the internet. Incase you fraude your payment in any way, they need to be able to identify you so they can report you to the correct instances.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 18:46   #39
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

If we don't upgrade, we shouldn't need to provide the details. When we upgrade, then of course it makes sense to get the necessary details that you'd provide when paying for anything over the internet.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 20:57   #40
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

The argument that you "need to supply your real identity, for prosecution in case you commit fraud" is more then a bit ... hilarious.

and for the umpteenth time ... there (usually) is NO anonymity on the internet, there is _pseudonymity_. The need to reveal my true identity, is a matter for the police in case i actually would do something like CC fraud on the internet and definately not necessary for company XYZ who will lose that data due to the next incompetent web-admin who hasnt heard about sql-injection, transaction locking, race conditions, cross-site scripting attacks, php exploits and many more.

Since a certain "big" company started to do "real personal verification" of signup data, the amount of elvis presleys playing their game, has skyrocketed. Because many personal ID's of people are ready for use on the web. So whats the point?

I never use(d) my real personal info either.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote