User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Sep 2013, 21:26   #1
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Covop stats on Universe page

Per request

**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sun Sep 8 10:05:25 2013

Sep 08 10:05:26 <Andy|FOOTBALL> hey
Sep 08 10:05:43 <Andy|FOOTBALL> is there a way to have rankings for various covert ops stats? aside from just # of operations?
Sep 08 10:05:52 <Andy|FOOTBALL> would give more incentive throughout the rnd and be more competetive
Sep 08 10:06:16 <Lunar_Lamp> hmm
Sep 08 10:06:19 <Lunar_Lamp> Not that I know of
Sep 08 10:07:23 <Andy|FOOTBALL> its just something i've been asking for for the last few rnds and i think it would keep more people active b/c there are more opportunites to be the best at something or near the top
Sep 08 10:07:38 <Andy|FOOTBALL> especially with the new covop anarchy thing
Sep 08 10:08:09 <Lunar_Lamp> It sounds like there might be a good idea there
Sep 08 10:08:20 <Lunar_Lamp> Though, I will forget it if I leave it as a PM on irc
Sep 08 10:08:27 <Andy|FOOTBALL> lol
Sep 08 10:10:33 <Andy|FOOTBALL> where should I leave it for u then?
Sep 08 10:11:42 <Lunar_Lamp> Well, the suggestions subform on http://forums.planetarion.com is not an awful place for now I think
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2013, 22:42   #2
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Covop stats on Universe page

example?
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 00:41   #3
AndyMan

of covop rankings?

Under Covop on universe page we could have things like:
Total resources stolen
Total research hacked
Total dists/amps destroyed
Total structures destroyed
Total anarchy imposed etc.

Also, it would be cool to quantify how much you target a specific ally under your personal history page, how much you've stolen from that ally for example. Additionally, you could have stats on the most targeted ally/planet etc depending on how complicated you wanted to get.

I think the resources one is particularly good to have because right now it just measures covop rankings based on total operation successes, which is kind of silly because you could just res hack the minimum 5% hundreds of times and be the #1 covopper, wheras other operations cost more stealth and could have, arguably, considerably more influence on the game.
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 05:49   #4
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Ill support it, tho the ally thing I'm against tho as you could then just see what ally you steal more from when you bankhack someone to find out what ally someone is.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 09:22   #5
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
Ill support it, tho the ally thing I'm against tho as you could then just see what ally you steal more from when you bankhack someone to find out what ally someone is.
could be fairly easily solved by putting a delay on these rankings. or have it be based on ingame intel.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 13:23   #6
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
could be fairly easily solved by putting a delay on these rankings. or have it be based on ingame intel.
I guess a update on the rankings every day instead of every tick would fix it yes, ingame intel tho wouldnt be good, as that can be wrong and thus **** up the rankings
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 13:51   #7
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I guess a update on the rankings every day instead of every tick would fix it yes, ingame intel tho wouldnt be good, as that can be wrong and thus **** up the rankings
Maybe could be added at the end of the round when all the information is revealed.
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 15:52   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mapping alliances isn't exactly rocket surgery.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2013, 22:25   #9
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Considering the fact this is only for personal history, i don't see which rankings it can ****up.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2013, 12:08   #10
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Stuff like which alliances you stole from could be in the end of round stats, but not in the ones you are able to check in universe. We don't show the incoming counter for planets/galaxies/alliances on the universe page either.

I like more stuff for cov oppers to rank in though, it's rarely the dude with most completed cov ops that's actually the most efficient cov opper.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2013, 16:08   #11
AndyMan

Yeah I could see how the how much you hit from an alliance thing could get abused to figure out intel. I think an end of round stat could be really cool though. I just think there needs to be better rankings for different covop operations otherwise it can get boring. Which some people may argue is good b/c they hate covoppers but I think they add an interesting dynamic/tactic to the game