User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:39   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
David Blunkett is happy that Shipman killed himself

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardianpo...125183,00.html
Quote:
"You wake up and you receive a phone call telling you that Shipman has topped himself," he said in a frank conversation with regional journalists. "And you think, 'Is it too early to open a bottle?'"

"Then you discover that everybody's really upset that he's done it. So you have to be very cautious in this job, very careful."
Umm, I don't know what to make of that...
Unless you believe in capital punishment I don't think you should celebrate someone killing themselves.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:43   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: David Blunkett is happy that Shipman killed himself

Well, I do support capital punishment on a theoretical level, but that's not a particularly appropriate analogy (imho).

Capital punishment is actually killing someone. Celebrating someone's death is hardly the same.

Similarly, I wouldn't support deportation for being unfunny, but if Jim Davidson ****ed off out of the country, I'd laugh.

I don't like Mr Blunkett but I'm glad to see someone's being honest about such things. Why the hell should we feel sad if some murderer kills himself? Would it be OK if it was natural causes?*

* = Obviously there is an argument that him being alive would have led to more info about his alleged other crimes, but I'm presuming we wouldn't of.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:43   #3
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

new labour - right wing government

what do you expect? they celebrate death

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:44   #4
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

you never wanted somthing bad to happen to someone but not enough to cause it yourself?
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:46   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
what do you expect? they celebrate death
Would you be happy if George W Bush got shot?
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:51   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

death isn't suffering.
he deserved to suffer much more than he has.
And my thoughts are with the families of the people he killed:
Quote:
The Liberal Democrat's home affairs spokesman, Mark Oaten, criticised Mr Blunkett's wish to celebrate. "Many families of Harold Shipman's victims were devastated to learn of his suicide," he said. "Now they will never know why he killed their mum or granny or brother or sister.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:51   #7
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Would you be happy if George W Bush got shot?
you got me there....

but no....

i would be happier if bush got tortured. his legs slowly ripped apart... his arms hammered down etc.. etc.. same goes for blair, cheney, rumsfeld, sharon and a handful of other leaders.

death is the easy way out. Torturing has far more effect for such assholes

omg im an anti-right wing, right-winger

Zar
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:51   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd have preferred him to remain in prison for the rest of his natural, but you can see how it could be thought to be a good thing.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 14:58   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I am fundamentally opposed to all forms of torture (except in some ludicrous hypothetical scenarios).

I also don't like the idea of the imposition of suffering either.

And Zar : Celebrating someone's death has got nothing to do with being right-wing, which was my point. There are people I'd be happier dead, and I'd consider myself left-wing.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 15:00   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

p.s. While I understand the feelings of the families, what on Earth could have Shipman said which would explain his crimes? I mean, I know it might bring some peace of mind or something, but....?

"I did it for a laugh"
"I did it to ease their suffering."
"I did it because I'm evil"

There's no good reason for killing 200+ innocent people really, is there?
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 15:01   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

His staying in prison for the rest of his life serves no more moral purpose than does his death, so what's the problem?
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 15:20   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In a really horrible "i dont condone this" way its incredibly clever and brave he killed himself a day shy of his birthday so his wife got a windfall

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 15:26   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

David Blunkett has about as much tact as a runaway freight train
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 15:46   #14
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe he was left wing himself, and decided that the £25,000 it cost to keep him in prison could've been used to give vital improvements to hospitals. But then he'd have to somehow get us a new government - one without Mr. Blair or Mr. Blunkett.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:10   #15
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

That's sick.

The man kills himself because he isn't allowed to see his wife, and Blunkett wants to celebrate?

I would call him something, but it would probably be censored.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:15   #16
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it's a good, honest answer which probably reflects the mood of everyone in the country.

ps donkie if you dont think the NHS has ultra high funding under labour compared to anyone else the you are WRONG
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:16   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
That's sick.

The man kills himself because he isn't allowed to see his wife, and Blunkett wants to celebrate?

I would call him something, but it would probably be censored.
slightly more level-headed than you?
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:18   #18
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
slightly more level-headed than you?
Err, what?

Celebrating death is level-headed now?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:23   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Err, what?

Celebrating death is level-headed now?
well i wouldn't say it isn't.

my point was that whether shipman gets to see his wife or not is immaterial. a few hundred other people didn't get to. trying to cite this in any argument at all is emotive bullcrap used by someone whos grasping at straws to criticise labour without pulling the Iraq card.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:29   #20
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Blunkett has just gained brownie points in my eyes.
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:31   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

my point was that whether shipman gets to see his wife or not is immaterial. a few hundred other people didn't get to. trying to cite this in any argument at all is emotive bullcrap used by someone whos grasping at straws to criticise labour without pulling the Iraq card.
You can criticise labour for a lot of things dude, excluding iraq.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:32   #22
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:

I actually wrote a reply to this, but then I realised that your point is so absurdly stupid that it doesn't even deserve one.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:35   #23
Deciduous

Quote:
I actually wrote a reply to this, but then I realised that your point is so absurdly stupid that it doesn't even deserve one.
So your amazing reply just disappeared? Aww, shame.

Shipman didn't get to see his wife? Poor bloke... maybe he shouldn't have fking killed all those people then he could be sat at home with her now.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:39   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciduous
So your amazing reply just disappeared? Aww, shame.

Shipman didn't get to see his wife? Poor bloke... maybe he shouldn't have fking killed all those people then he could be sat at home with her now.
Are you trolling? It's hard to tell.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:40   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You can criticise labour for a lot of things dude, excluding iraq.
yes but lets face it, not that much. and i think proteus' reply pretty much sums up the tory policy towards labour: find a stupid emotive point and attack them for holding rational opinions. its not a stance i have time for.

(PS If I'm being slightly presumptuous i apologise but im pretty sure im also correct)
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:41   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
yes but lets face it, not that much. and i think proteus' reply pretty much sums up the tory policy towards labour: find a stupid emotive point and attack them for holding rational opinions. its not a stance i have time for.
OK, lets see.

Doing untold harm to the school system, diplomatic relations, railways, the london underground, hospitals (especially the by PPP system, although that also goes for the underground and schools), personal freedoms, the university system, and so on and so forth.

The only thing that is doing well is the economy.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:42   #27
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
i dont know about him, but im not and i entirely agree.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:43   #28
Deciduous

Quote:
Don't I ever get the benefit of the doubt?
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:49   #29
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
OK, lets see.

Doing untold harm to the school system, diplomatic relations, railways, the london underground, hospitals (especially the by PPP system, although that also goes for the underground and schools), personal freedoms, the university system, and so on and so forth.

The only thing that is doing well is the economy.
1)explain
2)compared to any of the alternatives?
3)**** off. that's ENTIRELY down to the tories, labour are actually solving the ****ing prblem, boo hoo.
4)explain
5)the PPP system isnt perfect but it doesn actually seem to do any damage excep to principles
6)except for terrorist!1111111 stuff i dont see your point, and with regards to terrorist stuff its certainly nothing like the extent of the US. (And if you mean the ID cards thing I fully support that so meh)
7)THAT ill agree with you on but it was originally a tory policy anyway
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:50   #30
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
I attacked Labour? Really?

I'm surprised. I thought I was attacking Blunkett.

I'm sure the vast majority of Labour MPs (including Tony Blair) aren't so appallingly inhuman as to consider celebrating someone's death, no matter how horrible he was.

Quote:
(PS If I'm being slightly presumptuous i apologise but im pretty sure im also correct)
You aren't.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:52   #31
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i was glad he was dead.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 16:57   #32
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
I attacked Labour? Really?

I'm surprised. I thought I was attacking Blunkett.

I'm sure the vast majority of Labour MPs (including Tony Blair) aren't so appallingly inhuman as to consider celebrating someone's death, no matter how horrible he was.
thank you for proving my point.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:00   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

1. The AS levels are a good example. And they're thinking them of changing them again. Plus the push for statistics over actual results (example: the lowering of the maths pass mark to make the target number pass). And underfunding, espeically in terms of teachers' pay.

2. I'd have preferred to, say, not go against the UN, because of something made up.

3. It's not entirely down to the tories. The labour government has been responsible for increasing subsidy in times of lower standards, not holding companies to account, and setting up a disciplinary body that has no power for discipline.

4. The most obvious way would be the Public Private Partnership that Blair (and by proxy, their candidate Dobson) was pushing for. I can't remember if he got his way over Ken or not.

5. The main problem with the PPP system is that it doesn't work. The current PPP hospitals aren't doing as well as the hospitals there beforehand, despite more money going into them than there was (what's the point of doing something to decrease costs if you increase the money going in, in the form of subsidy?) That's ignoring the absolute problem behind them: if they're government run, they don't need to turn a profit, so there won't be quite so many cutbacks. This has been seen in the schools (and, depending on your definition of PPP, the railways) as well.

6. The only significant terrorist threat to the UK in recent history has been the IRA.

7. Blair came to power with the manifesto promise of 'Not introducing top-up fees', something he pledged again at his reelection. Nice consistency.

Of course, that's ignoring the wonderful Margaret Hodge (record as Higher Education personyjob: Angering all the universities due to biased unfounded remarks. Record as Child Minister: Telling the BBC to ignore someone who complained about her appointment to the position (as a local counciler, she oversaw one of the largest paedophile scandles of recent times) because he was 'deranged' (something that wasn't true)), the constant chopping and changing of ministers (it's estiamted that it takes at least 3 years to start to be able to do anything as a minister; blair seems to fire/change jobs for most of them every 6 months), the scandle over bribes (Hinduja brothers, Bernie), and many many more.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:05   #34
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
thank you for proving my point.
Having read your reply to Mark's "Labour's bad policies" post, it has become clear that you are, in fact, an idiot.

(For instance, since when has "at least we aren't doing it as badly as the US!" been an excuse to reduce civil liberties?)

And if you think I can't criticise the personal views of an MP without criticising his party, then you're even more of an idiot. I would have said the same thing had a Conservative MP come out and said what Blunkett said.

(Labour's policies are a travesty, but that's not the subject of this thread, and it's neither here nor there concerning the death of Harold Shipman.)
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:09   #35
Deciduous

Quote:
2. I'd have preferred to, say, not go against the UN, because of something made up.
Fair point, but the US aren't averse to imposing illegal trade sanctions on anyone they choose, which usually harms the opposing country more than the US. (beef is what came to mind when i read the post)
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:11   #36
Ste
Bored

Quote:
(Labours policies are a travesty, but that's not the subject of this thread, and it's neither here nor there concerning the death of Harold Shipman.)
I was just about to say the same thing.

Having a Labour Home Secretary that's the most right-wing in history (including Michael Howard) is appalling and shows there is something wrong with the values of this Labour government.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:12   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Fair point, but the US aren't averse to imposing illegal trade sanctions on anyone they choose, which usually harms the opposing country more than the US. (beef is what came to mind when i read the post)
We went WITH the US, against the UN. You don't appear to be able to read.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:15   #38
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: David Blunkett is happy that Shipman killed himself

'Blunkett in 'Populist outporing for the benefit of the tabloids' shocker!'
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:20   #39
Deciduous

Quote:
We went WITH the US, against the UN. You don't appear to be able to read.
Are you taking your medication?
I'm not saying that we didn't go with the US, which is obviously not the case.
I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the decision.
I'm saying that maybe not wanting to get on the wrong side of one of the world's greatest economic powers could be partly behind it. That's all.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:22   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

What are the US going to do? Sanction the world?
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:25   #41
Deciduous

Quote:
What are the US going to do? Sanction the world?
No, but they've done it to us before and it's not a good situation to be in.
The US has the advantage of having a massive internal market such that it can be fairly self reliant.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:33   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

There's another thread about that.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 18:16   #43
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
<snip>
Phang, I thought you said you were socialist?
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 18:47   #44
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

While I'm not sure I'll penetrate through that thicket of prejudice (are you new to political ranting btw?), I suggest that you consider that Proteus is giving a typical Christian sentiment, rather than being superficially emotive. It's more polite and constructive to respect people and try to understand their views than to see everything as partisan. And notice that Brits generally aren't mindlessly tribal, at least off TV.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 20:32   #45
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
p.s. While I understand the feelings of the families, what on Earth could have Shipman said which would explain his crimes? I mean, I know it might bring some peace of mind or something, but....?

"I did it for a laugh"
"I did it to ease their suffering."
"I did it because I'm evil"

bush and blair seem to give in their opinions good enough reasons
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 20:36   #46
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
No, but they've done it to us before and it's not a good situation to be in.
The US has the advantage of having a massive internal market such that it can be fairly self reliant.
the uk trades a significant amount with the EU. The EU trades within itself more than the US does within itself.

your point?

Zar
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 22:38   #47
Deciduous

Are you saying it's not in the interest of the UK to trade with the US?
£65 billion a year isn't a figure to be sniffed at. (1998 figures)

"...it is not widely appreciated that only 14.4 per cent (1997 figures) of Britain's GDP is concerned with the EU and the trade deficit on that small percentage was a colossal œ5.4 billion... ...British exports to Europe are now actually falling, while they continue to rise to every other Continent."

14.4% is trade with Europe, 18.6% is trade with the US. (1997 & 1998 figures respectively)
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 22:44   #48
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
agrarian reform
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 22:51   #49
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
6)except for terrorist!1111111 stuff i dont see your point, and with regards to terrorist stuff its certainly nothing like the extent of the US. (And if you mean the ID cards thing I fully support that so meh)
hahahahaha

hahahahahahaha

(hahahahaha)
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 03:37   #50
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: David Blunkett is happy that Shipman killed himself

Quote:
14.4% is trade with Europe, 18.6% is trade with the US. (1997 & 1998 figures respectively)
Where do you get your figures from? (Where exactly is the rest of the trade going to, for example.) Only thirty percent or so of trade with practically the whole of the westen world seems horribly low.

Afaik, UK-continental trade was in the fourties as a percentage of British trade as a whole.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote