User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 22 Jul 2012, 18:19   #1
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Beta R48

Stats seem to be up on the beta server.

First thoughts:

What's up with 3 cr fleets and 2 BS fleets, seems a bit heavy leaned towards siege ships?

Terran looks really weak, I'd give at least one of the ships a T2(possibly one of the DEs?)

Is every emp ships supposed to be init 1?
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 19:25   #2
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Beta R48

I have the same problem that i had this round, There is 2 fr fleets and only 1 De fleet. I would much rather see Xan De then a 3rd Cr fleet.
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 19:33   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, or xan fr and make either etd or zik fr into de.
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 20:22   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I did a provisional set of stats that are on the beta server
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 20:47   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Terran...
De roiding fleet that can roid

Xans
certain caths
ziks

BS roiding fleet

Certain ters
Certain Caths
xans
ziks
certain etd.

There are scope to fake de as bs on xans and ziks (certain caths)

Weak against

Fi and fr inc.
Certain bs and cr inc.

Cath...

Co fleet that can roid

De light ters
Certain caths
fi light xans
certain ziks
etd

Cr fleet that can roid

fi heavy xans
Cr light ziks
and certain etd.

Weak against bigger inc dependent on fleet composition.

Xan

Fi roiding fleet
Can roid all but depends on fleet composition.

Cr roiding fleet

Co heavy caths
ziks
certain Etds.

Zik

Fr roiding fleet (good scope to cap etd frig)

Ters
viper light caths
etd

Cr roiding fleet

Co heavy caths
certain etds

Also some scope for faking aswell

Weak v
Ter inc
xan fi
certain cath and etd inc.

Etd.

Fr roiding fleet.

Terran
Viper light caths
fi light xans
fr light zik
fr light etd inc

BS roiding fleet.

BS heavy ters
tula light caths
xans
Fr heavy etds
guardian light etds
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 21:44   #6
isildurx

Valueheavy ziks are going to be very hard to roid. Pretty crazy that you let ziks get away with building two classes of ships while Terrans have to build 4.
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 22:06   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Valueheavy ziks are going to be very hard to roid. Pretty crazy that you let ziks get away with building two classes of ships while Terrans have to build 4.
Best i could do for the MT 3 ship spaming loving players... as i call them
(in this case 4 ship spamming)
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 22:15   #8
isildurx

But why have zik as that race.... surely it should be the other way around with Ters building two classes and ziks four(potentially less if they steal the right ships).
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 22:22   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
But why have zik as that race.... surely it should be the other way around with Ters building two classes and ziks four(potentially less if they steal the right ships).
It has a slower init i.e will need that advantage v xan fi / ter de/bs incs
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 22:26   #10
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Something I'd like to (be) experiment(ed) with is t2 and t3 hitting for less damage, say 50% and 25%. If I'm not mistaken, this is very easy to change and can have some interesting effects.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 22:28   #11
isildurx

Just saying, I think a LOT of people would go zik with these stats. We just had a round where zik was the best race, do we really need another right after.
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 23:19   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Just saying, I think a LOT of people would go zik with these stats. We just had a round where zik was the best race, do we really need another right after.
Two rounds wich zik was best no?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2012, 23:25   #13
isildurx

can't remember that far back
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 06:55   #14
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

ST rounds usually favour ziks anyway
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 09:27   #15
isildurx

Not necessarily
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 09:29   #16
HaSu
Awesome

HaSu can only hope to improve

how come it's "ST" again anyways?
HaSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 09:43   #17
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaSu
how come it's "ST" again anyways?

Since no one but Ultores knows how to defend, they need to make the stats as offensive as possible to compensate
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 12:00   #18
isildurx

How can you not prefer ST, just spamming three ships is boring as hell*

* This being said, I basically only buildt 3 ships last rnd
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 13:26   #19
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
How can you not prefer ST, just spamming three ships is boring as hell*

* This being said, I basically only buildt 3 ships last rnd
I only built 2 myself (Vsh/Voy) which made me really weak vs Zik Cr, Zik Fr, Xan Fr, Etd De, Etd Bs - fortunately the only abundant one of the list being Zik Cr.

You can never hope to cover every class yourself, ST or MT. You can only hope to either a) make yourself unattractive to hit, or b) focus on covering one thing and have a galmate focus on another then cross defend and hope that your attackers don't send so many waves you can't cover it all.

This is a team game after all.
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 15:46   #20
Doffeh

Doffeh will become famous soon enoughDoffeh will become famous soon enough

I would go zik with these. Just saying.
Doffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 16:44   #21
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Just had a brief glance at the stats.....

I been asking myself for the last few rounds whats the point of having both Fr and De type ships. I think to make balancing easier we should just dump the De class completely and just have Fi/Co/Fr/Cr/Bs class ships. Seems De's dont really serve any purpose, or much of a purpose.

Other than that, Ziks do seem to have quite the advantage and with the gain they can get via salvage they will be quite popular with the current stats.

Seems all EMP have init 1 I assume that's a mistake and your working on assigning appropriate initative?

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 17:16   #22
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Seems all EMP have init 1 I assume that's a mistake and your working on assigning appropriate initative?
Cath emp inits aren't final and are subject to be tested
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 18:55   #23
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Since no one but Ultores knows how to defend, they need to make the stats as offensive as possible to compensate

Stats are not the be all and end all of offensive and defensive rounds. The other alliances need to change their attitudes and setup on offence and defence if they are to beat Ultores. I honestly dont think it matters what set of stats you put out their with the setups/attitudes as they currently are Ultores have already won. On to round 49!!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 20:29   #24
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Why are we having another "ST" round back to back. Since this is going to be a Fall Round why have it back as ST. We should have a lot more active players this round, as its not a summer round.

I'm not saying that we need every ship being MT but having a majority of them spread across the classes would surely help.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...npyUi1FMl9ZaWc

Not saying that we should use them but giving them more of a reference. I know every single person on this forum will say "Anything but Tia's stats" But I dont think we need another ST round back to back especially with the ally tags being dropped 20 players.
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 20:33   #25
HaSu
Awesome

HaSu can only hope to improve

gotta agree there, MT way more fun to play.
HaSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 20:43   #26
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

MT aren't more fun, they're just easier.
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 21:03   #27
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

I like a challenge like landing de faked as bs (ter) or frig faked as cr (zik)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
3 ship spam rounds imo make good BCing rounds but poor single player rounds due to lolwaving to land attacks (overall)
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 21:13   #28
isildurx

ST rounds are always more enjoyable
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 21:35   #29
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
ST rounds are always more enjoyable
Yup, I enjoy st more as well. Tho the stats last round were kind of a mix, and I liked those stats.

One suggestion I have is that there should at least be one fr based att fleet with better init than xan fi that is not emp. I understand that xan fi should be able to roid some tgts but it doesnt seem fair that they have the eta as well as the init (and it seems also efficiency) advantage against all non emp fleets.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2012, 22:53   #30
Tiamat101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX View Post
One suggestion I have is that there should at least be one fr based att fleet with better init than xan fi that is not emp. I understand that xan fi should be able to roid some tgts but it doesnt seem fair that they have the eta as well as the init (and it seems also efficiency) advantage against all non emp fleets.
I agree with that, There should be a fr/de non-emp option to cover fi. I still want to see another DE fleet so that way atleast its even. 2:2 FRE
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 04:29   #31
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

I think we need to set some ground rules when doing stats, some constants between rounds. something that you know that doesn't change between rounds, so that endless examination of races stats isn't so much of an issue for example ive always believed that the following is true of each of the races:

Ter have high armor and high cost for ships and are usually fi/de/bs based

cat have emp and fire before everything else are co/fr/cr based

xan are cloaked and fire after emp, are cheap, and relitively weak att n def attributes are fi/fr/cr based

zik fire last(but before pods) and have high damage ship types vary

etd gets a mix of all of the above but are worse than their counterparts eg all init is +1 or damage is reduced.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 09:56   #32
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
I think we need to set some ground rules when doing stats, some constants between rounds. something that you know that doesn't change between rounds, so that endless examination of races stats isn't so much of an issue for example ive always believed that the following is true of each of the races:

Ter have high armor and high cost for ships and are usually fi/de/bs based

cat have emp and fire before everything else are co/fr/cr based

xan are cloaked and fire after emp, are cheap, and relitively weak att n def attributes are fi/fr/cr based

zik fire last(but before pods) and have high damage ship types vary

etd gets a mix of all of the above but are worse than their counterparts eg all init is +1 or damage is reduced.

That is how it should be, recently we have had 'statmakers' changing everything about and it just brings nothing to the game expect 1 or 2 funny breps. All these int31 steal ships and non cloaked Xan ships affected nothing overall.

As i see it if you want to make the game more even and stop the same people running away with the round then the core race and thing you need to keep as a constant is Zik.

Statmakers need to stop this stupid notion that int 20 steal makes it weak, you guys keep buffing up Zik armour and damage to compensate and you end up with a race that the best PA players can pwn with, all the time!!

It doesnt really matter how even or equal or amazing a set of stats are to be honest, people will still find the strongest setup and everyone will build it, with 5 races its a nasty cycle that wont end.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 10:24   #33
Tiamat101

Then making a rock-paper-scissors set of stats would be a good thing right now.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 10:58   #34
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Removing ETD would make the most sense, its the race that screws up stats the most, you can invariably have 4 'equal races' but then when you setup ETD you have to start tweaking the 4 others to make sure they are a little better than ETD in their 'special' areas that then unbalances stats.

I would say having a round with no Fi/Co pods would be intresting. Maybe make Terran DE/BS, Cath FR/CR, Zik FR/BS, Xan DE/CR ans scrap ETD. Each race has 2 ST fi/co ships for defence (1 of each so they cant flak each other) if you wanted to muck about with late inting ships and ones that dont fit their races special ability then these would be the ones to do it with not the roiding classes!

Make each race weak against one of its own roiding classes (Terran weak against DE for example) Strong against one of the 2 classes it doesnt have (Terran strong against CR for example again) and then the other 2 it its mediocre against.

Make all races have t2 fi/co in each of their roiding classes, and that they outint them (even Zik) that would setup up fi/co as a viable defence option but one that can be swamped if needed.

Hopefully that would even the battlefield slightly in defence, which isnt something we should be trying to nerf as it is the main community aspect of the game, yet still allow for an attacking round
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 11:22   #35
isildurx

Totally disagree about "ground rules" and whatnot. To me it doesn't matter what race has what ships as long as the stats are balanced*

*Obviously ziks should have mainly killships, cath mainly emp and xan mainly be cloaked.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 11:41   #36
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
*Obviously ziks should have mainly killships,

You mean steal yeah???

And no i disagree with that, ground rules are key to how each race plays, Xan need to be weak to counter its cloaking 'skill', Cat needs to have better armour because it doesnt kill anything, Terran needs to be toughened overall because it has no actual 'skill' but most importantly Ziks need to be kept weaker... stealing at int20 is not a disadvantage, especially when you gain back a percent of your ships used when on defence... we need to drum that into the heads of these statmakers otherwise we will forever see Zik latestarters and the late round dominated by Zik planets getting donations...
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 11:49   #37
isildurx

yeah I mean steal :\

Uhh, there have been plenty of rounds where zik has been next to impossible to play. But yeah, zik is probably the toughest race to balance, and this set of stats does a particularily bad job of balancing them.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 12:04   #38
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
yeah I mean steal :\

Uhh, there have been plenty of rounds where zik has been next to impossible to play. But yeah, zik is probably the toughest race to balance, and this set of stats does a particularily bad job of balancing them.
This is why i think ETD is the issue. Because you have to tweak every race to make it playable but not amazing, that leads to Zik getting buffed to compensate more than other races.

I know stat making is reasonably hard and you will never please everyone, but for the good of the game Zik should be the race that has the most attention paid to it, to make sure a) it cant be played well by n00bs and b) it isnt overly powerful to the extent that it can be abused late round.

Maybe making it so its stealing capicity/salvaging potential doesnt mean huge gains can be made on defence would solve this (capping salvage gains to 10% of total salvage??), also making it so it needs a teamate to steal for gains would help.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 12:42   #39
Blue_Esper

there is nothing wrong with ETD, the ETD race should be tailored to people who want to be solo'ist and play without an alliances, one that is good in a gal but would be crap for an alliance

PS. how does one become a stat maker?
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 12:44   #40
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

If the zik armour needs to be tweaked / toned down ... not a problem afterall the stats on beta are provisional ones.

tweak..

Marauder Cruiser De - - Steal 20 1 40 41 89 300 300 330 430 440 Zik
Pirate Cruiser Cr Bs - Steal 20 1 42 43 90 320 320 350 424 434 Zik
Ironclad Cruiser Ro - - Pod 30 1 40 40 88 310 310 325 423 423 Zik

Armour was previously in ~ 500 A/C range
Marauder / pirate damage was prevously in the ~480 D/C range

I would like to point out that zik do have a Xan fi / ter de / bs weakness by design and would need a custom order farming to counter this weakness. (Have to trust that the Multihunters come through on this)

I'm following below...

<Rein|work> anyone that is pro defensive stats should be ignored
<Rein|work> anyone that talks about free fire def ships should be ignored
<Rein|work> anyone that wants teamups to be required should be ignored
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 13:27   #41
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I'm following below...

<Rein|work> anyone that is pro defensive stats should be ignored
<Rein|work> anyone that talks about free fire def ships should be ignored
<Rein|work> anyone that wants teamups to be required should be ignored
lol - good

as an ammendment I want stats that require enormous teamups (that happen anyway irregardless of stats) etc etc

do think these look good but an etd frig fleet thats entirely emp?
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 13:59   #42
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
there is nothing wrong with ETD, the ETD race should be tailored to people who want to be solo'ist and play without an alliances, one that is good in a gal but would be crap for an alliance

There is nothing wrong with the idea of ETD but their is something seriously wrong with the implementation of ETD. Look at the past rounds for this... either half the universe picks them because they are overpowered or less than 10% picks them because they are pointless. No one has found a good ETD balance yet and they have been around for what? 20 rounds? the 5th race which is made up of all the others means the other 4 have to be better than it and this screws stats. Scrap them and you lose that problem.

Just make some stats and approach Appoco on iRC, thats what i was told by Santa when i started making a stat set last round before i stopped playing.

To Paisley just keep Zik nerfed to a certain degree and put their focus on small defence steals. Make it so donating to Ziks is hard and so they are not the easy latestart option, then you should be ok.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 14:20   #43
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post

do think these look good but an etd frig fleet thats entirely emp?
There is some scope for etd to steal zik fr on defence via vendors

Vendor Fighter Fr - - Steal 21 1 12 13 34 80 80 100 461 500
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 15:02   #44
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
You talk to appocomaster and volunteer. If he thinks you can throw something decent together then away you go!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 16:02   #45
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

You could also approach him with a stat set that looks like you didn't throw it together in 30 minutes.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 16:30   #46
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
You could also approach him with a stat set that looks like you didn't throw it together in 30 minutes.
If thats the case how the hell did we play a round with Tias stats???
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 17:20   #47
Tiamat101

Because i didnt throw it together in 30 min
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 17:30   #48
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

7 is less than 30!!!
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 19:29   #49
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Ok folks we're looking for beta testers for thursday kick off 6pm game time (7pm Uk time) but can set up start before this... 1 mins ticks.

IT is Not an excuse for a speedgame but please come along and play + give your feedback on the stats.
Unread 24 Jul 2012, 20:20   #50
guzlic

guzlic is an unknown quantity at this point

The way i see stats atm is, you can go fr attack fleet that is hard to stopor bs attack fleet that is unstoppable. Anything else makes no sense. That means few ppl will got xan/cath.

Ter has strong bs attack but is roided by everything.

That leaves only etd/zik for picking, and of the two zik is much better defense vise, so would be my choice with current stats.

This needs a lot more work, stats are nowhere near balanced (not even gonna comment on cath init). You need to make other ship classes playable, and keep offensive nature of stats.
guzlic is offline   Reply With Quote