User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 5 Sep 2005, 00:23   #101
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Re: Andromeda Pirates - The Succession Wars

Cid: I understand that we wont be able to attack them head on, thus I have a strategy planned out. I see on your ship schematics that you have gattling lasers. We can use those to knock out the destroyer's bridges from a long ranged distance. Any fighters they send I can easily knock them out with my own, as well as multiple missile barrages. When the destroyers are down we can capture the carrier and tow the destroyers back for repairs and claiming. Sounds simple enough, lets just hope the odds are with us on this one.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 04:56   #102
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
Oddly enough LH hasn't posted any danger ratings on the missions this time, this would seem to suggest that severity is determined after players choose, based on who's looking to get off easy and DM torture licensing. That is to say, there is no easy mission, the end is niiigh, we are all doomed, starting with me for suggesting it...
ooc: Ack, well in that case I am teh f0xx0r3d... especially if she sends *gasp* spideron after me...

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 05:57   #103
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

OOC- You didn't really think you'd get rid of me that easily, did you?

I'd like to say something about the crew and characters. They are all new. You murdered Bogg by advancing your thread several hundred years into the feature and I didn't get much of chance to develop his offspring in the last Andromeda thread due to an early closure. I am taking this opportunity to prove to myself that I can also work without characters that are as strong as Bogg has become. It'll be a nice challenge for me. That doesn't mean you won't see Bogg or any of his relatives ever again though.

Like I said, these characters are all new; thought up in the darker recesses of my twisted mind. I find it both impossible as well as undesirable to give full character descriptions right from the start, so I haven't tried to do that. As the story progresses, my characters will grow with it (or at least that's the idea). Some of the characters are briefly described in the post below, others are not, but they will be in future posts. The key thing to know about my characters is that every one of them (except possibly Dr. Burnham) has some sort of mental disorder or syndrome or disability or whatever. Who has what, will hopefully become apparent in future posts. If you're curious, you can always ask.

My ship will be the same ship I used in the Andromeda thread for two reasons: 1) I'm lazy. 2) I haven't really had the chance to test it.
The ship details are posted below the actual post. I haven't made any changes and so I haven't bothered to recheck everything again, because everything was ok last time as well. As for the mission, I want to do mission 9. (Yes Mr. AcidK, that's right, I'll just keep haunting you.) It is the same mission as in the previous thread (only then she was called Lady Death, if I recall correctly), so I consider it to be unfinished business. -OOC

One month ago on some NSR space station:

It was night time on the space station and that meant there weren't many people about and most of the lights were turned off. This was much to the liking of a motly bunch of people that were concealing themselves in a dark passageway near the spacedocks. A careful listener might have been able to hear their hushed voices:

"Wayne, what's happening?"

"She's almost there. The plan seems to be working. Heh, she's certainly managed to get their attention."

"I don't see why we're always letting Kyra do things like this. I mean, I could do it too, you know. You just watch me."

"I'm sure you could, Leroy."

"Letice."

"I'm sure you could, Letice."

"It's because I'm black, isn't it?"

Outside, the lights of a passing bulk merchant briefly illuminated the speaker, revealing a black man in a posh blue velvet evening dress. He was wearing golden earrings with little diamonds in them. A matching handbag was hanging from his shoulder. He had spent long time getting his makeup right. One hand was firmly placed on his hip whereas the fingers of his other hand where fumbling his pearl necklace.

"No Lero.. Letice. That's not it."

"You can just say it, you know. You can just say it's cos I'm black. I won't take offence, you know. I'm proud to be black, you know."

"Really, Letice, that's not it. She's just suitibly dressed, that's all."

"What? You call that suitibly dressed? I call it improper!"

"Cunnilingus!"

"Shush, Kimberly. Try to restrain yourself."

"I'm terribly sorry Wayne. Dick! Not you, sorry."

"It's ok, don't worry about it."

Around the corner and about fifty metres ahead a different scene was taking place. A skimpily clad young girl with long red hair and a large sword strapped on her back was approaching two armed men that were guarding an airlock.

"Hey girl. Don't you know this is a forbidden area? Turn around. It'd be a shame if we had to shoot your pretty face."

"Oh, I'm sorry general. I think I must've taken a wrong turn somewhere. This station is soooo big, it's so easy to get lost. What is it that you are guarding here, general?"

"We're not generals, we're only serg..."

Tha guard's slightly brighter companion elbowed him in the ribs at this point and took over.

"Who are you and why do you want to know?"

"I'm Sonya, queen of the amazones and, well, I figured that since there's two fearsome looking generals guarding this place, there must be something really dangerous or important behind that door. And although I should probably be scared, I must confess that danger also excites me, general."

The guards looked at eachother and a grinned meaningfully. She hadn't stopped her advance and was now standing next to the two guards. With a smile, she rubbed her thigh against one of the guards' leg and winked at the other.

"Queen of the amazones, eh? Hey Fred, I reckon tonight's gonna be our lucky night. Here hold my gun for me. And you, your royal highness, you can hold my other gun! Heheh."

"Ha ha, good one, George!"

Then, as one of the guards gave his weapon to the other and folded his arms around the girl, she forcefully kneed him in the groin. The guard's eyes watered and he collapsed to the floor, groaning. Before the other guard could react, the girl quickly unsheathed the sword she carried on her back and with one well aimed stroke, decapitated him. Then she walked over to the other guard that was rolling on the floor with both his hands clutched between his legs, teeth clenched together from the pain. The girl gave him a firm kick against his head and he passed out.

"That's what you get for underestimating Red Sonya, queen of the amazones!"

From around the corner sounded a hushed cheering accompanied by a soft applause.

"Whooohooo! She did it! Kyra did it!"

"Way to go Kyra!"

"Jerk! Sorry! Well done girl!"

"Ok, so far so good. Larry! It's your turn now! Larry! Where's Larry? Has anyone seen Larry?"

"I think he's over there in the corner, Wayne. With his magazine..."

"What? Now? Larry! Hey Larry! This isn't the time old chap. We need you to get us inside."

A little way off, in one of the corridor's niches came the rustling of paper and then a voice panted:

"Yes yes yes. Coming. Wayne. I'm coming. Just a sec."

"Yeah, I expect you are. Just be sure to wash your hands after you did, alright?"

A moment later, a rather short, but clean shaven man that must've been in his mid thirties joined the group.

"Sorry guys. Couldn't help myself. Just had to do it. You know how it is."

"Yeah yeah. Never mind all that. You have to open up that airlock for us, Lar. You think you can do that?"

"What? Are you kidding? Of course I can do that. It's only a Butter and Williams Mk5. You can bypass them so easily it's almost embarrassing!"

The man called Larry knelt by the airlock's control panel, took off the cover, rummaged around for a second or two and then the doors that thus far been firmly closed, slid open with a soft hiss.

"There. What'd I tell you? Piece of cake!"

A voice that had hitherto not been heard spoke up:

"Alright ladies and gentlemen. You've all done very well. Let's get all of us inside. Pogo, you take this chest inside, will you?"

A young man that was obviously still in his twenties stepped forward. He had an athletic build and was toned up tonnes of muscles.

"Sure thing Dr. Burnham. What's inside if you don't mind me asking?"

"Credits. A hundred thousand credits. Oh, and a few personal keepsakes of mine."

"Wow, that certainly is a lot of money Dr. Burnham! How did you get it?"

"I sold the house and everything in it, Pogo."

"But, I thought the house belongd to your wife Dr. Burnham?"

"Indeed. So it did, Pogo. So it did."

"Won't she mind?"

There was a short silence that was broken by a match being struck against the wall. A bright flame sprang to life and was then used to light a big cigar. The man that was addressed as Dr. Burnham looked thoughtfully at the match in his hand. By the firelight, Pogo could see a mad grin on the face of Dr. Burnham. It made him feel uneasy. Then the match went out.

"I really hope she does, Pogo."

Fifteen minutes later, Dr. Burnham, followed by the rest of his crew, walked onto the bridge of the newly commissioned RLX-45036 nicknamed 'The Ghost', an experimental Praetorian Guard Fleet Carrier. Its purple paint was barely dry.

"Hmmm. Dreadful interior. So much purple. These Praetorians really do have a bad taste for interior decoration. But never mind. We'll have everything properly redecorated once we reach our destination."

"What's our destination gonna be Dr. Burnham? Or should we all say captain now?"

"Both are fine Letice. As for our destination, you will soon find out. First I will assign a job to each of you. I have already prepared a small list for that. Now where did I put it?"

Dr. Burnham sat down in the big captain's chair, took the cigar from his mouth and patted his pockets until he found what he was looking for.

"Ah, got it. Right then, let's see. The position of first officer goes to Lisa. Kyra, you're going to be in charge of all our troopers. Letice, I want you at the tactical console. Larry, you'll be the science officer. Sheila, you'll be taking care of the ship's engines. Wayne, you're gonna be the wingcommander of this ship. Judy, you're at the helm. Frank, you'll be our doctor. Pogo, you're responsible for security on this ship and finally, Kimberly, you'll be in charge of communications."

"Freak! Excuse me. Yes, Dr. Burnham. You bastard! Sorry."

"Now then, I know most of you to have previous experience in the field of work I just assigned to you and those that don't; don't worry, you'll learn your way around soon enough. I have great confidence in all of you. Right, everyone; please take up your positions!"

Dr. Burnham watched as his crew took up their stations. Some people would've called him mad to go into space with these lot. Then again, he had been a professional psychiatrist for more than 20 years and he knew there was a very thin line indeed between sanity and madness. He also knew that most sane people continually balanced on the edge, living their lives without knowing it, until they went over. He himself went over a week or two back. It was his 15th wedding anniversary and so he had decided to cancel the session of his talkgroup for social rejects called 'Rejects Anonymous' and go home early, to surprise his wife. He'd even bought flowers and a box of her favourite chocolates. However, when he got home, it was his wife that surprised him. She'd always told him that she wasn't athletic enough to assume these positions, but apparently this wasn't the case when she was with Marcus Crassus, Pro Consul of the NSR and currently naked, in his bed, on top of his wife. At least he assumed that he was on top for their current position made it hard to see which bodypart belonged to whom. No wonder she always had a headache whenever he tried anything. He had been watching them for several minutes before they finally noticed he was there. You'd think they'd have had the decency to be embarrassed, but instead they laughed. They laughed. At him. He'd wanted to kill them. He was certainly angry enough, but then what? He'd be arrested for murder and then his life'd be over and somehow that didn't seem worth it. Besides, he didn't want his wife and Marcus Crassus to get away so easily. No, they should suffer a fate worse than death. They should live out a very long life in utter misery and embarrassment and everyone should know and be able to see it. But how? How to accomplish this? For now, he just needed to be away from here. He needed a ship. He couldn't afford one, so he had to steal one. It was generally known that Marcus Crassus was here to personally oversee the completition of a new experimental fleet carrier, so he didn't have to think very hard about which ship he'd steal. He also needed a crew, now that was a little harder. Most qualified people were either too expensive, too untrustworthy or just plain scared of Marcus Crassus' power, or possibly, all three of the afore mentioned. What he needed was a bunch of people that were insane enough to want to help him, and at the same time sane enough to be able to help him. What he needed were the people from his social rejects workgroup. These people were often highly skilled in whatever profession they adhered to, but they were shunned by people due to being mentally unstable or for having some other sort of disorder. It had taken him a full week to select the right people and to set up a plan, but here he was, sitting in the captain's chair of the experimental Praetorian Guard fleet carrier 'The Ghost'. His crew was waiting for his orders.

"Judy, release the docking clamps and set a course for the Ankaa space station in Kipire space. There we can recruit pilots, troopers and give this ship a makeover so that it won't be as recognisable as it is now."

"Yes Dr. Burnham."

"Larry, I believe this ship has a cloaking device. Please find it and enable it. I want a quiet journey and I certainly don't want any people tracking us.

"Will do."

Later on the Ankaa space station:

"Dr. Burnham! I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that all the necessary crew has been contracted and we are fully supplied with food, drink and other necessities. Furthermore, all modifications to the ship have been completed. The ship is now officially registered as 'The Outcast'. The bad news is that this has cost us all our money."

"Very good Lisa. And don't worry about the money. I think I have just found a way to replenish our funds..."

Shipdetails:

Ship Name: The Outcast
Ship Class: Fleet Carrier

Engines:
- 3x Cold Fusion Drive
- 1x Trans Warp Drive (1 additional)

Armour/Shields:
- 1x Reinforced Hull Armour
- 1x Cloaking Shield

Weapons:
- 1x AMD III
- 1x AFD III

Launchers:
- 4x EMP Missiles (4x20 shots)
- 6x Gravatic Missiles (6x6 shots)
- 1x Armoured Escape Pods (20 tubes)

Sensors:
- 1x Sensor Array
- 1x Lateral Sensor
- 1x Phase Scanners
- 1x Deflector Dish

Fighters/Shuttles:
- 1x Assault Shuttle (Tritanium Hull, 1 Medium Shield, 2 Light Disruptor Cannon, 50 Tonnes Hold, Magnetic Grapple for holding onto Ships hulls)
- 70x Jupiter Class (1 Photon Cannon, 1 Plasma Pulse Device, 2 Phaser X, 1 AMD, 2 Fusion Bomb Launchers, 2 man crew, Ion Drive, Slipstream Drive)
- 12x Slipstream Fighter (2 Gatlin Lasers, 2 Heavy Missile Launchers, 5 Tonnes Hold, Ion Drive, Slipstream Drive)
- 20x Light Fighters Alpha Class (4 Turbo Lasers, Very Fast)

Ship Systems:
- 1x Advanced AI Ships Computer
- 1x Advanced AI Upgrade
- 1x Advanced Tactics Computer
- 1x Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade
- 1x Command Bridge
- 1x Armoury
- 1x Advanced Engineering Bay

Troops:
- 4x Heavy Infantry
- 2x Shock Troops
- 2x Light Infantry Company
- 1x MASH
- 1x ADCT

Hold:
- Reload: 6x EMP Missiles (6x20 shots)
- Reload: 7x Gravatic Missiles (7x6 shots)
- Fuel
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 14:07   #104
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
OOC- You didn't really think you'd get rid of me that easily, did you?

I'd like to say something about the crew and characters. They are all new. You murdered Bogg by advancing your thread several hundred years into the feature and I didn't get much of chance to develop his offspring in the last Andromeda thread due to an early closure. I am taking this opportunity to prove to myself that I can also work without characters that are as strong as Bogg has become. It'll be a nice challenge for me. That doesn't mean you won't see Bogg or any of his relatives ever again though.

Like I said, these characters are all new; thought up in the darker recesses of my twisted mind. I find it both impossible as well as undesirable to give full character descriptions right from the start, so I haven't tried to do that. As the story progresses, my characters will grow with it (or at least that's the idea). Some of the characters are briefly described in the post below, others are not, but they will be in future posts. The key thing to know about my characters is that every one of them (except possibly Dr. Burnham) has some sort of mental disorder or syndrome or disability or whatever. Who has what, will hopefully become apparent in future posts. If you're curious, you can always ask.

My ship will be the same ship I used in the Andromeda thread for two reasons: 1) I'm lazy. 2) I haven't really had the chance to test it.
The ship details are posted below the actual post. I haven't made any changes and so I haven't bothered to recheck everything again, because everything was ok last time as well. As for the mission, I want to do mission 9. (Yes Mr. AcidK, that's right, I'll just keep haunting you.) It is the same mission as in the previous thread (only then she was called Lady Death, if I recall correctly), so I consider it to be unfinished business. -OOC

One month ago on some NSR space station:

It was night time on the space station and that meant there weren't many people about and most of the lights were turned off. This was much to the liking of a motly bunch of people that were concealing themselves in a dark passageway near the spacedocks. A careful listener might have been able to hear their hushed voices:

"Wayne, what's happening?"

"She's almost there. The plan seems to be working. Heh, she's certainly managed to get their attention."

"I don't see why we're always letting Kyra do things like this. I mean, I could do it too, you know. You just watch me."

"I'm sure you could, Leroy."

"Letice."

"I'm sure you could, Letice."

"It's because I'm black, isn't it?"

Outside, the lights of a passing bulk merchant briefly illuminated the speaker, revealing a black man in a posh blue velvet evening dress. He was wearing golden earrings with little diamonds in them. A matching handbag was hanging from his shoulder. He had spent long time getting his makeup right. One hand was firmly placed on his hip whereas the fingers of his other hand where fumbling his pearl necklace.

"No Lero.. Letice. That's not it."

"You can just say it, you know. You can just say it's cos I'm black. I won't take offence, you know. I'm proud to be black, you know."

"Really, Letice, that's not it. She's just suitibly dressed, that's all."

"What? You call that suitibly dressed? I call it improper!"

"Cunnilingus!"

"Shush, Kimberly. Try to restrain yourself."

"I'm terribly sorry Wayne. Dick! Not you, sorry."

"It's ok, don't worry about it."

Around the corner and about fifty metres ahead a different scene was taking place. A skimpily clad young girl with long red hair and a large sword strapped on her back was approaching two armed men that were guarding an airlock.

"Hey girl. Don't you know this is a forbidden area? Turn around. It'd be a shame if we had to shoot your pretty face."

"Oh, I'm sorry general. I think I must've taken a wrong turn somewhere. This station is soooo big, it's so easy to get lost. What is it that you are guarding here, general?"

"We're not generals, we're only serg..."

Tha guard's slightly brighter companion elbowed him in the ribs at this point and took over.

"Who are you and why do you want to know?"

"I'm Sonya, queen of the amazones and, well, I figured that since there's two fearsome looking generals guarding this place, there must be something really dangerous or important behind that door. And although I should probably be scared, I must confess that danger also excites me, general."

The guards looked at eachother and a grinned meaningfully. She hadn't stopped her advance and was now standing next to the two guards. With a smile, she rubbed her thigh against one of the guards' leg and winked at the other.

"Queen of the amazones, eh? Hey Fred, I reckon tonight's gonna be our lucky night. Here hold my gun for me. And you, your royal highness, you can hold my other gun! Heheh."

"Ha ha, good one, George!"

Then, as one of the guards gave his weapon to the other and folded his arms around the girl, she forcefully kneed him in the groin. The guard's eyes watered and he collapsed to the floor, groaning. Before the other guard could react, the girl quickly unsheathed the sword she carried on her back and with one well aimed stroke, decapitated him. Then she walked over to the other guard that was rolling on the floor with both his hands clutched between his legs, teeth clenched together from the pain. The girl gave him a firm kick against his head and he passed out.

"That's what you get for underestimating Red Sonya, queen of the amazones!"

From around the corner sounded a hushed cheering accompanied by a soft applause.

"Whooohooo! She did it! Kyra did it!"

"Way to go Kyra!"

"Jerk! Sorry! Well done girl!"

"Ok, so far so good. Larry! It's your turn now! Larry! Where's Larry? Has anyone seen Larry?"

"I think he's over there in the corner, Wayne. With his magazine..."

"What? Now? Larry! Hey Larry! This isn't the time old chap. We need you to get us inside."

A little way off, in one of the corridor's niches came the rustling of paper and then a voice panted:

"Yes yes yes. Coming. Wayne. I'm coming. Just a sec."

"Yeah, I expect you are. Just be sure to wash your hands after you did, alright?"

A moment later, a rather short, but clean shaven man that must've been in his mid thirties joined the group.

"Sorry guys. Couldn't help myself. Just had to do it. You know how it is."

"Yeah yeah. Never mind all that. You have to open up that airlock for us, Lar. You think you can do that?"

"What? Are you kidding? Of course I can do that. It's only a Butter and Williams Mk5. You can bypass them so easily it's almost embarrassing!"

The man called Larry knelt by the airlock's control panel, took off the cover, rummaged around for a second or two and then the doors that thus far been firmly closed, slid open with a soft hiss.

"There. What'd I tell you? Piece of cake!"

A voice that had hitherto not been heard spoke up:

"Alright ladies and gentlemen. You've all done very well. Let's get all of us inside. Pogo, you take this chest inside, will you?"

A young man that was obviously still in his twenties stepped forward. He had an athletic build and was toned up tonnes of muscles.

"Sure thing Dr. Burnham. What's inside if you don't mind me asking?"

"Credits. A hundred thousand credits. Oh, and a few personal keepsakes of mine."

"Wow, that certainly is a lot of money Dr. Burnham! How did you get it?"

"I sold the house and everything in it, Pogo."

"But, I thought the house belongd to your wife Dr. Burnham?"

"Indeed. So it did, Pogo. So it did."

"Won't she mind?"

There was a short silence that was broken by a match being struck against the wall. A bright flame sprang to life and was then used to light a big cigar. The man that was addressed as Dr. Burnham looked thoughtfully at the match in his hand. By the firelight, Pogo could see a mad grin on the face of Dr. Burnham. It made him feel uneasy. Then the match went out.

"I really hope she does, Pogo."

Fifteen minutes later, Dr. Burnham, followed by the rest of his crew, walked onto the bridge of the newly commissioned RLX-45036 nicknamed 'The Ghost', an experimental Praetorian Guard Fleet Carrier. Its purple paint was barely dry.

"Hmmm. Dreadful interior. So much purple. These Praetorians really do have a bad taste for interior decoration. But never mind. We'll have everything properly redecorated once we reach our destination."

"What's our destination gonna be Dr. Burnham? Or should we all say captain now?"

"Both are fine Letice. As for our destination, you will soon find out. First I will assign a job to each of you. I have already prepared a small list for that. Now where did I put it?"

Dr. Burnham sat down in the big captain's chair, took the cigar from his mouth and patted his pockets until he found what he was looking for.

"Ah, got it. Right then, let's see. The position of first officer goes to Lisa. Kyra, you're going to be in charge of all our troopers. Letice, I want you at the tactical console. Larry, you'll be the science officer. Sheila, you'll be taking care of the ship's engines. Wayne, you're gonna be the wingcommander of this ship. Judy, you're at the helm. Frank, you'll be our doctor. Pogo, you're responsible for security on this ship and finally, Kimberly, you'll be in charge of communications."

"Freak! Excuse me. Yes, Dr. Burnham. You bastard! Sorry."

"Now then, I know most of you to have previous experience in the field of work I just assigned to you and those that don't; don't worry, you'll learn your way around soon enough. I have great confidence in all of you. Right, everyone; please take up your positions!"

Dr. Burnham watched as his crew took up their stations. Some people would've called him mad to go into space with these lot. Then again, he had been a professional psychiatrist for more than 20 years and he knew there was a very thin line indeed between sanity and madness. He also knew that most sane people continually balanced on the edge, living their lives without knowing it, until they went over. He himself went over a week or two back. It was his 15th wedding anniversary and so he had decided to cancel the session of his talkgroup for social rejects called 'Rejects Anonymous' and go home early, to surprise his wife. He'd even bought flowers and a box of her favourite chocolates. However, when he got home, it was his wife that surprised him. She'd always told him that she wasn't athletic enough to assume these positions, but apparently this wasn't the case when she was with Marcus Crassus, Pro Consul of the NSR and currently naked, in his bed, on top of his wife. At least he assumed that he was on top for their current position made it hard to see which bodypart belonged to whom. No wonder she always had a headache whenever he tried anything. He had been watching them for several minutes before they finally noticed he was there. You'd think they'd have had the decency to be embarrassed, but instead they laughed. They laughed. At him. He'd wanted to kill them. He was certainly angry enough, but then what? He'd be arrested for murder and then his life'd be over and somehow that didn't seem worth it. Besides, he didn't want his wife and Marcus Crassus to get away so easily. No, they should suffer a fate worse than death. They should live out a very long life in utter misery and embarrassment and everyone should know and be able to see it. But how? How to accomplish this? For now, he just needed to be away from here. He needed a ship. He couldn't afford one, so he had to steal one. It was generally known that Marcus Crassus was here to personally oversee the completition of a new experimental fleet carrier, so he didn't have to think very hard about which ship he'd steal. He also needed a crew, now that was a little harder. Most qualified people were either too expensive, too untrustworthy or just plain scared of Marcus Crassus' power, or possibly, all three of the afore mentioned. What he needed was a bunch of people that were insane enough to want to help him, and at the same time sane enough to be able to help him. What he needed were the people from his social rejects workgroup. These people were often highly skilled in whatever profession they adhered to, but they were shunned by people due to being mentally unstable or for having some other sort of disorder. It had taken him a full week to select the right people and to set up a plan, but here he was, sitting in the captain's chair of the experimental Praetorian Guard fleet carrier 'The Ghost'. His crew was waiting for his orders.

"Judy, release the docking clamps and set a course for the Ankaa space station in Kipire space. There we can recruit pilots, troopers and give this ship a makeover so that it won't be as recognisable as it is now."

"Yes Dr. Burnham."

"Larry, I believe this ship has a cloaking device. Please find it and enable it. I want a quiet journey and I certainly don't want any people tracking us.

"Will do."

Later on the Ankaa space station:

"Dr. Burnham! I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that all the necessary crew has been contracted and we are fully supplied with food, drink and other necessities. Furthermore, all modifications to the ship have been completed. The ship is now officially registered as 'The Outcast'. The bad news is that this has cost us all our money."

"Very good Lisa. And don't worry about the money. I think I have just found a way to replenish our funds..."

Shipdetails:

Engines:
- 3x Cold Fusion Drive

Armour/Shields:
- 1x Cloaking Shield

Weapons:
- 1x AMD III
- 1x AFD III

Launchers:

Sensors:
- 1x Sensor Array
- 1x Lateral Sensor
- 1x Phase Scanners
- 1x Deflector Dish

Fighters/Shuttles:
- 1x Assault Shuttle (Tritanium Hull, 1 Medium Shield, 2 Light Disruptor Cannon, 50 Tonnes Hold, Magnetic Grapple for holding onto Ships hulls)
- 70x Jupiter Class (1 Photon Cannon, 1 Plasma Pulse Device, 2 Phaser X, 1 AMD, 2 Fusion Bomb Launchers, 2 man crew, Ion Drive, Slipstream Drive)
- 12x Slipstream Fighter (2 Gatlin Lasers, 2 Heavy Missile Launchers, 5 Tonnes Hold, Ion Drive, Slipstream Drive)

Ship Systems:
- 1x Advanced AI Upgrade
- 1x Command Bridge
- 1x Armoury

Troops:
- 4x Heavy Infantry
- 2x Shock Troops
- 1x MASH
- 1x ADCT

Hold:
- Fuel
ship approved

so you have an enemy of none other than Marcus Crassus huh ........
muwahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 14:11   #105
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Oddly enough LH hasn't posted any danger ratings on the missions this time, this would seem to suggest that severity is determined after players choose, based on who's looking to get off easy and DM torture licensing. That is to say, there is no easy mission, the end is niiigh, we are all doomed, starting with me for suggesting it... So on that note:

*Lt. Commander Kama leaves word with the mission board that his (very shiny) research vessel is available for any intel tasks should the other freelancers desire some company on the mission

[One point that worries me - aren't Devorrans (Mission #3) esscentially just more recent adaptations of the Chrono Borg (Mission #5), that said why are the less advanced (read: younger) group more rewarding mission, relative to less old (read: more advanced) version's last known hunting grounds... fripping time travellers, heh. We're all doomed I tell you!]
the reason the mission for teh devorrans is cheaper is because that the Devorran are consdidered extinct where as the chrono borg are still in exisitience

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 01:46   #106
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Considered extinct, great... May have to go after the originals, if only to avoid one nasty surprise and discover two more... Ho hum

Mission 5 or 6 for me I suppose, the Borg originally over ran Prime space, which is somewhere near the Insectid territories was it?

Inspectre, are you for Insectids or the Silva, you said mission #7, but meant #6 ?
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 13:03   #107
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I'll be tagging along with Kama.

Reflex Cannons have a tendency to not hit their planned targets

Or maybe it has something to do with the fabrics. Dunno, forgot, university is getting too philosophical on my 455.

[Edit 1:]
Anyhow, in character, this could go like:

Fluffie stands near Mission Boards and sees a geek. He remembers something: The geek has a small worthless ship (except for its sciency aspect). Fluffie thus walks over to the geek and says: "Lo, I'll be coverin' j00 455 if j00 find me t3h rich3z, j0?"

And then:

Fluffie starts whisperin': "If n0+, I'll be Reflexin' j00 and j00r grandchildren so hard, j00 will f33l it g00d. j0."

Finally:

*Fluffie grins.

Or something like that, but less l33t speak and more into Fluffie's character. Or at least, more like Fluffie's character's current slightly more normal mental state which might after all change some time into the thread. Y'know.

j0.

[Edit 2:]
Kama has little to no choice in this.

Last edited by Fluffie; 6 Sep 2005 at 13:09.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 13:52   #108
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Kama thinks this gracious offer slowly, he could drag this lonatic along towards the Silva reflex cannons, that might be fun, or he could stick with the Chrono Borg hunt, there'd certainly be money in that mission. Of course that could turn out very unfun. Then there was Insectid Space, this Fluff would probably be right at home with lots and lots of big rocks.

"Very well, then we should depart for the docking sections and definately not go by the promenade for coffee. I believe we are taking on Mission #5 to track down some Chrono Borg remains.
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 16:01   #109
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Fluffie smiled and then unsmiled his smile. No coffee?

"No coffee?"

But coffee is the beginning of a good...

Uh, yeah.

"Maybe you are right, we ought to depart before the vultures sees us and decide to join in. We will meet on the outside."

Fluffie nods and then walks off, still sulking a wee lil' bit about the lack of coffee drinking. But he'd live, he had survived worse...
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 18:42   #110
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

missions to begin friday

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 12:55   #111
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Mission 1

ARMS SMUGGLING

Location - Delivere Arms to the warring worlds of ALSARE PRIME - Valmoran Sector
Distance - 20 light years away

Rewards - 10000c

Also possible Trade Link to be set up if succesfful (90% of mission objectives completed)

1 - Hewitt

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 12:57   #112
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 3

GATHER INTEL

Location - Travel to DEVORRAN SPACE
Distance - 125 Light years

To investigate a Devorran world to see if -

a) any Devorran survive
b) recover Devorran Tech
c) are they still a threat
d) can the world be colonised

Rewards - 85000c

well this mission is self explanatory

1 - Dunin Hemm

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 12:58   #113
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 5

GATHER INTEL

Location - Travel to CHRONO BORG SPACE
Distance - 95 Light years

To investigate a CHRONO BORG world to see if -

a) any CHRONO BORG survive
b) recover CHRONO BORG Tech

Rewards - 95000c

1 - Fluffie
2 - Kama

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 13:00   #114
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 6

GATHER INTEL

Location - Travel to INSECTID SPACE

To investigate an Insectid world to see if -

a) any Insectid survive
b) recover Insectid Tech

Rewards - 95000c

I think you meant this one .....

1 - Inspectre

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 9 Sep 2005 at 14:06.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 13:03   #115
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 8

BOUNTY HUNT

Last Locarion - Rim Territories
Distance - KILAWAYU GAS CLOUD - 65 light years

Capture/Kill - NORDAN DEUS a Pirate Captain who controls 3 ships

GARGAN - Escort Carrier
2 x Police Cruiser Escorts

Speciales in Hit and Run

Reward - 95000c

1 - Planetkiller

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 9 Sep 2005 at 14:07.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 13:05   #116
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 9

BOUNTY HUNT

Last Location - Near the FRODAN SYSTEM on the boarders of SHRAAN SPACE
Distance - 100 light years

Capture/Kill - LADY HAWK - a self styled female who is particularrly ruthless and uses KYLTHIUM powerd ships

captains 3 ships

1 x Fast Attack Carrier - THE SCYTHE
2 x Fast Attack Destroyers

Reward - 125000c

1 - Acid K
2 - Flapjack
3 - Urquan

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 13:09   #117
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Note to all

As with previous threads i will not roleplay any parts - unless i feel the need to for story/plot/mission reasons

i will leave the creativity to you - you do it much better than me and also it gives you the opportunity to bring the characters to life. after all you know your crews better than me

Also not for the first time there are secrets to be located in th thread these could be on your ship or other things, and the can be good or bad......

so be warned .....

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 13:16   #118
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Crew Positions :

No1 - First officer and your second in coomand all called the XO
TO - New - Tactics Officer for advice in battles
SO - Science officer does your scans and also science related stuff
EO - Engineer Officer - well what do you think???
MD - Medical Doctor - Duh!!!!
Helm - Think this one is self explanatory
WC - Wing Commander - in charge of yer fighters
FC - Flight Control - controls the fighters and other ships flight paths
MC - Marine Commander - controls your troops and controls ship security unless you have the SC
SC - Security Commander only available if you have the upgrade!
Comms - does all the talking stuff

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 16 Sep 2005 at 09:47.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 13:21   #119
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
Heavy bulk cruiser Wanderer, Main briefing room...

EO: "So I take it us all being called in here means we got our next gig?"

SO: "Either that, or we are all about to be laid off because the captain can't afford us anymore."

WO: "Heh. Yeah, right. Like the cap wouldn't be able to find any jobs going inside this gigantic den of thieves. Even you could stumble across someone needy around here..."

SO: "And what exactly is THAT supposed to mean Mr 'I couldn't even locate my own ass to wipe it clean after three shots' hmm?"

WO: "Hey! I thought I already explained that it was the fault of that stupid-"

EO: Shh! Here comes the cap now...

*Hewitt strolled into briefing room and without saying a word immediately began handing out datapads to each of his senior staff sitting in the briefing room. Engineering officer Scott Thomas scratched the nose on his lanky face as he briefly looked at the information scroll past, leaving behind an unnoticed smudge mark. Abby Clark, in charge of both ships communications and sensors stared at the datapad intensely as she tried to absorb the information as swiftly as possible... then laid the pad down a few moments later when she had. Jack Harris, ships weapon officer, immediately flipped the pad over a few times absent-mindedly and then discarded the datapad as he turned to wait for the captain to give him the actual relevant info. Further to the back of the room helmsman Jim Adams could only be seen by the light of the burning cigerette hanging loosely from his left hand as he talked quietly with the ships marine officer, Paul Andrews. Neither ended the private conversation as Hewitt walked pass and handed over the datapads.*

*Hewitt himself had still not uttered a word by the time he had returned to the front of the room. However, once he got there all eyes were on him. Everyone here knew the routine by now... the captain remained standing as he finally began to speak.*

Hewitt: "I've gotten us a nice, quiet shakedown cruise well clear of any CSC or NSR influence - we're headed for the Valmoran Sector."

WO: "Aww man. That place is a shithole."

Hewitt: "The job is simple gun running. Basically we are being paid to deliver arms to a number of warring factions of Alsar, I mean Aslare Prime. Shouldn't be much of a hassle, but it is the Badlands so we'll need to be on our toes and be sure we don't hang around in one space for too long. Any questions?"

Helm: "Yeah... know any good brothels in those parts?"

*muffled laughter*

SO: *Not amused* "I believe what our incredibly uncooth friend means captain is have you been to this part of space before...."

WO: "I think he knew that darlin'..."

SO: "And how would you know? Read minds now can we?"

WO: "Well if I'm reading yours correctly, right now you could do with some real good l-"

Hewitt: "IF we could all stay focused here please."

WO: "Sorry cap."

SO: "Appologises captain."

Hewitt: "And to answer the earlier question, no. I haven't been to this sector before... any other questions?"

EO: "When we leavin'?"

Hewitt: "As soon as we are ready. Anyone else?...no? Ok then. The information's before you, you all know what to do. Briefing dismissed."
Mission 1

ARMS SMUGGLING

Location - Delivere Arms to the warring worlds of ALSARE PRIME - Valmoran Sector

Rewards - 10000c

Also possible Trade Link to be set up if succesfful (90% of mission objectives completed)

1 - Hewitt

Your ship leaves the Space station -

your ship is greeted by the 2 Cargo Freighters that Carry the Arms for the World of ALSARE PRIME VII

they are 2 Bulk Frieghters with no weapons (for extra cargo space) but they have shields

COPPITT 1

COPPITT 2

your jump goes with out hitch

Remaining Fuel - 90%
All Systems - Green

Before you lies the vast expanse of the Badlands of the VALMORRAN sector - your ships sensors will be only 50% effective in this area.

TO - Sir we will have to cross the EXCLUSION ZONE

SO - ALSARE PRIME lies 3 light years past the EXCLUSION ZONE

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 9 Sep 2005 at 13:28.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 13:32   #120
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunin Hemm
Roxborough wanders down one of the many corridors of the Academy, actually looking for a monitor. Accompanied by three SSS officers, she stumbles across one close to a bar and the company stops to checks it.

"I like the look of that one," she comments and points to one of the intel missions. "Just what our ship is best at: Spying."

"Kind of high risk, don't you think?" asks Nogrochny, a seargant in Beta company. He doesn't sound worried though, neither do the other two officers look it, but he does have a point.

"I'm sure it is," Roxborough replies. "But I haven't got money to pay the crew salary for this month, so if you think any of the others sound better...?"

The men shake their heads Nogrochny slaps her back. "It's you decision," he points out. They all hurry back to the Manticore as quickly as possible, wanting to take off soon, lest they lose the mission to any other freelancers.

Well inside the cramped bridge, Roxborough hails the dock central:

"This is the Manticore asking for take-off clearance," she says, handling the business without screens or any other visual communiciations. "And you can tell the mission planners to have 85 000 C's ready when we're done with mission 3," she points out as data begins processing and the friggatte begins to loosen from the holds of the Academy.

"Sure, whatever," is te reply from te speakers. "You're clear for take-off, Manticore. Good luck."

As the impulse drive brings the Manticore farther and farther away from the Academy, Roxborough says to the pilots: "Okay: Start up a hole leading to Devorran space. No use wasting time."
MISSION 3

GATHER INTEL

a) any Devorran survive
b) recover Devorran Tech

Rewards - 85000c

1 - Dunin Hemm

Your ship leaves the space station and you announce tyour destination it will take you 6 jumps to get there

EO - sir we will have to refuel along the way we have enought for only 5 jumps (each jump takes 20 light years)

SO - scans inidicate that there is a Gas Nebulae around our 4th Jump point capt about 3 light years from it

TO - we will have to be careful thats uncharted space

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 9 Sep 2005 at 13:44.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 13:48   #121
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
Fluffie smiled and then unsmiled his smile. No coffee?

"No coffee?"

But coffee is the beginning of a good...

Uh, yeah.

"Maybe you are right, we ought to depart before the vultures sees us and decide to join in. We will meet on the outside."

Fluffie nods and then walks off, still sulking a wee lil' bit about the lack of coffee drinking. But he'd live, he had survived worse...
post for both kama and Fluffie

MISSION 5

GATHER INTEL

Rewards - 95000c

1 - Fluffie
2 - Kama

Your ships leave the Space station

on baords fluffies ship the No1 hands him a thermos containing some really strong hot coffee just the way he likes it

both your Helms link to one another and plot a course

on board Kamas ship

SO - we have plotted a course that will take us on a fairly safe route

TO - according to data it should take us 5 jumps to get to our destination

EO - we will have to refuel along the way

SO - scans indicate that there is a Space Station along our route at Jump point 4 about 2 light years away from the emerge point - however it is in neutral space and is held by the Crimson Fist Mercanaries

TO - we will have to be carefull ther is strong NSR patrols in that area as the Crimson Fist strike NSR space.

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 9 Sep 2005 at 13:58.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 14:03   #122
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
Hmm . . . don't recall having ever tangled with the Insectids. I think I'll give them a go - Mission 7 for me please (or possibly Mission 4 if I decide against Mission 7).
mission 6 you mean

MISSION 6

GATHER INTEL

a) any Insectid survive
b) recover Insectid Tech

Rewards - 95000c

1 - Inspectre

Your ship leaves space dock from ANKAA its course Insectid Space

your crew are nervous - a few have fought some MANTIS vessels in the past and everyone knows the link bewtween the MANTIS and the INSECTID.

SO - the tyrip will take us 5 jumps to get there sir

SO - best point would be jump point 4 sir there is an old abandoned refinery in a star system about 5 light years from the jump point sir - it is an old NSC base sir - they should have the fuel there

TO - we would have to be careful sir according to our lastest intel there have been numerous Bandit Sightings near that system - data seems to include at least one Captiol ship (Cruiser sized or above)

Helm - yeah i heard about that may be a Carrier - would make sense

EO - i have heard that rumour too

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 9 Sep 2005 at 14:13.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 14:15   #123
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Mission 8 for me please. I'll post properlly about taking the job later.
MISSION 8

BOUNTY HUNT

GARGAN - Escort Carrier

Speciales in Hit and Run

Reward - 95000c

1 - Planetkiller

your ship leaves the Space Station and sets course for the Rim Territories - the KILAWAYU GAS CLOUD

EO - this will take us 4 jumps we will have to refuel sir

SO - data indicates that there is a convoy route near the Gas Cloud sir - we have the schedules and there is a DEUTERIUM CONVOY due - 6 bulk frieghters with a police cruiser escort - the IS LANGLEY sir

TO - this is too good an opportunity to miss he shoud probably attack at least one of the frieghters sir he may lay a trap.

No1 - mmmmm easy money me thinks

the crew laugh......

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 9 Sep 2005 at 14:25.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 14:27   #124
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Cid: I understand that we wont be able to attack them head on, thus I have a strategy planned out. I see on your ship schematics that you have gattling lasers. We can use those to knock out the destroyer's bridges from a long ranged distance. Any fighters they send I can easily knock them out with my own, as well as multiple missile barrages. When the destroyers are down we can capture the carrier and tow the destroyers back for repairs and claiming. Sounds simple enough, lets just hope the odds are with us on this one.
again one post for the three of you

MISSION 9

BOUNTY HUNT

Capture/Kill - LADY HAWK - a self styled female who is particularrly ruthless and uses KYLTHIUM powerd ships

captains 3 ships

1 x Fast Attack Carrier - THE SCYTHE

Reward - 125000c

1 - Acid K
2 - Flapjack
3 - Urquan

your ships leave the space station of ANKAA behind and form up for the jumps

on board AK ship

No1 - well we have 2 other captains with us sir so that should even the odds

Comms - incoming signal sir from ANKAA

SO - seems we have some data too - down loading

Comms - transmission complete

SO - uh oh

TO - My god .......

No1 - hands a data pad to you

SO - lastest data indicates that LADY HAWK has a new flagship - A COMMAND CARRIER taken in a recent battle with the NSR.

No1- this changes things - we are surely not going to take on a KYLTHIUM powered Command Carrier are we

MC - but this is the opportunity you have been waiting sir - that ship could become the new SHRAANIAN Fleet flagship.

No1 - it would be tough

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 9 Sep 2005 at 14:36.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 14:37   #125
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Rank and Score

Ranks

1 - Lt Commander Acid-K:
Score: 0
Medals: 0
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

2 - Lt Commander Fluffie:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

3 - Lt Commander Flapjack:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

4 - Lt Commander Inspectre:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

5 - Lt Commander Hewitt:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

6 - Lt Commander Spritley Zombie
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

7 - Lt Commander J-Kama-Ka-C
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

8 - Lt Commander Dunin Hemm
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

9 - Lt Commander Planet Killer
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

10 - Lt Commander Urquan
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 14:39   #126
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Bounties

1 - Lt Commander Urquan - Bounty 25000c

Crimes - Theft of NSR property

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 14:41   #127
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

NOTE

Spritely zombie needs to choose a mission

Unread 9 Sep 2005, 23:31   #128
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Cid looked at the new data in front of him and thought carefully. A Kylithium-powered Command Carrier, it would be like breaking a thick metal wall with a paint brush and probably as pathetic. However he knew that a Command Carrier would be easily stolen, if he could get the marines into the ship firstly.

Cid: Send Ankaa a message, inform them of the heightened risk of the bounty and inform them that the reward is to be tripled, otherwise this will be one hell of a suicide mission.
Comms: Sending the message now, sir.
Cid: Open communications to the other two capatains.
Comms: Aye, sir.

Cid waited until communications were up before speaking.

Cid: This is Cid Killer of the Shraanian Fleet Carrier Gripstar. I am afraid we may have some trouble ahead of us, it seems this Lady Hawk has swapped her old flagship for a Command Carrier, thus making this mission much harder than originally anticipated. However I have asked Ankaa to triple the reward for Lady Hawk's capture, so it will not all be in vain. The plan still stays the same, we sit at a distance and disable the Attack Destroyers, taking them over and getting them ready. Then we take on the carrier with everything we have got, however as it will be Kylithium-Powered it will not be an easy task. The destroyers, also Kylithium-Powered, I will gracefully leave you to keep or destroy at your own desicion, however the Command Carrier will only be taken by my own marines.

Cid grinned, all the officers looked at him as if they knew all about suicide. They were Shraanians, suicide was their way of life and they would gladly die for the Shraanian Cause. Cid knew they were all honourable to the core and, as they were almost fearless, they were second-to-none during battle as they would still fight whilst they are dying of one way or another. This mission, Cid thought, would be a test of their courage and their fearless motions.

Cid: I am not an evil person nor am I a controlling one, however I will warn you that any marines sent into the Command Carrier that is not part of the Shraanian Fleet will be shot down before it gets close to that ship. I do not wish this to be the case, however since we will be within a fine line of the Shraanian Borders I will see to it that if this request is granted to me, trading passage into the Shraan trading worlds will be given. Cid out.

Cid waited for the communications to drop before shaking his head carefully.

No1: Are you sure they will listen to you, sir?
Cid: They have a few choices, either they go with my request and be granted rights into the trading worlds of Shraan. They could ignore my request and be shot down from the spacelines by myself or thatCommand Carrier, and trust me we will need all the help we can get on this one. Or they can go back to Ankaa and wait a long time for another opertunity such as this one to arise, and beleive me it will be a very long time until it does. Besides, they have been given a grand opertunity, to possess destroyers that contain Kylithium weapons, engines and so-forth. Those Destroyers could take on cruiseras for crying out loud.
WC: Then why, exactly, are we going up against them if they are so powerful?
Cid: Simple, we also have Kylithium technology, just hidden away from the schimatics as to not get hunted by crazed hunters or powerful vessels.
Helm: Course set, sir.
Cid: Good, ready for hyperjump on my signal. Power up the Hellbore Cannon, we may need to fire it as soon as we drop out of hyperspace. I know it will take a lot of energy from the ship, however you can use the energy from the blasters as well as shut down the Holodeck temporarily until we reach our destination.
Helm: Course set, hyperjump ready.
WO: Charging the main cannon now, sir.

Cid took this moment to open a new cup of Shraanian Coffee, the first from the batch taken from the Hydroponics lab. Cid loved this coffee, hot or cold, it made you instantly awake, but it did not make you hyperactive nor did it have any adverse side-effects. It kept him on edge, kept his thoughts precise and alert, making sure he did not miss any more opertunities that may arise.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 05:03   #129
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

* Dr. Burnham was on the bridge of his ship, reading an interesting article in the Kipirial Times about the shameless theft of a new experimental NSR fleet carrier when suddenly an alarm went off.

SO: "There appears to be a fire in cargobay 3a!"

Burnham: "A fire? What caused it?"

SO: "Unknown."

Burnham: "Well, inform Kyra and tell her to get the damage control teams down there to put it out. I'm going to have a look as well."

SO: "Yes, Dr. Burnham!"

* Burnham went down to cargobay 3 as fast as he could and discovered that he got there before anyone else did. He found the fire in one corner of the room, and standing next to it, was Judy, his helmswoman. Enthralled, she was staring at the fire, shouting "Burn! Burn baby! Burn!". At that point, Kyra came storming into the room with a handful of people from the damage control team. Whereas they had their normal working outfits on, Kyra was dressed in a thick black coat with a heavy looking belt around it. From the belt hung various tools, including a small handaxe. On her head was a bright yellow helmet with the number 13 on it. In her hands she was holding a fire extinguisher. She screamed and then vigorously charged the flames with the extinguisher. It took her only a few seconds to put the fire out when she did, the spell that had kept Judy in her grip, was broken and sobbing she fell into Dr. Burnham's arms.

Judy: "What have I done? Oh what have I done?"

* Dr. Burnham took her in his arms and comfortly patted her on the back as he looked around the room and saw the fire hadn't done any real damage.

Burnham: "There there, it's not so bad. Judy, you are still taking your medication, are you not?"

Judy: "Yes Dr. Burnham. It just all got a little too much for me. I mean, those men. They had families too!"

Burnham: "Men? What men?"

Judy: "Those soldiers! The men Kyra killed on the NSR spacestation!"

Burnham: "But that was over a month ago!"

Judy: "I know! But that doesn't make it any better, does it? They're still dead!"

Burnham: "Tell you what; why don't you and I go to my room and there we'll have a nice soothing cup of tea and if you want we can talk about it. You'll feel a lot better afterwards, I promise.

Judy: "Yes. Yes, I'd like that. Thank you Dr. Burnham."

* About an hour later, Dr. Burnham and Judy return to the bridge.

Comms: "Dr. Burnham! I have... I have... Penis! I have just received word from... from the Ankaa spacestation that... that there are two other. Morons! I mean, two other captains that have... Have selected the same assignment as... as... Jerk! As us. And... and... and also that... that... we're up against a... Vagina! Anus! Prick! A command carrier!"

Burnham: "Hm, that is some very bad news indeed. I suppose it'd be sensible for us to work together and have a proper plan. Find their ships and send both of them a greeting and a request for cooperation."

Comms: "There's an incoming message from a certain captain... Poopface! I mean captain Killer, Dr. Burnham."

Burnham: "A captain Killer you say? Alright Kimberly, let's listen to it."

* After Dr. Burnham has listened to Killer's message, he took a cigar from his pocket, put it in his mouth and patted his pockets for some matches. Suddenly there was the sound of a flint making sparks and a burning lighter was presented to him. Burnham lighted his cigar and as he looked up to see who offered him this small service, his eyes met the ecstatic grin of Judy, his helmswoman.

Burnham: "Eh... Thank you, Judy. Would you please give me that lighter?"

* Judy looked a little crestfallen as she handed the lighter to Dr. Burnham.

Burnham: "Oh don't worry. I'm just keeping it here so it won't get damaged and you have your hands free to steer the ship. Tell you what; to show that I have confidence in you, the next time I want a cigar, you may light it for me, ok?"

* This seemed to cheer her up and she happily hopped back to her seat.

Burnham: "Now then, let's get back to business. Kimberly, please open a channel to captain Killer and ummm... Who's the other captain that's coming with us?"

SO: "Captain Flapjack from The Phoenix Rising and captain Cid Killer from The Gripstar Dr. Burnham. I just looked it up."

Burnham: "Good work Larry. Alright, Kimberly, open a channel to captain Killer as well as captain Flapjack. I want both of them to hear what I have to say."

Comms: "Channels open."

Burnham: "Greetings, captain Killer and captain Flapjack. Please let me introduce myself; my name is Burnham. Now that the introductions are over, I'd like to get down to business. I'd like to say a few things in response to captain Killer's transmission. I assume captain Flapjack has received it is all? Yes? Good. Well then. First of all, seem to be having the same objectives and so we would like to cooperate in a joint venture to maximise our profits and minimise our casualties. We also appreciate the need for a 'leader' and feel that captain Killer might indeed be most suitable choice for this since he claims to know the area as well as the Kylithium technology. However, when it comes to the spoils of war, there's a point I wish to make. I find it inappropriate that captain Killer claims the command carrier for himself and pretends to be doing us a favour by letting captain Flapjack and me keep the destroyers that are, according to current market values, worth maybe 10% of what the command carrier is worth. I am sure you will both agree when I say that there are three of us and I doubt that any of us could pull this off just by themselves, so I consider us all to be equal in this mission. We are all putting our lives at risk here, so I'd like to see to a more equal distribution of the spoils and I think captain Flapjack will agree with me here."
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 12:43   #130
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Comms: Sir, we are receiving a transmission from a Dr Burnham, the third captain on this mission and captain of the Outcast Fleet Carrier.
Cid: Open the channel for receive only.
Comms: Aye, sir.

Cid listened to the transmission in full, sipping the last dregs of coffee from his mug before shaking his head and thinking to himself.

Cid: How can you divide a Command Carrier, 125,000 credits and two attack destroyers equally? Unless... no, they wouldn't do that...
No1: Do what, sir?
Cid: I really doubt two pirates would be interested in the Shraanian Fleet, I doubt they would be interested in Kylithium either, since they will have what they will need on those Destroyers... Pio?
Comms: Aye, ca\p'n
Cid: Open communications to The Outcast and the Phoenix Rising.

Cid waited a while for the communications to be open before sighing and thinking, and then speaking.

Cid: It looks as if we are in a bargain loop, unless I give up my share of the bounty then we cannot negotiate. However, seeing as we do not know what will happen during this hunt, we will come to an agreement when we have a full list of spoils to divide. In the mean time let us discuss the battle plan and how we are going to take down that Command Carrier without blowing it to peices.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 11 Sep 2005, 20:08   #131
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Flapjack looked at his bridgecrew. Several shaking faces looked back at him

Flapjack: "Comms, ready a secure channel to The Gripstar, just in case. Then open a channel to both of the others."
Comms: "Secure channel awaiting confirmation from the Gripstar, public channel open."
Flapjack: "If this is correct, it wouldn't be first time intelligence failed, would it? Then Lady Hawk would most likely have only just recently acquired that ship, in which case it's unlikely to have been properly integrated with any kylithium enhancements. In addition captain, or is doctor as my No1 informs me? A trade-route into the Shraanian empire would be worth quite a lot. Either way I'm willing to risk it, if things turn bad we can always make a run for it, the bigger their ship, the slower they are."

No1: "All systems show greenlight, linear drive charged and course matched with captain Cid's ship. Still awaiting confirmation from the Outcast. Which reminds me to add, did you know that ship's captain has a bounty on his head for stealing NSR property? It lists him stealing a ship, but doesn't detail which ship."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 19:54   #132
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

teh quicker you do your replies the quicker i can respond as this week i have a lot of time

Unread 12 Sep 2005, 19:58   #133
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

I'm going to have to budge out of this. With my new job and all, I don't have enough energy for a forum RP. Sorry LH.
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 21:09   #134
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
post for both kama and Fluffie

MISSION 5

GATHER INTEL

Rewards - 95000c

1 - Fluffie
2 - Kama

Your ships leave the Space station

on baords fluffies ship the No1 hands him a thermos containing some really strong hot coffee just the way he likes it

both your Helms link to one another and plot a course

on board Kamas ship

SO - we have plotted a course that will take us on a fairly safe route

TO - according to data it should take us 5 jumps to get to our destination

SO - scans indicate that there is a Space Station along our route at Jump point 4 about 2 light years away from the emerge point - however it is in neutral space and is held by the Crimson Fist Mercanaries

TO - we will have to be carefull ther is strong NSR patrols in that area as the Crimson Fist strike NSR space.

[This all be pre-entering Crimson Fist space-jump.]
No. 1 - "Sir."

Coffee!

"Coffee!"

Fluffie takes the thermos, smiling happily. Opening it, he doesn't bother to get a cup or mug - real men drink it from the thermos!

From the thermos, yeah!

So, Fluffie drinks his coffee, hot 'n strong, from the thermos.

"Thanks man. Did I ever tell you that ye're the best No. 1 I ever had?"

No. 1 - grinning, as he had been told so before - "Mayhaps..."

WO - "But isn't he also the only, or rather, first one you ever had?"

Wow-a, hot coffee!

SO - "Good to have a science ship with us on this mission, although if those critters live..."

WO - "They'll meet the fury of our Reflex Cannons..."

Helm - "If you're able to hit something that moves..."

SO - "But large bodies in space also move, y'know..."

Hot, hot!

Comms - giggles - "Not erraticly and evasively though..."

WO - frowning - "They're no match for me and even if they think they are, they're..."

"No match for you and the righteous Advanced Tactics Computer..."

SO - "Plus upgrade!"

"I gave you?"

WO - "Yeah oh yeah, yeah..."

EO - "Better hope I keep it smooth and oily then, eh? But to slice this pie and dump a more serious issue on the table..."

No. 1 - "We have a matter of refueling at hand."

Comms - "Lila told me all those Crimson Fist Mercenaries wear crimson clothes, y'know?"

SO - "Lila?"

Comms - "Yes, Lila?"

WO - "All those Comms girls, you don't know?"

EO - "They all know each other. They talk a lot, Comms girls, right?"

WO - "Right!"

SO - "Ah, k."

Comms - "She also said the NSR liked to strike back at those Fists there too."

WO - "Know what I think?"

EO - "Come in weapons charged or already charging?"

WO - "Exactly!"

No. 1 - "The mercenaries might not entirely like that though."

"I see. Nona, open a channel to our scanny friend?"

Comms - "Channel open, sir!"

"Ahoy, Lt. Commander Kama. As it seems we'll be refueling in a possibly NSR attack zone, should we go in with our main weapons charged or charging, or do you deem it best to just hope the NSR isn't there and that the Crimson Fist likes us enough to let us refuel and not kill us instantly?"

[In case somebody wonders how I know something that happened on Kama's ship, the answer to your question is either (or both):

a) my SO is just as smart (or at least, he should be and I really want him to be so I'm just assuming he is until told otherwise
b) I evilly and secretly planted a bug on Kama ]
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 07:09   #135
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Burnham: "Perhaps you are right, captain Killer. It seems indeed a little premature to haggle over who is to get what before the battle has even started. I've had my science offer run a little background check on you and it seems you've got quite a reputation, and are also a man of your word. Therefore, I shall put my faith in you and trust that you will deal with us fairly once the outcome of this battle has been decided. Now, before we continue our conversation, perhaps we could switch to visual contact? I would very much like to see the faces of the people I am dealing with."

Burnham: "Kimberly, please add video to our transmission and put captains Killer and Flapjack on the viewscreen."

Comms: "Poop! I mean, done!"

* The communications officer tapped a single button and the viewscreen sprang to life. The screen was split in half and on the left side it showed captain Flapjack whereas, several seconds later, on the right side captain Killer's face appeared.

Burnham: "Ahhh, gentlemen, so good to see you. Now then, while we were talking, I've had my tactical officer work out a plan. I know I do not have a lot of battle experience myself, but do not worry, for I assure you that I have very competent officers. If I may be allowed to explain the plan? Thank you."

Burnham: "Letice, where's your analysis?"

TO: "Right here, honey."

* The black man in posh evening dress that had adopted the name 'Letice', opened his handbag and took out a datapad which he then handed to Dr. Burnham. Letice looked at the viewscreen that was showing both captains and then smiled and winked at captain Flapjack before returning to his station.

Burnham: "Right. It says here that the biggest threat comes from the command carrier, which is fairly obvious. We might not be able to take it on directly, therefore it would be very helpful if we could disable and capture both of the destroyers to increase our attack potential.

The easiest way to do this, would be to single out one of the destroyers and then for all three of us to exit hyperspace right next to it. This is tricky, but my ship has very advanced computer and sensor equipment and we believe we can pinpoint their locations upto several minutes before we drop out of hyperspace. Now, the enemy ship will probably be completely taken by surprise and won't be able to react fast enough to our attack. Once we arrive, we should immediately fire all weapons, including missile weapons, at the destroyer, and this should cause their systems to overload, rendering them temporarily helpless. Then we should launch all our fighters and I shall also have a boarding party ready to take control of the destroyer and in the mean time, my fighters and both your ships can quickly disable the other destroyer before we take on the command carrier.

I believe that if we concentrate our combined firepower on a single target at a time, we stand a much better chance than when we all take on a diffrent target. In case you are wondering why it should be me that boards the first destroyer, then this is because it is the most sensible choice. My ship lacks major offensive weapons; my attack potential comes from my fighters and they will help you take out the second destroyer.

At this point it seems too early to come up with a proper plan to tackle that command carrier. We need some more detailed information. However, it stands to reason that if we manage to capture both destroyers intact, we will stand much more of a chance.

One last thing, and I believe this only concerns captain Killer, since captian Flapjack doesn't seem to have any fighter squadrons; both my tactical officer as well as my wingcommander seem to agree that for the duration of this battle, both our fighter squadrons would benefit greatly from a single joined fleet command for their operations. Since my ship has a command bridge and will mostly stay behind in battle, it seems the most logical choice for this and your wingcommander is welcome to supervise the entire operation from here."
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 13:54   #136
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Kama was looking bored, he'd casually been reviewing Ankaa's reports, while in his left hand touching through the "very officially obtained" schematic to Fluff's ship. He'd already put the ship's science teams to work studying any acual battle prowess the ship might display... so far they'd burnt out three terminals running simulations of the Outsider in minor skirmishers.

"We're doomed... we won't even make it to Borg space, he's going to get us killed."

*His personal viewscreen flicked to an external camera, Kama tapped the controls and the image pixelated slightly as it zoomed in closer and remastered the image. Their ship's sensors had located several portholes, heavily armoured, but still two-way windows that could be exploited if you had the extrapolating power. It was taking up most of the science labs redundant processors, but Kama's crew had cobbled together the reflections and blurs of three separate angles on the porthole and started building a virtual image of inside Fluffie's bridge.

"Why does he make the comms officer sit there... he must be mental, the sheer lack of ergonomics boggles the mind... *sigh* Wish I knew what he was planning, oh blast, looks like he's making her open a channel... better be on the safe side."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Fluffie one
"I see. Nona, open a channel to our scanny friend?"

Comms - "Channel open, sir!"

"Ahoy, Lt. Commander Kama. As it seems we'll be refueling in a possibly NSR attack zone, should we go in with our main weapons charged or charging, or do you deem it best to just hope the NSR isn't there and that the Crimson Fist likes us enough to let us refuel and not kill us instantly?"
*Sure enough, the message turned out to be for Kama*

"Ah Mr. Fluffie (you're the one going to get us attacked with those weapons) so nice to talk with you at last. Yes, I imagine either group could prove problematic if we run into bad tempers. If we can lie low long enough, I'm sure we'll make it to Borg space and the real action zone...

My navigation computers have devised waypoints for both our trips - very efficient, but if you don't mind,I think we'll let your ship take point after the jump, we are but a humble... research... vessel after all."

Last edited by J-Kama-Ka-C; 15 Sep 2005 at 14:08.
J-Kama-Ka-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 15:59   #137
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Cid: It seems that this is a logical choice, a single unit of fighters can be as damaging as a cruiser, however they can also be easily hit. We must be cautious if this will be the case. My Wing Commander will supervise.

Cid looked at Dr. Burnham on the screen with his real eye as his electrical one was occupied in scanning battle proceedures.

Cid: We may be in a bit of bad luck if the Command Carrier will be hanging around those destroyers in a too close for comfort way, however we may be in a spot of good luck for once. It seems we shall go with this plan for now, however I beleive the tactics may have to change if luck is not with us on this one.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 16:28   #138
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mission 1

ARMS SMUGGLING

Rewards - 10000c

1 - Hewitt

Your ship leaves the Space station -

your ship is greeted by the 2 Cargo Freighters that Carry the Arms for the World of ALSARE PRIME VII

they are 2 Bulk Frieghters with no weapons (for extra cargo space) but they have shields

COPPITT 1

COPPITT 2

your jump goes with out hitch

Remaining Fuel - 90%
All Systems - Green

Before you lies the vast expanse of the Badlands of the VALMORRAN sector - your ships sensors will be only 50% effective in this area.

TO - Sir we will have to cross the EXCLUSION ZONE

SO - ALSARE PRIME lies 3 light years past the EXCLUSION ZONE
"...there all over us captain!"

"Counting three hundred fighters and counting, god damn it where did they come from I saw nothing!"

"Get us out of here right now helm. Full wrap speed."

"Can't captain, some kinda energy distortion is holding us in place. We stuck."

"Crap."

"Oh shit, here they come..."

"Port shields are down! Hull breaches on decks nine, ten, and eleven!"

"Engines are down! We're losing power..."

"I have no control!"

"Fires on decks two, six, seven, damnit there too many to contain."

"We're being pulled into the atmosphere!"

"Mayday, mayday, mayday. All hands evacuate immediately. We are going down, repeat. We are going down. Mayday, mayday, mayday..."

"God damn it captain we've gotta go! The ships headed for the surface!"

"I'm not going anywhere. You go, all of you go."

"You can't stay! The ships a dead stick!"

"Three minutes to impact..."

"Go, now."

"You'll die ffs!"

"I said GO!"

"This isn't the glory days captain! Captains don't go down with their ships anymore, we need you on the ground."

"No...."

"Two minutes to impact..."

"Damn it captain wake up to yourself! This isn't the way!"

"Leave damnit!"

"You've gotta wake up to yourself!"

"NO!"

"Wake up captain! WAKE UP!"

SO: "...captain, wake up captain."

Hewitt: "Huh?"

SO: "You told me to wake you when we neared the end of the jump..."

Hewitt: "Yes... yes of course. Thank you miss Clark. You may return to your duties now, I'll see you on the bridge in five minutes."

SO: "Yes sir... you sure there isn't anything else sir? You look a bit flustered."

Hewitt: "No, no... just a bit warm in here that's all, probably the life support playing up again. I'll have Mr Thomas look at it."

SO: "Ok then sir. See you on the bridge."

-----------------

Later....

TO/No 1: "Captain on the bridge!"

WO: "Damn it Tim, do you really have to do that? Everytime you do it damn near scares the shit out of me."

TO/No 1: "I know. That's one of the main reasons I do it."

WO: "You are aware I'm sitting on about twenty dozen weapons triggers here right?"

Hewitt: "No 1, report."

TO/No 1: "Sir we will have to cross the EXCLUSION ZONE..."

SO: "...ALSARE PRIME lies 3 light years past the EXCLUSION ZONE."

EO: "Ok... I know you two are twins, but the whole finishing ones sentences and all that? It creeps me out m'kay?"

WO: "Seconded."

SO: "Yeah. I love you all too..."

TO/No 1: *grins* "...sweeties."

WO: "Right that's it. Where'd I put my gun..."

Hewitt: "Ok. Helm, take us in at half impulse and keep an eye out for random debris. Our clients still with us?"

SO: "COPPITT 1 and 2 report all systems green.... and I'm being told to... yeah... what!? Scott!"

EO: "Hehe... sorry Abby, but me and the frieghter captain got talking while you were back with the cap and well... it kinda slipped out."

SO: "Rrrr!"

Hewitt: "Ok everyone, fun's over. It's time to get serious, they don't call them the 'Badlands' for nothing. Let's stay sharp."

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 01:32   #139
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

The bulletin board read “Nordan Deus, Dead or Alive, Reward - 95000c”. Nathan Gains contemplated it for a moment, then looked at the short wiry man next to him.

“It’s a good choice, Palen. Nice price, nice target.”

Lieutenant Palen Opek nodded in agreement.

“I heard the Red Roses talking about him. They didn’t think much of him. I know he does control three ships at least though, including an escort carrier. It’s no going to be a pushover.”

“The Nirai Kanai may be small, but she packs a punch. We’ll handle the pirate. Tell the bounty-master that we’ll take the job, then see if you can pick up any intelligence on him. I want to be prepared here. If it comes down to a straight shooting match... well... they’ve got more guns. I need something to work out an operations plan from.”

The intelligence officer did not reply, he just nodded and sauntered off, blending into the crowd as only he knew how.

ooc// This is kind of a request for the specs on the enemy ships. You mentioned that if I took the mission, they would be supplied Once I have that, I'll work up a longer post.//ooc

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 09:43   #140
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
"...there all over us captain!"

"Counting three hundred fighters and counting, god damn it where did they come from I saw nothing!"

"Get us out of here right now helm. Full wrap speed."

"Can't captain, some kinda energy distortion is holding us in place. We stuck."

"Crap."

"Oh shit, here they come..."

"Port shields are down! Hull breaches on decks nine, ten, and eleven!"

"Engines are down! We're losing power..."

"I have no control!"

"Fires on decks two, six, seven, damnit there too many to contain."

"We're being pulled into the atmosphere!"

"Mayday, mayday, mayday. All hands evacuate immediately. We are going down, repeat. We are going down. Mayday, mayday, mayday..."

"God damn it captain we've gotta go! The ships headed for the surface!"

"I'm not going anywhere. You go, all of you go."

"You can't stay! The ships a dead stick!"

"Three minutes to impact..."

"Go, now."

"You'll die ffs!"

"I said GO!"

"This isn't the glory days captain! Captains don't go down with their ships anymore, we need you on the ground."

"No...."

"Two minutes to impact..."

"Damn it captain wake up to yourself! This isn't the way!"

"Leave damnit!"

"You've gotta wake up to yourself!"

"NO!"

"Wake up captain! WAKE UP!"

SO: "...captain, wake up captain."

Hewitt: "Huh?"

SO: "You told me to wake you when we neared the end of the jump..."

Hewitt: "Yes... yes of course. Thank you miss Clark. You may return to your duties now, I'll see you on the bridge in five minutes."

SO: "Yes sir... you sure there isn't anything else sir? You look a bit flustered."

Hewitt: "No, no... just a bit warm in here that's all, probably the life support playing up again. I'll have Mr Thomas look at it."

SO: "Ok then sir. See you on the bridge."

-----------------

Later....

TO/No 1: "Captain on the bridge!"

WO: "Damn it Tim, do you really have to do that? Everytime you do it damn near scares the shit out of me."

TO/No 1: "I know. That's one of the main reasons I do it."

WO: "You are aware I'm sitting on about twenty dozen weapons triggers here right?"

Hewitt: "No 1, report."

TO/No 1: "Sir we will have to cross the EXCLUSION ZONE..."

SO: "...ALSARE PRIME lies 3 light years past the EXCLUSION ZONE."

EO: "Ok... I know you two are twins, but the whole finishing ones sentences and all that? It creeps me out m'kay?"

WO: "Seconded."

SO: "Yeah. I love you all too..."

TO/No 1: *grins* "...sweeties."

WO: "Right that's it. Where'd I put my gun..."

Hewitt: "Ok. Helm, take us in at half impulse and keep an eye out for random debris. Our clients still with us?"

SO: "COPPITT 1 and 2 report all systems green.... and I'm being told to... yeah... what!? Scott!"

EO: "Hehe... sorry Abby, but me and the frieghter captain got talking while you were back with the cap and well... it kinda slipped out."

SO: "Rrrr!"

Hewitt: "Ok everyone, fun's over. It's time to get serious, they don't call them the 'Badlands' for nothing. Let's stay sharp."

Mission 1

ARMS SMUGGLING

Rewards - 10000c

1 - Hewitt

COPPITT 1

COPPITT 2

Remaining Fuel - 90%
All Systems - Green

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are on the edge of the EXCLUSION ZONE

Helm - taking us in sir

Comms - Incoming Message sir ..... location an NSR warning sattellite

WARNING +++++ WARNING +++++ WARNING

YOU ARE ENTERING THE VALMORAN EXPANSE (AKA THE BADLANDS) ENTRY TO THIS SECTOR IS AT YOUR OWN RISK

.... message repeats

No1 - well here we go - ship to yellow alert

Your ship crosses into the Exclusion Zone

Time passes

1 light year into the expanse

SO - scans indicate 2 ships closing fast sir - they do not match any KIPIRE or NSR ships sir

Comms - they are not answering the hails

The ships open fire

Ship Specs -

Brigand Class Destroyer Leader
1150 tonnes hold

Shields (6):
x2 Heavy Shield (6)

Weaponry (14+6=20):
x1 Gatling Phaser 9 (20)

External (10):
N/A

Additional (10):
x6 Weaponry Mount (6)
x2 Drive Mount (2)

x1 Medium Hull Armour Plating (1)
x1 Advanced AI Ships Computer (1)

Drives (1+2=3):
x1 Cold Fusion Drive (1)
x1 Impulse Drive (1)

x1 Hyper Drive (1)

Your ships

Ship Name - The Wanderer

Ship Hull
Heavy Cruiser - c 50000
Extra Hull
10 shield mounts
30 turret mounts
10 external mounts
20 additional mounts
7000 tonnes cargo hold

Ship Engines
Primary
1x Impulse Drive (1 engine mount) - 2000c

Secondary
4x Cold Fusion Drive (4 additional mounts) - 800c

FTL
2x Hyperdrives (2 additional mounts) - 600c

Ship Armour (Heavy Cruiser type - up to 3 hulls permitted)
Tri-layered Heavy Armour Plating (3 additional mounts) - 15000c

Ship Shields
3x Heavy Shield Generators (9 shield mounts) - 3000c
1x Meta Shielding (1 shield mount) - 6000c

Ship Weapons
Point defence
1x AFD (2 turret mount) - 150c
1x AFD II (4 turret mounts) - 500c
1x AMD III (4 turret mounts) - 500c

Main Batteries
1x Particle Cannon (8 turret mounts + 2 additional mounts) - 3000c
4x Photon Cannons (8 turret mounts) - 6000c
4x Light Blaster Cannons (2 turret mounts) - 2000c
2x Light Ion Cannons (2 turret mounts) - 2000c

Missile Banks
8x Gravatic Missile Launchers (8 external mounts, 48 missile salvo capacity) - 800c
4x EMP Missile Launchers (4 external mounts, 80 missile salvo capacity) - 800c

Ship Systems
Onboard computer systems
Advanced AI Ships Computer (1 additional mount + 1 tonne of cargo space) - 250c
Advanced AI Upgrade (1 additional mount + 10 tonnes cargo) - 500c
Advanced Tactics Computer (1 additional mount) - 400c
Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade (1 additional mount + 10 tonnes cargo space) - 800c

Sensors
Deflector Dish (1 additional mount) - 300c
Lateral Sensor Array (1 additional mount + 3 external mounts) - 500c

Other
Advanced Engineering Bay (2 additional mounts) - 500c
Advanced Ship Probes (1 additional mount, 20 probes) - 50c
5x Armoured Escape Pods (5 external mounts, 100 launch tubes) - 500c

Ship Security
1x Marine Company (1 ton) - 500c
9x Infantry Companies (9 tonnes) - 900c

Ship Cargo
1x Case of Advanced Ship Probes (1 ton, 20 probes) - 50c
16x Clips of Gravatic Missile reloads (16 tonnes, 96 missiles) - 1600c

Hewitt -
Foward shield - 90%
Forward Port shield - 90%
port shield - 90%
aft port shield - 90%
aft shield - 90%

NPC Ships

Coppitt 1 -

Coppitt 2 -

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 19 Sep 2005 at 21:49.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 09:46   #141
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 3

GATHER INTEL

a) any Devorran survive
b) recover Devorran Tech

Rewards - 85000c

1 - Dunin Hemm

HAS NOW BEEN ABORTED BY THE PLAYER

Good luck mate!!!!

if you wanna join in later just post

Unread 16 Sep 2005, 09:51   #142
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
*Kama was looking bored, he'd casually been reviewing Ankaa's reports, while in his left hand touching through the "very officially obtained" schematic to Fluff's ship. He'd already put the ship's science teams to work studying any acual battle prowess the ship might display... so far they'd burnt out three terminals running simulations of the Outsider in minor skirmishers.

"We're doomed... we won't even make it to Borg space, he's going to get us killed."

*His personal viewscreen flicked to an external camera, Kama tapped the controls and the image pixelated slightly as it zoomed in closer and remastered the image. Their ship's sensors had located several portholes, heavily armoured, but still two-way windows that could be exploited if you had the extrapolating power. It was taking up most of the science labs redundant processors, but Kama's crew had cobbled together the reflections and blurs of three separate angles on the porthole and started building a virtual image of inside Fluffie's bridge.

"Why does he make the comms officer sit there... he must be mental, the sheer lack of ergonomics boggles the mind... *sigh* Wish I knew what he was planning, oh blast, looks like he's making her open a channel... better be on the safe side."

*Sure enough, the message turned out to be for Kama*

"Ah Mr. Fluffie (you're the one going to get us attacked with those weapons) so nice to talk with you at last. Yes, I imagine either group could prove problematic if we run into bad tempers. If we can lie low long enough, I'm sure we'll make it to Borg space and the real action zone...

My navigation computers have devised waypoints for both our trips - very efficient, but if you don't mind,I think we'll let your ship take point after the jump, we are but a humble... research... vessel after all."
MISSION 5

GATHER INTEL

Rewards - 95000c

1 - Fluffie

The Outsider
Lt. Commander Fluffie

300 c

Heavy Cruiser - 50 000 c
7 000 tonnes hold

Shields (10+2=12):
4x Heavy Shield (12) - 4 000 c

Weaponry (30+4=34):
2x Reflex Cannon (20) - 20 000 c

4x Particle Laser (8) - 6 000 c

1x Anti Missile Defence II (2) - 200 c
1x Anti Fighter Defence II (4) - 500 c

External (10):
N/A

Additional (20):
2x Shield Mount (2)
4x Weapon Mount (4)
4x Drive Mount (4)

2x Heavy Armour Plating (2) - 10 000 c

1x Advanced Tactics Computer [+ Upgrade] (2) - 1 200 c

Drives (1+4=5):
2x Impulse Drive (2) - 4 000 c
2x Warp Drive (2) - 1 000 c
1x Hyper Drive (1) - 300 c

Cargo Hold:
1x ADCT - 1 500 c
2x Marine Company - 1 000 c

2 - Kama

The Tuatha Dé Danann

Science Ship Hull

Shield
Phase Shields

Turret
Photon Cannon

External
Deflector Dish
Sensor Array

Additional
Phased Colapsium Hull Armour
Advanced Science Labs
Anti Matter Drive
Trans Warp Drive

500 tonnes hold
Space Surey Team
2700 spare credits

a post for both of you

you agree the route and prepare for the jump

Jump 1 - no problems
remaining fuel - 90%

Jump 2 - no problems
remaining fuel - 80%

Jump 3 - no problems
remaining fuel - 70%

Jump 4 -
remaiming fuel - 60%

SO - sir picking up scans - the space station is some ways off looks like there has been some activity

TO - this is not right

Comms - sir picking up a distress signal from the space station

..... zzzzzttzzzzz crackle ........ der attack ....... crackle bzzzzt ......y god where did they .... me from .....zzzztzzzz ....... ur weapons ......ztttttzzzzz ...... e no effect ...... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

SO - sir we have trans warp conduits opening in that area..... CHRONO BORG ship sir

No1 - well sir .... ????

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 19 Sep 2005 at 22:04.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 10:00   #143
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 6

GATHER INTEL

a) any Insectid survive
b) recover Insectid Tech

Rewards - 95000c

1 - Inspectre

need a reply please !!!!

Unread 16 Sep 2005, 10:04   #144
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
The bulletin board read “Nordan Deus, Dead or Alive, Reward - 95000c”. Nathan Gains contemplated it for a moment, then looked at the short wiry man next to him.

“It’s a good choice, Palen. Nice price, nice target.”

Lieutenant Palen Opek nodded in agreement.

“I heard the Red Roses talking about him. They didn’t think much of him. I know he does control three ships at least though, including an escort carrier. It’s no going to be a pushover.”

“The Nirai Kanai may be small, but she packs a punch. We’ll handle the pirate. Tell the bounty-master that we’ll take the job, then see if you can pick up any intelligence on him. I want to be prepared here. If it comes down to a straight shooting match... well... they’ve got more guns. I need something to work out an operations plan from.”

The intelligence officer did not reply, he just nodded and sauntered off, blending into the crowd as only he knew how.

ooc// This is kind of a request for the specs on the enemy ships. You mentioned that if I took the mission, they would be supplied Once I have that, I'll work up a longer post.//ooc

MISSION 8

BOUNTY HUNT

GARGAN - Escort Carrier

Speciales in Hit and Run

Reward - 95000c

1 - Planetkiller

Ship Name: Nirai Kanai

Corvette - c 15000

4 shield mounts
10 turret mounts
10 external mounts
10 additional mounts
1250 tonnes hold

Impulse Drive - c2000
Linear Drive - experimental - c1000
Fusion Drive - c 100 - x 300 energy units

2 x Nova Cannon - Advanced Phaser 4 - 3 Turret Mounts - fires photon and phaser blast in one beam a truly devastating weapon - c 1500

5 x Quantum Torpedoes - c 1000 - 2 shots per mount - long range - the best missiles around a truly devastating missile
5 x Phased Photon - c 1000 - 2 shots to a mount - this is the latest photon Torp - packs more of a punch and can be overloaded to cause more damage
1 x Medium Tau Cannon
4 turret mounts needs 1 separate fusion drive to power medium class weapon when it hits it hits all shields doing damage 1st to the shields sort of a cross between a Borg Photon Torp and an Ion Cannon and an EMP Cannon
cost – 15000c
3 x Tau Missiles
3 to a mount, these babies are the pinnacle of Missile Technology – they are the fastest missile around, have a high degree of accuracy, when they hit they drain ALL shields like the borg photon torp they also have an inbuilt computer that makes them hard to hit as they can avoid enemy fire to try to shoot them down
cost – 9000c

Ablative Armour - explosive armour effective against all weapons - c 5500
Phase Shields - c 6000

Deflector Dish - 1 additional mount or 1 external mount - Enhances the range of all ships sensors by 50% - c 300
Sensor Array - 1 add mount + 1 external mount - these are upgraded ships sensors allows scans of up to 1 light year - c 2000
Phase Scanners - new scanners with 25% more range and 25% more power - takes one additional slot but needs the deflector dish add on to work - c1000
Tractor Beam Mk X - 2 additional slots - this can be used as a weapon or part of point defense or to guide ships and cargo in - this has a short range capacity. again designed by Zappa. - c1500

5 x ‘Black Draconic’ Class Interceptor Striker
1 to a mount
Tau Shielding
X3 Tau Cannon
x6 AFD II
x2 AMD II
Impulse Drive
Hyper Drive
- 4000 each

5 x ‘Drake’ Class Anti Capital Ship Striker
2 to a mount
Heavy Shields
x2 Phaser G
x2 AFD II
x4 Cruise Missile
Impulse Drive
Hyper Drive
- 1100 each

1 additional mount, 2 shield mounts free

100c left

Time: T-Minus 5 Minutes

Major Nathan Gains strode on to the bridge of the Nirai Kanai and took his seat. The Captain’s seat, to be exact. The Nirai Kanai had never had a ‘Captain’ as such, and for as long as Gains could manage it, it would not. The Nirai Kanai was not a navy craft, but an army one. Though to be accurate, the army to which it had belonged to was no longer in the same form. The Nirai Kanai was a command craft of the ACE as-was, and Major Gains led the 55th Mobile ACE Pyrian Brigade, though among the Brigadesmen it was popularly known as the ‘Flying 55th’. Of course, a large portion of the 55th was not on board, still bogged down in fighting on Harrian Beta. It wouldn’t be a problem though, Major Gains trusted Captain Collie to both keep order and to bring the main fighting unit back in one piece. He had confidence in her. This mission wouldn’t require troops anyway. Gains keyed the all-units comm.

“Ops check.”

The squadron leaders reported back in unit code. Well, they were more flights than squadrons, a support team rather than proper combat units. Squadron Chief Farore reported first, since he commanded both the Black Draconic interceptors of Sceptre Group and the Drake bombers.

“Sceptre Group reports status 1-1-1.”

Next was the subdued tones of Squadron Lieutenant Jorson, the introspective and reserved bomber leader.

“Mace Group, 1-1-1.”

Gains’ second in command was the last one to speak, and he was sitting in front of Gains in the ops chair. Brigade Chief Justiman. Gains knew that he and Collie were... involved, but the Chief remained the epitome of professionalism, despite the missing Captain.

“Fighters report green. Missile banks loaded and ready. Jump lattice locked. BattleNet initialised... Tech Sergeant Reynolds says we are ready to micro-jump. Op is 1-1-1.”

“Excellent. Begin op countdown.”

“T-minus 2 minutes Major.”

Major Gains tapped his fingers on the armrest of his chair. For a Brigadesman, there was little worse than space operations. Besides the waiting, there was nothing real, nothing physical and tactile. Just buttons to push to make people die. Gains would put up with it for this mission at least though. His intelligence officer had picked out Border System 142A as a target for the presence of a certain space station. That of the Red Rose Pirates, a menace to both local trade and civilians. There had been seventeen attacks in the past month, none leaving anyone alive. Since ACE wasn’t about any more, the 55th got to do basically what it liked, and Gains was more than happy to do a little void work to rid space of trash like the Red Roses. The counter continued to drop, passing the one minute mark.

“Prepare for Jump 1. Sceptre, Mace, tuck in tight and be ready to come out fighting. We’ve got surprise on our side, but there may be sentries closer in system. I want a smooth strike, in and out.”

“5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Jump!”

As Chief Justiman’s words finished the Nirai Kanai corvette and ten accompanying fighters disappeared from reality for an instant, then reappeared a mere second later. In relative terms it was only a mere hop, outer system ring to inner. The Black Draconics and Drakes scattered on re-entry, as per the plan. The Nirai Kanai on the other hand just sat still. There was not a wink of power to her propulsion drives. The Chief bagan to comment on the situation.

“Target-designate is furballing. Multiple fighter signatures, on the high side, but within expected numbers. I count fourteen reflex missiles too. Looks like they’re going for overkill.”

The Major nodded, unconcerned.

“As expected.”

“As expected sir.”

Gains sighed.

“How did things get so bad that pirates like these got expensive hardware like reflex missiles.”

Justiman replied without taking his eyes from his screen.

“I know, Major, and yet our funds are getting short. We may need to take mercenary jobs soon. Jump 2 in twenty seconds.”

“As long as we can still do our job, mercenary jobs will be fine.”

Justiman finished his countdown two seconds before the missiles would have intersected with the Nirai Kanai. The little ship disappeared again, popping up merely a few hundred metres in front of the station, target designate. The reflex missiles, reacquiring their target from the Nirai Kanai’s IFF transponder looped around and back toward the corvette. The Sceptres and Maces were in full combat now, keeping missiles and fighters off their command ship.

“Jump 3 in twenty five seconds.”

“Open fire, all tubes.”

“Aye, tubes 1 through 13 firing. Mace, begin attack run.”

“Mace acknowledges, 4-2-4 Major.”

As Jorson’s voice on the radio faded, a storm of missiles was let loose from the various vessels. Three shield-draining Tau missiles led the way, with Cruise missiles, Quantum and Phased Photon torpedoes following.

“Is Lieutenant Opek on time?”

“Highly punctual. His pod is being recovered now, patching through.”

“Opek here, blowing charges on Nirai Kanai’s mark.”

Lieutenant Opek, the 55th’s intelligence chief had been despatched a week earlier to infiltrate. It seemed he had been successful. Gains hadn’t really doubted Opek, he always got the job done. Gains didn’t quite know how sometimes, and he suspected he didn’t want to. And now, the stations shields would come down. The unit’s missiles would get through to the unshielded station, but it wouldn’t destroy it, that wasn’t the point.

“Jump 3, go.”

The missile storm blew. So did the charges. The ensuing explosion was plenty to block sensors and sight for the next few seconds. And because of it, the fourteen reflex missiles weren’t bright enough to spot that the Nirai Kanai had moved a few hundred metres forward. A location that had a station between it and the missiles. The station went down in flames, burning bright with the power of their own weapons. The 55th didn’t stick around for clean up. A few fighters wouldn’t be able to do much without a base and support ships.

“55th, 9-9-9. Bug out people. Commence final jump to rendezvous coordinates.”

Major Nathan Gains sat back in his chair. All in all, it was a good day’s work.

No1 - well looks like a nice clean job

SO - scans and data coming in now sir should be complete by the time we reach our last jump point sir

EO - will take us 4 jumps sir

SO - planned a route sir

TO - are we going to intercept the Convoy sir or at least shadow them - they will arrive at jump point 3

SO - data calculatyed

Jump point 1 - all ok
remaining fuel - 90%

Jump point 2 - all ok
remaining fuel - 80%

Jump point 3 -
reamaing fuel - 70%

SO - ships as follows

2 x Police Cruiser Escorts (Advanced Class)

2 Shield:
Phase Shields (2)

8 Turrets:
4x Phaser IV (8)

3 External:
2x Photon Torpedo Lauchers (2)
1x Assualt Shuttle (1)

4 Additional:
Colapsium Armoured Hull (1)
Warp Nacelles (1)
Armoury (2)

100 tonnes hold
Anti-Matter Drive

Minirva Class Escort Carrier
500 tonnes hold

Shields (1):
2 Neutron Shields (1)

Weaponry (4):
2 Pulsed Spike Cannons (4)

External (6+1=7):
10 Raptor Light Fighters (N/A)
6 Fire Fly Class Fighters (3)
4 T-Rex Heavy Fighters (4)

Additional (4):
1 External Mount (1)
1 Drive/Engine Mount (1)

Thick Hide Hull (1)
Advanced AI Ship’s Computer (1)

Drives/Engines (1+1=2):
Subspace Generator (1)
Magma Drive (1)

SO - that last ship has stuff on it that is not in our database sir

Comms - signals indicate the arrival of the convoy sir

SO - detecting the jump points sir

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 19 Sep 2005 at 22:07.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 10:26   #145
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Cid: It seems that this is a logical choice, a single unit of fighters can be as damaging as a cruiser, however they can also be easily hit. We must be cautious if this will be the case. My Wing Commander will supervise.

Cid looked at Dr. Burnham on the screen with his real eye as his electrical one was occupied in scanning battle proceedures.

Cid: We may be in a bit of bad luck if the Command Carrier will be hanging around those destroyers in a too close for comfort way, however we may be in a spot of good luck for once. It seems we shall go with this plan for now, however I beleive the tactics may have to change if luck is not with us on this one.

one post for the three of you

MISSION 9

BOUNTY HUNT

captains 3 ships

1 x Command Carrier - ?????
1 x Fast Attack Carrier - The Scythe

Reward - 375000c

1 - Acid K

Name: Cid Killer (yes, the same one as before)

Ship Name: Gripstar
Ship Type: Shraanian Anchor-Class Fleet Carrier

Ship Hull: Polorised Hull Armour
Sublight Engine: Impulse Drive
FTL Engine: Linear Drive

Sheild Mounts:
1x Medium Plasma Sheilds

Turret Mounts:
1x Phased Hellbore Cannon
2x Medium Blaster Cannons
2x Light Blaster Cannon
AFD II (Additional Mount)
AMD (Additional Mount)

External Mounts:
Deflector Dish
Armoured Escape Pods
4x Cruise Missile Pods
10x Gravatic Missiles
32x Torpeado

Additional Mounts:
Advanced Ships AI
Advanced AI Upgrade
Sensor Array
Emergency Medical Hologram
Advanced Tactics Computer
Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade
Advanced Medical Bady (ADMD)
Advanced Engineering Bay (AEB)
Hydroponics
Armoury
Holo Deck

Fighters:
40x SA-26A Thunderbolt Heavy Fighters

Troops:
5x SSS Companies
20x Infantry Companies
8x MASH Companies
2x LIC Companies

Remaining Hold:
12062 tonnes hold

Remaining Credits:

2 - Flapjack

Attack Corvette - c 60000 ("Phoenix rising")
8 shield mounts
20 turret mounts (0)
20 external mounts (0)
20 additional mounts (3)
1250 tonnes hold

drives:
impulse drive -2000cr +750 energy
2x anti-matter drive -2000cr -2 additional mounts +1200 energy
1x linear drive -1000cr -1 additional mount

armour:
heavy armour plating -5000cr -1 additional mount

shields:
Meta-Phasic shields -10000cr -6 shield mounts

weapons:
10x battle laser -5000cr -10 turret mounts
10x gatling laser -3000cr -5 turret mounts
2x medium pulse cannon -5000cr -8 turret mounts
AFD II -500cr -4 turret mounts
AMD III -500cr -4 turret mounts
10x gravatic missile launcher -1000cr -10 external mounts
5x photon torpedo launcher -2500cr -5 external mounts
5x light missiles -500cr -5 external mounts

additionals:
advanced tactics computer -400cr -1 additional mount
Advanced tactics computer upgrade -800cr -1 additional mount -10 tonnes

hold:
5x light missile reload -500cr -5 tonnes
2x gravatic missile reload -200cr -2 tonnes

3 - Urquan

Shipdetails:

Engines:
- 3x Cold Fusion Drive

Armour/Shields:
- 1x Cloaking Shield

Weapons:
- 1x AMD III
- 1x AFD III

Launchers:

Sensors:
- 1x Sensor Array
- 1x Lateral Sensor
- 1x Phase Scanners
- 1x Deflector Dish

Fighters/Shuttles:

Ship Systems:
- 1x Advanced AI Upgrade
- 1x Command Bridge
- 1x Armoury

Troops:
- 4x Heavy Infantry
- 2x Shock Troops
- 1x MASH
- 1x ADCT

Hold:
- Fuel

on baord AK ship -

TO - if I read this data correcftly sir .... she has 4 ships her original carrier and the Command carrier sir

SO - hmmmm this could be diffiicult

Comms - ANKAA has agreed to the increased bounty sir - data updated

SO - I have calculated that it will take 5 jumps to get there sir

TO - I have calculated the route and all appears to be clear once near the Frodan system we should have more info sir and we can come up with a plan

your ships begin their jumps

Jump point 1 - all aok
remaing fuel - 90%

Jump point 2 - all aok
remaing fuel - 80%

Jump point 3 - all aok
remaining fuel - 70%

jump point 4 - all aok
remaing fuel - 60%

EO - we need to refuel sir

SO - scans indicate that there are refinerys in the FRODAN SYSTEM we should be ok

TO - they are non hostiles sir

Jump point 5 -
remaining fuel - 50%

SO - scanning

FRODAN SYSTEM

Binary Star System

1 RED GIANT - FRODAN PRIME
1 NEUTRON STAR - FRODAN SECUNDUS

8 Planets - this system was one of the last to be colonised during the flight of the SHRAANIANS once the empire had crumbled - many survivors tried to saty near to Shraan Space others went further afield, as they thought that the C'RAASK would never follow if they went far enough -thus FRODAN was colonised - this is right on the very edge of Shraan Space, so far in fact that it features very little in Shraan history.

FRODAN I - Barren world - nearest the red giant - mined for its mineral wealth - base type V - population 2000

FRODAN II - Barren rock - 6 moons - nothing to report

FRODAN III - Jungle World - 3 moons - starbase type VI - Tech Level - Advanced - this looks like the moon of endor in the STAR WARS films only located thru out the jungle are ECO communitys that use the jungle to its full advantage - planet speciality BIO TECH. Population 1.500.000.000

FRODAN IV - Water World - 6 moons - 64 planetary rings - uninhabited save for the refineries that fuels the ships and homes of the FRODAN also on moon 5 the Ship Yards are located - they can build ships upto Cruiser Size

FRODAN V - Gas Giant - 101 moons

FRODAN VI - Ice Giant - 36 moons - 126 Planetary rings - orbits on its side

FRODAN VII - Gas Giant - 36 moons and a small asteroid field - the reamins of many mining ships are located here, all gutted - but there is a warning beacon as Brigands have made these asteroids their home from time to time

FRODAN VIII - Ice World - more of a small lump of ice and rock as opposed to a planet but it does orbit the Neutron Star

+++++WARNING+++++WARNING+++++WARNING+++++

FTL engines cannot be used within the system ot within 1 light year of the system due to Gravity Well.

EO - on all ships - Our FTL engines are off line sir(s)

SO - scans indicate that ther is KYLTHIUM in that system sir location about FRODAN VII sir 2 ships I think

2 x Scimitar Class Destroyer

40 Mounts + 1 engine mount
1000 tonnes hold

Kylthium Enhanced Heavy Armour Plating - 1 mount

K-4 Phase Shields - 2 mounts
K-4 Energy Shields - 4 mounts

2 K-5 Heavy Pulse Cannons - 16 mounts
4 K-2 Pulse Cannons - 8 mounts
6 Gatling Lasers - 3 mounts

Advanced AI Ships Computer - 1 mount
Advanced Tactics Computer - 1 mount
Advanced Engineering Bay - 2 mounts

2 Kylthium Drives - 1 mount, 1 engine mount
Hyper Drive - 1 mount

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 19 Sep 2005 at 22:10.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 10:57   #146
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

NOTE

when in battle can you please post a summary of your actions at the end of the posts please

Unread 17 Sep 2005, 16:01   #147
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Comms - "Sir!"

"Nona?"

Comms - "I'm picking up a.. signal. I'll play it now..."

Nona presses a few buttons on her console and a mere moment later, the distress signal is played on the bridge's speakers.

"..... zzzzzttzzzzz crackle ........ der attack ....... crackle bzzzzt ......y god where did they .... me from .....zzzztzzzz ....... ur weapons ......ztttttzzzzz ...... e no effect ...... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH"

WO - "Engineering, if you please..."

EO - "Already done. Both Warp Drives engaging, maximum output..."

WO - "Reflex Cannon #1, coming online... #2, coming online..."

EO - "Warp Drives are doing fine, preparing to route all power to main weapons."

WO - "Roger that...Reflex Cannons are ... charging."

"Good job. Nona, prepare a channel to Lt. Commander Kama, try and make it secure."

No. 1 - sets the ships alarm status to Red Alert - "All hands, report to your stations. Raise shields."

Comms - "Channel at the ready, just push the button."

WO - "Particle Lasers coming online taking power from our normal drives..."

No. 1 - "I wonder who's attacking them..."

SO - gasping - "Oh my god... Look..."

The Science Officer quickly changes the current image of the space station in the distance to the opening Trans Warp Conduits for all eyes on the bridge to see.

No. 1 - "Oh dear."

"Chrono Borg?"

WO - "Heh, looks like we've completed part of our mission already, eh?"

SO - still a bit shocked - "I... I guess. At least they live."

MC - "Then lets see if we can recover some tech. Our ally has no troops to board offensively, so that will be up to us... If they survive our onslaught."

WO - grins, most of the Marines were ex-Kipire as well, including the MC - "*grin*"

"Heh, yes. If they survive our onslaught... Prepare your troops regardlessly, one platoon on ship's security in case they decide to board, have the second ready to deploy instantly, be it boarding or defending ourselves."

MC - "Sir!"

No. 1 - "We'll probably need to go past them anyhow, our fuel... Or at least the fuel we want is there."

"Indeed. Helm, prepare to close in, hold steady for the moment though."

Helm - "Aye aye cap'n."

Fluffie quickly presses a button in his Captain's Seat, opening the channel to Kama's ship that Nona had prepared earlier.

"Looks like we've completed one quarter of our mission already, my dear scientist. The Chrono Borg still live... Now what do you say about engaging them? Or rather, scanning them so that we will have optimal data for our targetting computer once we get in range? With a bit of luck, they won't be entirely destroyed and then we can board... So... What do you say? Engage, or turn away?"
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 21:07   #148
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

2 new hulls added

Unread 17 Sep 2005, 23:08   #149
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
2 new hulls added
The Assault Ship & Andromeda Ascendant Battleship?

I am probably not aware of all the hidden ship stats, the ones that only you know, but the Andromeda Ascendant Battleship seems in stats comparable to (or even outclassed by) the dreadnaught, only it is about 5 times as expensive, so what's the benefit in buying this ship?

Also, if you want to do hit and run, shouldn't an assault ship be fast and powerful instead of slow and offensively weak? Corret me if I'm wrong, but at the moment it looks more like a sort of carrier to me. Only it doesn't allow for fighters, which probably makes the gunboats and assault shuttles very vulnerable to fast and agile fighters?
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 13:15   #150
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
The Assault Ship & Andromeda Ascendant Battleship?

I am probably not aware of all the hidden ship stats, the ones that only you know, but the Andromeda Ascendant Battleship seems in stats comparable to (or even outclassed by) the dreadnaught, only it is about 5 times as expensive, so what's the benefit in buying this ship?

Also, if you want to do hit and run, shouldn't an assault ship be fast and powerful instead of slow and offensively weak? Corret me if I'm wrong, but at the moment it looks more like a sort of carrier to me. Only it doesn't allow for fighters, which probably makes the gunboats and assault shuttles very vulnerable to fast and agile fighters?
if you have read the description the assault ship is purely designed for assaulting ships/planets/space stations etc - it is a supoort ship capabale of defending itseld but not taking on other ships - a bit like the assault ships of the US navy during the 2nd world war on its own it would get creamed - it is not designed for "hit and run" - its main job is to ptotect the trroops it would carry to the front line.

Do you really think i will give the sekrets of the Andromeda Ascendant Battleship - take a look at one of the upgrades - the Avatar - no other ship can have this upgrade.