User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:14   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Crap at Online Gaming

I want to have some 'fun' on HL2 online but as I recon I will suck more than Yahwe at a boys4men concert, how do I get round the 'ha ha I shot you, you are shit' syndrome ?

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:15   #2
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Crap at Online Gaming

Easiest way to quit losing is to quit playing (or never start in the first place).
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:17   #3
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
Easiest way to quit losing is to quit playing (or never start in the first place).
helpful, thanks.......

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:20   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Make sure you got a nifty mouse - eg: the Saitek mouse is the shiznit for gaming and an ultracool mouse pad eg: one of those glass one's for around £30 (RatPadz...?)

Then it's onto playing loads and loads - look up tricks & tips online for whatever map you're playing... also trying going into observe mode - watch how another player moves through the map. I've improved my gameplay merely through observation.

Also try thinking about reconfiguring the controls on your keyboard (if you don't use gamepad). I have all the options I normally need centralised around the dir keys, right ctrl, shift, enter, delete, page down & Ins 0 (numpad) with the right mouse button as jump, scroll to cycle through weapons and middle click on the scroll to enter 2ndary fire (if present) - I found my response times were more efficient in the time switching my fingers from one key to another. Not the most relaxing but it works for me.

Try thinking about tactics - play a level and see some ideas for camping (there's no such thing as camping really, just good defending ) and other points for eg: sniping. Watch out for snipers btw - a good way to avoid them is to move unpredictably eg: move left right jump crouch - go mad basically half the time it works

Lastly, just remember, it's only a game.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:25   #5
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

practice on bot lans first?

play on dedicated "newbie" servers until confident?

play on servers with people you know (i'm sure you have online friends....)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:37   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

heh,

non of the cool kids play HL2 online vaio, get with the program

CS:S is where it's at for that shiznit.

but yeah, practice.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:40   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
heh,

non of the cool kids play HL2 online vaio, get with the program

but yeah, practice.
I haven't been cool since 1989

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:44   #8
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
how do I get round the 'ha ha I shot you, you are shit' syndrome ?
Dont get shot!

Or, play with older gentlemen gamers who are equally as useless at shooting. Maybe theres a market for th elder gamer. I was at home playing playstation with a friend last night and realised that my shooting also sucked more than Yahwe at a Boyz4men concert. I wouldnt consider playing agains 10 year old oinks who can frag you with one hand while eating a free big mac with the other.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:44   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You know, I haven't much looked into it..but I don't know how to play hl2 online. I just looked at my options on the menu and I didn't see a 'Play Online' option. I haven't even Googled it yet or anything.

Anyhow to get good at gaming takes years. The gaming mindset, what to look for on your screen, how to interact, the ruthlessness of it...etc, it takes awhile to get that 'a-ha moment' before you go, 'oh so that's why I've been sucking.' Watching your crosshairs, always reloading after any gunfight, basic shit like that..

On top of that, it can take years to get good at a particular game, even if you're already good. Some people, have a knack, and it doesn't take them as long to figure things out. The reason it takes so long is because of stuff you don't know about the game...map layouts, map objectives, weapon tactics, where to shoot someone - some games (Enemy Territory- only ever aim at the head, best done in a vertical spray unless you can get three shots directly in the face), other games shoot the torso. You have to watch for things like what your crosshairs do, if it expands you're accuracy is decreasing and you should stop firing. Different games have unique things, keys that bring up maps that help with accuracy when mortaring or calling in arty for instance. On BF2 you can change your kit by hitting G when standing next to a dead players body (and kit-bag). On Enemy Territory- you can time your grenade shots, on BF2 you can't.

Hardware is *very* important, and the frame rate you get and mouse response time can mean the difference between life and death.

It just takes time to learn the basic gaming concepts, and then also to learn the game interface. Honestly, some players will always be better than you because

1)They have no job and it's all they do.
2)They have better hardware.
3)They're naturally endowed with gaming talent.

It's tough in the beginning.
You have to learn to put up with being pwned, and start to enjoy it when you see yourself improving over time. Honestly sometimes I play for weeks and it's nothing but misery, but that one moment of an amazing kill or stunt makes it all worth it.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:52   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Also, no matter how good you are, if your team sucks in a team based environment like BF2 and ET, you will suck because If you're the only good person on your team on a 64 player map then you'll be dying every other second just like all the n00bs on your team that are causing your misery. 1 vs 32 is no fun..
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 18:42   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
Translation: CS:S is where all the idiots play.

[edit]

Re: the actual thread, don't play with idiotic pubbies.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 18:51   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Translation: First person shooters are for retards

fixed even more accurately!
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 18:53   #13
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Translation: CS:S is where all the idiots play.

[edit]

Re: the actual thread, don't play with idiotic pubbies.
I assumed he was asking about how to play better. Improving your gameplay is a goodway to stop being taunted.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:00   #14
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, the obvious feature you need to be good, is to practise.

Bots are good for this, but its really not the best way. Dedication is what you need, and a interest to learn the tacics involved, where to run, where to pickup, where to predict.

Timing is essential, aswell as the tactical play.
Obviously when it comes to the very start of your gamin carreer, all you need to do is ensure that you read forums, watch how other people play, write a config, tweak your gfx setting etc etc.

Things will come eventually, so patience is your friend, aswell as a humble attitude towards your fellow gamers. If you treat them nice, they will help you with whatever you might need.

(Ive won a few nordic tournaments in various games aswell as a european championship, so Im not talking out of my ass like everyone else are.)

for the record, Halflife and CS IS THE DEVIL!
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:08   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
for the record, Halflife and CS IS THE DEVIL!
CS may not be much to write home about, but half life remains in the top two of single player FPS games.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:14   #16
s|k
Caveat Lector

This advice with bots is dumb I think, because bots do not behave like people at all. They cheat (have unnatural aiming abilities, can see you even though a human eye would not have seen you - covert op/sniping situations with camaflauge) and they are not creative. Also once you figure out their weakness it is no longer a challenge. I don't believe you'll get much better playing humans by playing bots.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:15   #17
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
CS may not be much to write home about, but half life remains in the top two of single player FPS games.
Where's BF2 in this ranking, because I love that game..
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:30   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
fixed even more accurately!
u r clva
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:31   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Where's BF2 in this ranking, because I love that game..
in the "liked by dump people" section, as I specified single player game.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:33   #20
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
This advice with bots is dumb I think, because bots do not behave like people at all. They cheat (have unnatural aiming abilities, can see you even though a human eye would not have seen you - covert op/sniping situations with camaflauge) and they are not creative. Also once you figure out their weakness it is no longer a challenge. I don't believe you'll get much better playing humans by playing bots.
Bots are good for target practise en massè

obviously playing humans is the only way to actually get good.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:34   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Knowing the map is pretty much the number one requirement. You can compensate for quite a large amount of skill if you know the map by heart, where the important items are located, what hallways lead where, all that sort of thing.

The moment you need to think about where you need to go, is the moment that you're getting fragged.

PS. Jakiri - Less talking, moore looting okay
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 20:22   #22
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
in the "liked by dump people" section, as I specified single player game.
Hahaha... but in rankings in general?

EDIT: how do you look that up? Is there like a http://boxofficemojo.com for games? Nielsen ratings?

Last edited by s|k; 25 Aug 2005 at 20:29.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 20:28   #23
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Knowing the map is pretty much the number one requirement. You can compensate for quite a large amount of skill if you know the map by heart, where the important items are located, what hallways lead where, all that sort of thing.

The moment you need to think about where you need to go, is the moment that you're getting fragged.

PS. Jakiri - Less talking, moore looting okay
Wouldn't it be cool if you could loot in games. Strip their armour off and all that stuff, create armstices to recover bodies.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 20:44   #24
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Anyone got any suggestions for a wicked gaming mouse? I've browsed stores and I've seen a Logitech G5/G7 Gaming Mouse (Wire/Wireless), Saitek Gaming Mouse & a Razer Mouse... ?
----------retired-------
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 20:47   #25
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Anyone got any suggestions for a wicked gaming mouse? I've browsed stores and I've seen a Logitech G5/G7 Gaming Mouse (Wire/Wireless), Saitek Gaming Mouse & a Razer Mouse... ?
I use the logictech laser mouse. It's not an optical mouse, it's a class 4 laser and it's incredibly accurate. It is amazing and worth $80-$90. Once you have it, you can't go back to any other kind of mouse.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...ch+laser+mouse
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 21:02   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Hahaha... but in rankings in general?

EDIT: how do you look that up? Is there like a http://boxofficemojo.com for games? Nielsen ratings?
Name two better single player FPSs than Half Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I It's not an optical mouse, it's a class 4 laser

Quote:
Intellimouse 4.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Wouldn't it be cool if you could loot in games. Strip their armour off and all that stuff, create armstices to recover bodies.
Play some RPGs.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 21:23   #27
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Splinter Cell Chaos Thoery* and er... I can't. I love HL2 But anyhow, my question is, is there an agency that tracks game usage and sales like boxofficemojo.com or Nielsen Ratings? I know Billboards has some statistics on games sold, but it's not that great.

As for the laser statement: I should have said it doesn't use optical mouse technology, instead it uses a class 4 laser. I worked on fiberoptics in the Marines, and you can, in the US at least, see what class of laser you're using (or if it is a laser at all) because manufacturers are required to place a government regulated decal that indicates laser magnitude. 1 is the most powerful, 4 the least, or I might have gotten that backwards. In any case, the mouse laser is of the weakest kind, but it is still 20x better than an optical mouse when it comes to tracking movement.

The RPG thing - I meant FPS (I thought it was implied).

*The reason why I think is better is because my patented flashbang, knifestab attack - it's addrenaline pumping and an amazing spectacle not repeatable in HL2. It's so unstealthy that doing it probably reduces your score at the end. The way you do it is, and you wont regret if you do but it takes practice, is if while sneaking about you see a couple of enemies mingling about talking, you throw in a flashbang and without worrying about exposing your self to the bang (remember where the enemies are) start stabbing everyone. It takes them a second to realize what's going on (they're focusing on the flashbang just thrown in which hasn't gone off yet) and then when it pops it's just sheere madness hunting down those you didn't kill before it went down before they get you. It's amazing, the graphics are crazy and distorted and once the flashbang effect wears off you'll be surrounded by all the corpses you stabbed to death. A great place to practice this is on the ship level (inside the ship) in places where enemies are near each other.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:00   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
*The reason why I think is better is because my patented flashbang, knifestab attack - it's addrenaline pumping and an amazing spectacle not repeatable in HL2. It's so unstealthy that doing it probably reduces your score at the end. The way you do it is, and you wont regret if you do but it takes practice, is if while sneaking about you see a couple of enemies mingling about talking, you throw in a flashbang and without worrying about exposing your self to the bang (remember where the enemies are) start stabbing everyone. It takes them a second to realize what's going on (they're focusing on the flashbang just thrown in which hasn't gone off yet) and then when it pops it's just sheere madness hunting down those you didn't kill before it went down before they get you. It's amazing, the graphics are crazy and distorted and once the flashbang effect wears off you'll be surrounded by all the corpses you stabbed to death. A great place to practice this is on the ship level (inside the ship) in places where enemies are near each other.
Lets puts aside my criticism of the Splinter Cell games for a moment, and concentrate on one simple fact.

Splinter Cell isn't a first person game.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:01   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
As for the laser statement
It was more for your assertion that lasers weren't using optics.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:05   #30
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Lets puts aside my criticism of the Splinter Cell games for a moment, and concentrate on one simple fact.

Splinter Cell isn't a first person game.
It is when you are aiming. :0
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:12   #31
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
It was more for your assertion that lasers weren't using optics.
That's not any assertion I made. I'm referring to the branded terms of these products. The laser mouse is not called an optical mouse, even though it's using optic technology. Take it up with logictech, maybe they should also capitalise LASER (j/k).

Quote:
With an incredible 20x more sensitivity to surface detail—or tracking power—than optical, laser can track reliably even on tricky polished or wood-grain surfaces.
http://www.logitech.com//index.cfm/p...CONTENTID=9043

Last edited by s|k; 25 Aug 2005 at 22:18.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:18   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
It is when you are aiming. :0
Anyway, thief 2 is better :q:
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:28   #33
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Anyway, thief 2 is better :q:
Haven't played it. I don't really like stealth games. :/
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:38   #34
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Here's the G5 Laser Mouse

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10715

and here's the G7 wireless version

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10716

I like the hardcore click of my microsoft mouse and I've been told the Logitech's are soft and quiet... :|

Has anyone here used any of the Razer mice? The saitek one basically looks like a Logitech one.
----------retired-------
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 06:46   #35
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Name two better single player FPSs than Half Life..
Doom
Doom 2

edit: how are we defining single player anyway? Does playing Unreal Tournament against bots count?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 06:51   #36
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

OMFG CS ROX MAN!

IM SO GOOD AT IT ITS LIKE BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOOOOOOM HEADSHOT

ALL THE BAD BOY MCS PLAY CS MAN!

(inspired by www.chavscum.co.uk and fpdoug)

on a seroius note i find CS/CZ/CS:S the best online fps due to the fact that it requires a dam sight more skill than any other fps i have played.

tho for single player doom 3 is the best imo

(or celldoom if your out and about )

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 08:04   #37
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General8
Right because stuffy dark maze like indoor enironments can hold a candle to wide open expanse, night time beach fights, day time road blasts,urban combat, and bridge fighting of HL2.

HL2 > Doom3
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:31   #38
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maze War

Faceball 2000
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:51   #39
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Doom 3 was boring and uninspiring after the first 5 levels - they also became repetitive. I am very disappointed to hear Raven are lazy and are going to use the same engine for Quake 4. Quake 3 was a legend of a game mainly for it's multiplayer. Doom 3 MP was shit so therefore Quake 4 will also probably be the same. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd prefer MOHAA > HL anyday. Even Halo is eligible imo. Although it had some of that repetitiveness like Doom 3, it wasn't boring. Raven seem to think we're still scared of the dark yet they rate the game at 18. Yeah, good one.
----------retired-------
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 10:21   #40
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Playing video games with strangers over the internet? I will never catch on.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 11:02   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Doom
Doom 2
You're strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
edit: how are we defining single player anyway? Does playing Unreal Tournament against bots count?
If you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General8
Doom 3 was a series of cheap repetitive shocks in hideously repititve environments. Hey, there's some ammo in that cupboard of this section of the base which looks the same as the others! I GASP IN SHOCK AS AN IMP SPAWNS BEHIND ME.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 16:48   #42
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Doom 3 was boring and uninspiring after the first 5 levels - they also became repetitive. I am very disappointed to hear Raven are lazy and are going to use the same engine for Quake 4. Quake 3 was a legend of a game mainly for it's multiplayer. Doom 3 MP was shit so therefore Quake 4 will also probably be the same. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd prefer MOHAA > HL anyday. Even Halo is eligible imo. Although it had some of that repetitiveness like Doom 3, it wasn't boring. Raven seem to think we're still scared of the dark yet they rate the game at 18. Yeah, good one.
I'm very hopeful for Quake 4, there's nothing wrong with the Doom 3 engine, it's technically brilliant in every possible way, they just used it very badly. The more open nature of Quake 4's environments over the cramped corridors of Doom 3 will make a real difference I feel.

I've never felt Quake 3 MP was up to par with 1 & 2, somehow they managed to gear the speed of gameplay down a little. They also dumbed down the physics which meant no more l33t rocket jumping tricks.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 17:59   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I am very disappointed to hear Raven are lazy and are going to use the same engine for Quake 4
What the christ?

1. Raven have never made an engine.
2. Engines tend to last for a tad longer than a single year.

You can criticise raven for a hell of a lot of things, but "being too lazy to code a brand new engine for quake IV" is a really stupid one to come up with.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 21:22   #44
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I'm very hopeful for Quake 4, there's nothing wrong with the Doom 3 engine, it's technically brilliant in every possible way, they just used it very badly. The more open nature of Quake 4's environments over the cramped corridors of Doom 3 will make a real difference I feel.
I hope you're right. Looking at the videos, I don't like the whole textures and settings (maps) - it doesn't carry that same feel Quake 3 did. I just hope Quake IV is as good a stress-relief as Quake 3 was/still is.

Quote:
1. Raven have never made an engine.
I never said that I said they're using the same engine as used in Doom 3.
----------retired-------
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 22:01   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I never said that I said they're using the same engine as used in Doom 3.
Raven have always used the latest id engine.

The Doom 3 engine is the latest id engine.

They're making Quake IV.

Fit those statements together!
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 22:10   #46
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Raven have always used the latest id engine.

The Doom 3 engine is the latest id engine.

They're making Quake IV.

Fit those statements together!
Raven have always used the latest id engineThe Doom 3 engine is the latest id engineThey're making Quake IV.

Can you tell I'm bored. :0
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 23:47   #47
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
I hope you're right. Looking at the videos, I don't like the whole textures and settings (maps) - it doesn't carry that same feel Quake 3 did. I just hope Quake IV is as good a stress-relief as Quake 3 was/still is.
Quake 1
Quake 2
Quake 3
Quake 4

You're comparing it to the wrong base, out of the series I'd say Quake 3's textures and maps look the most out of place.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 00:27   #48
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Quake 1
Quake 2
Quake 3
Quake 4

You're comparing it to the wrong base, out of the series I'd say Quake 3's textures and maps look the most out of place.
The jump in graphical quality seems to be extraordinary between Quake 3 and Quake 4. This can only be explained by a government conspiracy to hide the backward engineering of advanced extra terrestrial gaming systems. The technology recovered was then illegally sold to the various game developers.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 01:10   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
The jump in graphical quality seems to be extraordinary between Quake 3 and Quake 4.
There's a good 5 years between Quake III and Quake IV, more time than there was between Quake I and Quake III.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 01:17   #50
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
WHAT THE **** IS IT WITH THOSE HALF HUMAN HALF ROBOT CYBORG MONSTERS WITH METALLIC LEGS AND A NAKED HUMAN FLESH UPPER TORSO! RAAARRGGGGH!

I want Fiends and Shamblers, not the same damn semi-robots every other goddamn game out there uses