User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Feb 2006, 23:40   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
my job made me lose the will to live today

so, some of you may have read my rant the other day about my work, and more specifically about my IT support, well, today it got worse, yes... worse.

so... phoned up to make my initial complaint today, see the lay of the land as it were, and by the time i got off the phone 15 mins later my boss was laughing as i was actually banging my head off the desk
The conversation went along these lines:
I complained that we had been given 9 laptops specifically for the purpose of wireless internet access (wireless internet access that was now nearly a year overdue not that thats important to the overall thrust of the complaint) and that not one of the laptops was actually internet ready, causing me rather a lot of work in quite a short space of itme.
the reply: 'yes, of course they cant access the internet, (and HERES THE KICKER) we didnt see any point in enabling the internet on them until the wireless network is in place

So, what they have actually done, is go through 9 laptops, disable internet explorer, then remove the connections tab so that they cant be fixed without an admin password, simply because they could.
When they finally get the wireless network up and running, they will have to send out another team of people (at least 3, only 1 of whom will know what he is doing) to fix the laptops, which will take them probably around 3/4 hours.
So, by doing this you are looking at... maybe a couple of hours to disable IE on them all, plus probably another 4 hours (and no, im really not kidding about the times here, in fact, if we are REALLY unlucky, we will get a team who dont know how to fix it, and it will become an all day job as they have to phone their mates to find out what to do every time a prompt comes up) to fix it again.

or they could have done nothing, which would have taken... no hours... and would have made my job a hell of a lot ****ING EASIER.

but.... somehow i couldnt make the IT head understand this.... he thought it was perfectly acceptable that that many hours could be wasted, it isnt even a security issue as we dont have a wireless network, so why do they need to disable IE?

i felt like crying, for the first time ever i actually hated my job, words cannot express how depressed i was after this.... futile phone call

so.... anyone got any jobs going?
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 23:44   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: my job made me lose the will to live today

I hear alcohol is a popular depressent and is available from many local convenience marts.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 23:47   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

welcome to the world where i have 12 bottles of nastro azzurro peroni and im not afraid to drink them while watching die hard 2 and bitching on the internet
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 23:55   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
welcome to the world where i have 12 bottles of nastro azzurro peroni and im not afraid to drink them while watching die hard 2 and bitching on the internet
Die Hard 2?

You disgust me.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 23:57   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

hell, its all thats on until QI at 11, plus theres lots of shooting and stuff... suits my mood perfectly

also: whats wrong with the die hard films, they are silly action films, there isnt meant to be a plot
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:05   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stop bothering complaining to IT and complain to someone further up, ie. someone that you and they both answer to, who may be able to do some arbitration and general bitchslapping.
Someone like that is more likely to care about the whole "we lost x man hours which equals £2 gazillion due to this ****up" argument.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:11   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
also: whats wrong with the die hard films, they are silly action films, there isnt meant to be a plot
Die Hard is good.

Die Hard with a Vengeance is good.

Die Hard II is not.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:24   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Stop bothering complaining to IT and complain to someone further up, ie. someone that you and they both answer to, who may be able to do some arbitration and general bitchslapping.
Someone like that is more likely to care about the whole "we lost x man hours which equals £2 gazillion due to this ****up" argument.

this would normally have worked: except that that was the person i talked to today
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:38   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hated mine enough to consider quitting today.

So I did
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:41   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

seriously? no shit?
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:43   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
seriously? no shit?
No shit

Kura is unemployed.

Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:46   #12
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I hated mine enough to consider quitting today.

So I did
Did you make a joke about dead babies that nobody laughed at?
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:46   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

well congratu-****ing-lations dude (seriously, live the dream )
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:48   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Did you make a joke about dead babies that nobody laughed at?
No , but TBH , If i had i seriously doubt anyone would have noticed.

I dont think ive ever seen a team of individuals with that much stress in such a small geographic space.

Im well out.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:50   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

so what you going to do now then? looking for similar or a complete career change?
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:55   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

I dunno. I spent nearly 4 years doing that, its something i know really well, but still have no particular interest in doing as a career (i have no passion for it, just for the money). If i could wander into doing something that really gets me going, something i feel genuinely makes a difference to my life or someone elses, Id probably be doing that.

All things considered though , Ill probably go back and temp for a bit whilst I sort through my options. Built up some decent savings (which she doesnt want me to touch, but screw it, Ive worked hard for them, and i want the time to think my next career move through), so not too concerned in the short term.

That said, anyone who wants a job telling rich people to **** off because they havent proved to me theyre not money laundering , for £16k basic plus bonus plus sales plus a 10% tax rate, apply to Lloyds TSB , Peveril Building, Peveril House, Douglas, Isle of Man. C/O Fish Lips , 2nd Floor , Central Stress Zone.

(my notice period is 4 weeks. I carried my holidays over from last year, and added 1 months of this years. Hence , i quit and dont have to go back tomorrow, end of story )
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 02:11   #17
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this job off yours require any formal education, Kura?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 02:19   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Does this job off yours require any formal education, Kura?
Actually , it requires relevant experience of offshore banking and the procedures involved.

But having seen who theyre bringing in to cover the experienced staff that are leaving in droves (kids from school , 16-18 , no experience whatsoever) , id say **** it , send them a CV and say youre good with people and numbers.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 02:21   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Im good with both (expect for people I find to be truly retarded, but I guess thats goes for everyone). Been years since Ive had maths, but the prospect of telling rich people to sod off in a polite way is tempting in itself.

(But 16k basic salary is a joke from a norwegian standpoint)

I guess you are going to start playing PA hardcore again then?

"Hi, Im Kura, I can do your recruiting and Im also good with comics"
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 02:30   #20
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

RR take them hunting and 'accidentally' shoot them with a shotgun.

Also only the original Die Hard is amazing, I find the other ones entertaining, but c'mon, ****ind Die Hard man.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 04:00   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

And so the mass of unemployed begins to grow on GD.

Now all we have to do is find something decent for us all. And not unwrapping kitkats to earn enough points to win a car...
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 08:58   #22
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

enbys been unemployed since xmas.

enby may be arsed to get a job soon.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 11:10   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My contract expires in September, so I won't have a job then (although I've been applying*). Does this mean I can join in the unemployed-throng?

*private all-girls school about 15 minutes from where I live is the only place I've applied so far. Duffman says OH YEAH
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 11:36   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov

I guess you are going to start playing PA hardcore again then?

"Hi, Im Kura, I can do your recruiting and Im also good with comics"

Not unless theyre paying me not to work in the mornings because ive been up till 2am waiting to launch and then scanning at 5am and 7am to make sure ive not been defended.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 21:35   #25
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Die Hard is good.

Die Hard with a Vengeance is good.

Die Hard II is not.
Sequels.

50% of times they are poor.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 21:50   #26
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The last time I quit a job was when I left the Post Office in 1978. It is still a day that brings happiness to my soul when I think of it, especially when the weather is bad.

I hope that your quitting your job works out well for you!
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 22:17   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

dda's wife still tell him not to "go postal" when he is angry, I bet
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 22:24   #28
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually, I use the going postal thing as a veiled threat to my juries.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:51   #29
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Why are postal employees liable to kill their coworkers? I don't get it.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:57   #30
roadrunner_0
cynic

the postal service in america is a for profit service, whereas the english one isnt, i read an article on it somewhere once (in an actual magazine *gasp*) when it was on about how it put the american postal workers under a lot more stress and made them more likely to 'go postal' - literally snap under the stress
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 01:26   #31
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I thought that was an 80's cliché but there was another one a few weeks ago wasn't there?

it does seem rather bizzare.

is it one sector of industry getting more coverage when their employees decide to go mental?
or is it that this sector really does employ more psychos?

(a career for s|k perhaps?)
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 01:38   #32
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
the postal service in america is a for profit service, whereas the english one isnt, i read an article on it somewhere once (in an actual magazine *gasp*) when it was on about how it put the american postal workers under a lot more stress and made them more likely to 'go postal' - literally snap under the stress
But...there aren't many other for-profit companies with histories of having it's employees shoot one another.
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 02:31   #33
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
My contract expires in September, so I won't have a job then (although I've been applying*).

*private all-girls school about 15 minutes from where I live is the only place I've applied so far. Duffman says OH YEAH

Duffman ain't the only one "OH YEAH"ing!!!
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 10:21   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Why are postal employees liable to kill their coworkers? I don't get it.
They covered this in Seinfeld.

Jerry: What do you do for a living, Newman?
Newman: I'm a United States Postal Worker.
Jerry: Aren't those the guys that always go crazy and come back with a gun and shoot everybody?
Newman: Sometimes.
Jerry: Why is that?
Newman: Because the mail never stops. It just keeps coming and coming and coming, there's never a let-up. It's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more and more! And you gotta get it out, but the more you get it out the more it keeps coming in. And then the bar code reader breaks and it's Publisher's Clearing House day!
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 10:42   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
But...there aren't many other for-profit companies with histories of having it's employees shoot one another.

as i said, i read a magazine article on it where it explained the causes, *shrug* cant remember which magazine though or i would try and dig it up and post the pertinent bits
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 13:29   #36
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I thought that was an 80's cliché but there was another one a few weeks ago wasn't there?

it does seem rather bizzare.

is it one sector of industry getting more coverage when their employees decide to go mental?
or is it that this sector really does employ more psychos?
IM pretty sure if I recall correctly the term "going postal" was invented after the Vietnam war, when all the veterans came back to find they had no jobs as soldiers anymore, so a good portion of them were put into jobs with the US Mail.

As a lot of them were suffering from various mental disorders at the time, this meant a series of shootings occurred by postal workers. If theyd been retrained as tube drivers, im guessing the phrase would now be "Going Underground"