User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Jun 2007, 07:02   #51
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Re: Round 22 Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Its #1 (resource cost), which is why there was that whole panic over the governments being reset and/or changed (feudalism altered to neutralise the production eta bonus of their cheap ships) or whatever during protection. I fear i might have pointed it out earlier in the thread, and been the cause of all that misery .

<3
I have a feeling my question was not clear (or I terribly missed something). I am not asking about production times, which was what all the misery was about.
If I put in 100 resources I get a certain amount of ships produced with a certain value which adds to my planets value.
If I put in 85 resources under a feudalism government I get the same ships produced.
The question is: will the value of the ships that I now have (and therefor the value and score of my planet) be as if the ship have costed me 100 resources, or can I have the same ships while having a lower value.
The significance is that a lower value allows people to attack smaller planets with their fleets.

In other words:
How does the 15% lower production cost work out in this formula?

Value = (Fleet-cost / 100) + (Resources / 150) + (Constructions * 1500) + (Roids * 200)

Are the production cost the same definition as the Fleet-cost in the formula above?

Last edited by Gerbie2; 25 Jun 2007 at 07:09.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 07:07   #52
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
The question is: will the value of the ships that I now have (and therefor the value and score of my planet) be as if the ship have costed me 100 resources, or can I have the same ships while having a lower value.
The significance is that a lower value allows people to attack smaller planets with their fleets.
Oh sorry, i thought your question might have been asking that, but i managed to confuse myself (its easy ).

Effectively, the ships that cost 85 resources are, when produced, exactly the same as the ships that cost 100 resources. Which means when things like salvage are distributed based on fleetscore, 1000 Spiders from a Democracy government planet, and 1000 Spiders from a Fedualistic government will both get equal amounts of salvage. They're worht the same value and score as eachother (ie, the term fleetscore, cf Resources ).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 07:16   #53
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Thanks.

Pfew.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 08:51   #54
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrud
Like I said it is a bit crude

Have added number of ticks to allow it to calculate how many ships you can build in a number of ticks, I don't know how accurate it is, but I've tried to ensure that it errs on the low side to ensure that its always possible to build that number of ships in the time. This is not a straight calc due to the (total_resources_spent^1/2)*LN(total_resources_spent^2) part, if any math wiz can come up with a non-interrative solution to this, I'd be mighty impressed.
If you send me a forums pm with some pseudo code that shows what you are doing I'll have a think about a good mathematical approach.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 10:57   #55
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'm probably misunderstanding this somewhere but;

When I cancelled my democracy government and went to unification the research times didn't seem to change by 20%. Instead all that appeared to happen was my research points per tick decreased by 20 (190 to 170) so then my infrastructure research (the only figures I can remember) changed from a total time of 9 ticks to 10 ticks.

I'm not sure if I missed something or if it is meant to be like this, but if it is then describing democracy as a 20% decrease in research time is a tad misleading.
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 12:02   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

base_number*(1+(% population researchers + %constructions research labs + %government bonus)/100)

100 * (1+(50 + 20 + 20) / 100) = 190
100 * (1+(50 + 20 + 0) / 100) = 170
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 12:11   #57
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

In non-mathematical english: The bonusses aren't exponential but linear.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 12:12   #58
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
base_number*(1+(% population researchers + %constructions research labs + %government bonus)/100)

100 * (1+(50 + 20 + 20) / 100) = 190
100 * (1+(50 + 20 + 0) / 100) = 170
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I did check the formula and saw that the resource points change was meant to be 20. But as the description says it changes by 20% rather than 20 points I was wondering if I was missing something else. If not, then to claim Democracy makes researches 20% faster is a bit misleading.
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 12:39   #59
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The term 'percentage point' would indeed be more accurate.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 22:04   #60
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold

for anyone that wants it the source for the prodcalc (and the ship stats file it uses) is here http://www.thrud.co.uk/index.php?opt...nc=select&id=2 feel free to use it, mod it. I've reduced it to just 2 files to make it easier to install just need a webserver with php5 or php4.

Cheers Thrud
Thrud is offline   Reply With Quote