User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Sep 2012, 20:04   #1
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about
24%

24.8%

15k..

what happened?
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 20:25   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 24%

Gangbang and terrible defense.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 20:40   #3
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

WOW 3 different threads possibly 4 on pretty much the same topic. Man oh man, your making the DS HC's head grow.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 20:43   #4
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

the first isn't an excuse, gangbangs happen and is the way this game is played now. its ur response as an alliance that sets you apart. given the attacking strat on a top alliance is to be gangbanged alliances should really be developing a strarergy against it.

don't get me wrong - you'll always lose roids but 24% is a lot..

also I know Ds grounded last night so does that make it worse?
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 20:44   #5
baggy
king of carrot flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
WOW 3 different threads possibly 4 on pretty much the same topic. Man oh man, your making the DS HC's head grow.
actually this points out thier failings and I thought might prompt a discussion about tactics against gangbangs and who copes best with this sorta thing..
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 21:02   #6
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

It could have been worse but from the way I understand it, we had CT, ND, Haven, DFWTK, xVx, Pwned and Apprime incoming. So basically the majority of the active universe. Not 100% sure of how many fleets xVx, pwned, DFWTK sent at us but I know for a fact that quite a few CT, ND, Haven planets were 3 fleet attacking since they knew they wouldnt get any incoming if at all.

Not making an excuse, our defence could definitely have been better and DS is kinda similar to CT in that its very good at attacking but our defence is lacking compared to our attack capability. However having said that CT (59), Haven (49), ND (59), xVX (47), DFWTK (59), PWNED (33), App (54) gives us a grand total of 360 planets vs DS (57). I think its fair to assume overall each planet sent 2.3 fleets to attack DS; some 3 fleeted, others 2 fleeted and some 1 fleeted or didnt even send out an attack.

That gives us 828 incoming vs 171 DS defence fleets (57*3). With a more active members last night we should have been able to keep our losses at 13-16% but that didnt help. Of course it doesnt help either that in-gal defence from the said alliance was pretty much non-existant. Ult would have done better and they would also have had some in-gal defence to rely on.

Oh well. Another historical day for PA thats for sure. Kinda funny how DS, a relatively new alliance, is getting quite the attention.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 21:59   #7
baggy
king of carrot flowers

yeah its a lot of incomming and you're right, you could have probably done better but anyone would have lost roids..

smart covering and high actvity could have laid 100 defence fleets at ur feet, how do you distribute them?

against 800 you wont ever win

is this now an accepted eventuality for alliances up top?
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 22:02   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Kinda funny how DS, a relatively new alliance, is getting quite the attention.
The #1 ranked alliance always gets attention. Alliance age has nothing to do with it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 22:04   #9
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It could have been worse but from the way I understand it, we had CT, ND, Haven, DFWTK, xVx, Pwned and Apprime incoming. So basically the majority of the active universe. Not 100% sure of how many fleets xVx, pwned, DFWTK sent at us but I know for a fact that quite a few CT, ND, Haven planets were 3 fleet attacking since they knew they wouldnt get any incoming if at all.

Not making an excuse, our defence could definitely have been better and DS is kinda similar to CT in that its very good at attacking but our defence is lacking compared to our attack capability. However having said that CT (59), Haven (49), ND (59), xVX (47), DFWTK (59), PWNED (33), App (54) gives us a grand total of 360 planets vs DS (57). I think its fair to assume overall each planet sent 2.3 fleets to attack DS; some 3 fleeted, others 2 fleeted and some 1 fleeted or didnt even send out an attack.

That gives us 828 incoming vs 171 DS defence fleets (57*3). With a more active members last night we should have been able to keep our losses at 13-16% but that didnt help. Of course it doesnt help either that in-gal defence from the said alliance was pretty much non-existant. Ult would have done better and they would also have had some in-gal defence to rely on.

Oh well. Another historical day for PA thats for sure. Kinda funny how DS, a relatively new alliance, is getting quite the attention.
Fair to assume?
Those numbers are only showing what could have been if optimized, but reality they are far off.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 22:17   #10
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Fair to assume?
Those numbers are only showing what could have been if optimized, but reality they are far off.
I was the main scanner for the 1st 4/5 waves and I noticed quite a few planets that sent 3 attack fleets. Most people usually send 2 and keep 1 home for defence while a few send 1 and keep 2 for defence so I think its safe to say that 2.3 fleets were incoming from every planet. But if you disagree with that statement that's fine so lets go to 1.8 which I think you will agree with me is a good compromise. So that would be 648 vs 171 then. If we were better at defending we should have been able to keep our losses at 12-16% and also if people responded to SMS and came online when called. Alas if I was a hot stud I would have girls lined up around the corner instead of trying to hook up with some mail order bride, ifs are about as useful as .... =)

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 22:20   #11
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not 100% sure of how many fleets xVx......................
xVx had 2 small DS on raid, so wouldnt be to much from us

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 22:23   #12
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbe View Post
k thanks for the correction. After checking about 30 coords I stopped and went with what the rumor mill was telling me and also what was going in the channels.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 12 Sep 2012, 22:24   #13
baggy
king of carrot flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Fair to assume?
but so are his defensive figures so it evens out. even with a 2:1 ratio it becomes very difficult to cap losses at less than 5 - 8%

agree or not?
Unread 13 Sep 2012, 07:31   #14
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Alas if I was a hot stud I would have girls lined up around the corner instead of trying to hook up with some mail order bride, ifs are about as useful as .... =)
And mPulse would still have a bike

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2012, 15:33   #15
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
but so are his defensive figures so it evens out. even with a 2:1 ratio it becomes very difficult to cap losses at less than 5 - 8%

agree or not?
ahem.. how are my defensive figures off? I think at the time we had 57 members in the alliance 57*3=171 so that gives us a potential of 171 fleets to work with. The key word is potential since some planets are small and dont have enough fleet value to fake properly or the terrans cannot make certain eta so the likelihood of using all 171 fleets efficiently is slim. But then again my assumption of 1.8 or 2.3 fleets per planet is also a bit of a guess work and with some experience. Its a given when people talk about numbers on the forums that its quiet a bit of guess work with what knowledge they have picked up over the years of alliance tendencies and the mechanics of the game. Anyways.....

In regards to your 2nd statement, I think ult has managed to keep roid losses quite low in the past. Mz is the numbers guy with access to all relevant history so he can probably answer that question better than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
And mPulse would still have a bike
Nope, bike is long gone but his .... is still around

171 DS defence fleets (57*3).

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 13 Sep 2012, 16:49   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Launch/recall/relaunch.
Unread 13 Sep 2012, 17:09   #17
Maxi

Maxi has a spectacular aura aboutMaxi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbe View Post
DFWTK split a gal with xVx so I think we had 2 Med sized ds planets and only 1 fleet attacking. No ptarget from us.
Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2012, 18:02   #18
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

So ultores has one of its main contenders hit, while having to do nothing themselves, smart move.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote