User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 5 Dec 2017, 07:50   #1
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
re-new eorc

Make it more open discussion and debate. The current form is nice to lift the winners on stand, but is also quite boring to be honest.

Need more views from different angles.
Unread 5 Dec 2017, 08:34   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: re-new eorc

What's the point of a flamewar in #planetarion?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2017, 12:21   #3
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I agree with Ave here.

It doesnt need to be a flamewar with +m.

Currently we hear from t3 planets (of which none were in the t10 for 800 ticks)

Top galaxy which is invariably fenced to the nuts and really isnt interesting

Top alliance where the HC give a sum up of their round (this round who spent 95% of it 4th)

What i would suggest is veiwpoints from other contenders or even lower ranked people/alliances.

Its very simple to have a few extra areas voted on in the last weeks and then included:

-Other alliances that had an impact

- Memorable round moments relived

- Most improved alliance (or new alliance)

Making it more varied would definitely raise interest and its good to see the round from different veiwpoints.

Im biased in this but for example Heresy got top planet, 2 in top gal and 3rd alliance in their first round (with the biggest overall score) but their HC had no voice in an eorc for a round their members dominated.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2017, 13:02   #4
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

I think top gal was also top in roids lost. So 'fenced to the nuts' seems incorrect.

And I must have missed the part where Heresy dominated. Didn't feel like you guys played a big part in the round. Besides the occasional roid and xp donations.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2017, 15:31   #5
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
I think top gal was also top in roids lost. So 'fenced to the nuts' seems incorrect.

And I must have missed the part where Heresy dominated. Didn't feel like you guys played a big part in the round. Besides the occasional roid and xp donations.
You missed what i said. Dominated the eorc in terms of planet and 2 in top gal. Dominated is the wromg word tbh. But the point still stands. Even like Ultores was #1 for 500 ticks. FL was top for 400 ticks. ND was top for a few ticks at the start (generalising) and the last tick yet we heard nothing from 2 alliances that sat top for 90% of the round
Unread 6 Dec 2017, 05:28   #6
M3dicMan

M3dicMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
You missed what i said. Dominated the eorc in terms of planet and 2 in top gal. Dominated is the wromg word tbh. But the point still stands. Even like Ultores was #1 for 500 ticks. FL was top for 400 ticks. ND was top for a few ticks at the start (generalising) and the last tick yet we heard nothing from 2 alliances that sat top for 90% of the round
Seems like a fair point tbh. In a round where the winning alliance didn't prevail till the last few ticks it would be interesting to hear "how/where" things went down for the other two Allies (Ult and FL) as the round became close to end.

Round ???- PhX Alliance
Round 72-80 VGN
Round 81 CaRnage
Round 82-86 CT
Round 87-90 Wave Zero
Round 91-99 VGN
M3dicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2017, 08:04   #7
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Isnt this what AD is for on forums?
Unread 6 Dec 2017, 09:11   #8
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Isnt this what AD is for on forums?
Not anymore. Look at this round, 1 thread that has 30 odd posts of which 10 say ult will win. Hardly an alternative persoective.

Or the round before where no one posted for 4 weeks and i had to commemt as ti wether Something was wrong

AD is dead. Forums are dead since the roid post ended. Atleast 100 people bothered to go on iRC for EoRC. Its more lively there but still dead i guess. TG has 229 people in its #planetarion channel. Maybe Appoco should allow a relay bot for eorc to reach maximum audience.
Unread 6 Dec 2017, 09:50   #9
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe thats because only a small minority gives 2 shits. I speak to other ally members all round about pols and such maybe you could do the same. Eorc is long enough as it is
Unread 6 Dec 2017, 11:14   #10
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

It is long (time length) due to its interview formation and one speaking at the time. During the same 30 mins - 1h it takes, there could be a lot more interesting views and stories heard.

Just voice some alliance representatives from winning side and losing side. Ask if anyone specially wants to be heard, by vote for example.
Unread 6 Dec 2017, 13:16   #11
Blue_Esper

More people talking = longer eorc. My suggestion would be if there was to be more people heard from...a round review submission from interested parties rather than a discussion.
Unread 7 Dec 2017, 20:12   #12
Lukey

Lukey is on a distinguished road

I agree, I think it needs to be restructured a little. Invariably it's very slow paced and seems to be a platform for guys to thank their pals.

What's the objective of the EORC? Are we looking to reward the winners with a platform to get their 5 minutes of e-fame, or are we looking for a balanced review of the round?

If the latter, we should setup some form of panel representing a HC from each of the top5 alliances along with coverage from the top 3 planets and galaxy. I'm not sure we really need an hour of Cardi shouting 'maumaumau' though.

I'd suggest a combination of the two personally, for the top planets and gals to thank their pals should take 5 minutes each max. Then for a more global perspective bring in a panel of HC's to discuss round progression, what worked well/didn't (quests/xp/stats etc) and reveal the juicy secrets of alliance politics.

1 minute - Introduction by Appoco
5 minutes - Top 3 Planets give their thanks and get a pat on the back
5 minutes - Top gal attempt banter
30 minutes - Ally panel (1 HC from each of top 5 allies)
1 minute - Closure by Appoco and announcements for next round

In general, Appoco should try and keep things flowing a little quicker, possibly identifying talking points before the session. e.g. last round key discussion points could have been quests, xp, deletions, blocks, political maneuvering. People should come away from the EORC with a greater understanding of how and why things ended up the way they did in the round, not just knowing who is mates with who.
Lukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2017, 06:06   #13
Ave

Well spoken Lukey
Unread 9 Dec 2017, 05:58   #14
M3dicMan

M3dicMan is on a distinguished road

Sounds like Lukey has given this some thought. I think that idea could work well indeed.

Round ???- PhX Alliance
Round 72-80 VGN
Round 81 CaRnage
Round 82-86 CT
Round 87-90 Wave Zero
Round 91-99 VGN
M3dicMan is offline   Reply With Quote