User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Jul 2017, 17:40   #1
Cow
Future

Cow has a spectacular aura aboutCow has a spectacular aura about
New Cov op

18:34 < Cow> Next round, could we have a covop that makes it possible to hack and send fake recall msgs?
18:35 < Fiery> no
18:35 < Rein|VPS> that is actually a fun idea
18:35 < Fiery> no

What you guys think? Could we freshen the covop up?

Cow
-Norsemen-
-Heresy-
-CT- (and tricked into CT another round Fawk GM)
-Seductive-
-ConspEresy-
-xVx-
Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2017, 19:14   #2
Lukey

Lukey is on a distinguished road
Re: New Cov op

Covop's could definitely be reviewed, I'd probably want to make it stronger in general to be more viable from a value perspective.

I'm not sure a fake recall message covop would be a good idea though, that sounds like it will cause only pain and suffering to little benefit.
Lukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2018, 15:10   #3
Spammer

Spammer has a spectacular aura aboutSpammer has a spectacular aura about

lol cow fake recall msgs ��
Spammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2018, 10:38   #4
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Telecom Disturbance: Unable to report or show signs of incomings for the next 1 - 6 ticks.

No incoming show on gal or ally display while affected by this.
Length affected based on agents used. (Example 10 agents 1 tick, 60 agents 6 ticks.) Kinda like Havoc.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2018, 10:46   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

info that could be useful in an Intel Gathering cov op:
- target is online/offline (this one used to show on some scan i think).
- target government
- target population settings
Unread 8 Jan 2018, 12:00   #6
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
- target government
maybe one that reduces population be 5% for 3 ticks?
Unread 8 Jan 2018, 16:49   #7
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Reducing the population bonuses might work. Reducing the population % you can allocate would be too messy.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2018, 15:56   #8
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

just do it manual.

i remember using a slightly different nickname on IRC/TG and telling people to recall their def. Just use a DC nick or the planet owner's name. It even worked once.

The cov op idea is not good though. People should trust every ingame feature.
Unread 9 Jan 2018, 18:12   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm inclined to agree. Having the game outright lie to you is not a good experience.

That said, there's some interesting ideas in this thread, and I'd be happy to hear more.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2018, 18:29   #10
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

I think blowing up roids is ridiculous it would be cool if instead of blowing them up you could steal them, ofcorse there would need to be a formula in place so it does not get abused, for example you have two attempt's a day to steal a maximum of 6 roids, that would mean the blowing up aspect could be completely removed as I don't see any use in it.
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2018, 21:29   #11
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
I think blowing up roids is ridiculous it would be cool if instead of blowing them up you could steal them, ofcorse there would need to be a formula in place so it does not get abused, for example you have two attempt's a day to steal a maximum of 6 roids, that would mean the blowing up aspect could be completely removed as I don't see any use in it.
Its called astropods.

What should happen is to remove fist, make research first then do add an alert drop covop.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2018, 19:14   #12
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Duncan:
imo they shouldn't have blowing up roids be the first cov op, maybe bribing guards or agents should be first

that way it doesn't discourage new players as much plus leaves more roids in the universe.

I agree with this also (thanks Duncan)
Unread 11 Jan 2018, 15:59   #13
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

Have the Cov op STEAL asteroids instead of blow them up.
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2018, 15:46   #14
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Next round, could we have a covop that makes it possible to hack and send fake recall msgs?
No. People would just stop trusting in-game recall mails and not recall until they heard from someone on IRC/Slack/tg/wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Telecom Disturbance: Unable to report or show signs of incomings for the next 1 - 6 ticks.

No incoming show on gal or ally display while affected by this.
Length affected based on agents used. (Example 10 agents 1 tick, 60 agents 6 ticks.) Kinda like Havoc.
No. Allies would just go back to external tools so members could report their own incs as soon as they saw them. This would be a disadvantage to small allies that don't have the means to run external tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
- target government
YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Maybe.

Quote:
YES! 6 seems a little low though.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2018, 12:45   #15
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

6 is low yes, it was a starting point, only a suggestion, the question is do you want to make the cap from covop stealing roids high enough that its a playable style or just so the roids that are being blown up stay in the universe?

Also what are the chances of the PA even looking into this idea as a possibly, after the low roid count this round id say they have to either remove the blowing up of roids or put the quests back to what they were previous to this round.
Unread 16 Jan 2018, 13:16   #16
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
6 is low yes, it was a starting point, only a suggestion, the question is do you want to make the cap from covop stealing roids high enough that its a playable style or just so the roids that are being blown up stay in the universe?

Also what are the chances of the PA even looking into this idea as a possibly, after the low roid count this round id say they have to either remove the blowing up of roids or put the quests back to what they were previous to this round.
Or reverse the init formula
Unread 16 Jan 2018, 18:59   #17
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Blowing up roids never made any sense to me, especially in the last few years. The amount of asteroids produced by quests certainly helped last round, but may have been too much.

We certainly don't need fewer roids up for grabs. I mostly sign up every round to add more roids to the universe, rather than actively playing.

The target online/offline, gov, pop is something to look at....but I think planets still show 'online' unless you hit the logout button, for 2 hours if you just close your browser?

Covops still needs some serious attention in general.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote