User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 2 Jan 2018, 13:43   #51
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R75 Shipstats

Oh, I didn't notice we're only 3 days before tickstart. Heh. So much for balance, I guess.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2018, 05:14   #52
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Oh, I didn't notice we're only 3 days before tickstart. Heh. So much for balance, I guess.
Dont think balance matter much these days anyways

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2018, 06:39   #53
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Congratulations ND on another roid swap xp fest round win.

50% xan round ahoy!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2018, 22:16   #54
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Is the corsair E cost intended? it seems a lot higher than any other ship. at 42% of the total ship costs.
Like someone added the E to get to the total costs of the ship but forgot to balance it later.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2018, 09:33   #55
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Is the corsair E cost intended? it seems a lot higher than any other ship. at 42% of the total ship costs.
Like someone added the E to get to the total costs of the ship but forgot to balance it later.
I just noticed that the Clipper costs more Eonium than Metal.
Which is the only Norm ship with this cost setup.
Think everyone failed to see this.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2018, 13:51   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If that's the kind of problems people are worrying about, then I guess Blue_Esper did a good job.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 12 Jan 2018, 18:09   #57
TheoDD

Quote:
If that's the kind of problems people are worrying about, then I guess Blue_Esper did a good job.
Not sure how you draw that conclusion from my one comment, regarding one ship.
55% cath/xan in the universe, if that's a good balanced job...
I like most your post mz, just not the pointless ones.
Unread 13 Jan 2018, 00:35   #58
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's pointless to complain about stats that are already in use, when the universe numbers (will) speak for themselves.

Communication about stats is also quite disheartening: a day before signups the stats are uploaded to beta, feedback is requested but not replied to (other than shipnames), changes are made but not noted or kept track of... At some point you just accept whatever you get and go with it.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2018, 07:29   #59
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Not sure how you draw that conclusion from my one comment, regarding one ship.
55% cath/xan in the universe, if that's a good balanced job...
I like most your post mz, just not the pointless ones.
I assume and assumed your (and everyone's) goal is to make or help make good stats. We do that by pointing out the biggest and most important problems first. If you use words like 'failure' to complain about how the resource distribution of one single ship is misaligned with tradition, then I have a hard time taking your post seriously. I mean, come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
It's pointless to complain about stats that are already in use
For the current round, sure. Unfortunately, the player base is dissatisfied with the stats very often, and it is not like the stats makers and aficionadi are making new and interesting mistakes every round. We're making the same mistakes over and over again, and talking about them is the only way we're going to improve.
Unread 13 Jan 2018, 12:05   #60
ianrenton

ianrenton is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
It's pointless to complain about stats that are already in use, when the universe numbers (will) speak for themselves.

Communication about stats is also quite disheartening: a day before signups the stats are uploaded to beta, feedback is requested but not replied to (other than shipnames), changes are made but not noted or kept track of... At some point you just accept whatever you get and go with it.
Touche
Unread 13 Jan 2018, 23:31   #61
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Yes this round is a stats cockup. As i was the only one who was having input on stats its solely my responsibilty.
Stats were ready to upload prior to Christmas but as appoccomaster was away i only had about 3 days before signups opened to upload stats and do emp effs as i dont have a emp calc on my excel spreadsheet. the beta server ticks didnt run so no one played the stats so only information i had was bcalcing. From calcing i deduced that xan was weak enough in my mind to not dominate the round (which i still believe) only criticism i got before signups was that emp eff was too low and that there were a lot of ships.

Changes were logged between jintao and myself but not reported to on forum.
Unread 14 Jan 2018, 10:16   #62
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Yes this round is a stats cockup. As i was the only one who was having input on stats its solely my responsibilty.
Stats were ready to upload prior to Christmas but as appoccomaster was away i only had about 3 days before signups opened to upload stats and do emp effs as i dont have a emp calc on my excel spreadsheet. the beta server ticks didnt run so no one played the stats so only information i had was bcalcing. From calcing i deduced that xan was weak enough in my mind to not dominate the round (which i still believe) only criticism i got before signups was that emp eff was too low and that there were a lot of ships.

Changes were logged between jintao and myself but not reported to on forum.

Emp eff is a cop out. My spreadsheet does it. You could have used that
Unread 16 Jan 2018, 19:02   #63
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone working on r76 stats yet?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2018, 02:01   #64
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Yes
Unread 17 Jan 2018, 22:02   #65
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I might submit a set for next round
Unread 19 Jan 2018, 01:21   #66
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Whoever is ready first can maybe start the R76 roundstats threat?
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2018, 05:13   #67
Blue_Esper

fine
Unread 31 Jan 2018, 19:43   #68
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm doesn't seem to be much movement from the 2 people that were submitting stat sets
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2018, 02:00   #69
Blue_Esper

Sorry ive made them ill post em later tonight after work
Unread 11 Feb 2018, 15:45   #70
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Long workdays
Unread 25 Feb 2018, 12:03   #71
Shhhhhhh

Did we give up on the idea of forum feedback?
Unread 25 Feb 2018, 13:22   #72
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Did we give up on the idea of forum feedback?
what are we supposed to give feedback on?
Unread 25 Feb 2018, 19:45   #73
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

this
Unread 26 Feb 2018, 02:30   #74
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I haventhad the time to put them into beta so im going to withdraw my stats
Unread 26 Feb 2018, 10:06   #75
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Would you be opposed to someone else finishing the job, Paisley?

(It's a general question; I'm not volunteering, unless starting Wednesday evening is acceptable. Which I bet it isn't.)
Unread 26 Feb 2018, 18:49   #76
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

not at all, I would welcome someone to finish the set Mz