User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 21 Feb 2017, 11:24   #1
Dzasta

Dzasta is an unknown quantity at this point
Admin - Can you bring back quick rounds?

How long has the game been back up? I used to play MANY years ago. LOVED this game and happy to see it back up. Can't wait until the next round!

I enjoyed playing the fast tick part of the game as well on the side of waiting for hour long ticks etc. It kept me "logged in". Where is the fast tick side of the game now?
Dzasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2017, 11:26   #2
Dzasta

Re: Admin - Can you bring back quick rounds?

Also what happened to the community? I see no posts at all on these forums.
Unread 21 Feb 2017, 13:29   #3
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

There's a "havoc" period at the end of each round, 15min ticks etc.
Beta -server runs at faster ticks when it runs, speedgame might run sometimes too. Some special rounds have faster ticks as well (like x-mas or summer rounds [possibly]).

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2017, 20:05   #4
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzasta View Post
Also what happened to the community? I see no posts at all on these forums.
The community is a lot smaller now. And forums are out of fashion!

But also there are good reasons not to post on the forums; posts on AD invariably spark vitriolic arguments between alliances which can be fun but is hardly community forming. We dont really have anything to discuss on suggestions... every suggestion has been made and we know that any changes that are made wont be based on community suggestions anyway. Strategy, well similar, pretty much every strategy has been tried, we discuss the next round stats a bit but even that is unexciting now jintao is in charge. PD, well what is there to discuss beyond alliances? We no longer have many big stoppages to discuss!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2017, 00:57   #5
Dzasta

Thanks for the responses. It sure is A LOT different since back in the day, community/forum wise. However, I do see decent alliance numbers which seems decently scattered from when I played during the last days. I played with WP and another group that I can't remember. Wish I had all the old alliance names that used to play. I look forward to playing next round.
Unread 22 Feb 2017, 10:08   #6
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

check out http://beta.planetarion.com/history/history.php
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2017, 03:45   #7
Dzasta

This isn't the "first" round 14-70 right? Not seeing my old clan in rankings. Thanks for the link either way!
Unread 23 Feb 2017, 08:51   #8
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately information from earlier rounds is not officially stored. The best we have is http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki....php/Main_Page

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 24 Feb 2017, 01:14   #9
Dzasta

I remember a lot of the alliances in this list. I was able to go through all of them, but still unable to find my alliance. Maybe this will help, if anyone remembers the community from the start. My friends name was Demolition "i believe". He was called "demo" for short. Anyone remember him?

My memory is so bad these days, I wish I could remember the name or other members.

Edit : Is possible my memory is so bad, that I can't remember the name ever after seeing it. Lets hope not! lol

Thanks for the replies!

Last edited by Dzasta; 24 Feb 2017 at 08:23.
Unread 24 Feb 2017, 01:19   #10
booji
a bucket

Quote:
I played with WP and another group that I can't remember.
Quote:
I remember a lot of the alliances in this list. I wasn't able to go through all of them, but still unable to find my alliance.
I thought WP referred to Wolfpack?

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 24 Feb 2017, 03:21   #11
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
It does
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2017, 08:20   #12
Dzasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Yea, it does. But there was another group that I played with that I am trying to remember as well.