User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 03:05   #1
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough
Long shot: parsing and IRC

I'm trying to get together a xml parser and a system to output stuff to IRC. I know that back in the day these were common in planetarion, so just wondering if anyone has one still. I think the parser is being made by a comrade, but I don't know an effective way to output to IRC. Any help would be appreciated
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2004, 12:44   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Long shot: parsing and IRC

dunno bout the parsing bit but i suppose if you feel adventurous you could make an irc thing for it. the docu rfc1459 will be of help
alternatively you could use the dde server of mirc i suppose, or the SendMessage() command for mirc

/help SendMessage should bring it up in mirc for ya
im working on a c++ irc bot framework, which is nowhere near finished but pm me if you want the ( VERY EARLY ) alpha of it. probably a fair few bugs in it still tho
Unread 15 May 2004, 23:38   #3
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

In order to relay messages from the web site, our IRC services check an SQL table every 10 seconds, with the format:
Command Sender Reciever Message

Then its just a case of emptying the table after any messages have been sent.
Unread 16 May 2004, 22:54   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

xtothez: Out of interest, what are your IRC services written in (and how do they connect to SQL)