User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 20:22   #1
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Pld!

[20:10] <A2> Repeat: we can NOT run r9 code anymore. (in case you missed it)

Can i send u a CD-R? next time u can backup then ^^
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 20:25   #2
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Pld!

[19:10:04] <+d-sun> <Karmulian> unfortunatly there is one thing we cannot do
[19:10:12] <+d-sun> <Karmulian> Run rnd9/old code
[19:10:24] <SYMM> what sort of idiot deleted the code?
[19:10:36] <@XtoTheZ> they didnt delete it
[19:10:42] <@XtoTheZ> mit just doesnt understand it
[19:10:48] <@XtoTheZ> its not written in VB
[19:10:57] <SYMM> heh
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 20:26   #3
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point

oh then: PLD again
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 22:24   #4
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

lol
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 23:26   #5
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

I wonder if they will ever get someone who actualy can code not just browsed 2 pages in pcgamer about vb.net

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 23:30   #6
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

rd7 > rd9 :P
Ultores
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 23:33   #7
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

dont know with u guys
but i wont play a game that reminds me more of Sim city then planetarion
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:58   #8
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

They should go back to R9 stats or further back (maby we then wont eaven have to pay for it)

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 01:28   #9
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
dont know with u guys
but i wont play a game that reminds me more of Sim city then planetarion

SIM CITY PWNS U so if it's really a combo i think it's utterly good for planetarion :P
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 07:26   #10
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

bring back r1-2-3 you useless twats
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 07:52   #11
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

The code is there, just not the set-up of the database. Give me 2 weeks and I reverse engineer it for ya.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 09:33   #12
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
[19:10:04] <+d-sun> <Karmulian> unfortunatly there is one thing we cannot do
[19:10:12] <+d-sun> <Karmulian> Run rnd9/old code
[19:10:24] <SYMM> what sort of idiot deleted the code?
[19:10:36] <@XtoTheZ> they didnt delete it
[19:10:42] <@XtoTheZ> mit just doesnt understand it
[19:10:48] <@XtoTheZ> its not written in VB
[19:10:57] <SYMM> heh

erm... what is it written in then ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 09:39   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Are you seriously suggesting that the game is written in the forum scripting language?

ps.

Might it have been easier to you know, reg a new account back in R2 rather than whinging about it?
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 09:40   #14
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

XtoTheZ is refering to Visual Basic![/obvious]
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 10:49   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
XtoTheZ is refering to Visual Basic![/obvious]
Got up a bit early this morning

And I thought the boxes were running a bit slow; they're on BBC Micros now aren't they?
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 14:15   #16
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Current PA-Team in clueless twats non shocker?

Seriously though, any specific reason why pre PaX code cannot be run?
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 14:31   #17
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParraCida
Seriously though, any specific reason why pre PaX code cannot be run?
We dont have any code other than r9. The reason for not being able to run r9 is that we dont have a database for it. As was said above.

Was useful how everyone spent 2 hours complaining about not being able to have old code instead of actually discussing something useful once they had been told any speedrounds would have to be pax for now.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 14:53   #18
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

The situation is thus:

We have accessible the PAX code, and the database structure to run it.
This means we can run it, and once we've got server access to it then we'll be able to see what tweaks we can make to it for the purposes of speedrounds.

Pre-PAX / "Classic PA" code cannot be run. We have the pages and the ticker, but we do not have the database structure needed to make it work. Classic PA was written in C, and compiled to fastCGI, hence we cannot just look in the code for the details we need. A database would need to be set up in Sybase identical to the one needed.
When PAX was written it was run on a different OS to Classic PA. (Classic used Gentoo, and PAX uses FreeBSD I think) and hence all the r9.5 stuff was lost in the reformat that was necessary.
Neither of the versions run at the i-events exist anymore for various reasons.
We have contacted both Spinner and Fudge about getting a copy of the structure, but they have not got one available.
Without a DataBase we cannot run the classic code.

Hope this has made it clearer.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 15:17   #19
Guard
Elysium Battle Commando

Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
in something else??

hi pookie! How's you?
[21:48] * @aG|Ghostie is ook weg
[21:48] <@aG|Ghostie> krijg last van me pik
[21:48] <@aG|Ghostie> *pink
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 15:49   #20
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
The situation is thus:

This means we can run it, and once we've got server access to it then we'll be able to see what tweaks we can make to it for the purposes of speedrounds.

Pre-PAX / "Classic PA" code cannot be run. We have the pages and the ticker, but we do not have the database structure needed to make it work. Classic PA was written in C, and compiled to fastCGI, hence we cannot just look in the code for the details we need. A database would need to be set up in Sybase identical to the one needed.
When PAX was written it was run on a different OS to Classic PA. (Classic used Gentoo, and PAX uses FreeBSD I think) and hence all the r9.5 stuff was lost in the reformat that was necessary.
Neither of the versions run at the i-events exist anymore for various reasons.
We have contacted both Spinner and Fudge about getting a copy of the structure, but they have not got one available.
Without a DataBase we cannot run the classic code.

jusk ask dave, the ******** guy, he might be able to help
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 19:27   #21
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
What, you can't get the C source?
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 20:16   #22
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

What does this thread do in Alliance Discussion anyway?
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 21:38   #23
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

there is a very clear link here! remember the coded ingame alliance functions?
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 21:44   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
What does this thread do in Alliance Discussion anyway?
Showing how incompetent pa-creators/pa-team/jolt is ?

I cant think of any other reason
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 22:10   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Incompetence isn't an excuse dude.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 22:12   #26
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
jusk ask dave, the ******** guy, he might be able to help
Nah, I enjoy the amusement that I and everyone else derives from this situation .
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 23:23   #27
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Incompetence isn't an excuse dude.
Actually, its the only excuse.

When the PA community wonders why something can't be done, the answer usually is that the PA-Team is too incompetent to do it.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 23:51   #28
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
The situation is thus:

Pre-PAX / "Classic PA" code cannot be run.
Cool, I think PAX was a great game
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 23:56   #29
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Pld!

I wouldn't have thought it possible, but PA seem to have "lost" more source then they have written.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 00:48   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No programmer would spend as much time as the original creators did on a piece of software and not back it up and/or keep the source, I defy even Spinner to be that daft*. There's more afoot here, ca'ain.

*In this unlikely event that he was that daft I don't care
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 00:50   #31
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

There are several pa-clones out there, why not just "get" it from them?
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 01:25   #32
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

none of them are writting in C/FCG and use a sybase database

Tactitus - PATEAM never lost the source, we never had it to begin with
we assumed (wrongly) that jolt, spinner or fudge would have copies

however the one working/full copy was on jpaweb02, which was formatted before RND10 started
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 01:35   #33
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So did you lose the source code, or are you unable to recreate the required database structure? Which is it? As we now have two PA Team members giving seemingly contradictive statements.
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 01:38   #34
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
So did you lose the source code, or are you unable to recreate the required database structure? Which is it? As we now have two PA Team members giving seemingly contradictive statements.
thb, who cares. Quit living in the past (not meant to you personally, more to all those whining about former stats etc). Atleast this round we saw a battle between the top alliance which wasn't over after 36 ticks ...

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 01:38   #35
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
thb, who cares
Obviously the people in this thread for a start.
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 02:30   #36
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
Tactitus - PATEAM never lost the source, we never had it to begin with
we assumed (wrongly) that jolt, spinner or fudge would have copies
If you believe that you are even dumber than you look, which incidentally would be quite an accomplishment, a first for you! hooray!
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 02:34   #37
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Atleast this round we saw a battle between the top alliance which wasn't over after 36 ticks ...

rgds Kj
Look, there are a lot of things wrong with PaX, but I don't think it would be fair to blame it for the fact that you lot were equally crap this round.
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 08:15   #38
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

I talked a lot with spinner last summer in Rucphen about all kinda stuff. A part from chit chatting about some good old cheaters, his childhood, his wife and kids and some other shit. He said that he didn't got a back-up of the previous code written in previous rounds. This was because a next round always was an improvement of the previous one. So he didn't felt like keeping it.

R9 code is their, but not the operating system or the database. Sure it can be reveersed engineered, but this takes time and knowledge. So let's all keep bitching PA Team about their incompetence, this will REALLY help to get a new round going, or any decent speedround. Keep posting, you are really doing a good thing. I even suggest to make as many post as possible where words like, incompetence, dumbass, suckers and losers appears at least twice a sentence!

Good luck, for those last 4 rounds I never doubt your skills in whining so keep it coming!
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 08:33   #39
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Lord Thunderball is a attention seeker
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 08:38   #40
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

True, keep it coming! More not usefull post!!! Go Go Go
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 19:25   #41
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Look, there are a lot of things wrong with PaX, but I don't think it would be fair to blame it for the fact that you lot were equally crap this round.
Ohh, Parra against the playing community ...

I feel sorry for you, really

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 23:48   #42
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Unlike you I won't pretend to have any feelings towards you of whichever kind, I don't feel sorry for you, I don't like or dislike you, you're a little squeez toy thats fun to play with every once in a while so you'll have to excuse me if I don't share an intricate emotion of mine towards you.

On the other hand, I believe I have made it quite clear that in my opinion the current playerbase is mostly populated by people who can only shine because all the better players have left. Therefore, any positive remark towards general game play of PaX in conjuntion to the playerbase to me is quite absurd because the current players are worth less than a box of empty candy wrappers.

In any case, I'm not against the playing community at all, but comments such as 'omg lol pax rocks cuz we had some liek decent alliance play liek' are in my opinion unsubtanciated, subjective and completely derived from the fact that the lesser players can now be the bullies of the playground.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:00   #43
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In any case, I'm not against the playing community at all, but comments such as 'omg lol pax rocks cuz we had some liek decent alliance play liek' are in my opinion unsubtanciated, subjective and completely derived from the fact that the lesser players can now be the bullies of the playground.
Ooh
In that case, comments such as 'Current PA-Team in clueless twats non shocker?' are, in my opinion, unsubstanciated, subjective and almost completely derived from the fact that someone no longer under the constraints of official responsibility can say what they like to whom they like, without fear of retaliation.
Not to mention unconstructive

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Mushroom; 9 Jan 2004 at 00:08.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:19   #44
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
Ooh
In that case, comments such as 'Current PA-Team in clueless twats non shocker?' are, in my opinion, unsubstanciated, subjective and almost completely derived from the fact that someone no longer under the constraints of official responsibility can say what they like to whom they like, without fear of retaliation.
Not to mention unconstructive
Nice try, not bad, I'll give you a D for the effort.

Besides I don't have to substanciate those arguements, I mean, once people find out that they passed up on a sponsorship that would allow them to provide one full free round they will probably say the same thing.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:19   #45
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
thb, who cares. Quit living in the past (not meant to you personally, more to all those whining about former stats etc).
I know it's not a personal comment, but I'm going to reply anyway.

I know that PA has to move forward. Going back to an old round won't work for a variety of reasons - although re-implementing several features from classic PA would be a good thing. For speedrounds, vintage PA might be a nice thing, though. At any rate, for PA to move forward, it needs to be in the hands of a competent and unified team. And now we seem to have PA Team members contradicting each other yet again, openly, in a single forum thread.

A2 claims that the old code is present, but that the required db structure can't be set up.
Karmulian then claims that the code was lost as the box was formatted and no one has a backup.

How will we ever know any kind of statement from PA Team is true, if they are regularly second-guessed or even contradicted by the same team? I remember MrBrick once wanting a no-talk policy for all PA Team members and having a single person do all of the announcing. I'm thinking now is an excellent time to implement just that.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:24   #46
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I remember MrBrick once wanting a no-talk policy for all PA Team members and having a single person do all of the announcing. I'm thinking now is an excellent time to implement just that.
Then you'll also remember that the resultant reluctance of anyone to say anything regarding important issues when the chosen "single voice" wasn't present resulted in that rather large "tell us something!" thread that was on here not so long ago?
But you're right, whether approached the same way as last time or not, it still needs addressing.

Oh and Parra, it was just an opinion.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:35   #47
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Karmulian formulated himself wrongly, and you Leshy, are trolling.

All there is to it.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:37   #48
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
Then you'll also remember that the resultant reluctance of anyone to say anything regarding important issues when the chosen "single voice" wasn't present resulted in that rather large "tell us something!" thread that was on here not so long ago?
I mostly remember none of us willing to agree to a no-talk policy

But then the need for it at that time was IMO not as high as now, as there were still only a few people who made the big actual statements, eg. Spinner, Fudge and MrBrick. Now there is a situation in which there is no 'big leader person type', and thus we don't know which PA Team member to listen to - especially if they contradict each other.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:45   #49
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:47   #50
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
IA2 claims that the old code is present, but that the required db structure can't be set up.
Karmulian then claims that the code was lost as the box was formatted and no one has a backup.
I shall correct you then, what A2 said is correct. I HAVE a copy of the .fcg files (compiled C++ iirc) but, no copy of the sybase database (it got corrupted, wouldn't start and i needed the diskspace back so i deleted it)
Hence, we have the code, but not the database.

As for people saying 'reverse engineer' we can't from compiled C++ (its not in a human readable format) and 'using others', they don't use sybase as far as i know.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Closed Thread