User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Jan 2004, 19:49   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Dual monitor setup and games

I have a problem when trying to play games with my brand new dual monitor setup. When I start a game, and the second monitor is active in the configuration, it doesn't even start the game.
I was hoping I could use my messenger and play my game at the same moment. But aparently this is not possible?
I'm not using any special tools, just the extend desktop ability of the catalyst driver.
So how can I pull this off? Is it possible?

Card: Radeon 9600XT
Driver: Catalyst 3.10
Games tried: Need For speed Underground - Battlefield 1942

TY!
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2004, 20:37   #2
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Dual monitor setup and games

I managed to do this using two separate cards (GeForce4 AGP and Riva TNT2 PCI). However when using the dual-output on my GeForce, it wasn't possible.
Unread 1 Jan 2004, 21:15   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Dual monitor setup and games

I'm using dual monitors (Radeon 9700 pro), and I've not encountered this; admittedly, I haven't used NFS or BF1942 when in dual monitor (or not at all).

However, I think you're going to be disappointed if you want to use the 2nd monitor to have nongame applications running, and interact with them. The games don't like it, and when you access a non-game application they minimise.

I tend to just go back to single monitor for games.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote