User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jun 2004, 08:16   #1
OrionIII
Force Adept

OrionIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Donations

OK,

1. i got a few suggestions, one lose the 72 tick penalty for leaving an alliance... 12 ticks is more than plenty

2. BRING BACK DONATING TO ANYONE IN UR GALAXY!

3. BRING BACK PDS!

4. Allow donations to a ALLIANCE FUND, and allow the alliance to create a fleet based on that money, the fleet would be restricted to DEFENSEIVE actions only.

5. Allow the ALliance fund to be donated by a HC to anyone in the alliance, NO RESTRICTIONS.

6. REMOVE THE RESTRICTION ON GALAXY FUND DONATIONS.... i was 2nd in my galaxy but was hit hella hard recently, and i am slowly slipping in score and am trying desperately to get back the 200 roids ii lost but, am struggling and my gal mates keep getting father ahead of me, LET THE MOD GIVE ANYONE CASH... when the decent size guy gets hit hard and needs help to keep from dropping like a rock, the damn restriction is annoying!!! and with inactives in a galaxy, you exile one nad anther takes his place... so its hard to bring the average score up, and the bad part is my galaxy was almost even except for the guy whose score was under 10K he brought eh the average down far enough he was the only one eligible for assistance!!! nd he was inactive... so this system is a BAD idea... fix it
Round 11 - Fusi0n HC / Coven Member / Coven Officer
Round 13 & 14 - Coven Officer
Round 15 - Insomnia
OrionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 08:29   #2
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future
Re: Donations

i think experience from earlier rounds have shown that donating to everyone in the galaxy leads only to 'feeding' a top planet. if you allow even that a whole alliance can donate to someone it is the same just even worse imo. the system is to support the weaker planetes in the galaxies : >

pds ... never liked it :P it's just annoying

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 19:51   #3
OrionIII
Force Adept

the problem with the donations is that the little guys often arent active ... hence thier the little guys... why donate resources to an inactive?

if youre gc is high up and gets WHACKED HARDCORE, then the gal fund shoudl eb available to help him and prevent his slipping further down and restabilize him,

for instance me... i was hit overly hard, and my socre continued to fall in relkation to the rest of the galaxy, i went form 250 roids to 39... now try and do something with 13 roids each type, this far in, i couldnt even build a damn construction cos it took me 3 ticks to ge teh resources....!!! the gal fund should be regulated by the mod... shit if it will make things better, make donations like exiles... the mod can suggest a donation, and the GC, Moc and Mow have to agree that way its fair and there is a check and balance... same way with an alliance fund, make the HC's approve doantions, so its fair and has a check and balance situtation....
Round 15 - Insomnia
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 19:54   #4
OrionIII
Force Adept

also if you make an allianc edefense fleet allow donatin of ships to it form memebr planets
Round 15 - Insomnia
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 22:34   #5
Precursors

Precursors is an unknown quantity at this point

how bout...donate everything to me so I can become a super-mega planet?
Precursors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 15:33   #6
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionIII
1. i got a few suggestions, one lose the 72 tick penalty for leaving an alliance... 12 ticks is more than plenty
If you're going to make it 12, why not make it zero? It's there to discourage fairweather players who jump ship on a whim. Anyone can survive 12 ticks without an alliance, even just on ingal def - especially if you consider they won't necessarially be discovered in that time.
Quote:
2. BRING BACK DONATING TO ANYONE IN UR GALAXY!
You mean donating all the money in gal to make one unnaturally large top planet? Why? The gal fund already does its job, allowing trade between everyone and donations to help the smaller guys.
Quote:
3. BRING BACK PDS!!
The concept of PDS is terminally flawed. It can't be moved should the inevitable fleet thats large enough to trash it comes along, resulting in a pile of salvage and lost roids. It does absolutely nothing to help your alliance, the resources could be better spent on def ships to protect your peers or attack ships to improve your income. And don't say it's there to protect small people, the attack limit has already been increased something insane like 40%.
Quote:
4. Allow donations to a ALLIANCE FUND, and allow the alliance to create a fleet based on that money, the fleet would be restricted to DEFENSEIVE actions only.!!
I agree with the idea of a limited alliance fund for the purposes of small donations (such as fueling scanners or topping up a shortfall in a new construction), but an alliance def fleet is just a retarded idea. You're basically asking for members to donate towards ships the HC can (ab)use for defense, ships which can't be fleet caught, covopped, etc. Did you miss the part of PA Alliances 101 where the main point was defined as players defending each other, not throwing all your income into a big pot to be spent and controlled by someone who calls themself HC? Small alliance HCs will abuse this as personal guard, and the larger ones will realise how stupid it is to make members give away their income. It won't be used as you intended. Ever.
Quote:
5. Allow the ALliance fund to be donated by a HC to anyone in the alliance, NO RESTRICTIONS.
See my remarks on donating planets to #1, and how lame that would be.
Quote:
6. REMOVE THE RESTRICTION ON GALAXY FUND DONATIONS....
Isn't this the same as your 2nd point? The only part I agree with is that something needs to be done about small, idle planets which just clog up galaxies making everyone's round shitty. I'd love to know why they haven't just added a 'limbo' universe for idle planets to be moved to when exiled, then get placed when or if they ever log in again.
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 15:37   #7
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

WHACKED HARDCORE,
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 15:43   #8
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

i can just say 1 thing: I think XtotheZ is right
(this gives a strange feeling )

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 22:20   #9
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

good to see there are still dumb newbs in this game
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2004, 10:24   #10
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Quote:
If you're going to make it 12, why not make it zero? It's there to discourage fairweather players who jump ship on a whim. Anyone can survive 12 ticks without an alliance, even just on ingal def - especially if you consider they won't necessarially be discovered in that time.
One thing though - If you get kicked from an alliance, and have to go 72 ticks on gal defence, its not very fair, especially as the alliance knows that you are alliance-less

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote