User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:12   #1
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Free exiles before tickstart

Since there isn't going to be a shuffle, how about the option for GCs/ministers to exile planets for free if they meet certain criteria (eg. 0 roids, no logins since signup, etc), This would help with removing the 'dead-weight' accounts (especially those who didn't get the buddy code working first time and just signed up again). Then at least the spots in active gals could be used by people signing up in the next week, rather than sending them to the back of the universe with less and less active players.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:13   #2
Lord Cheese

Lord Cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Free exiles before tickstart

sounds a good plan to me
Lord Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:15   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

ppl with 0 roids are good, means they are wiating for final stats etc
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:16   #4
Vanquisher
heh

Vanquisher is an unknown quantity at this point

You can always change race once stats are released
Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:18   #5
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Forest you noob. You init all you can of each roid. Period.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:23   #6
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

therat im not a noob, why do stuff b4 u have absolute every avenue covered. I know for a fact i wont miss ticks, so im not losing ANYTHING by waiting, but i have everything to gain.

Should i be exiled for that?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:27   #7
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Yeah, I suppose spinner is going to turn around and change everything of pa's foundation the last 6 days before tick start. Good you are covered then at least!

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:28   #8
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Free exiles before tickstart

Exiling isn't a very good mechanism for dealing with inactives because it just pushes the inactives around. They should be quarantined until they're deleted (or become active).

I hope we don't see another round spoiled by dead accounts. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:29   #9
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Free exiles before tickstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRat
Yeah, I suppose spinner is going to turn around and change everything of pa's foundation the last 6 days before tick start.
Wouldn't be the first time.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:34   #10
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Should i be exiled for that?
Not if you just post on the gal forums to show you're not inactive...
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:54   #11
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politics page
Exile vote in progress
The exile target is #### OF #######.
The cost is currently 0 of each resource from the fund.
While people have 0 score you can exile them for free

but if you don't have 4 active people in the gal ur slightly ****ed cos you cant get the votes you need

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 01:19   #12
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Im more bothered by the fact im the only random placed planet in my galaxy still. I wont have any gal mates to exile at this rate

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 01:51   #13
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

I want a shuffle :| Tide of Darknes has already threatened to kill me if I don't vote for someone else as the GC. If we don't shuffle they'll find me and kill me
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 03:59   #14
thaeter
Got my villain necktie

thaeter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehVader
I want a shuffle :| Tide of Darknes has already threatened to kill me if I don't vote for someone else as the GC. If we don't shuffle they'll find me and kill me
rofl
thaeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 04:16   #15
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehVader
Lupine Crux threatened to crush my whole galaxy in the beta, unless we voted one of them GC. Can we hide together? Theyre after me i tell you

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 11:39   #16
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

so when I exile a inactive, I get a new one thats just been exiled from another gal? Rather have a cleanup where they all get deleted

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 11:45   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
While people have 0 score you can exile them for free

but if you don't have 4 active people in the gal ur slightly ****ed cos you cant get the votes you need
It always used to be the case that the exile was free with 0 score, but there had to be at least 1 resource in the gal-fund for it to work, and as you couldn't (can't?) donate to the fund until ticks start, you can't exile anyone.

How would you stop people exiling "inactives" repeatedly until they get someone from their alliance in-gal though?
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 11:58   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As long as you don't start res/con you can still switch races at a moment's notice before ticks start, to wait for the 'final stats' to be published
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 18:13   #19
joobles

joobles is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah. Last round I had a situation where I couldn't get enough active people to exile the inactives so we had 2 weeks of a galaxy full of dead wood. It sucked. Was so glad I hadnt bought a credit before discovering that. It is in the interests of the game to allow deletion of inactives. I didn't pay last round cause of this and a lot of noobs would be put off playing by an experience like that and maybe move over to "the other game"

And threats to get a GC vote is just so pathetic.
joobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 18:22   #20
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Allow free exiles and if they meet certain inactivity criteria stick them in limbo (no co-ords) until they log in again. Obviously the requires for this limbo would need to be strict to prevent people abusing it as incoming immunity, but there's no reason not to prevent inactive planets from interfering with everyone elses round.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:20   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Do we get bonus for GC/Minister positions again now?
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:26   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

no

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:08   #23
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

I was thinking not to upgrade my planet until I get more people in my galaxy. Signed up as soon as it was possible and still I only have one other planet in my galaxy. Yes I'm getting slightly worried.

What bothers me most yet again, is the lack of information (call it announcements if you will). Yes I've heard hearsay about "no shuffle", "possible merges" etc but nothing concrete. I see lots of gals with only a few ppl in them. What's the point in upgrading planets if noone cant even assure that you don't have to play alone in your galaxy.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:08   #24
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Exiling works and its free, so go a head and get rid of the inactives! :-)
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:10   #25
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
I was thinking not to upgrade my planet until I get more people in my galaxy. Signed up as soon as it was possible and still I only have one other planet in my galaxy. Yes I'm getting slightly worried.

What bothers me most yet again, is the lack of information (call it announcements if you will). Yes I've heard hearsay about "no shuffle", "possible merges" etc but nothing concrete. I see lots of gals with only a few ppl in them. What's the point in upgrading planets if noone cant even assure that you don't have to play alone in your galaxy.
Well my biggest concern is how they are going to fill up the gals if there are to be no shuffle.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 23:47   #26
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

mergings, which is sort of like shuffling but moves "bits of gals" around to make bigger ones. but some people call that a shuffle :/
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 03:28   #27
Quanticles
l337 Beyond Repair

Quanticles is an unknown quantity at this point

They need to have a shuffle to even up the number of unpaid accounts. Also, if an unpaid account isnt accessed during the first 24 ticks then they should be deleted. Yes we want more people to play, but let's not be unfair to the people who pay.

Personally, if I get screwed for a gal this round I dont see any reason to play another. I dont like leaving things to chance when tthe outcome of the chance lasts for a few months and costs me money.
Quanticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 19:16   #28
joobles

joobles is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i will also not come back if my galaxy sucks. It will just be one too many times. It's not fun to play in that sort of situation. I do sometimes wonder how many people find themselves in this situation and so open a new account, but dont want to get rid of the old one cause of the time spent on it etc and become a multi.
joobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 23:18   #29
Damon
TringTring

Damon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
As long as you don't start res/con you can still switch races at a moment's notice before ticks start, to wait for the 'final stats' to be published
Thats almost correct Lokken.
You can cancel con/res and then change race again.
Without losses.
I tried that already

Rnd 3 : 39:23:13 CpV
Rnd 4 : ?:?:? Bluetuba
Rnd 5 : 30:25 VtS
Rnd 6 : 28:9:? VtS
Rnd 7 : 17:6:3 VtS
Rnd 8 : 31:2 Adelante / Fury
Rnd 9 : ?:? Eclipse
Rnd 10 : ?
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 02:40   #30
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

heh i just read this right after nagging the planets in my gal with 0 roids to initiate or to say hello

Tide of Darkness tried to recruit me already, however i remain safe from their threats for the time being!