User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 May 2004, 23:34   #1
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I want to find the bastard...

...who took 'Firefly' off the air and kick him in the bollocks

This show seriously rocks. A lot.
Unread 18 May 2004, 00:11   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I want to find the bastard...

The same people who took Futurama and Family Guy (temporarily at least in the latter case) off the air.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 00:20   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Seriously Mark?
Unread 18 May 2004, 00:20   #4
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

blame americans for not understanding satircal and ironic humour
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 00:24   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Seriously Mark?
GG Fox.
Unread 18 May 2004, 00:28   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What fags they are.
Unread 18 May 2004, 00:33   #7
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

They are making a feature length movie before seeing if he can go into another series or two.

Reason why it's off the air? Joss Whedon doesn't get along well with tv channel bosses I think. Firefly was cracking. Though tbh Angel has improved a lot now he's more focussed.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend

Last edited by Evergreen; 18 May 2004 at 00:38.
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 00:39   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm definitely looking forward to Serenity, yes.

And I reckon Angel mostly improved because Buffy finished, not as much because of Firefly, although of course it's impossible to tell. It's nice to see several actors having crossed over to Buffy and Angel, though - just a shame Morena Baccarin didn't
Unread 18 May 2004, 00:55   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Buffy just got really really annoying. Both as a character and as a series.
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:01   #10
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

I love the way you post this as I'm watching episode 10. Firefly and Angel are both excellent series, it takes a special kind of evil to take them off the air the way they did. And only 48 hours till the last ever Angel. I hate this planet :-/
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:01   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Buffy never got annoying - bar perhaps Season 5 which was fairly terrible (apart from The Body, which was the entire show's best episode). It did not manage to live up to the first three seasons anymore, though.
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:03   #12
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Were they also reponsible for axing Farscape?
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:05   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
No.
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:09   #14
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Well then there are too many bastards out there in the broadcasting industry.
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:14   #15
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
I love the way you post this as I'm watching episode 10. Firefly and Angel are both excellent series, it takes a special kind of evil to take them off the air the way they did. And only 48 hours till the last ever Angel. I hate this planet :-/
I thoroughly enjoyed Firefly though I felt Josh Whedon opened a bit of a pandora's box with River that would be hard to carry on over several series character development wise.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 18 May 2004, 01:20   #16
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
I thoroughly enjoyed Firefly though I felt Josh Whedon opened a bit of a pandora's box with River that would be hard to carry on over several series character development wise.
Would have been nice if they got to finish explaining the back story behind her, and especially behind Book. It may sound a bit fanboyish, but if anyone could do character development after so long it would be Whedon. Just look at Wesley or Cordy in Angel.
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:22   #17
Evergreen
the merciless

TBH, I'm not a big fan of how he totally broke Wesley's and Cordy's characters.

He's turned Wesley into a love lorn bi-polar psychopath, one minute he's acting out of consideration for the best for everyone the next minute himself.

As for cordy he just ripped her to shreds from what she originally was, like changed her into a totally new person, the unimaginable leopard changing it's spots.

Unread 18 May 2004, 02:14   #18
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Sci Fi is to busy spitting on such crap as Boa VS Python.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 03:13   #19
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: I want to find the bastard...

Firefly was OK, although I thought the civil war/old west motif was a bit superfluous. The characters were good, which made it watchable, even as the story line wandered about.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 06:20   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
bar perhaps Season 5 which was fairly terrible
Respectfully disagree. Season 5 included :
The Gift / The Body / Fool For Love - three absolutley excellent episodes (all contenders for best episode ever imho) & The Replacement / Out of My Mind / Family / Listening to Fear / Intervention were all very good.

Overall, the Season got rid of Riley (hurrah), developed the Spike / Buffy relationship, made Spike into a great character (made him a hero, especially in Intervention), developed the Tara / Willow stuff well & made Xander a slightly more mature character after his faffing around in Season 4. In fact, the only truly dodgy episode that season was the Dracula one, which I agree was utterly pointless. Dawn was also a fairly annoying character, but obviously vital to the season. I'd rate Season 5 way above 1, 4, 6 & 7 and probably on par with three.

On-topic, I loved Firefly, but that might be because of Libertarian motif.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 08:29   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Buffy never got annoying - bar perhaps Season 5 which was fairly terrible (apart from The Body, which was the entire show's best episode). It did not manage to live up to the first three seasons anymore, though.
Season 4, 5, 6, 7.

Season 7 started well, but then we fell into a mire, where I could barely watch the main characters because of how irritating they were (but almost entirely Buffy).

Self righteous, pompous and stupid.

Season 6 was a parody of bad Buffy, Season 4 was just terrible.
Unread 18 May 2004, 09:59   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Respectfully disagree. Season 5 included :
The Gift / The Body / Fool For Love - three absolutley excellent episodes (all contenders for best episode ever imho) & The Replacement / Out of My Mind / Family / Listening to Fear / Intervention were all very good.
I'll grant you The Body as said earlier and The Gift, Fool for Love was pretty good, but I wouldn't name it as best show ever - the rest was fairly rubbish.

However, I did mistake season five for it's previous one with Adam, so I'll grant you that it wasn't the worst season. Both six and seven were still better than their two predecessors, though.
Unread 18 May 2004, 10:10   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
However, I did mistake season five for it's previous one with Adam, so I'll grant you that it wasn't the worst season. Both six and seven were still better than their two predecessors, though.
Six was almost certainly the worst season, containing more Deus Exes that any Game you'd care to mention.

Seven started well, then went off on non sequiturs and breaking off the background.
Unread 18 May 2004, 10:18   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Seven was OK at first, but the Slayerettes were incredibly irritating and they didn't need to introduce so many characters in the final season. It would have been stronger if they had reverted back more to the core characters.

Also, while the "First" was a good enemy on paper, it was a bit rubbish in actuality.

The final episode, while not terrible, was a let-down for one of my favourite TV shows ever.

edit : I think I would have enjoyed Six more if I had known there was no "big bad" coming as such. I kept expecting them to do something epic (after 5, which as I said, I enjoyed a lot). I've not rewatched Six yet.
Unread 18 May 2004, 10:21   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The First made no sense, as an enemy, or in physical terms, unless he goes out of his way to MAGIC! all the inconsistencies.

The best thing about series 7 is that the rape metaphors were definitely lower in number.
Unread 18 May 2004, 10:33   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I hated what they did to Spikes character in Season 6. It didn't actually make sense from previous developments. I blame Marti Noxon. The thing I dislike most of all was their "Spike can't be redeemed without his soul" bit, which completley counteracted all his previous developments.