User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Apr 2004, 13:04   #1
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
So whats up with the ingame clock?

Not only does it *have* to run in GMT for some odd reason (no one plays in that timezone now, whats the point?), but it seems to lose 30 seconds per week. At the start of the round it was dead right, ticking 5 seconds past the hour. Now it ticks at around xx:02:30, and is continuing to get slower.
I'm starting a Paypal fund to buy a new CMOS battery for the machine.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 13:46   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: So whats up with the ingame clock?

how upsetting :/ - they shoudl be auto syncing the time with a time server every sof often at the very least.

and the time zone stays as GMT simply becuase thats what was decided with the first clock change under jolt's ownership and consitancy means we all know what will come with the next clock change etc. It also means everyone has a static reference to compare to.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 13:55   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The clocks never taking Daylight Savings time into account, when its been hosted in europe it always used CEST which stayed the same for everyone even when DST kicked in and when it was in the UK it always used GMT which doesnt change when DST kicks in. Its just alot easier for everyone imho this way.

As for the clock, is the clock actually out or is it in fact just the ticks are moving later, if its the ticks moving later its probally due to the fact that theres been downtimes which will no doubt have moved the ticker off a bit
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 14:42   #4
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

The clock was losing time last round too, ticks were up to 8-9minutes late before they finally fixed it.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 16:19   #5
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

that's not true wakey, it wasn't always CEST, only from about round 7, possibly 6. i do remember it changing every time we went into/out of daylight saving, confusing a lot of stupid people or people who dont have dayligh saving, and then they just didnt change it one year, and didnt tell us why for weeks...
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 16:36   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's easiest to just do everything in tick number anyway :/
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 16:40   #7
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Wakey/Neferti: Last year was the first time the clock wasn't changed to daylight savings. The servers at Barrysworld and Chello both updated the time automatically. When they realised the Jolt machines weren't setup to do the same, it was just a case of "what the hell, leave it".

Tomkat: It helps when the game ticks on time, rather than waiting xx:02, xx:05, or the xx:10 it'll be by the end of the round.