User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:13   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
What new movies released in 2004 will be big?

Let's keep the chat to movies that haven't already been premiered/released in North America or other countries already (we all know that the UK tends to unfortuantely get movie releases here sometimes several months after North america).

What movies do you think are going to make it big next year that are still to be released anywhere?

I'll go for the obvious and say Spiderman 2 for a start, though feel free to regail me with your vast knowledge of what's in the works in the movie industry.

[Edit]

For those who need help Identifying which movies have already been released in 2003, search for the movie on http://www.imdb.com first. Don't be a Koen....

Last edited by Evergreen; 29 Dec 2003 at 23:25.
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:15   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: What new movies released in 2004 will be big?

Blade 3
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:16   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

"the last samurai"
"troy"

looking forward mostly to "kill bill II" and "boondock saints II" though.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:18   #4
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
the last samurai
troy
I stated let's not list movies that have already been released in North America in 2003.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:19   #5
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Blade 3
There's a blade 3 in the works? [edit] Turns out it's been called Blade : Trinity [/edit

I have to say Blade 2 was a massive disappointment for me with regards to it's predecessor.

What makes Blade 3 promising for you? Or is it just blind faith your betting on ? :P

Last edited by Evergreen; 29 Dec 2003 at 23:26.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:20   #6
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
I stated let's not list movies that have already been released in North America in 2003.

heh then why do you ask it on a forums where 90% is european?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:22   #7
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
heh then why do you ask it on a forums where 90% is european?
Because most of the european users can identify which movies have still to recieve worldwide release in 2004 and are currently unproven on a box office front.

It's not my fault you can't understand the original post (I am european myself and I'm not that ignorant).
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:27   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Blade: Trinity

Has Triple H from WWE fame in it as one of the bad guys. And well, its Blade. The second film wasnt as good as the first, but the first was a fking magic action film, you have to admit. The second wasnt a bad film in its own right either.

I just think the 3rd is going to rock, because, well its Blade innit.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:33   #9
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Blade: Trinity

Has Triple H from WWE fame in it as one of the bad guys. And well, its Blade. The second film wasnt as good as the first, but the first was a fking magic action film, you have to admit. The second wasnt a bad film in its own right either.

I just think the 3rd is going to rock, because, well its Blade innit.
Wesley Snipes vs Triple H.

It may not be a big movie in 2004 but I'll certainly watch it now.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:35   #10
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Doom 3 and Half Lif.....oh wait
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:47   #11
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Harry sodding Potter.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 23:56   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought Blade was absolute cack, personally.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:00   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
yes but you find politics interesting
I also liked the Terminator films (except 3), the X-Men ones, various Jet Li films and more.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:03   #14
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

- The Day After Tomorrow <---- looks awesome! March/April 2004
- Alien Vs. Predator
- Spiderman 2
- Resident Evil 2
- House Of The Dead
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 30 Dec 2003 at 00:11.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:04   #15
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
none of those films have a black person as the hero

racist
neither an asian man
----------retired-------
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:06   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
- The Day After Tomorrow <---- looks awesome! March/April 2004
I don't think any film by the director of Godzilla, The Patriot, Independence Day and Universal Soldier can be said to be looking 'awesome'.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:07   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
neither an asian man
Since when was Jet Li NOT ASIAN?
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:08   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

AvP could have been really good, but it looks really sucky
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:08   #19
Androme
☆ ♥ 

doesn't have an asian passport
----------retired-------
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:11   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
what are you actually basing that snippet of incorrectness on?

have you read the interviews yet with the guys directing and producing it?
The people in it, the director, the writers, the plot, the trailers.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:18   #21
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve

has nobody mentioned Kill Bill vol 2. ?

and Troy looks impressive from the trailer i have seen, fkin giant naval fleet
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:19   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighter
has nobody mentioned Kill Bill vol 2. ?

Kill Bill v2 has been mentioned, and Troy has been mentioned and disqualified due to already being released.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:20   #23
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighter
It's got Orlando bloom in it rawr!
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:20   #24
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Kill Bill v2 has been mentioned, and Troy has been mentioned and disqualified due to already being released.
I meant to disqualify The Last Samurai, Troy is still weakly applicable.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:21   #25
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve

Quote:
good, glad to see it aint been forgotten about
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:21   #26
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
doesn't have an asian passport
using that logic Linford Christie wasn't black then :P
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:22   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH a wrestler as the enemy ahhahhahaa
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:23   #28
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

[joke] Surely they'll be a good British movie this year!!! [/joke]
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:25   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
The witers/directors previous films have all been wicked, the plot isnt set in space but is still interesting and in keeping with the current alien/predator events that have been written about and the trailers give over no information about the film what so ever.

you are not allowed a negative opinion on the matter.
Why the hell is the guy who plays Bishop playing Weyland?

Why are there aliens on earth?

Did you like Resident Evil, Event Horizon and Mortal Kombat then?
How about Armageddon and Shaft?
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:34   #30
Evergreen
the merciless

The point is Mark & Idimmu is that AVP is prolly going to be a big movie of 2004.

Let's not get overly anal about the actual quality and personal preference, just keep digging out what will be gems or well hyped movies of 2004.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:42   #31
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Quote:
Why the hell is the guy who plays Bishop playing Weyland?
Recycling actors - A new eco friendly option.

Quote:
Why are there aliens on earth?
You have to have read the books to get that.
Please note, I bitterly regret having done so and have since driven all knowledge on the subject from my mind..
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:44   #32
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Oh, and comedy Sky captain option.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:46   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Weyland founded the company and also built the first robots, later, after he died, as a homage they were built after his likeness.
Then why, in Alien 3, is the Bishop character NOT A SYNTHETIC?

and you have terrible taste in films
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:48   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
You have to have read the books to get that.
Please note, I bitterly regret having done so and have since driven all knowledge on the subject from my mind..
I read one book with aliens on earth, but that was far far future, not 50 years on.

I also took out my mental torture on the person who lent it to me by not giving it back.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:06   #35
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
using that logic Linford Christie wasn't black then :P
you blind git, he was black.
----------retired-------
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:15   #36
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

i don't know what movies are coming out in 2004
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:26   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Alien vs Predator. If it's half as much fun as the game I will personally cut off someone's right hand off to pay for my ticket.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:29   #38
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lord of the Rings: The Balrog Menace
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:31   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Alien vs Predator. If it's half as much fun as the game I will personally cut off someone's right hand off to pay for my ticket.
It looks sucky
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:39   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It looks sucky
If it sucks I will actually rip out the spleen of whoever corrupted it and feed it to them.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:44   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
If it sucks I will actually rip out the spleen of whoever corrupted it and feed it to them.
The writer and director look about as top draw as something on the floor.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 02:43   #42
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
the mask 2

(((((((((((((((((
I hope your ****ing kidding.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 02:46   #43
Intrepid00

Quote:
It takes place up in the Artic circle in a buried praymid at the time 'present' where the predators supposly send their young to become men by fighting the aliens. Where a bunch of ****ing geeks, I mean scientist, get stuck in the middle.

Now, if that doesn't convince you its going to blow, when you already ignoreing the fact its a video game to movie (Super Mario Bros. Ahoy!), then I don't know what will.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 02:46   #44
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
troy is already out?
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 02:48   #45
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I don't think any film by the director of Godzilla, The Patriot, Independence Day and Universal Soldier can be said to be looking 'awesome'.
he did stargate aswell, which was great.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 02:49   #46
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
No it wasn't.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 02:51   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Even if it was, he's still responsable for some unrelenting shite.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 02:59   #48
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
troy is already out?
Try reading the whole thread before making a stupid comment

I have a large disdain of part-time browser posters.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 03:51   #49
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

What is with these ****ing official movie sites that make you load some pointless flash animation which spouts a load of meaningless catchphrases, before inviting you to install quicktime shitware in order to see the aforementioned catchphrases repteated in slow motion with audio.

Way to make people appreciate DivX and Bit Torrent there guys, keep up the incentive to not pay for movies so you can't afford your "web designers".
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 03:58   #50
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
What is with these ****ing official movie sites that make you load some pointless flash animation which spouts a load of meaningless catchphrases, before inviting you to install quicktime shitware in order to see the aforementioned catchphrases repteated in slow motion with audio.

Way to make people appreciate DivX and Bit Torrent there guys, keep up the incentive to not pay for movies so you can't afford your "web designers".
Bitter and wholly trueful..... Unfortunately you can't burn the people who print cash :P