User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Dec 2003, 02:48   #1
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve
please be honourable

can we please go back to an honourable game again. some thinks did happen in this round, but there is nothing to do about it now. can we please forget and forgive the ppl and go back to the game. But let us PLEASE dont do it again.

http://sonnenbomber.fackelmeer.de/xto.txt

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 03:20   #2
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: please be honourable

the point of this post is to do what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 03:28   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

good question - that link was reasonably common knowledge i think. Still i'm sure there are logs around implicating every alliance in existance in something dishonourable.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 03:36   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How is trying to screw over people who are trying to take you for a ride and ruin your diplomatic relations dishonourable?

Do me a favour.

[22:04] <XtoTheZ> if we didnt take them ecl or dragons would
[22:05] <XtoTheZ> same shit different hc

If that's true you can hardly blame Elysium for trying the idea out - in some ways it might even point towards them favourably considering they knew what they could do to win a round if others had the same option open to them..
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 03:48   #5
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=153
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 11:33   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

This just shows that xthotez is a big loser & in fact Sonnenbomber is a smart guy Two opposites u may call it :P
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 12:37   #7
Darkness
NoS forever

Darkness is an unknown quantity at this point

ah i love all this backstabbing

i dont see a problem @ all thats what PA is about ( 60% politics 40% skill )

[NoS] forever
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 13:49   #8
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheACE
can we please forget and forgive the ppl and go back to the game.
Why you post the link again then? Perhaps you actually meant:

Quote:
can we please have another thread full of flaming and bulls**t only this time I want to be the one that started it because I'm feeling left out.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 13:53   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness
thats what PA is about ( 60% politics 40% skill )
not really :P I'd say 95% politics and 5% skill.. that's what this game has become
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 14:08   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
How is trying to screw over people who are trying to take you for a ride and ruin your diplomatic relations dishonourable?

Do me a favour.

[22:04] <XtoTheZ> if we didnt take them ecl or dragons would
[22:05] <XtoTheZ> same shit different hc

If that's true you can hardly blame Elysium for trying the idea out - in some ways it might even point towards them favourably considering they knew what they could do to win a round if others had the same option open to them..
well, I don't know what kinda Hc you are then, but I fairly know I wouldn't wanna have 40 ely or eclipse members 1 week before the round ends. Imo it isn't even a weak excuse, it's simply not an excuse at all. Can't speak for dragons ofc, but even IF they claim this, doesn't make it any bit less dishonourable at all.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 14:21   #11
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
im a fag
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 14:22   #12
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

as eclipse was mentioned earlier, we were approached by about 25 Fang players when it looked like fang would fold. of those we only considered 10 because they had the needed vouchers in eclipse, galm8s/ a clean history with us.
Of those 10 we only considered 4-5 as real joiners and in the end only accepted 2-3 into our ranks.
The others were never at any point given "protected" or "recruits" and were removed from our possible recruits list within less then 10h when first vouches / informations and the whole fang situation cleared.
I may name leigon here who asked me if he should defect with his bg and i told him that if he is fang at heart he should stay with fang, especially if he considered fang his home and his friends.
So you see how far reality is from the picture Xtothez tries to create here.
As im pretty sure the argument of "DDK" and "virus" will follow on feet im more than happy to provide everyone with the stats of those in total less then 15 players in eclipse and how they made their way in eclipse or not (considering ppl like locky, sven, mikee, consul and others left us on our long way).
Still ill point out any comparison will have the major flow of time in it, considering all those joiners came in long before the end and with quiet different motivations, may it be dissappointment in their former alliance or may it be the disbanding of their former home.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 14:24   #13
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
as eclipse was mentioned earlier, we were approached by about 25 Fang players when it looked like fang would fold. of those we only considered 10 because they had the needed vouchers in eclipse, galm8s/ a clean history with us.
Of those 10 we only considered 4-5 as real joiners and in the end only accepted 2-3 into our ranks.
The others were never at any point given "protected" or "recruits" and were removed from our possible recruits list within less then 10h when first vouches / informations and the whole fang situation cleared.
I may name leigon here who asked me if he should defect with his bg and i told him that if he is fang at heart he should stay with fang, especially if he considered fang his home and his friends.
So you see how far reality is from the picture Xtothez tries to create here.
As im pretty sure the argument of "DDK" and "virus" will follow on feet im more than happy to provide everyone with the stats of those in total less then 15 players in eclipse and how they made their way in eclipse or not (considering ppl like locky, sven, mikee, consul and others left us on our long way).
Still ill point out any comparison will have the major flow of time in it, considering all those joiners came in long before the end and with quiet different motivations, may it be dissappointment in their former alliance or may it be the disbanding of their former home.

i think leigon asked every alliance in the game :/

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 14:40   #14
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
i think leigon asked every alliance in the game :/
i only know about vision, wp, ToT and elysium, additionally to eclipse.
Yet thats not very important for my point.
If we were as desperate to fill our ranks with last minute scoreboosts like Xtothez wishes to discribe us, we wouldnt have passed this opportunity.
Which we did on the very same reasons you stated yourself.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 14:42   #15
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

leigon came to mee !!!

and sonnenbomber too
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 15:15   #16
Darkness
NoS forever

[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble!
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble!
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble!

wtf is a womble

[NoS] forever
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 15:17   #17
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble!
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble!
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble!

wtf is a womble
that i dont know ;-)

ask one of those 4, they all think i'm a womble
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 15:23   #18
Darkness
NoS forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rember
that i dont know ;-)

ask one of those 4, they all think i'm a womble
rofl

<Darkness> Rember U are a womble

count meh in

[NoS] forever
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 16:53   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
well, I don't know what kinda Hc you are then, but I fairly know I wouldn't wanna have 40 ely or eclipse members 1 week before the round ends. Imo it isn't even a weak excuse, it's simply not an excuse at all. Can't speak for dragons ofc, but even IF they claim this, doesn't make it any bit less dishonourable at all.

rgds Kj
The fact that other alliance HC's are as much after their own interests as you are generally means you are left with little choice. Look what Elysium's opponents are, and tell me they are a bunch of nice guys.

Elysium wanted a win as much as anyone else, so tried to take it for themselves, as if they didn't, someone else would have done.

Sometimes being an HC requires you to be a coont, HC's aren't always around to play nice to people. I'd personally relish the thought of using enemy planets to get me to #1 then screw them over, it's an amusing rouse.

It's a bit of old fashioned skullduggery. The only thing really bad is fostering cheats, which I'm sure everyone would agree with
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 17:25   #20
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

The words "Planetarion" and "honor" are mutually exclusive.

Anyone who's played for any length of time would know that.

It's just a game, folks. Try to remember that.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 21:58   #21
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
i only know about vision, wp, ToT and elysium, additionally to eclipse.
Yet thats not very important for my point.
If we were as desperate to fill our ranks with last minute scoreboosts like Xtothez wishes to discribe us, we wouldnt have passed this opportunity.
Which we did on the very same reasons you stated yourself.
yea agreed, just wanted to say with that how "honourable" those people are....

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 22:41   #22
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I also have to disagree with xtothez's defence here. The kind of lame recruiting ely did has never been standard procedure for alliances. Unless the eclipse command has changed alot since I was in it, they would never recruit like that.

Where exactly is the proof that either Eclipse or ToT were interested in these recruits?

Lokken, I certainly would be the last person to criticize an alliance that is just doing what it takes to compete, but elysium seems to be the only alliance that took this move, so Im not seeing your point. It looks to me like a totally unnecessary and transparently superficial petty run for a meaningless score increase to get the literal number one spot when there obviously could be no real single winner anyway. I dont think that is something that all alliances would do at all.

As far as honor. Honor has no place in planetarion. This is a war game online. We need to get rid of honor, loyalty, hatred etc. If people just played this game like a game of risk it would be alot of fun.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 22:50   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There is no honor in love and war.
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 22:56   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
There is no honor in love and war.
Unless you're fighting a force of pure evil like the

MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS!
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 23:29   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
I also have to disagree with xtothez's defence here. The kind of lame recruiting ely did has never been standard procedure for alliances. Unless the eclipse command has changed alot since I was in it, they would never recruit like that.

Where exactly is the proof that either Eclipse or ToT were interested in these recruits?

Lokken, I certainly would be the last person to criticize an alliance that is just doing what it takes to compete, but elysium seems to be the only alliance that took this move, so Im not seeing your point. It looks to me like a totally unnecessary and transparently superficial petty run for a meaningless score increase to get the literal number one spot when there obviously could be no real single winner anyway. I dont think that is something that all alliances would do at all.

As far as honor. Honor has no place in planetarion. This is a war game online. We need to get rid of honor, loyalty, hatred etc. If people just played this game like a game of risk it would be alot of fun.
Note that I said 'if' that quote was true, but in any case.

'this kind of lame recruiting ely did has never been standard procedure for alliances.'

Fury/Legion in round 2 who took any defector that had a decent sized planet - Rids, Frag, Xani, Egor the list goes on.
Fury took in Quha pretty sharpish
Fury/Legion took plenty of Tubas in from what I remember.
WP took on OOO (a pro Legion alliance) when they were allied to Fury in r4.
Alliances were more or less queuing up to sign Deus'ers the moment we decided to disband.

So no alliance takes in whole chunks of alliances that effectively disband - bollocks they don't. If talent becomes available, you recruit it because it's there. You live on cloud cuckoo land if you don't believe that.

Elysium took a chance to win statistically and they've got the chance to end on a high. I'd suggest they disband now considering the reaction, as they've successfully managed to piss off a lot of people by being ruthless. Better that than let yourself get nobbed like Xanadu have a few times and Fury on the odd occaison.

I'm of the personal opinion that if an alliance wins, it should step aside and let other people have a crack, I don't argue that on these forums as that's not my decision to make and it's a matter of personal taste.

Eclipse shouldn't feel hard done by - they've more than earned their rights to say they won the round in any case, and it's clearly a shared victory. Elysium merely guaranteed they got a share of the spoils when they had a partner that appeared dominant. Eclipse should feel confident enough that their performance and power as an alliance guarantees them a win.

Ultimately, as you say, this is an online game and you owe nothing to anybody who isn't your friend to do 'what's done'. The only thing you strive not to do is break the rules.

So in short, even if it might be a petty attempt and slightly lame (and boo to Elysium), it's not as if others haven't done it or wouldn't consider it (can you say that people in PA think Focht or Jurgen are the nicest people in the box). And it's not that any alliance say in r5 won in a lame fashion.
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 23:31   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS!
Jonny wins the thread for bringing in Power Rangers to the window lickers forum
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 23:43   #27
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm just going to point out to Lokken that in his examples involving Fury the following needs to be stated:

Quha was absorbed into Fury during r5 (or perhaps r4-r5 interrim - officially I do believe it was beginning of r5) yet Quha were friendly to Fury during r4 and thus it was not like r10.

When Tuba members joined Fury/Wrath in r5 - Tuba was an allied alliance and it is uncomparable to the situation for r10 yet again.

Fury r2 I cannot comment on.

I also believe that the main point is that this is the first real example of blatant recruitment of hostiles in an effort to win a round. Looking back I honestly can't think of another example - do recall that by this I mean an alliance recruiting members from an alliance they've been at war with for over 1.5K ticks in a significant amount just to win a round.

That is the point I do believe, not the entire taking in defectors policy in general.

Personally I feel Elysium have shot themselves in the foot - from what I have been able to gather, hardly anyone seems to really credit them for a round win due to this but then again if they hadn't then it seems people were just going to forget about them anyway.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 02:22   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I'm just going to point out to Lokken that in his examples involving Fury the following needs to be stated:

Quha was absorbed into Fury during r5 (or perhaps r4-r5 interrim - officially I do believe it was beginning of r5) yet Quha were friendly to Fury during r4 and thus it was not like r10.

When Tuba members joined Fury/Wrath in r5 - Tuba was an allied alliance and it is uncomparable to the situation for r10 yet again.

That still doesn't address the point that alliances recruit talent from disbanded alliances because it's an easy way to get bigger.

Legion especially are an alliance that was BUILT on treachery, even if you consider being hostile/allied a difference (I'd more consider it being people you can't really account for so even allies are potentially a risk). You can hardly say that someone even leaving Fury to Legion or vice versa was a friendly transaction and they were best buddies.

Booooooooooooooooooooo
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 03:11   #29
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
This just shows that xthotez is a big loser & in fact Sonnenbomber is a smart guy Two opposites u may call it :P
Lol.. Maybe that post don't show Xtothez as very honourable toward the recent recruits, but it put Sonnenbomber very low on the honour scale aswell for spreading a personal log.

And in my opinion Xtothez comes out smarter then Sonnenbomber from that log. And honour to some who don't honour you is stupid.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 03:14   #30
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Lol.. Maybe that post don't show Xtothez as very honourable toward the recent recruits, but it put Sonnenbomber very low on the honour scale aswell for spreading a personal log.
Don't disagree with him. If he thinks kicking the people who are trying to take advantage of your alliance is dishonourable, it's his problem...
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 03:27   #31
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
That still doesn't address the point that alliances recruit talent from disbanded alliances because it's an easy way to get bigger.

Legion especially are an alliance that was BUILT on treachery, even if you consider being hostile/allied a difference (I'd more consider it being people you can't really account for so even allies are potentially a risk). You can hardly say that someone even leaving Fury to Legion or vice versa was a friendly transaction and they were best buddies.

Booooooooooooooooooooo
I hated people who left Fury for Legion - but then I hated people who left Fury.

Anyway I gave some point or other after the examples debate. Something about winning a round based on blatant recruitment of hostiles - even Legion never went that far (in recruiting lots of ex-Xanadu)

...or so I believe.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 03:30   #32
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Didn't Fury/Legion recruit from NoCeX in round 5 when they went down? And didn't Eclipse recruit top players from Wolfpack/Elysium in round 9 when the war started to go Eclipse/ToT's way? (Even if u say it doesn't count because the war started in the end of the round, Wolfpack-Eclipse hostility had been going on for a long time before the war brooke out)
[1up]
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 03:50   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
I hated people who left Fury for Legion - but then I hated people who left Fury.

Anyway I gave some point or other after the examples debate. Something about winning a round based on blatant recruitment of hostiles - even Legion never went that far (in recruiting lots of ex-Xanadu)

...or so I believe.
this post makes no sense to me, but allow me to retort [/Samuel L Jackson]

Alliances have recruited like this en masse to get stronger, in order to win
Elysium have recruited to win.

How is there a difference?

Booooooooooo
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 03:54   #34
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Didn't Fury/Legion recruit from NoCeX in round 5 when they went down? And didn't Eclipse recruit top players from Wolfpack/Elysium in round 9 when the war started to go Eclipse/ToT's way?
It's not the same thing because we don't call it the same thing. Just because the intention for both situations match (recruiting hostiles to win), and the outcome of both situations match (they recruited hostiles and won) doesn't mean it's the same thing. Otherwise Focht would have to admit he's wrong, causing AD to implode spectacularly* killing all connected.

*without expensive special effects. jolt isn't made of money ya' know
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 03:58   #35
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The fact that other alliance HC's are as much after their own interests as you are generally means you are left with little choice. Look what Elysium's opponents are, and tell me they are a bunch of nice guys.

Elysium wanted a win as much as anyone else, so tried to take it for themselves, as if they didn't, someone else would have done.

Sometimes being an HC requires you to be a coont, HC's aren't always around to play nice to people. I'd personally relish the thought of using enemy planets to get me to #1 then screw them over, it's an amusing rouse.

It's a bit of old fashioned skullduggery. The only thing really bad is fostering cheats, which I'm sure everyone would agree with
Again, I guess I'm a total different HC then you our your ideals. Tbh I'm glad I wouldn't even consider such an option cause I'd feel ashamed celebrating a victory while everyone knows it's bullshit

Not to judge you or anything, but what you and esp Xto are trying to show us is that all HC's are the same and would have done it. To that I protest and I'd call every HC that would consider that a bad HC.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2003, 03:59   #36
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

You still lost Dave.

lolololol
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:00   #37
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
You still lost Dave.

lolololol
ya but the tears are those of laughing at your hollow victory

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:03   #38
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

So they aren't tears brought on by failing to kill yourself because you failed to gain any respect whatsoever posting drivel on AD? Even Zhukov has more charisma.

'lol'
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:07   #39
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
So they aren't tears brought on by failing to kill yourself because you failed to gain any respect whatsoever posting drivel on AD? Even Zhukov has more charisma.

'lol'
lol, using the Zhukov joker, nice one ...

And, I think I don't need AD to be proud and happy of what I created, after all a gaming community is worth more then hypocrits recruiting cheaters in an online text based games with nothing but numbers and figures ...

So no, infact all I do on AD lately is laugh at you ... and Ely ... no wait, only at you

(how does it feel to be the one responsible to **** up an alliance with a 10 rounds of honour and respect? )

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:09   #40
zerocore
drow

zerocore is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: please be honourable

Quote:
Well well well... XtotheZ. Seems Elysium's victory is even cheaper than it looked before.
I can uderstand why did you recruited us all and i don't blame you for that, it's just a simple "political move", which made a profit for both of us, you got 1st place in aliance rankings, and we got our revenge to Eclipse. Seems both sides should be happy about it.
But, as we can see it now, that wasn't enought for you. You have lied us about your intentions to start a war inside of EET and what's more... you've tryed to sold us out!
And now, after round ended, you claim that u have #1 planet? The planet you wanted to sell?
You know what? You have won nothing but shame. Yes, Elysium will be marked as alliance which ended as #1 in gal rankings, but for what price?
Well, atleast WE, so called "defectors", got what WE wanted to. WE were the "King makers", WE had #1 planet, WE prevented Eclipse's victory, WE even had our small war agains rest of EET and... WE ARE FAnG!
And you? I feel sorry for you...

R5 - 19:21:8 - zerocore of syndicate - LDK
R6 - 29:4:1 - Dark Templar of Evil Prime - LDK - #58
R7 - 2:6:2 - Malekith the Witch King of Naggarond - LDK BC
R8 - 26:10:7 - Darksorrow The Demon Hunter of Altar of Elders - LDK BC - #94
R9 - 33:2:1 - Infernal Battlefield of Acheron - "LDK" - #286
R9.5 - 23:9:1 - The Blackguard of Infernal Underdark - LDK HC - #6
R10 - 19:2:9 - BlackGuard of The Dark Armoury - FAnG/LDK BG - #4
zerocore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:11   #41
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
(how does it feel to be the one responsible to **** up an alliance with a 10 rounds of honour and respect? )
Great.

We now fit in with everyone else.
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:14   #42
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocore
Well well well... XtotheZ. Seems Elysium's victory is even cheaper than it looked before.
I can uderstand why did you recruited us all and i don't blame you for that, it's just a simple "political move", which made a profit for both of us, you got 1st place in aliance rankings, and we got our revenge to Eclipse. Seems both sides should be happy about it.
But, as we can see it now, that wasn't enought for you. You have lied us about your intentions to start a war inside of EET and what's more... you've tryed to sold us out!
And now, after round ended, you claim that u have #1 planet? The planet you wanted to sell?
You know what? You have won nothing but shame. Yes, Elysium will be marked as alliance which ended as #1 in gal rankings, but for what price?
Well, atleast WE, so called "defectors", got what WE wanted to. WE were the "King makers", WE had #1 planet, WE prevented Eclipse's victory, WE even had our small war agains rest of EET and... WE ARE FAnG!
I love you m8

read it Xto, FAnG ...

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:16   #43
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
. You have lied us about your intentions to start a war inside of EET
Irvine lied to you. Elysium at no point promised any war with Eclipse. Irvine however altered or pasted out of context quotes stating the reverse to get members to join.

Quote:
I didn't offer to sell bleen, I have seen no evidence of him breaking Ely rules, starting war with Eclipse or anything else. I also don't deny that his victory his 90% fang, since his roids are EET's. I did however request credit for the Ely defense that covered his final incoming , and the final Elysium waves on Graki that removed him from #1.

Quote:
Well, atleast WE, so called "defectors", got what WE wanted to.
Why is our recruited ranking any worse than your ship jumping rank? Because, er... oh, wait...
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:30   #44
zerocore
drow

zerocore is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Irvine lied to you. Elysium at no point promised any war with Eclipse. Irvine however altered or pasted out of context quotes stating the reverse to get members to join.

I didn't offer to sell bleen, I have seen no evidence of him breaking Ely rules, starting war with Eclipse or anything else. I also don't deny that his victory his 90% fang, since his roids are EET's. I did however request credit for the Ely defense that covered his final incoming , and the final Elysium waves on Graki that removed him from #1.

Why is our recruited ranking any worse than your ship jumping rank? Because, er... oh, wait...
Bull's sh*t! Irvine didn't lied to us. I spoked with some of Ely's officiers my self about that and i know that it was REAL deal!

You wanted to sell ALL "hostile" planets, didn't you?
[21:45] <XtoTheZ> ely would still win the round with friendly players and both sides can punish the traitors
So which one was bleen?

I've earned my rank on my own, what about Elysium?

R5 - 19:21:8 - zerocore of syndicate - LDK
R6 - 29:4:1 - Dark Templar of Evil Prime - LDK - #58
R7 - 2:6:2 - Malekith the Witch King of Naggarond - LDK BC
R8 - 26:10:7 - Darksorrow The Demon Hunter of Altar of Elders - LDK BC - #94
R9 - 33:2:1 - Infernal Battlefield of Acheron - "LDK" - #286
R9.5 - 23:9:1 - The Blackguard of Infernal Underdark - LDK HC - #6
R10 - 19:2:9 - BlackGuard of The Dark Armoury - FAnG/LDK BG - #4
zerocore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 04:52   #45
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Again, I guess I'm a total different HC then you our your ideals. Tbh I'm glad I wouldn't even consider such an option cause I'd feel ashamed celebrating a victory while everyone knows it's bullshit

Not to judge you or anything, but what you and esp Xto are trying to show us is that all HC's are the same and would have done it. To that I protest and I'd call every HC that would consider that a bad HC.
No one ever asked me whether I said whether Elysium deserve their position or that they were right to claim it the way they have. I don't know how they performed, I don't care how they did, I'm just considering whether in the circumstances it was a viable idea.

Did I say all HC's would do it? No. Did I say whether I would do it? That's no ones business. I'm trying to look at it, and see if it's a realistic option to consider (and not necessarily go through with considering the political ramifications [which btw is his problem not yours] etc etc). Although what I do think is that it's a good laugh, and if that makes me shit, that's fine as I entirely agree with you.

"The fact that other alliance HC's are as much after their own interests as you are generally means you are left with little choice. Look what Elysium's opponents are, and tell me they are a bunch of nice guys."

I said that there are individual HC's about who would, because there can be and has been some nasty pieces of work about in this game. I haven't even denied that it is a bit skullduggerous because there's no doubt that it is devious and underhanded.

And sometimes, devious and underhanded is good. Take Jurgen's gal in r6, who won it with a fence embedded up their arse. They won that way, it was their decision, it got a couple of Deus members in the top galaxy, but I can hardly call it 'our galaxy'. I don't really care about it overly as end of day there were things in r6 that easily outweigh those achievements. Score for some people is everything, others not. As I've said, if Eclipse look at their performance and power and their alliance, they don't need to give two hoots about the rankings from the impression I get.

As for those claiming there is no honour but going 'OMFG this is bad', your logic puzzles me greatly.
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 05:07   #46
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
As Xtothez said in that log. It was this war of yours with Elysium's allies that made them reconsider this deal. I allways felt Xanadu should have kicked ldk in round 6. They where warmongorers. Never did stuff for Xanadu, only for themself. And they could not be controlled and started the war against FoS way to soon. Personally I didn't want a war with FoS, but if it was to happen, it wasn't then. And ofcourse they kept attacking their own allies constantly. LDK was only trouble and not worth what happened to Xanadu end of round 6.
[1up]
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 05:17   #47
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Bull's sh*t! Irvine didn't lied to us. I spoked with some of Ely's officiers my self about that and i know that it was REAL deal!

You wanted to sell ALL "hostile" planets, didn't you?
[21:45] <XtoTheZ> ely would still win the round with friendly players and both sides can punish the traitors
So which one was bleen?

I've earned my rank on my own, what about Elysium?
Elysium have betrayed an alliance in all its rounds. Why would it do it now? It would be to much of a turn around in their morals. Command and members in Elysium dislike backstabbing. For instance, Elysium stayed with Wolfpack in round 9 even though they rather wanted to be with Eclipse for the reasons of honour and loyalty(no offence titans :P). Maybe u could past some logs of the ely officers telling u this. Maybe u where in the wrong channel? Isn't logically for an alliance planing such a move to inform everyone asking about it.
[1up]
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 07:25   #48
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Clearly...recruiting those nasty fangs just to get #1 isn't worth all of this, you guys should have consulted me first

I would have just attacked them into oblivion once fang collapsed, oh well, each to their own. We had a golden opportunity to rape some fangs and we recruited them, ffs. :P

(it's nothing personal FAnG...really )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 09:27   #49
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Storebo. Look look whos speaking. It is not up to you to decide whether we did anything for xanadu or we didnt. If you at least would try to think a bit you would see that LDK played a big role for Xanadu in r6 (also check top planet). I am not saying that LDK was everything etc. No. But Xanadu needed us in r6 for sure. You dont even know situation. "LDK started war against FoS" Put this phrase you know where. And at least there was some fun in r6, not like all the other rounds, where rounds are ending after month. You look like Zhukov now
________
Gilles simon (formula one)

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:53.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 09:37   #50
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Booooooooooooooooooooo

Did I miss something? Isnt fang still around?

The difference between players who are homeless due to an alliance disband, and players who jump ship from an alliance facing problems is massive. You use many examples of alliances that just called it quits. Then youve got plenty of able, loyal, people without an alliance. That is very very different from an alliance going bad and people jumping ship at the end of a round to protect thier scores and exact revenge on one enemy in the other block by making them 2nd in score. It is rather rediculous to compare the two.

Quote:
this post makes no sense to me, but allow me to retort [/Samuel L Jackson]

Alliances have recruited like this en masse to get stronger, in order to win
Elysium have recruited to win.

How is there a difference?

Booooooooooo
There is a giant difference and frankly, an obvious one.

Recruiting en masse good players who you see making a future contribution is massively different than recruiting ship jumpers at the end of a round so you have thier score at the end, when obviously most, if not all of them will be off at the end of the round.

If ely, like eclipse claims, had only recruited those players who passed a recruitment procedure meant to ensure loyalty from recruits, that would be one thing. They recruited players whom nobody would have thought would be investments in the future.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote