User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 31 May 2003, 14:37   #1
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Digi Cams

I'm a student. I'm therefore inherently poor, or pissed.

Both.

Either way, I'd very much like the services of a digital camera. It'll be almost entirely for web work, but I wouldn't mind making prints of 'at least reasonable quality' with it.

So, what cheap but 'decent' digi cams do you have/know people have/have tried/recommend?

Yours faithfully,
Pablissimo
Unread 31 May 2003, 14:38   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
When you say cheap how cheap are we actually talking about?
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 14:43   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sub-£100 ideally.

I'm prepared to go the refurbished/second hand route but I can't do that yet because I don't know any 'good' ones I could nab on EBay...
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 18:08   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
you can get 'useable' for sub 100 just about.

iwoot.com do a few , but the one i'd go for would be
this.

Sure, it isnt the best camera in the world, but seems to me a decent spec for the price.

The zoom is digital rather than optical, and its only really 3 megapixel, but it also has a flash, and an lcd screen.
3megapixel is more than enough for decent shots
(i have one thats 0.75 or so. the pics are useable, but not great. something 4 times greater should be verging on decent picture)

IWOOT.com isnt the cheapest place in the world, so if you were shopping around you could probably get it cheaper
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 21:58   #5
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
i have the canon powershot g2*

*[SIZE=1]not a budget camera[/SIZE]

edit: lameness for having size tag disabled
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:19   #6
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Pabbeh, I've got a Sony Cybershot DSC-9 or smth, 4 Megapixels, ****ing great camera - the problem with cheap cameras is that they invariabley have only digital zoom (sounds good, really its crap) ie fixed lens.

You should up your budget to £250 or so, you should be able tog et a good camera for that.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 19:10   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by MT
Pabbeh, I've got a Sony Cybershot DSC-9 or smth, 4 Megapixels, ****ing great camera - the problem with cheap cameras is that they invariabley have only digital zoom (sounds good, really its crap) ie fixed lens.

You should up your budget to £250 or so, you should be able tog et a good camera for that.
I don't require zoom at all really, so it's a moot point, and although I'd love a cybershot (flatmate bought one a while back) they're both far, far too expensive for my budget and don't feel the most solid of items (I was always looking out for it hoping I didn't break it when I nicked it off him heh).

Thanks for the suggestions though, at least there are some cams out there, I'll report back if and when I get one
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 19:55   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

At £129, this is on special offer at Ebuyer; I'm tempted =/